Omnicare News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Omnicare stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

scarecrow in Baltimore, Washington

29 months ago

I still work for Omnicare. It's not good. The pay isn't good either. It's good experience though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

scarecrow in Baltimore, Washington

29 months ago

I still work for Omnicare. It's not good. The pay isn't good either. It's good experience though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pops2007 in kingston, South Carolina

7 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Omnicare stack up against the competition?

Companies that do well and grow and prosper do so with the help of a dedicated, well compensated, well trained and happy workforce. After reading hundreds of reviews on several different sites, my impression of Omnicare is one of a company more interested in profit and bed count then in patient care and employee training and job satisfaction. Every job has it's good and bad but Omnicare seems to have an unusual amount of bad and it all shares the same theme: poor management, low pay, long hours, no incentives for good employees to stay.

My background is management both in manufacturing(30+ years) and Pharmacy(4+ years)and in my opinion, Omnicare is the worst company I have ever worked for. It has a lot of potential because it has some great Techs and Pharmacists working for it. But how long will the good ones stay.
Omnicare will always be great in terms of bed count and profits unfortunately is will remain mediocre in terms of patient care and employee satisfaction unless the corporate culture changes. Think of Omnicare as the Walmart of LTC!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.