What's the company culture at Preferred Therapy Services?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Preferred Therapy Services?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Preferred Therapy Services?

Reply - Report abuse

jg073

26 months ago

I think this company would be better if the CFO would stop and think before treating someone rudely " Would I treat one of my favorites like that?" For example leaving someone stranded at Movie Tavern with no ride and then hanging up in her face, ignoring emails when someone has died and then bragging about how you helped someone else to throw it in their face, writing some stupid story and insulting someone about their appearance (sexual harassment). If the answer is no, then don't do it to someone else either!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

jg073 in Arlington, Texas

26 months ago

These people think that just because they have money they can call someone riffraff and white trash and then threaten that person on their friend's behalf (employee yeah right). Sorry it doesn't work like that!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jg073 in Arlington, Texas

25 months ago

One of the speech therapy assistants misrepresents herself as a speech pathologist which she is not! The company allows this, not to mention let her get away with other stuff. She also acted like a spoiled and threatened to go to another company and they paid her even more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dz0806 in HURST, Texas

25 months ago

The people who run this company made it very clear that I was just there to make them money. I was treated like I was inferior to everyone else from day one. I couldn't even ask a question without getting my head bit off. I was never welcome and I would get invited to social functions just so they could have someone to put down and put in a pissing contest with one of their friends in the group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

AAA_AAA in Florida

20 months ago

The CFO of this company referred to me as a "loose cannon" just because I complained when he bad mouthed me to his friend/employee after needing to leave a meeting sick, which I was not even getting paid to attend. He is the one who flies off the handle and calls the hostess of a restaurant a b!+€% on a "business trip" because he had to wait to be seated. Okay talk about unstable. You think I really want to work for someone like that?! This is not to mention all of the other hateful and discriminatory remarks him and his partner have made about me. One time as we were standing in line to submit paperwork (so silly right), the CEO says to his friend who was standing next to me "Why don't you two get in a fight? I will go get the video camera". This is just one example of bullying and harassment I endured while working for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AAA_AAA in Florida

18 months ago

jg073 in Arlington, Texas said: One of the speech therapy assistants misrepresents herself as a speech pathologist which she is not! The company allows this, not to mention let her get away with other stuff. She also acted like a spoiled and threatened to go to another company and they paid her even more.

Yeah and I heard this person was pregnant now. I hope they lose a ton of money when she is unable to do her 58 visits a week that everyone has to constantly hear about. Like we had to hear about her cancer and how much she has to pay for insurance. If her cancer was really as bad as they dramatized she would not even be able to get pregnant. Geez at least they offered her insurance. Nobody cares what she has to pay since she gets $55/a visit and is just a speech therapy assistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AAA_AAA in Florida

18 months ago

The two owners of this company are an example of people who have money, but no class. The CFO is the tackiest person and needs to seriously learn business etiquette and professionalism. Talking about one employee to another because he is too much of a coward and making someone so uncomfortable that they go out of their way to avoid does not make him better than someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AAA_AAA in Florida

18 months ago

jg073 said: I think this company would be better if the CFO would stop and think before treating someone rudely " Would I treat one of my favorites like that?" For example leaving someone stranded at Movie Tavern with no ride and then hanging up in her face, ignoring emails when someone has died and then bragging about how you helped someone else to throw it in their face, writing some stupid story and insulting someone about their appearance (sexual harassment). If the answer is no, then don't do it to someone else either!!!

yep I can't stand him rude rude rude

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

AAA_AAA in Florida

18 months ago

jg073 said: I think this company would be better if the CFO would stop and think before treating someone rudely " Would I treat one of my favorites like that?" For example leaving someone stranded at Movie Tavern with no ride and then hanging up in her face, ignoring emails when someone has died and then bragging about how you helped someone else to throw it in their face, writing some stupid story and insulting someone about their appearance (sexual harassment). If the answer is no, then don't do it to someone else either!!!

