What's the company culture at Regus?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 87)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Regus?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Regus?

Reply - Report abuse

B. Dice in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

On Monday, you start to look forward to the coming of Friday. It's a drag to go into this unfriendly company. People come, people go, only the ones who could not go else stay and keep hoping the weekend/holidays will come soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (155) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pam G. in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

It's TRUE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Harris in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

B. Dice said: On Monday, you start to look forward to the coming of Friday. It's a drag to go into this unfriendly company. People come, people go, only the ones who could not go else stay and keep hoping the weekend/holidays will come soon.

HR staff at this company is not friendly and their benefit coordinator never responds to any inquiries....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CiCi in Washington, District of Columbia

88 months ago

This company is very unfriendly. I worked there for one month before I finally had enough. The managers are very rude, and have no respect for their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous DC in Washington, District of Columbia

88 months ago

AGREE 100%.....Managers have no clue how to manage there people. Great product but they need help with respecting and valuing there employees if they want to keep anyone there....morale is horrible and lots of backstabbing. Its a real shame, that they haven't gotten that together yet.

CiCi in Washington, District of Columbia said: This company is very unfriendly. I worked there for one month before I finally had enough. The managers are very rude, and have no respect for their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No Reply - Report abuse

CiCi in Washington, District of Columbia

88 months ago

Yes, and they wonder why they're losing their clients!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous123 in Somewhere

85 months ago

Elizabeth Harris in Dallas, Texas said: HR staff at this company is not friendly and their benefit coordinator never responds to any inquiries....

It's the HR Management team that isn't friendly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (115) / No Reply - Report abuse

TheWatchfulEye in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

The entire management team (all the way up to the VPs) is a complete joke at The Regus Group. Working here is an experience like no other. They remind me of a bunch of bumbling clowns running in to each other with absolutely no clue as to how to run a company. Also, if you want to be severely micro-managed, cussed out all the time, and spyed on your entire work day, this is definitely the place for you. It's a pretty abusive environment with a lot of harrassment going on. Just about everyone that works at Regus is looking for another job, as they are tired of walking on egg shells and having to look over there shoulder. Don't turn your back - because you will get stabbed! It's only a matter of time until this company implodes from the inside. What goes around will eventually come around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (145) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Troutgirl in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Wow! I must be lucky to be in Colorado! The General and Operations Manager at my location are awesome. We are a small team and although we are sometimes not told how to do something right until we've done it wrong, they are more than willing to set aside some time in their day to train us and keep our center at capacity. Our clients are awesome, too! I don't know about the other centers in Colorado, but I think I lucked out where I am!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (110) Reply - Report abuse

Guy1 in New York, New York

72 months ago

Regus will eventually go into bankrupcy again, like they did a few years ago. They just laid off a bunch of people throughout the company a few months ago, due to lack of sales and down turning economy. Problem is, they laid off the good hard working people and left lazy, bad attitude people behind.

The majority of Management, Area Directors, Regional VP's on up to the CEO, have no clue how to run the business. They change training and how to run day to day operations when things happen, instead of being pro-active. Some managers have no business in the position they're in, because they have no experience or leadership skills or are just plain lazy and stupid.

Some have good intensions, but are surrounded by retards with crappy work ethics and bad attitudes, who only want to work hard enough, not to get fired.

Which is why a lot of clients end up leaving at the end of their lease, because the customer service they're promised is severly lacking. Why would you stay and have people like that be the face of your business, when they're supposed to be your support system, which is why you went to Regus in the first place.

Communication is a foreign word to Regus and is totally absent
from the top down.

If you go to work for Regus, just work hard enough not to get fired, show up most of the time when your supposed to, don't worry about how bad your attitude is because they wont' fire you and you'll do just fine.

Now if you're a hard working person, who picks up the slack of your lazy co-workers, prepair to be laid off at anytime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Yankees in New York, New York

72 months ago

anonymous DC in Washington, District of Columbia said: AGREE 100%.....Managers have no clue how to manage there people. Great product but they need help with respecting and valuing there employees if they want to keep anyone there....morale is horrible and lots of backstabbing. Its a real shame, that they haven't gotten that together yet.

I thought only I saw this. Initially thought I was being too sensitive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (124) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Guy1 in New York, New York said: Regus will eventually go into bankrupcy again, like they did a few years ago. They just laid off a bunch of people throughout the company a few months ago, due to lack of sales and down turning economy. Problem is, they laid off the good hard working people and left lazy, bad attitude people behind.

