PetSmart Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at PetSmart?

What do you like best about working at PetSmart? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Quintes Matthews in Columbus, Georgia

103 months ago

What are the Benefits of PetSmart?

How did Petsmart get started?

Is PetSmart doing well?

Why should a person work for PetSmart?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (162) / No (54) Reply - Report abuse

Salaries at petsmart in Schooleys Mountain, New Jersey

97 months ago

If you are looking for a little bit higher of a job opening such as an assistant manager or product manager at pet smart they start you roughly from $12.75-$16.00 an hour plus yearly raises and bonuses. So if you want higher than a regular employee and not all the responsibility of a manger and looking to make 32-37k a year. This would be a good solution.

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

pbmax in Nicholasville, Kentucky

96 months ago

Hi,
Could anyone tell me how to score an interview at PetSmart. I applied for a store manager position posted on monster.com. I have over eight years retail experience, with 3 in management. I meet all of the miniumum requirements for the position but need to know how to get that interview! The online application is somewhat generic and doesn't even leave room for a cover letter. I'm trying to find out who i can contact directly to get that extra edge in. The employee i spoke at the store, was hesitant to give me a district manager name or contact. Is that the position directly above Store Manager. Thanks guys! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

beefsteak in No Where, California

90 months ago

(continued from above post)

Learn to drive a fork lift and you can get a pay increase (five cents yay!) The Presentation and/or Pet Products Manager usually head this department.

And last but certainly not least MY department. Pet Care. This department is responsible for ALL of the animals in the store. Fish, birds, reptiles, small animals....you do it all. Daily tasks include feeding all of the animals, cleaning cages, medicating sick animals, scrubbing tanks, selling animals and answering any and all question customers may have about them. This department can be a real eye opener for a lot of new employees expecting to come into the department and cuddle with animals all day. The realities of life and death are harsh and are played out at PetSmart on a daily basis. Expect to deal with many MANY sick animals and see many, MANY deaths. It really can be quite depressing. While PetSmart may not be the worst pet store in the world, there is need for GREAT improvement in how they breed and transport their animals.
Oh and think you know a lot about animals? Think again. Your knowledge will be put to the ultimate test in this department and if you happen to be one of the few who truly do care and seek out knowledge and actually DO know what you are talking about, you'll be greatly UNDER APPRECIATED both by the customers and your fellow employees.

Bottom line, if you're a true animal lover, I'd stay away unless you think you can really handle seeing them die on a daily basis and at times go without treatment. If you're just looking for a part-time job to make some quick chump change, this place is for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (106) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

juflier10 in Silver Spring, Maryland

88 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at PetSmart?

What do you like best about working at PetSmart? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

As for salaries, it really depends on the specific store you are working for. Some stores may really need the extra help, and therefore up the pay a bit. The average pay is between $7 and $8 an hour for newbies (cashiers, pet care, stockers). But it's all up to the operation's manager that hires you, the more skill you have, the higher you'll be paid probably.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Hoboken, New Jersey

54 months ago

Admor in Santa Cruz, California said: The bather's pay varies with whatever is the local rate -- usually minimum wage. They may/may not share in any tips. There is usually one or two bathers and they work behind the scenes -- not where the public can see you.

Do they receive benefits medical and 401k like all the other job positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

idowhatiwant in Corpus Christi, Texas

10 months ago

beefsteak in No Where, California said: (continued from above post)
And last but certainly not least MY department. Pet Care. This department is responsible for ALL of the animals in the store. Fish, birds, reptiles, small animals....you do it all. Daily tasks include feeding all of the animals, cleaning cages, medicating sick animals, scrubbing tanks, selling animals and answering any and all question customers may have about them. This department can be a real eye opener for a lot of new employees expecting to come into the department and cuddle with animals all day. The realities of life and death are harsh and are played out at PetSmart on a daily basis. Expect to deal with many MANY sick animals and see many, MANY deaths. It really can be quite depressing. While PetSmart may not be the worst pet store in the world, there is need for GREAT improvement in how they breed and transport their animals.
Oh and think you know a lot about animals? Think again. Your knowledge will be put to the ultimate test in this department and if you happen to be one of the few who truly do care and seek out knowledge and actually DO know what you are talking about, you'll be greatly UNDER APPRECIATED both by the customers and your fellow employees.

Bottom line, if you're a true animal lover, I'd stay away unless you think you can really handle seeing them die on a daily basis and at times go without treatment. If you're just looking for a part-time job to make some quick chump change, this place is for you.

You are very wrong my friend. I work in the grooming salon and in the salon we only have people that applied for that position back there. We don't get any type of help or other people from other departments back there at all. And as far as the Pet Care department goes. Pet Smart does not breed or transport their animals. They buy them from a seller and that seller transports them and breeds them. And end rant. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.