Yeah they can bombard me with emails when someone's relative has died or accommodate her religious beliefs. Then go on and on making me listen to them talk about someone's dead grandpa for a MONTH, let her back date visit notes, and give her a prize. I can't even get a response to an email when I had someone die. I guess that is why she still works there and they ran me off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Fort Worth, Texas

17 months ago

AAA_AAA in Florida said: Yeah they can bombard me with emails when someone's relative has died or accommodate her religious beliefs. Then go on and on making me listen to them talk about someone's dead grandpa for a MONTH, let her back date visit notes, and give her a prize. I can't even get a response to an email when I had someone die. I guess that is why she still works there and they ran me off.

By the way I love what these people consider "quality".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas

17 months ago

AAA_AAA in Florida said: Yeah and I heard this person was pregnant now. I hope they lose a ton of money when she is unable to do her 58 visits a week that everyone has to constantly hear about. Like we had to hear about her cancer and how much she has to pay for insurance . If her cancer was really as bad as they dramatized she would not even be able to get pregnant. Geez at least they offered her insurance. Nobody cares what she has to pay since she gets $55/a visit and is just a speech therapy assistant .

One time this therapist had a client die who she probably hadn't even began treating yet or probably should not have even qualified to receive therapy in the first place. This was so stupid the CFO stands in the meeting that they offered to pay for counseling for her. That is the most ridiculous thing!! Where do you draw the professional line. If she can't handle it, then she shouldn't be working. It's not like it was her own child. Also he said she jumped through hoops to help pay for the funeral. Yeah right they probably just gave her the money. I don't understand why they always cater to this person like she is better than everyone else. Something else must be going on. She is nothing special. Just a spoiled brat who does not know what work is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Arlington, Texas

16 months ago

jg073 in Arlington, Texas said: One of the speech therapy assistants misrepresents herself as a speech pathologist which she is not! The company allows this, not to mention let her get away with other stuff. She also acted like a spoiled and threatened to go to another company and they paid her even more.

Yeah you would think if she was a speech pathologist with a Master's that it is "Preferred Therapy Services" and not "Preferred therapy services" like what she put on LinkedIn saying she's a SLP when she is just a STA!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mav430 in Irving, Texas

16 months ago

This sounds like one disgruntled (and fired) employee that's posting several poorly written and personal comments/complaints under a different pseudonym each time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Fort Worth, Texas

16 months ago

Mav430 in Irving, Texas said: This sounds like one disgruntled (and fired) employee that's posting several poorly written and personal comments/complaints under a different pseudonym each time.

Congrats on leaving the company by the way. I am sure one of their friends have some relative they can hire to replace you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

I just want to say thanks for the ugly piece of junk plaque I was given at the tacky holiday party that I didn't even want to attend in the first place. Glad I was so valued (not) while the owners little favorites got the nice pretty awards and then I get to listen to their snide remarks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas said: I just want to say thanks for the ugly piece of junk plaque I was given at the tacky holiday party that I didn't even want to attend in the first place. Glad I was so valued (not) while the owners little favorites got the nice pretty awards and then I get to listen to their snide remarks.

Also when I received a birthday from them (3 mos after) with dog excretion as the theme I just thought it was in poor taste. Now I see that it was a sign of how I would be treated working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas

15 months ago

AAA_AAA in Florida said: Yeah they can bombard me with emails when someone's relative has died or accommodate her religious beliefs. Then go on and on making me listen to them talk about someone's dead grandpa for a MONTH, let her back date visit notes, and give her a prize. I can't even get a response to an email when I had someone die. I guess that is why she still works there and they ran me off.

Nobody cares to hear about how many brothers and sisters she had growing up either. So nice the CFO actually takes the time to get to know certain people, but the few of us who he didn't don't care to hear about it.

mlis003 in Dallas, Texas

10 months ago

I am so glad the CFO can look down his nose at people at make discriminatory remarks. The only reason he even has the job is bc his partner is a Speech Pathologist. I wouldn't be bragging if my parents bought me a car at 27 yrs of age, I would be embarrassed.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.