Why Logistics and Processing Employees should contemplate "Union Representation"...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Allen in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

As a Long-Term Employee and a Shareholder of this Company, I would like to respectfully express my Personal Opinion. How can the underlying Board of Directors "Justify" the Total Compensation of $9,076,699... Year 2006 total compensation ($9,076,699), Year 2005 total compensation ($2,421,860), an Increase of ($6,654,839) to Mr. Surya N. Mohapatra (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer) when your Logistics and Processing Employees, "so-called Ambassadors" Standard-Of-Living Continues to Decline year after year, based on the current Pay Structure. Obviously, Mr. Surya N. Mohapatra would In-No-Way be impacted by Cost-Of-Living Expenses based on His Total Compensation for 2006. You would think that Quest Diagnostics would Acknowledge their Logistics Employees, "so-called Ambassadors" who Truely Represent this Company on a daily-basis to a much Higher Standard and as a Valued Asset within the structure of this Corporation, rather than Minimal Labor Cost Employees within this Company. Please Forward this (Quest Diagnostics Forum) Website to your co-workers, Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

do the right thing in Cincinnati, Ohio

83 months ago

Bringing Logistics and Processing employees up to a better standard of living is the "Right Thing To Do." Isn't the company motto, "Just do the right thing." Does this motto only apply to the grunt workers? We have couriers who are living so sub standards it is sad. They can't buy their children needed shoes, or extra. One employee's son never told his Dad he needed another pair of shoes, even after wearing his for 2 years. The kid did not want to put his Dad in a bad place bec the kid knew there was no money. One guy walls and ceiling came down at his house, so he had to move into apartment. He can't afford to fix his house. Another employee needs a refrig. but she can not afford to buy one yet.She living out of an ice cooler right now. Most of the guys work overtime and still they can't get away. I am not sure about the purpose of calling us, "Ambassadors," Unless Quest thought giving us a special name would make up for the great lack in pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TASHA in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Allen in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: As a Long-Term Employee and a Shareholder of this Company, I would like to respectfully express my Personal Opinion. How can the underlying Board of Directors "Justify" the Total Compensation of $9,076,699... Year 2006 total compensation ($9,076,699), Year 2005 total compensation ($2,421,860), an Increase of ($6,654,839) to Mr. Surya N. Mohapatra (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer) when your Logistics and Processing Employees, "so-called Ambassadors" Standard-Of-Living Continues to Decline year after year, based on the current Pay Structure. Obviously, Mr. Surya N. Mohapatra would In-No-Way be impacted by Cost-Of-Living Expenses based on His Total Compensation for 2006. You would think that Quest Diagnostics would Acknowledge their Logistics Employees, "so-called Ambassadors" who Truely Represent this Company on a daily-basis to a much Higher Standard and as a Valued Asset within the structure of this Corporation, rather than Minimal Labor Cost Employees within this Company. Please Forward this (Quest Diagnostics Forum) Website to your co-workers, Thank you.

I agree with you I work in houston tx. As a phlemb. I trying to start a union because we are ready to strick. Labcorp and other lab pay more, and quest is the #1 company in their field any feed back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ONADOLL5 in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

do the right thing in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Bringing Logistics and Processing employees up to a better standard of living is the "Right Thing To Do." Isn't the company motto, "Just do the right thing." Does this motto only apply to the grunt workers? We have couriers who are living so sub standards it is sad. They can't buy their children needed shoes, or extra. One employee's son never told his Dad he needed another pair of shoes, even after wearing his for 2 years. The kid did not want to put his Dad in a bad place bec the kid knew there was no money. One guy walls and ceiling came down at his house, so he had to move into apartment. He can't afford to fix his house. Another employee needs a refrig. but she can not afford to buy one yet.She living out of an ice cooler right now. Most of the guys work overtime and still they can't get away. I am not sure about the purpose of calling us, "Ambassadors," Unless Quest thought giving us a special name would make up for the great lack in pay?

