Office Team = Robert Half = Fraud

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 149)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Someone Stop the Bogus Ads! Office Team in Littleton, Colorado

89 months ago

Office Team posted 1700 NEW JOBS this weekend! I am certain they do not have 1,700 new jobs! They need to be stopped by the state atty. general for their constant spamming of job boards for FAKE JOB ADS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

People must formally complain! in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Unless people FORMALLY COMPLAIN TO state agencies like the Atty. General, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, EEOC, FTC, etc. nothing will be done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Kearny, New Jersey

89 months ago

I applied to them for any job related to Web Design last year. They used me once for two weeks for a Christmas rush then never used me again. In fact, when I first applied the guy I interviewed with didn't look at my portfolio and made excesses, so it never even got looked at. They never had any intention of finding me any work. The agency is a scam and they won't find you the work they claim they have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Scam temp agencies in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Office Team, Robert Half Intl. is using YOUR RESUMES to find new clients. They are posting fake job ads to lure unsuspecting job seekers to send their resume so they can see who YOU worked for and call them! They don't have the jobs they post -- maybe a few here and there, mainly low level. They are a SCAM COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

89 months ago

OfficeTeam is not helpful at all when you are unemployed and they are liars. My recruiter told me that they can help me after I lost my position at the Federal Reserve Bank. However, I found that position at a different staffing agency. Now I found out from my recruiter telling me to go get solid work experience and lose it before her agency can help me. Why didn't she tell me this earlier? Liars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cut out the Middleman! in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

The staff at the Office Team in Greenwood Village, CO (or Englewood mailing address) REALLY DO remind me of children dressing up playing "business!" I'm LOL!!!!!!!!!!

MY ADVICE: GO DIRECTLY TO COMPANY WEBSITES OR CALL THE HR RECRUITERS IF YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING. SOMETIMES THEY WILL ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU! AMAZING! The temp agencies want everyone to 'go thru them.' Let them know how we DO NOT NEED THEM -- they are for the most part, a useless and unecessary third party! Cut out the middleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Coding System: BOGUS ADS in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

Is anyone familiar with their coding system? I think they use the same or similar one as Robert Half, where they can tell if the job is fake or bogus to attract applicants. Please reply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Candidate in Cary in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

Cut out the Middleman! in Denver, Colorado said: MY ADVICE: GO DIRECTLY TO COMPANY WEBSITES OR CALL THE HR RECRUITERS IF YOU DON'T SEE ANYTHING. SOMETIMES THEY WILL ACTUALLY TALK TO YOU! AMAZING! The temp agencies want everyone to 'go thru them.' Let them know how we DO NOT NEED THEM -- they are for the most part, a useless and unecessary third party! Cut out the middleman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely the best advice! Why add an extra layer between you and the job you want? Why allow these so-called recruiters to waste your valuable time and energy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Do you enjoy being used? in Denver, Colorado

89 months ago

You are completely missing the point. These agencies are USING people to get NAMES for their own potential clients PRETENDING they are looking for a job for applicants. They don't tell them they only place a teeny tiny fraction of applicants.

I don't know about you, but I don't wish to be used by a deceptive company like that. Office Team has a lot of NERVE to ask people for 6 references for data entry jobs! I mean, please! They just want employers names for themselves! Greedy and sleazy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in Novato, California

89 months ago

OfficeTeam recruiters are RUDE.I am not STUPID! and one of the recruiters implied that I am STUPID.Never again am I being a temp at the agency. I know I am working permanently, so why should this DUMB RECRUITER tell me again on who to contact for payroll problems!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

fedup

88 months ago

All of you that have jobs should be so grateful, if you hate your job so much, I'll take it. I have been looking for a month, interview after the next with no luck. I don't want to loose it all.

This new retarded wait a week or more, approach to hiring is mind blowing. What happened to: you get a call, go to your interview and you either got the job or you not it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy

88 months ago

Someone Stop the Bogus Ads! Office Team in Littleton, Colorado said: Office Team posted 1700 NEW JOBS this weekend! I am certain they do not have 1,700 new jobs! They need to be stopped by the state atty. general for their constant spamming of job boards for FAKE JOB ADS!

