Interviews for nonexistent jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Bluester in River Forest, Illinois

91 months ago

Has anyone else encountered the situation of interviewing (multiple times) for the same job at Parsons and then being told of a reorg that's forced them to close the position without filling it? I am told to keep in touch, and continue to get responses, but the job keeps appearing and disappearing....Any thoughts on this???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

J in Columbus, Ohio

91 months ago

same story occurs with many big companies. they keep posting ads for same positions. want to know what is on their mind. HR guys just want their boss know ther are working hard?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bluester in River Forest, Illinois

91 months ago

It's one thing to solicit resumes, it's another to keep bringing people in for face-to-face meetings and then close the requisition after claiming reorg...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GTM in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

Tough break!

I would ask one of the more empathetic interviewers out to lunch and probe for off-the-record background. Could be they were going through the motions and already had an internal candidte.

Key to getting a job at Parsons is networking!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Saville in Wilmington, North Carolina

90 months ago

Parsons is worth the effort of GTM's comments.

My interview with Parsons in 2001 was essentially the last cold-call hire I've had. Since then, it has been about networking.
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

GTM said: Tough break!
I would ask one of the more empathetic interviewers out to lunch and probe for off-the-record background. Could be they were going through the motions and already had an internal candidte.
Key to getting a job at Parsons is networking!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T in Garden Grove, California

89 months ago

It keeps happening in California....and they end up making poor judgement as to who to hire. But they will realize soon as soon as the project goes south.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Girl at Parsons in Norcross, Georgia

88 months ago

From my understanding, the jobs open and close due to the client placing the projects on hold due to funding or other reasons. Its not a wonderful company to work for, but it is something for the time being. If you're not an Engineer and wanting to get into the door to move up, it will not happen! In order to really make it at parsons, you better have every degree on the planet and make sure that its in Engineering. There are some Project Management positions, but most positions are filled from within.

This is just my experience; may work out better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dragon. Ft. Lauderdale Fl. in Pompano Beach, Florida

87 months ago

I have worked for Parsons in the past, yes they are conservative
yes there is a good old boys network, yes they are military based
However look at their projects, many are military or government there for ex military [ no bad eggs ]and many are contract term projects
I enjoyed my time at Parsons and if the opportunity was there I would again.
Hard fast and to the point, but I had an outstanding manager very supportive and provided me the opportunity to look behind the ranks
Loved the company and the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Eddie Reize in Lawrenceville, Georgia

40 months ago

Girl at Parsons in Norcross, Georgia said: From my understanding, the jobs open and close due to the client placing the projects on hold due to funding or other reasons. Its not a wonderful company to work for, but it is something for the time being. If you're not an Engineer and wanting to get into the door to move up, it will not happen! In order to really make it at parsons, you better have every degree on the planet and make sure that its in Engineering. There are some Project Management positions, but most positions are filled from within.

This is just my experience; may work out better for you.

I worked in the Norcross office and found it to be a wonderful place. Parsons is an Engineering Company, therefore, it is only logical that the ones advancing are engineers. HR, payroll etc., are all done from other offices. I find the Civil Engineering department to be exceptional with great leadership.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.