Petsmart corporate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Private in Waleska, Georgia

87 months ago

I interviewed with Petsmart with Sr Management for a higher level corporate role. Seemed like good people but someting was weird. Very quiet thru the whole building for a Friday. The SVP of replenishment didn't seem interested in being with the company. His online profile is very strange as well. He worked for Gap in a Sr role but left to go to a massage chair company and back to retail? He couldn't sit still either. Kept adjusting himself and acted all squirmy. Not very professional. Everyone else I met seemed fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BDW in Cleveland, Ohio

86 months ago

Private in Waleska, Georgia said: I interviewed with Petsmart with Sr Management for a higher level corporate role. Seemed like good people but someting was weird. Very quiet thru the whole building for a Friday. The SVP of replenishment didn't seem interested in being with the company. His online profile is very strange as well. He worked for Gap in a Sr role but left to go to a massage chair company and back to retail? He couldn't sit still either. Kept adjusting himself and acted all squirmy. Not very professional. Everyone else I met seemed fine.

Did you take the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beatrice in Saint Paul, Minnesota

74 months ago

I have an interview coming up... on my schedule it says "Assessment" for 90 minutes. What is that all about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beatrice in Saint Paul, Minnesota

74 months ago

Private in Waleska, Georgia said: I interviewed with Petsmart with Sr Management for a higher level corporate role. Seemed like good people but someting was weird. Very quiet thru the whole building for a Friday. The SVP of replenishment didn't seem interested in being with the company. His online profile is very strange as well. He worked for Gap in a Sr role but left to go to a massage chair company and back to retail? He couldn't sit still either. Kept adjusting himself and acted all squirmy. Not very professional. Everyone else I met seemed fine.

I have an interview coming up... on my schedule it says "Assessment" for 90 minutes. What is that all about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Private in Phoenix, Arizona

73 months ago

Beatrice in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I have an interview coming up... on my schedule it says "Assessment" for 90 minutes. What is that all about?

PetsFart is a dead end. Its very hierarchial and micro management is a norm. I'm interested in 2Q results. Lousy financials, and I'd be careful approaching the door. No bonus, no reason to stay another half year.

PetsFart has a high churn rate. The departure rate is higher than your normal corporate headquarters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

rosco jenkins in Scottsdale, Arizona

64 months ago

Private in Phoenix, Arizona said: PetsFart is a dead end. Its very hierarchial and micro management is a norm. I'm interested in 2Q results. Lousy financials, and I'd be careful approaching the door. No bonus, no reason to stay another half year.

PetsFart has a high churn rate. The departure rate is higher than your normal corporate headquarters.

This company should go under with thier high churn rate and thier lack of good management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Radarwarrior

36 months ago

Wow, I cannot express enough that the best thing is to try for yourself and make your own opinions. Not everyone is made for the world they have created in Petsmart. But as a retail giant, what once started out as a sincere means to help pet owners and pets turned quickly into a WOW LOOK AT ALL THAT MONEY!! But seriously from experience I can say that SSG/CSG could care less about the non-butt kissers and bend over for those who they kiss up to! Typical I know. From DMs to Executives there is a hidden agenda here and a very phoney frontage. I am glad its over for me by choice and they can do without my following etc. I support local not corporate foreign giants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

winniecooper in Arizona

36 months ago

Radarwarrior said: Wow, I cannot express enough that the best thing is to try for yourself and make your own opinions. Not everyone is made for the world they have created in Petsmart. But as a retail giant, what once started out as a sincere means to help pet owners and pets turned quickly into a WOW LOOK AT ALL THAT MONEY!! But seriously from experience I can say that SSG/CSG could care less about the non-butt kissers and bend over for those who they kiss up to! Typical I know. From DMs to Executives there is a hidden agenda here and a very phoney frontage. I am glad its over for me by choice and they can do without my following etc. I support local not corporate foreign giants.

I have been at PS for over 6 Mths , I have been grooming for 4 years. Our salon is run by a manager who only cares about grooming 8 to 10 dogs a day, P&P is hardly ever applied only when the store manager micro manages. The salon manager turns out bad grooms but it is over looked because of the money. Its a mess!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in Marietta, Georgia

36 months ago

This varys greatly from district to district and even from store to store. Fortunately, I not only have had the great fortune of working with store directors who are passionate about pets and concerned about safety, but also have a great D.M. and regional L.P./safety person. (I bet if you looked at the scorecards for all the districts, you would know where I am!) All put the safety and well being of the pets and people as the highest priority, followed closely by customer satisfaction. On a rare occassion we will do a not so beautiful groom on a badly matted dog because we are more concerned about the health of the pet and it is not always possible for them to be anything other than shaved, safely....however, that is definately not the norm. It is rare that we have anything less than 100% salon OSAT. In fact, my D.M. has given us the option to not groom cats at all, even though there is money in it, because it is not the best environment for them and not worth the stress and danger to the groomers or cats. Luckily, we have a banfield who does groom cats and refer all there! That being said, there is definately pressue to make plan. Sometimes it is better to add a groomer than to push groomers to the point of being unsafe....however, the more good grooms that you can do safely, the more money in your pocket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.