Yeah, false advertising. Lying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

State Labor Board + Fifty and Fabulous! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Actually try calling your state's LABOR BOARD TO FIND JOBS! A rarely thought of avenue. They're super helpful -- especially the Arapahoe Douglas WORKS! They also have a program called "Fifty and Fabulous!" Check it out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GREAT LINKS TO FIND REAL JOBS! in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Screw Office Team! Find your own job in Colorado. Lots of links:

www.adworks.org/jobseeker/colorado.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ismael Colon in Fort Worth, Texas

88 months ago

What kind of position are you currently seeking in Colorado?

I'm a recruiter but unfortunately don't work within Colorado. I do however work in Florida and New York placing financial and accounting executives but not for any of the above listed firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Felicity in Aurora, Colorado

88 months ago

I went in to take all the testing and I failed horribly and my skills may need to be some what refreshed but I do have basic knowledge of MS Office. It took me two hours to do all the computer testing and then when I left they told me they didn't have anything for me at this time and to check back next week? Hmmm...I wonder why there are so many job postings on their site? Wow, really, no jobs? Then they emailed me the testing tutorials and I have yet been able to figure out how to actually take the tutorials on this strange site? I was starting to wonder myself what the heck was up with this Temp Agency! Thank goodness I found this site!! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Evan in Oakland, California

88 months ago

Ronald, this is the last comment I'm posting because I'm blocking more emails - but I'm from Kearny, 07032, Hoyt St. Played soccer, love the town. You're giving us a bad name by complaining. Man it up. Best of luck in the future. You'll have more of it by erasing the attitude that the world is out to get you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

What is the legal word for.... in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Evan in Oakland, California said: Ronald, this is the last comment I'm posting because I'm blocking more emails - but I'm from Kearny, 07032, Hoyt St. Played soccer, love the town. You're giving us a bad name by complaining. Man it up. Best of luck in the future. You'll have more of it by erasing the attitude that the world is out to get you.

Yes, attitude counts but job seekers have a RIGHT to be treated fairly and ethically. Not lied to and betrayed to predatory agencies using their confidential information to find clients. This IS ILLEGAL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Slime Balls in Denver, Colorado

88 months ago

Someone Stop the Bogus Ads! Office Team in Littleton, Colorado said: Office Team posted 1700 NEW JOBS this weekend! I am certain they do not have 1,700 new jobs! They need to be stopped by the state atty. general for their constant spamming of job boards for FAKE JOB ADS!

I see that Office Team has tens of thousands more FAKE JOBS posted again. They never quit deceiving the public do they? Slime balls!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Medical Coding Seeker in Nashville, Tennessee

82 months ago

I noticed that OfficeTeam isn't too fond of candidates who are still employed. I filled out their online application just to see if I got any bites from them, some of their jobs posted looked interesting. A few days later a recruiter from the Brentwood branch called me about my online application. I told her I was currently employed and that caught her off guard.

Then she basically said they weren't a recruiter and they hire candidates for temp assignments. FLAG #1. However they do fill few temp-to-perm positions. I said I'd be interested in the latter. So she told me to go to the Nashville branch to fill out paperwork, do testings, and interview with Matt.

I contacted the Nashville branch to set up a time to come in. Well, they said their office closes at 5 p.m. and they don't do testing after 5 p.m. A big FLAG #2. So I went in during my lunch hour. The testing took a lot longer than expected, and I had to leave before I was done and come back a second day during my lunch hour to finish and do an interview.

When I asked for Matt, the receptionist didn't know who I was talking about and had to call around until someone told her Matt was new. Another big FLAG #3. Don't interview with a 'green recruiter'.

During the interview, the guy acted like he was in a hurry to get back to doing something else. Not only did he seem bothered, but he wasn't very focused. He scrambled around with the questions. At one point, he even lowered his head shut his eyes tight and froze like that for a few seconds. I was about to say "Are you okay?" but he snapped out of it just in time and continued with the interview. FLAG #4, poor recruiter and poor interviewer.

Well, that was a huge waste of my time, wasting two lunch breaks on nothing. But lessons learned: Don’t go the temp agency route unless you are willing to drop everything and go to an assignment ASAP for a low paying temp assignment. Temp agencies are only for those who need a quick-fix job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Merribelle in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

Office Team is probably wondering if you have a job, why are wasting your time with them? Most of their jobs are low level and they are not trying to "place you" but to "fill a job request." Go to a real placement agency if you are looking for a better job -- ! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey

80 months ago

Funny, if I had a job why would I be looking for work?