What can we doto show the company how they treat us.Like we are #1 HAHA. We really need to start a union or go on strike. Quest does not care about their people. Others lab pay more then quest. Their not going to give us a raise. You just have to show them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

debie shula in houston, Texas

82 months ago

ya gotta love this new stuff. word is out that they are moving us with dallas - once again lies, lies.
now they says that their is gona be a new leader team made and some of ours will go away. why does not the greedy corporate folks go away or take a small pay cut they could take 10% and still makes milions.
my superisor told me that hr is heading out the door. the first was the blond lady now the leader getting rid of her to. they were the only onees with any honeisty here. now they to leave. their is stuffs going on we does not be told. hr knowez what is going on and corporate people are moving them so that they dont tell us stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thesmoke in Arkansas

80 months ago

Surya N. Mohapatra, CEO of Quest has no guts what so ever. A letter as well as phone calls are ignored by 20 year employee as well as no action what so ever is taken. Seem's the main interest for this company as well as any leadership this man puts in place has to be dealing with only the bottom line. Not the fact that it's his employee's as well as their families that have to go without because of the company's bottom line. Ask anyone that has wtched over the years after Quest took over Smithkline. I was even given a number that seems to have been lost in the system as a complaining emloyee after twenty years. My complaints were that rest area's had blood and urine in with the food. I also was told that I would work overtie and clock out after eight hours. If I refused then I was wrote up for stupid things that had never took place. Attorneys state that is hard to fight a big Corportation like Quest as they pay off most people. Well, they didn't pay me off. The hot line or complaint line if used and your warned as well in verbal abusive lanuage and terminated. Yes, I made a career but never did I see anything in my life as to how Quest treats there employee's. It is wrong and I warn you younger people until we get a CEO willing to listen to there employee's as to how Human resources as well as supervisiors are all together as a family and destroying Quest, then the company will fail soon in the future. Mr. Surya N. Mohapatra, needs to start listening to those that think only of the clients as well as the people that come to all the labs for tests. With what took place with me, I am a walking ex-employee letting anyone I run into as to how BAD Quest is to there hard working people that refuse to be political correct!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

js123

79 months ago

When Quest bought us out, I tried to keep an open mind, even though a friend of mine kept warning me that things were going to get worse. Now I realize how right he was. Everything is about the bottom line and protecting the company. The only time someone in management will listen to you is if it involves making/saving money for Quest. They keep downsizing people left and right 'to make us more competitive'. What a joke. I believe that my whole department would be downsized if they thought they could save ten cents a year by doing it. If a vote to unionize ever came up, I believe the response would be an overwhelming 'Yes', and I would be the first in line.
My other complaint is the entire work atmosphere. Everyone is so paranoid about being written up about the most miniscule thing. In Quest's eyes, when an error comes up, the first and foremost thing to do is blame someone; then sometime (much) later they will get around to fixing the problem. There is so much b.s. going on, I would be curious to find out what the turnover rate is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California

79 months ago

We are investigating this company for overtime claims.

www.collectovertime.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

js123

79 months ago

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California said: We are investigating this company for overtime claims.

www.collectovertime.com

Glad to hear it! They don't want to pay overtime, but if you have to stay over to finish, that's unacceptable to. The unwritten rules seems to be to clock out, and then go back to work; I see it happen all the time. I am happy to hear that someone is looking into it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California

79 months ago

Js123 where do you live? California? If so, we wish to speak to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ricky_A in Minnesota

79 months ago

It's simple. The economy is tight, they thing they can compensate as they wish, which includes creating a huge delta between the execs and the rest. What they don't understand is that there are those, both in their organization as well as outside that watch these abuses and see them as opportunities to compete. When companies pull this worn-out silliness, especially when they are coming off of a good year, they think they own the market. They get lazy, they get stupid. (What did you think they were going to do with all that cash?) In reality, their BEST people leave, or find better uses for their efforts, or better yet see the opportunity for what it is: a market that will support another competitor. (Outsiders don't have non-competes, even though many non-competes are useless in certain states.)
So thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sounds like we should start looking into this market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

js123

79 months ago

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California said: Js123 where do you live? California? If so, we wish to speak to you.

No, not California, but Nevada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

California Labor Law Attorney in Long Beach, California

79 months ago

i see..ok..overtime in Nevada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

crazy in cali in California

73 months ago

TASHA in Houston, Texas said: I agree with you I work in houston tx. As a phlemb. I trying to start a union because we are ready to strick. Labcorp and other lab pay more, and quest is the #1 company in their field any feed back

Labcorp is bigger but they have there problem to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.