What's the company culture at Panera Bread?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Panera Bread?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Panera Bread?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Kip in boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

The culture at the corporate offices are fairly cut-throat. The dress code is business casual to casual at a price. Salaried employees are expected to work 60-65 + hours per week. The company typically performs confidential searches to replace current employees. If you are lucky enough to hear about it from your network beforehand, you can make plans to get out before you are terminated. Most people I know who work there hate it, but are so beaten down, they don't think they can get another job.

In other words, stay away from this one!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

AReal Person in Yo Mama, Washington

74 months ago

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Beaten down is right! I'm bashed every day by management then told I can't transfer because they need me. There's a store a lot closer to my house hiring now, I've been there almost a year and they won't let me go. More gas, more energy, more money to do what....get treated like doggie poop. I love what I do, I love serving people, I am passionate about service and food but why do they have to call me names and treat me like this? MANAGEMENT!!! Its like - what - Guantanamo Bay??

Panera - hates environment, hates employees, hates to see someone succeed.

So sad - I love my job, just not my managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.