"Go to a real placement agency?" That's funnier still!

If there were any in my area I would consider it. The fact is all egencies have the same general policy. If you're older than the recruiter/interviewer they will pass you over and you will never be considered or called. Yet still, there are no such opportunies for any one trying to get into new fields, if you don't already have experience you will not be considered either. I could list more but you get the idea, generally, in my area if your're not 20, a female, or anything other than an average white guy you will not get past the front door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

80 months ago

True true! Now they are SPAMMING Craig's List with bogus ads! You can tell when it's an agency -- they are more organized with the way they write the ads! Scam artists!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Funny, if I had a job why would I be looking for work?

"Go to a real placement agency?" That's funnier still!

If there were any in my area I would consider it. The fact is all egencies have the same general policy. If you're older than the recruiter/interviewer they will pass you over and you will never be considered or called. Yet still, there are no such opportunies for any one trying to get into new fields, if you don't already have experience you will not be considered either. I could list more but you get the idea, generally, in my area if your're not 20, a female, or anything other than an average white guy you will not get past the front door.

You're right agencies are not the place you want to go if you want to "change" careers. Agencies get paid by the client to find exactly what they are looking for......not someone who wants that type of work. Also, if agencies really did what you said as far as age discrimination don't you think some of them would have been closed or fined or even both, unless all these claims have been unfounded.....then they are just forum gossip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I know from personal experience, if your older they will automatically rule you out.

Besides being jerks, why would they rule someone out who is older? Seriously, I would like to know.

Older workers have a better work ethic in general and generally stay LONGER at jobs. They also have common sense, something seriously lacking in these newbies!

It makes ZERO SENSE both logically and business-wise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Yup, you would think that would be the case on the surface. However, there are many reasons such as: they don't have to worry about benefits if they hire a younger worker an older worker would want. They can take advantage of younger workers who don't have experience and will take pretty much anything offered. They can combine several positions and have a younger worker do two or three jobs. Instead of two or three pay checks, they pay the younger worker one lower pay scale for one position. The younger worker won't know he is technically a scab worker who replaced an older worker. They don't have to offer the same benefits as before, for that matter they don't even have to maintain the same safety or working standards. Thats why a few short years ago many companies dumped all the older workers just so they could cut corners and the new workforce they replaced them with wouldn't have a clue just how bad they were really being taken advantage of. Just look around in most businesses today like Wal-mart, Best buy and others you only typically see younger workers. There is a reason "hire young" is the norm. Its also the reason many older workers turn in resume after resume with no responses. You're not naive enough to think a guy that operated a forklift for twenty years (for instance)is really suddenly unqualified to operate one do you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Don't kid yourself, there is no law that says they can't discriminate against a white guy, it happens all the time.
We are the only group that has no rights group to stuck up for us, and you won't see the headline "white guy discriminated against goes to court." As far as age, many recruiters have already admitted in these forums and I know from personal experience, if your older they will automatically rule you out.

I'm happy you all know from "personal experience". However, so do I. I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER discriminated against any race or age group....if you are qualified for the position in all capacities (skill set, pace of environment, communication skills etc) I will land you an interview. Recruiters make money off of who they place, we don't give a rats ass one way or the other if you are white, or orange for that matter....money is money is money. Maybe if you do feel that strongly you should report them....last time I checked the EEOC laws protected all races, not just the minorities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Our entire economy is going to sh--t in my opinion due to the Free Trade agreements. Those agreements benefit other countries; not ours. We currently have a huge trade deficit with China -- $80 billion and I'm not even sure what time span that is (one day? ha-ha)

It doesn't help us create jobs.

We need a president who is going to do everything in his power to get jobs -- GOOD JOBS in the USA -- not service jobs like restaurant and retail which are the lowest paying on the economic scale.

When Bush says "We've created so many jobs," I ask: WHAT KIND of jobs have we created? More retail service clerk jobs? No offense to those that do it, but if the majority of our jobs are retail, the USA is IN BIG TROUBLE.

It's a global economy, but we have a right to protect our interests. We don't seem to!

