Blank Job Status

Comments (4)

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia

63 months ago

So I need an opinion on how to take this. Some time ago a NG manager contacted me regarding an engineering position NG posted online. Then I interviewed with them about a week later from our initial contact and the interview was phenomenal. What they were looking for regarding experience, education, and such were in line with what I have. I was even introduced to other team members to get an idea of what I would be working with if I did get the job. About two weeks or so later passed by and my job status online went from Candidate Pool to Interview to a blank status within two days. Obviously I was excited about this since getting a job from an online posting is quite rare (based on past forum postings). A day later, HR contacted me about filling out some documents. Now it is about a week later and I have yet to hear anything. Thoughts? Should I be concern about the blank status? Is this a good thing? I understand that a job offer is not official unless I have it in writing but after being unemployed for 5 months I'm quite excited to potentially have a job again. Thanks for your help.

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia

63 months ago

I think in your case, you got the job. Couple reasons

1. Why would they take additional effort of introducing you to other team members?

2. I think its good sign that interview status changed to blank status

3. Another good sign is that they ask you to fill out some documents

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia

63 months ago

Engineer08 in Glen Allen, Virginia said: I think in your case, you got the job. Couple reasons

1. Why would they take additional effort of introducing you to other team members?

2. I think its good sign that interview status changed to blank status

3. Another good sign is that they ask you to fill out some documents

That's what I thought too. I am just excited to get back to work as would anyone would be if they were in my situation. I posted this comment as a sanity check. Thanks for making me feel beter.

Putaine in Washington, District of Columbia

61 months ago

GreatEngineerInTheMaking in Washington DC, District of Columbia said: That's what I thought too. I am just excited to get back to work as would anyone would be if they were in my situation. I posted this comment as a sanity check. Thanks for making me feel beter.

Did you wind up getting the job in the end?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.