training dogs. It is my Biggest passion .

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Peggy Stuckey in Las Vegas, Nevada

27 months ago

I have already applied more than once at several petcos im my area but cant get a call to be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

xnmmi in Lancaster, California

27 months ago

You need to be a trained/certified dog trainer, are you? My wife did the Petco trainer gig for a while AFTER she got her group trainer certification, have you done that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

grammahoney1@yahoo.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

27 months ago

xnmmi in Lancaster, California said: You need to be a trained/certified dog trainer, are you? My wife did the Petco trainer gig for a while AFTER she got her group trainer certification, have you done that?

no but thats what there hiring for is training to get certified

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

grammahoney1@yahoo.com in Las Vegas, Nevada

27 months ago

There should be a job website that doesnt charge you for a resume, AND YOU DONT KNOW IT UNTIL YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THE ENTIRE RESUME THEN THEY WANT 4.95 I dONT THINK PAYING SOMEONE FOR MY INFORMATION IS PROPER ITS ALL PERSONAL. Why dont they have job sights that follow up with the people that have used them over end over and maybe call the employer there trying to reach. Employers dont even look at the resume . or even the application on line its all a waste of time and effort and yet you dont get a job and you have paid 4.95 for what its just wrong!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

xnmmi in Lancaster, California

27 months ago

grammahoney1@yahoo.com in Las Vegas, Nevada said: no but thats what there hiring for is training to get certified

well good for you there g-ma cuz here in the real world of cali, they had to be certified and a member of the iacp before they got hired on as only a dog trainer...my wife was never a cashier or a petco employee, she was an independent contractor because that's who they hired...but I can see how the cashier/dog trainer would be the way to go for them- would never allow my dog to get trained by the cashier, however.

Pre-Vet Proffessional in Tiverton, Rhode Island

17 months ago

So, I worked for Petco for 7 years and everything completely depends on your store manager.
You get loads of PTO and the experience of working alongside animals however during my employment I had 3 different stores and assistant/GM pairings over a period of time;

1) made sure you got all your PTO, took care of all the animals and I never heard her complain about "losing her bonus" to animal care. everyone got along and would go out for drinks. live and let live.

2) one manager was the same, unfortunately her assistant caused a high turnover beginning the first month of her being there; workplace harassment was rampant and PTO payments and scheduling would disappear. she even called me while i was being sedated for surgery to see if I would work on my PTO...

3) just all around awful, both were like my second encounter to the Nth degree if you can imagine it any worse. I'd get chased around and coerced to quit because my second job in healthcare meant I couldn't close and that didn't meet her liking even though I was still bringing in the most commission of my department and doing all my duties faithfully

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.