Personally, I wonder if Mitt Romney would be good for the jobs market and the economy? He has the business experience. McCain has even admitted he doesn't know much about the economy! That is scary!

The worse our economy is, the worse agencies like RHI will get with their predatory and deceptiveness as they will have 2,000 applicants for 1 job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Gee, another recruiter acting hurt. Yeah I could go into my usual list and eventually get you mad enough to tell the truth but why bother. Many of us already know what your saying is not reality but a learned or rehursed)response. Many have submitted resumes only to never hear from recruiter again, so stop the bull. You can't possibly expect us to beleive that if a guy does a job like (forklift driver for instance) for 10 or 20 years, and we beleive you. He's not qualied to drive a fork lift, and no matter how many jobs you have he won't hear from you unless he's either twenty or spanish speaking. Go spread your false bull somewhere else. I've been told to my face to many times "we don't hire whites, and to leave," or: "they use equal opportunity to fire the white guy" or the code phrase "we found a more qualified person" meaning someone younger than me to know those laws do not protect me they hurt me to benifit others. Lastly no court or lawyer will ever even give me the time of day if I say I was discriminated against. So go lie somewhere else. I know you use at least some of those excuses yourself daily, and I know you don't tell hopeful candidates the truth when you pass them over for someone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Gee, another recruiter acting hurt. Yeah I could go into my usual list and eventually get you mad enough to tell the truth but why bother. Many of us already know what your saying is not reality but a learned or rehursed)response. Many have submitted resumes only to never hear from recruiter again, so stop the bull. You can't possibly expect us to beleive that if a guy does a job like (forklift driver for instance) for 10 or 20 years, and we beleive you. He's not qualied to drive a fork lift, and no matter how many jobs you have he won't hear from you unless he's either twenty or spanish speaking. Go spread your false bull somewhere else. I've been told to my face to many times "we don't hire whites, and to leave," or: "they use equal opportunity to fire the white guy" or the code phrase "we found a more qualified person" meaning someone younger than me to know those laws do not protect me they hurt me to benifit others. Lastly no court or lawyer will ever even give me the time of day if I say I was discriminated against. So go lie somewhere else. I know you use at least some of those excuses yourself daily, and I know you don't tell hopeful candidates the truth when you pass them over for someone else.

Exactly.....you proved my point, if a money hungry lawyer wont meet with you...obviously you have no case......."we don't hire whites" were you searching recently or in 1950? Also my answers aren't "rehursed" as you put it.....they are honest answers, and I really could care less if anyone as ignorant as you agrees with me....I'll save my breath for those who aren't like talking to big brick walls! Good luck on future job searches, you will need it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Yup, its always fun when a kid half my age tries to tell me recruiters don't treat me the way I know they do. Its fun when a kid tries to tell me I am not discriminated against because of age, how would he even know being the age he is? (The exception is he practices this discrimination everyday.) He can say it doesn't happen, I'm sure all the job seekers out there that have been told "we hired someone else" will be comforted by pretending it didn't happen to them. On the bright side in about twenty years, this recruiter saying it doesn't happpen will like be saying the opposite, when no one wants to hire him anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: Good luck on future job searches, you will need it!

You are truly an arrogant jerk, Recruiter, and just taking up SPACE on this earth! Go away!

Actually Im not searching for work thanks....funny....Im called the arrogant one.....I hope the rest of your existence is as miserable as you are!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Yup, its always fun when a kid half my age tries to tell me recruiters don't treat me the way I know they do. Its fun when a kid tries to tell me I am not discriminated against because of age, how would he even know being the age he is? (The exception is he practices this discrimination everyday.) He can say it doesn't happen, I'm sure all the job seekers out there that have been told "we hired someone else" will be comforted by pretending it didn't happen to them. On the bright side in about twenty years, this recruiter saying it doesn't happpen will like be saying the opposite, when no one wants to hire him anymore.

Ron it's great that your a know it all...little do you know....I am not a kid, nor am I a he....so before you start preaching to everyone why don't you make sure you have your facts straight.....and you're right I would not hire you...not because your white, male, or older than I am, but sheerly because of your attitude. It's funny......have you ever looked at yourself and the way you present yourself to prospective employers if so, then you may get a mere glimpse of what they see in you....NOTHING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Do everyone a favor and please go away "Recruiter." You are the bottom feeders in the employment market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Anne in Littleton, Colorado said: Do everyone a favor and please go away "Recruiter." You are the bottom feeders in the employment market.

