employee referral or online application

Comments (2)

paradox in Richardson, Texas

75 months ago

Does online application really work? I have been applying for past 3 months for internship. I have applied for around 25 jobs, for 10 of those i'm a perfect match, for 10 more, i'm a 75% match and for the rest, atleast 50% match. But I've not received any response yet. For each position, they would receive atleast 3000 applications from all over US. do u think the hiring manager really has the time to go thru them?
i seriously doubt it. I think employee referral is the only way out. wat do u guys think?

DQQ in Denver, Colorado

73 months ago

paradox in Richardson, Texas said: Does online application really work? I have been applying for past 3 months for internship. I have applied for around 25 jobs, for 10 of those i'm a perfect match, for 10 more, i'm a 75% match and for the rest, atleast 50% match. But I've not received any response yet. For each position, they would receive atleast 3000 applications from all over US. do u think the hiring manager really has the time to go thru them?
i seriously doubt it. I think employee referral is the only way out. wat do u guys think?

Hi paradox. I currently work at Qualcomm and I applied via the website with no internal referral, so it is possible. I will say that we have tons of applicants per opening so it is a very competitive process.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.