What's the company culture at Parsons?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Parsons?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Parsons?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Austin, Texas

96 months ago

Parsosn is an old-school engineering and construction management firm. Dress code in the offices is shirt & tie, with coat preferred for men and dress / suits for women. Parsons has a strong Top-down management structure, and promotion is strongly evaluated by being a retired military officer with engineering degrees vs. everything else. I worked as a senior PM at Parsons for 4+ years and was told that I could not advance beyond that postion since I did not have a military office / engineering background. They have challenging projects and it can be an interesting place to work if one can survive the culture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Glendale, California

93 months ago

I worked at Parsons for 16 years (including the last 10 for Perot Systems, its IT outsource partner). It's definitely a conservative environment where the ex-military employee is king. Very hierarchical. I got my first job by simply writing to the IS Manager, introducing myself and sending my resume. It so happened he needed staff (lucky, I guess). The location is ideal -- Old Town Pasadena. To get ahead at Parsons, you must be aligned with the "rich and powerful" or be extremely brilliant at one needed function (e.g., engineering patent-holder). Very hard to break into the "good ole boy" network. The work is not hard, but the pace and volume make it a very demanding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Betty-San Diego, in Santee, California

89 months ago

Anonymous in Glendale, California said: I worked at Parsons for 16 years (including the last 10 for Perot Systems, its IT outsource partner). It's definitely a conservative environment where the ex-military employee is king. Very hierarchical. I got my first job by simply writing to the IS Manager, introducing myself and sending my resume. It so happened he needed staff (lucky, I guess). The location is ideal -- Old Town Pasadena. To get ahead at Parsons, you must be aligned with the "rich and powerful" or be extremely brilliant at one needed function (e.g., engineering patent-holder). Very hard to break into the "good ole boy" network. The work is not hard, but the pace and volume make it a very demanding job.

Of all places.. Los Angeles...you will find a good ole boys club, and military at that! It sounds like SAIC, and Booz-Allen, all military based, personnally they all lack business sense, all they know is military structure and that isn't necessarily what will bring in the big bucks. Unless, of course, you rely on g'ment contracts.
Old town Pasadena IS old money (rich & powerful) and its elite, not a place I'd want to work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eddie Reize in Lawrenceville, Georgia

45 months ago

Parsons is an international company with many offices and cultures. I worked in the New york office where ties and long sleeve shirts was the norm. I later moved to Georgia where everyone dressed casual. Parsons is an employee own business with great benefits. Someone commented, "they all lack business sense" well, in 2000 their shares were worth 23 dollars today it's 69 dollars not bad if you are a full vested Parsons employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.