Petsmart Hiring Procedure

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

doglady in Michigan

67 months ago

Petsmart can't MAKE you work for them! If you are more interested in Petsmart than the other company, I would probably just let them know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

callikatie in Knoxville, Tennessee

67 months ago

I have filled out an application with Petsmart twice online and have not received a reply. I tried to apply at the actual store recently and the manager said I had to do it online. Is there any other way to get an interview? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

thedogtrainerlady in Texas

67 months ago

Actually, that isthe only way. I think that the apps are screened by corp and only a few are forwarded to the stores. If you know anyone there, keep going in to the store and just make yourself known witout being a pest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

yoFace78 in Maywood, Illinois

65 months ago

I filled out Petsmart application online they called couple days later. They want me to come into store but this is not for an interview. She said it will only be about 30 minutes (what is the reasoning for this)? I really want this job and want to make a great impression any suggestions would help!

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

babyc in Springfield, Virginia

59 months ago

I was actually wondering about the interview, i went for one today at PetSmart. They seem to have really liked me, but told me they will be contacting me for a second interview... is this normal or does that mean i'm not getting the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Retalos_Ferocious in Mystic, Connecticut

58 months ago

Does anyone have any information to add in actually making it through the interview? Or what qualifications they really look for to hire? Over the years I've applied at numerous Petsmart locations and not one of them ever offered me an interview. Now, if I had never worked in customer service or run a register I might be able to understand this, but I have over 8 years of register/customer service related work and never have I been interviewed for this company. I have all this experience and managed to get hired recently at Panera Bread Co. but not ever a Petsmart. What gives? I am totally an animal fanatic and would die to get a job in a place like this where they come in often. Any suggestions for the future? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in Marietta, Georgia

58 months ago

All aps are gone through on an as needed basis. Check the hiring board in the front of the store and make sure you are applying for a position they are hiring for at that particular store. If they are not hiring for a cashier at the store and that is the position you apply for probably no one will view your resume. (very possible. We haven't hired a cashier in ages because ours are awesome!)

Also, if you have very open availability you are more likely to get called.

We all love animals, but retail requires crazy hours and hard work. Don't expect love for animals to be a qualifier in any way. 99.9% of people who apply to PetSmart love animals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Retalos_Ferocious in Mystic, Connecticut

58 months ago

Yeah, unfortunately loving the grounds of your job description is not necessary to work in a place.. But on the rest of the subject, I think either the company hires pushovers who are too lazy to leave (not likely) or the company is excellent to work for because almost NO petsmarts hire. lol. Or at least haven't called me. I have more than 8 years of customer service, retail and cashier operating experience; actually, it seems to be the ONLY type of job I ever get which works out in the end because they're great jobs. I do wish that people who shop there had some sort of favoritism benefits when hiring though because I usually spend almost half of my income there! Lol! Well, maybe in the future I'll get hired in one.. for now I'll be content with Panera. :D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

thewests01@att.net in Sunnyvale, California

20 months ago

callikatie in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I have filled out an application with Petsmart twice online and have not received a reply. I tried to apply at the actual store recently and the manager said I had to do it online. Is there any other way to get an interview? Thanks!

The same thing has happened to me. I went in the store, talked to the manager and he took my name, said he would find my app. and give me a call but he never did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Spanielmom in Caledonia, Michigan

10 months ago

callikatie in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I have filled out an application with Petsmart twice online and have not received a reply. I tried to apply at the actual store recently and the manager said I had to do it online. Is there any other way to get an interview? Thanks!

I applied there five times in the past year. Finally get an interview. IF you really want the job/work there, don't loose hope!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Albany, New York

5 months ago

After applying 2 years in a row, I got an interview. I'm so excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie Rodarte in Pasadena, California

2 months ago

I applied for morning stocking but then I said I can work at 3pm now what

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.