Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Naomi Rainsdon in Twin Falls, Idaho

95 months ago

I would love to work at PetCo but I cant seem to get past to the application part. I live in Twin falls for school and need a part time job. I have worked retail at macys before and I can provide professional and excellent customer service. I would love to know more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

cara stephens in Walterboro, South Carolina

90 months ago

i would really like to know where you can get applications from, because i want to try to get a job here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Rachie in Middle Island, New York

87 months ago

How old do you have to be in order to work at Petco?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

lauren in Ventura, California

87 months ago

i believe you have to be 18 to work there, but it may be 16. i dont remember anyone under 18 who worked at my store. ylou have to apply online. they do not do in person applications anymore. be prepared to fill it out for a while, it takes like a half hour to do. once you submit it, call the store you applied at the next day and talk to the store manager. tell him/her you applied online and wanted to know if got through, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shantell robinson in Dumfries, Virginia

82 months ago

i like going to petco for all my animals toys food what ever else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ncs in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

lauren in Ventura, California said: i believe you have to be 18 to work there, but it may be 16. i dont remember anyone under 18 who worked at my store. ylou have to apply online. they do not do in person applications anymore. be prepared to fill it out for a while, it takes like a half hour to do. once you submit it, call the store you applied at the next day and talk to the store manager. tell him/her you applied online and wanted to know if got through, etc.

Yes you have to be 18.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hazelpoe in Vacaville, California

80 months ago

Naomi Rainsdon in Twin Falls, Idaho said: I would love to work at PetCo but I cant seem to get past to the application part. I live in Twin falls for school and need a part time job. I have worked retail at macys before and I can provide professional and excellent customer service. I would love to know more!

I once applied to Petco under a state retraining program. I went in to apply for the application with another member of the retraining group who had severe back problems. She got the job but I was told that I failed the "personality test"- one of those computerized tests that can make or break your interview and/or experience. These tests confound me, as I try to be as honest and consistent as possible. Eventually I got the job (due to the program director's pressure) but quit because I got a better paying job elsewhere. It is extremely physical work.

I enjoyed working as a pet food demonstrator for Nutro products, though. Giving away free samples and doing light selling for 4 hours in pet stores was fun.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jen kim in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

that is not true. it's 16.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jen kim in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

ncs in Dallas, Texas said: Yes you have to be 18.

thats not true. its 16!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

smfrye1024 in minooka, Illinois

76 months ago

Naomi Rainsdon in Twin Falls, Idaho said: I would love to work at PetCo but I cant seem to get past to the application part. I live in Twin falls for school and need a part time job. I have worked retail at macys before and I can provide professional and excellent customer service. I would love to know more!

go in the store ask to speak to a manager tell them you would love an application to fill out because you are having problems online , i'm sure they would help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

hkverde in Los Angeles, California

64 months ago

They've got some sort of bug in their online system. I've tried multiple times with multiple browsers, and keep getting an "invalid session" message. I finally contacted them and they advised me to go to the individual store I wanted to apply to and get a hard copy application. Would be nice if they would just fix the bug. Doesn't make them look very good!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

la rosa in nb, New Jersey

64 months ago

Are there any petco groomers in new jersey on this forum. I am thinking of a grooming postion there. I've been at private grooming shops and I am tired of unpaid vacation ,no sick days, no beniefits etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Marie B in Bridgeville, Delaware

31 months ago

hkverde in Los Angeles, California said: They've got some sort of bug in their online system. I've tried multiple times with multiple browsers, and keep getting an "invalid session" message. I finally contacted them and they advised me to go to the individual store I wanted to apply to and get a hard copy application. Would be nice if they would just fix the bug. Doesn't make them look very good!

Here's a tip, have you tried going to Indeed.com? It worked for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.