private to corp

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

topgun in Edison, New Jersey

67 months ago

I now work in a private shop. We are very busy. The problem is with the owners, it is a husband and wife. The husband is always making inapproate comments , and the wife just laughs it off. Corp is looking better every day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

groommgr in New York

66 months ago

I agree! I worked in small shops too and they owners were not nice! They take advantage, rip you off and even keep tips! So I went to PetSmart and what a wonderful decision that was for me. They are a corp- can be a pain in some ways- but I know my pay was correct, I was respected, given opportunities to advance, paid for training, and if there was a problem I always had recourse. There is no such thing when you are working for the owner of a small shop!
Try it out and see if it is what you are looking for. It changed me from having a job that was dead end with no benefits or vacation to having a real career.
Good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

zaritsa43 in Batavia, Ohio

46 months ago

don't. I also came from a private salon, and now I have gone back. The year and a half I worked in corporate was a joke. When I was treated horribly by my second salon manager, nothing was done about it. I was their pride and joy groomer, went to and placed in grooming competitions while I worked there, brought in the highest commissions on a weekly basis due to the multitude of requests for me to groom dogs, and I got treated like crap because this manager saw me as a threat. Just going to a corporate situation is NOT going to get you out of working with bad people, TRUST ME. You are best off to do your homework and get to know the people you may work with FIRST instead of thinking a corporate option is going to be better. It's not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.