Hahahaha....a forum about agencies and you are telling the recruiter to go away...get a grip....agencies are the BACKBONE of the employment market! Deal with it, if you don't like them dont use their FREE service to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida said: Hahahaha....a forum about agencies and you are telling the recruiter to go away...get a grip....agencies are the BACKBONE of the employment market! Deal with it, if you don't like them dont use their FREE service to you.

I am laughing out loud! LOL! What "service?" Wasting our time with resume collectors?

You said "Agencies are the "backbone" of the employment market?" Are you stupid or just delerious?

You'd better go back and take your economics classes! Small businesses are the BACKBONE of the employment market.

Employment agencies are adding a THIRD PARTY -- adding costs to the labor market. Bottom feeding predators!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Great point Anne,
Might I add the third party also enables the short term thinking pin head types (like recruiters)to undercut the American labor force with cheaper labor such as H-1 visa's. Dumb twenty year old recruiters think its funny now, that is until they figure out when they get older they even cut their own throats and can no longer find work. Many jobs in many fields are no gone and entry-level positions no longer exist. Our benifits and retirement packages are already gone. These ill-educated recruiters won't get a clue until the entire econmy collaspes, then they will try to blame someone else for their mistake in hacking the American dream to pieces just so they can get the tiny paycheck they scabbed to get from someone else who once did a far better job then they ever could. Unfortunately, the era of quality workmanship, job integrity, and pride in ones self is also extinct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Great point Anne,
Might I add the third party also enables the short term thinking pin head types (like recruiters)to undercut the American labor force with cheaper labor such as H-1 visa's.

You both are so incredibly ridiculous that I no longer know what to say to you Ron, or Ann. Employment agencies are a business they are not non-profit. We put people to work every single day regardless of what the economy looks like...would the economy be better off with more unemployed people out there? No- these agencies that you BOTH view as horrible to our future economy actually find people temp, temp to perm, and permanent employment every single day....these agencies help find people jobs that put food on their tables, and pay their mortgage and utility bills. The people that work for agencies also purchase things just like you and all of you people on this board, thus helping the economy....just because neither one of you were successful at gaining employment through and agency does not mean they are bad for the economy. It would be wonderful if agencies could place everyone in wonderful jobs, and help every person who walks through their door, but they can't and you are being extremely unrealistic in thinking they ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ok, if these agencies were half as good as you say they would actually use more of the people who apply for work instead of constantly looking for new people. Fact is most people I know who ever applied to these agencies either never heard from them again or were only used once. The fact is agencies don't find people work, they typically only advertise to get information. By the way information is big business. That means if you con an employer into a contract, they have pay you reguardless of if they get a worker through you or not. So there is no incentive for you to find work for anyone Your incentive is only to get new employers to sign up. We all know it, we've experienced it, and we are not naive enough to fall for your rehursed lines, so stop. The fact is action speaks louder than words and agencies are all talk. By the way, I skipped agencies and started my own business. So unlike you, I have a clue, and I don't need you, you need business (that would be me.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

Ron, I agree exactly. They are like third party insurance administrators. Remember we people just paid for most doctors visits and only had insurance for major medical? Well insurance costs were much lower then.

Insurance has rised also because of law suits, but adding a THIRD PARTY never never reduces costs. It is impossible.

This idiot doesn't get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

To Recruiter:

Put money in people's pockets, food on people's tables, etc?

Please! What a joke! You know very well that you place perhaps what -- maybe 1% of ALL THE APPLICANTS that walk through your doors! The vast majority of the applicants walk away empty handed. Yet you keep encouraging them to call and e-mail and they are wasting their time. Have you read all the comments on this board yet?

Recruiters are deluding yourselves on providing a "free service." It's more like a "waste of time" for the majority of people and you know it.

Agencies such as Office Team, etc. put up multiple ads for ONE job and most of their ads are fake designed to lure unsuspecting applicants.

Then the recruiter receiving the resume looks to see what companies the person has worked at and the job titles, and then calls that company to get a new client.

Deceptive liars is what you are. Bottom feeders!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Anne in Denver, Colorado said: To Recruiter:

Put money in people's pockets, food on people's tables, etc?

