Publix News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you think - will Publix grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Publix stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

JDsDream

64 months ago

As a long term employee with Publix I can tell you that this is certainly not Mr. George's vision of how things should be. I've watched Publix go from a group of caring devoted associates who loved their jobs and took pride in the exceptional customer service that the company was founded on. The benefits were great and each store was like a family. Now the company is cutting hours for their part time and full time associates, cutting benefits and even taking money away from associates who actually rank highly on their reviews. You can score a rating as maximum superior job performer and they will still take money away from their hourly associates. Of course those ratings are given by managers but must be approved by the store managers whose only goal is the bottom line looking good. Associates are now being treated as if they are a liability to the company rather than an asset. It really is sad that Mr. George's dream had to die with him. Customer service is the one thing that set Publix apart from the rest, but with the associates losing enthusiasm for their jobs, they in turn lose enthusiasm for their customers. So I don't see the future for Publix looking quite so bright.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.