I dont want to be a petsmart groomer anymore

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

iheartdoggys in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

32 months ago

I recently became a Petsmart groomer and i feel like i have made a mistake..the job is very stressful to me and is causing me to have panic attacks at work and severe anxiety...sometimes i even found myself in the bathroom crying...I recently started seeing a therapist through the EAP and now i am on medication..I know i signed a 2 year contract but i just don't think i mentally can handle it anymore...Someday's i don't think i can even get out of bed...would it be possible to go down to part time maybe just one day a week?..i don't wanna walk out of a two year contract and I don't have 4 grand lying around either....I just didnt realize what i was getting myself into..I dont wanna talk to my managers or DM...I would rather run over my foot or stab myself with my thinning shears..if its not about OSATS, then it doesn't matter to them...ugggh..any advice would be much appreciated..thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jim Kelley in Phoenix, Arizona

32 months ago

Hi,

My name is Jim Kelley, and I am the Regional Human Resources Manager for your vicinity. If you would like to discuss your situation confidentially, I can be reached via the phone numbers on the open door poster in your breakroom or via email at JKelley@ssg.petsmart.com . I am more than happy to help you. Thanks, -Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RLizG in PETSMART! HOORAY!

31 months ago

You should call Jim! :) PetSmart has awesome Regional Human Resourses Managers! No joke. I hope you have called him already.

If you are uncomfortable with that, then talk to your salon manager or any other manager in the store.

More likely than not you can take personal leave or tranfer stores. No one at PetSmart likes for employees to be miserable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

xp in Fairborn, Ohio

20 months ago

honestly don't worry about it. there are bigger things to worry about than that. if you put them on the spot by talking to them you may piss them off too... as well as a dog that does have "proof" of rabies isn't so bad trust me i've been working on my own as a groomer and the fact that it is really rare for a dog to get rabies i don't ask for them. the only thing i would worry about is if the manager set you up. then again he'd be in trouble too... but like i said just don't worry about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

xp in Fairborn, Ohio

20 months ago

Jim Kelley in Phoenix, Arizona said: Hi,

My name is Jim Kelley, and I am the Regional Human Resources Manager for your vicinity. If you would like to discuss your situation confidentially, I can be reached via the phone numbers on the open door poster in your breakroom or via email at JKelley@ssg.petsmart.com . I am more than happy to help you. Thanks, -Jim

this would be a mistake to do so...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.