Please! What a joke! You know very well that you place perhaps what -- maybe 1% of ALL THE APPLICANTS that walk through your doors! The vast majority of the applicants walk away empty handed. Yet you keep encouraging them to call and e-mail and they are wasting their time. Have you read all the comments on this board yet?

Recruiters are deluding yourselves on providing a "free service." It's more like a "waste of time" for the majority of people and you know it.

Agencies such as Office Team, etc. put up multiple ads for ONE job and most of their ads are fake designed to lure unsuspecting applicants.

Then the recruiter receiving the resume looks to see what companies the person has worked at and the job titles, and then calls that company to get a new client.

Deceptive liars is what you are. Bottom feeders!

Silly Anne you cannot have a client without placing an applicant....if we constantly recruited people and never placed them we wouldn't exist cause no profit would be made, so your point once again is ridiculous.....beleive whatever you want to beleive, and just don't use recruiters if you feel the way you do about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Ok, if these agencies were half as good as you say they would actually use more of the people who apply for work instead of constantly looking for new people. Fact is most people I know who ever applied to these agencies either never heard from them again or were only used once. The fact is agencies don't find people work, they typically only advertise to get information. By the way information is big business. That means if you con an employer into a contract, they have pay you reguardless of if they get a worker through you or not. So there is no incentive for you to find work for anyone Your incentive is only to get new employers to sign up. We all know it, we've experienced it, and we are not naive enough to fall for your rehursed lines, so stop. The fact is action speaks louder than words and agencies are all talk. By the way, I skipped agencies and started my own business. So unlike you, I have a clue, and I don't need you, you need business (that would be me.)

Ron and Anne,
If agencies are really doing this then you have the right to call the labor board and report every single agency who you feel practices business this way....I'm sure you will be dissapointed in your findings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Your kidding yourself. I've seen a few employers sign up with agencies only to regret it. I know the agency gets paid no matter where an employer gets a new rmployee from once a contract is in place. Once a person signs with an agency, if they get hired anywhere a contract is in place for the duration of a contract, the agency gets paid. Its like money in the bank for you, meanwhile the job seaker pays for it.

Also, the enployer gets stuck with outragous fees if they hire anyone. The reason only about 1% are placed is because an employer uses your services once or twice, then usually figures out the truth and waits until the contract ends to hire anybody. Also new businesses are started up every day so you always have a fresh supply of patsies to conveince your great for business.

As for reporting an agency to a labor board or anywhere, get a clue who is enforcing these laws, nobody!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Your kidding yourself. I've seen a few employers sign up with agencies only to regret it. I know the agency gets paid no matter where an employer gets a new rmployee from once a contract is in place. Once a person signs with an agency, if they get hired anywhere a contract is in place for the duration of a contract, the agency gets paid. Its like money in the bank for you, meanwhile the job seaker pays for it.

Also, the enployer gets stuck with outragous fees if they hire anyone. The reason only about 1% are placed is because an employer uses your services once or twice, then usually figures out the truth and waits until the contract ends to hire anybody. Also new businesses are started up every day so you always have a fresh supply of patsies to conveince your great for business.

As for reporting an agency to a labor board or anywhere, get a clue who is enforcing these laws, nobody!

Sorry, but once again you are wrong....Agencies, like I said before, unless they are on a retainer are not paid until the applicant starts, and in some cases after 10 days of the start date......and on temporary placements we do not bill until after the temp gets paid....sorry you have no case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sea shells in Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

Just came upon this forum and couldn't agree with all the complaints about these agencies. These recruiters are scum bags (seriously) the ones working at Robert Half and Accountemps look like recent graduates from rehap and still need rehabilitation. Their extremley unprofessional and dress in poor taste as well as smell like an ashtray. I've been to both agencies in my area (Boca and Palm Bch) and was seriously turned off by their used car salesperson attitude. I worked for an attorney and he got calls on a daily basis from these loser types trying to solicite new hires, everyday... I couldn't beleive the way these people actaully dressed to interview candidates, I was shocked... Most of them looked hung over like run over trash, and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 individuals.
An illiterate from a fast food joint has more professionalism then these desperate
and disgusting loser types. And I thought I needed a job, LOL. Your so much better off with the Sunday paper, corporate websites and word of mouth never fails.......Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Like I said lair, you make money either way. If an employer hires a temp from you they pay, extra to you. If a temp gets $10 an hour you bill much higher to company using the temp. if an appilcant goes elsewhere on their own, applies to a company, gets hired, and that company has a contract with you, you get paid.

