Job postings

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Jane

88 months ago

This company consistantly posts for positions over and over. I have yet to know anyone that gets a call and they have loads of experience.
What are they looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

been there tried that.... in York, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

i guess just like all the other jobs we've(you, me and all other people )who applied i guess our qualifications just don't meet there's????? hmmm can't type with a sarcastic tone@!%#@%$* !!!

Sure would like a great part-time job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

T in Lansing, Michigan

88 months ago

I recently applied for a position they had posted on their website. I then went to the store and dropped off a resume. From there, I got an interview and was hired the same day! Determination, experience, and a winning personality should get you ANY job you REALLY WANT! I am in michigan and jobs are supposedly scarce- yet I found over 700 jobs in ONE area! Why all the UNEMPLOYMENT then????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John in Cincinnati, Ohio

83 months ago

Nice job T. Persistence pays. People who have never posted an employment ad on a website might be shocked to know that there are a LOT of qualified candidates who send in resumes for open positions. However, if I scheduled 15 interviews in one day and found 1 or 2 people from those that I liked, then I would not respond to any further submissions, leaving possibly hundreds of well-qualified people left in the dark. Realize that it is a timing issue and what stands out about resumes and coverletters that gets people hired. My advice is to examine your resumes and coverletters to see how they compare to others. And do not get discouraged.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay in memphis tn

83 months ago

I filled out an application online for petco and got a call back 2 days later. I have an interview tomorrow, hope i get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkdice in Orange, California

64 months ago

A few months ago I applied at various Petco's & Petmarts and never got a call back. I have 5+ yrs experience in retail, and 3 of that is in a pet store.

However, I applied at another Petco location yesterday, got a call today, and have an interview tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roy Emerson in Albany, New York

40 months ago

I applied online for a management position and rec'd a phone call I believe two or three days later from the local stores GM asking me when it would be best for me to come in for an interview. I went in and interviewed with the Asst Mgr and also interviewed with the GM. Today I was told over the phone that I have one more interview with a gentleman manager from another location, but she told me that she really wants to hire me, told me the pay, asked if I had any other offers I was considering, asked if I was still interested in the position, and gave me a day and time that I would hear from her no later than. The interview process was a ton of fun and we mostly laughed throughout the entire process. I look forward to moving forward with Petco in the very near future!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jess in Alexandria, Virginia

14 months ago

T in Lansing, Michigan said: I recently applied for a position they had posted on their website. I then went to the store and dropped off a resume. From there, I got an interview and was hired the same day! Determination, experience, and a winning personality should get you ANY job you REALLY WANT! I am in michigan and jobs are supposedly scarce- yet I found over 700 jobs in ONE area! Why all the UNEMPLOYMENT then????

I just put in an application and showed up the next day charismatically, got the interview and job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

It is me in Bourbonnais, Illinois

5 months ago

Don't be discouraged. I filled out an on-line app as per the store manager and never heard a thing. I went back to the store with a newly revised resume and cover letter and got a call within days. The manager explained that she received so many on line applications she was overwhelmed and preferred that I had left my resume there. The benefits of online applications are many, but with the glut of qualified unemployed the hiring personal must have hours of free time to go through the many apps that are received.

This goes for any job, be prepared, update, update, and did I mention:
UPDATE your resumes and cover letters.

LOOK PROFESSIONAL, never assume that even the most casual of jobs look at how you are dressed.

BE PREPARED-There is a website that has a outline to print off for a job interview- it is most helpful to fill out and take with you. You fill it out and you will not be stumbling over yourself when asked "those" typical interview questions, PLUS, it makes you look organized and prepared. I have received many compliments on just this one item.

I also want to add, when I applied a year or two ago for Panera, they had many job postings on-line for the café I was looking at. The manager that interviewed me stated he had no clue why these posting were there as it was a fairly new café and they had all the managers, shift leads, and bakers they needed, yet the posting remained for months.
My point in relating this is that if there is a job you want, go to the actual business and check on it yourself...of course doing all of the afore mentioned suggestions first!

Good Luck, and go get that job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.