Is OfficeTeam right for me?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

bkuk88 in brookline, Massachusetts

80 months ago

I am a college student (2nd year) who is looking for summer work. I read about a lot of people denouncing office team because of the 'bogus' assignments in which they are placed. Basically what I'm asking is: If I go through officeteam, regardless of the what they may have me do, will I get steady work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

74 months ago

You will not get steady work. Once an assignment is over, you will be back on the available list. The recruiters will wait until something comes in that matches your skill level and what you are capable of doing. Not everyone who goes in their doors is qualified to be an adminitrative assitant. Also, they don't get a lot of data entry work, mail clerk or even a filing clerk like their website said it does. They should close their doors forever or change their website. All bogus ads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lupe Gonzalez in Plano, Texas

70 months ago

No, you won't get steady work through temp agencies. And they won't tell you when your assignment will end, so you could wind up working one day, unemployed the next, with no forewarning of any kind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Moooo in San Francisco, California

65 months ago

It really depends. I've gotten steady work in SF and NYC through officeteam. The best thing to do is to sign up with SEVERAL staffing agencies and then call in once a week to whomever you report to, letting them know you're available for work. Depending on the cities, depending on the staffing agencies and depending on your skills, sometimes you get into the door and they will give you steady work, other times they'll never call you back. That is what has happened to me. You need to find the agency that works for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.