All facts, for anyone who didn't read the fine print in the contract they signed if they found a job through you, its all spelled out in the contract. Usually such contracts say an applicant as to abide by the contract for something like a year.

In, fact if you read it, it covers you so you don't even have to find applicants jobs, they find one unwittingly on their own with any contracted company, you get paid. I'm sure most here have read your contracts and know what it says. So get lost, we know better.

Fact two, everytime you supposedly get a job position, you routinely don't consider applicants who are already on file. Instead you advertise for new applicants. You have a huge surplus of applicants you only fished for for their employers information. Why else would you want new applicants each time, and applicants you already have on file get ignored. Come on you expect us to beleive 99% of all applicants are not hireable anywhere. Grow up and stop the catch phrase games, you don't have a case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Ron in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Like I said lair, you make money either way. If an employer hires a temp from you they pay, extra to you. If a temp gets $10 an hour you bill much higher to company using the temp. if an appilcant goes elsewhere on their own, applies to a company, gets hired, and that company has a contract with you, you get paid.

All facts, for anyone who didn't read the fine print in the contract they signed if they found a job through you, its all spelled out in the contract. Usually such contracts say an applicant as to abide by the contract for something like a year.

In, fact if you read it, it covers you so you don't even have to find applicants jobs, they find one unwittingly on their own with any contracted company, you get paid. I'm sure most here have read your contracts and know what it says. So get lost, we know better.

Fact two, everytime you supposedly get a job position, you routinely don't consider applicants who are already on file. Instead you advertise for new applicants. You have a huge surplus of applicants you only fished for for their employers information. Why else would you want new applicants each time, and applicants you already have on file get ignored. Come on you expect us to beleive 99% of all applicants are not hireable anywhere. Grow up and stop the catch phrase games, you don't have a case.

Once again...you are wrong you can call me a liar all you want....I'm not debating this with you as it has proven to be useless and a waste of my valuable time. Think whatever you wish. Some people are just so arrogant they can't see a possibility other than what they want to see.....yes Ron you are that person....congrats! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: a recruiter and damn proud of it in Florida: "You are absolutely retarded, that is the only word I can use to accurately describe you at this point....like I said to Ann if all we did was gain clients and never place applicants at those clients, we would be out of business.....and you are completely false about the contract, ALL agencies who are not on a retainer actually have a clause in contracts that you only pay once the person starts work, and in many cases 10 days after...."

Several years ago, I went to a recruiter interview for a fee-paid position. At the end of the interview, the recruiter pushed a form at me. The form was a contract that would have bound me to pay her fee should her client terminate me. In other words, the recruiter would have been paid, no matter what, by her client or me. I did not sign the contract.

"I have to leave this forum I can't keep talking to the brain dead drudges of society."

Good riddance. If this discussion was such a waste of your "valuable" time, then why were you here. And why did you start calling people names. When someone calls names, it means that person cannot back his arguments with facts. When personal attacks begin, it's a sure sign

obviously you don't know how to read.....the recruiter you met with was on a retainer.....you were to pay them for a fee. HOWEVER like I have said over and over MOST agencies DO NOT get paid by the candidate, we get paid ONLY by the client, and that is ONLY when they hire someone....those are the kinds of agencies I work for. I would NEVER work for a company where the candidate was expected to pay, and I would never recommend them. Also, if you read their posts you would see that I was called a "liar" and a "waste of space"...try reading ALL of the comments before replying. And, yes my time is "valuable" and thats why I was getting sick of repeating myself over and OVER AGAIN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sea shells in Palm Beach, Florida

79 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional is right on it........

Don't even take the time to waste you breath or intelligence on the
the uneducated carsales person called the recruiter. Oh, I so can
tell the recruiters a miserably chick, LOL. I'm sorry I shouldn't poke fun at someone working as a fraud. I just came back to see some mudd slinging...

It's Ashe Wednesday I need to go to church, LOL. Seriously I'll pray for you loser recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.