How do you become a groomer for Petsmart?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

poshknits in Pennsylvania

66 months ago

Hi,

I was wondering what all is involved in becoming a Petsmart groomer? What do you have to do first? Do you have to become a washer first or can you wash and attend grooming school at the same time? Does anyone have any advice??

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

groommgr in New York

66 months ago

You have to be a bather for 6 months before they will send you to grooming academy. (I've seen it done earlier than that when the person has some prior experience). And that is only if the salon manager and store manager feel you have what it takes. That means being able to handle difficult dogs, following P&P's (policies and procedures), and being reliable. You need to show an interest in grooming and the ability to learn.
It's a great program they have and can be a great career.
Good luck! Hope you do well!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Igzamera in Illinois

57 months ago

Just wondering, when you're sent to an academy thats pretty far from your store, and the company puts you in a hotel for the month, what kind of hotel do they usually use? It's not some sort of run down cheap place is it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

groommgr in New York

57 months ago

Igzamera in Illinois said: Just wondering, when you're sent to an academy thats pretty far from your store, and the company puts you in a hotel for the month, what kind of hotel do they usually use? It's not some sort of run down cheap place is it?

I was sent for mgr training and put up in a roach hotel. I moved to a nicer place and used my own credit card. When I told the training mgr, he told me to give the hotel my PS card and have it switched over. It worked and all was fine. The groomers in training I had all said the hotels they were put in were fine. If you end up in a roach hotel, make sure you let them know you refuse to stay there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.