employee referral or online application

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

paradox in Richardson, Texas

68 months ago

Does online application really work? I have been applying for past 3 months for internship. I have applied for around 25 jobs, for 10 of those i'm a perfect match, for 10 more, i'm a 75% match and for the rest, atleast 50% match. But I've not received any response yet. For each position, they would receive atleast 3000 applications from all over US. do u think the hiring manager really has the time to go thru them?
i seriously doubt it. I think employee referral is the only way out. wat do u guys think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DQQ in Denver, Colorado

66 months ago

paradox in Richardson, Texas said: Does online application really work? I have been applying for past 3 months for internship. I have applied for around 25 jobs, for 10 of those i'm a perfect match, for 10 more, i'm a 75% match and for the rest, atleast 50% match. But I've not received any response yet. For each position, they would receive atleast 3000 applications from all over US. do u think the hiring manager really has the time to go thru them?
i seriously doubt it. I think employee referral is the only way out. wat do u guys think?

Hi paradox. I currently work at Qualcomm and I applied via the website with no internal referral, so it is possible. I will say that we have tons of applicants per opening so it is a very competitive process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.