The majority of Management, Area Directors, Regional VP's on up to the CEO, have no clue how to run the business. They change training and how to run day to day operations when things happen, instead of being pro-active. Some managers have no business in the position they're in, because they have no experience or leadership skills or are just plain lazy and stupid.

Some have good intensions, but are surrounded by retards with crappy work ethics and bad attitudes, who only want to work hard enough, not to get fired.

Which is why a lot of clients end up leaving at the end of their lease, because the customer service they're promised is severly lacking. Why would you stay and have people like that be the face of your business, when they're supposed to be your support system, which is why you went to Regus in the first place.

from the top down.

If you go to work for Regus, just work hard enough not to get fired, show up most of the time when your supposed to, don't worry about how bad your attitude is because they wont' fire you and you'll do just fine.

Now if you're a hard working person, who picks up the slack of your lazy co-workers, prepair to be laid off at anytime.

I work in one of the New York centers as well. Management is a bunch of people who don't know what they are doing & abuse their power. My GM knows what their doing, but unfortunately the OM's feel that they are at lawyer/doctor status when in reality all they are are supervisor's. If you ask questions to learn more they get passive aggressive and annoyed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Guy1 in New York, New York said: Regus will eventually go into bankrupcy again, like they did a few years ago. They just laid off a bunch of people throughout the company a few months ago, due to lack of sales and down turning economy. Problem is, they laid off the good hard working people and left lazy, bad attitude people behind.

from the top down.

Yes communication is STUPID here. Very unproffesional and management is a joke so far. I didn't know that this company went bankrupt? If they would get rid of 75% of the worthless broads (females mainly) and replace them with someone else, it would improve the company by far. Does anyone notice all the promotions are made to women?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (111) Reply - Report abuse

BiggSmalls in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

Hey all. Do I want to be a GM? I'm reading all these blogs form customers and employers. It isn't good. I'm more than qualified and at a good point to make a transition. I'm interested in the business, but the culture seems like poison. As a GM could I make a positive impact on the culture? I believe sales follow service quality, and service quality follows employee morale. Can a good GM create a positive morale? I believe managers forget who they work for. They think it’s the execs or the stockholders. It’s the customer facing employee who defines the company. They deserve all of the manager’s attention. All other interests follow suit. If I were to bring the attitude of serving the employee as my primary responsibility, would that impact the organization in a positive way? I envision the Ops mangers becoming a service arm to the customer service personnel, with the service chain going all the way down to the customer. Do managers care about their employees? What would it look like if they did? Would it change anything? Let me know if a servant mentality would impact the atmosphere and I might be inclined to join. I’d like to be able to make a difference. If it’s a lost cause, please tell me now and not after I jeopardize the wellbeing of my family. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

C Cutie in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

Wow ! ! ! I thought it was just me. The word I used to describe the company was uncomfortable. I started looking for a job my first day because I felt so unwelcomed. I dreaded mondays and knew exactly what time it was every day as I counted down the minutes till I could leave. And I am a very hardworking individual who looks forward to coming to work. The clients were great but the management was not welcoming. The worst part is that when you start to have problems, you can't talk to anybody. Don't let the big smiles fool you. I won't say I hate Regus because there may be good centers somewhere, but check the site. They're always hiring. My advice is if you have to work there please don't stop searching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (127) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

husbandofemployee in Atlanta, Georgia

70 months ago

This company sucks. I do not work there but hear my wife talk about regus all the time. They only care about you if your a daughter of a friend of the GM. The other employees are in there own clicks, they DO stab you in the back and feed you to the wolves. They expect you to work for free, float from office to office with out compinsation. Even though my wife comes in every single day and works, theres another employee who always has issues with getting to work on time or even showing up. but her mother used to work as an exec, and she knows peple so she is still there doing nothing, even her manager says she isnt doing anything but still keeps her around cause she is her friend. This company sucks and should get investigated by what a news crew or something cause there is so much drama and crap goin on, i thought it was just nthe builiding my wife works in but from this site i can see its all over america. So if you are a daughter of an exec or GM you got it in, you dont have to do anything but lounge!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tired of crap jobs in Boston, Massachusetts

70 months ago

Let me tell you - I am not bitter. I was an OM. I was fired for "interpersonal" reasons. My receptionist had it out for me and was a part of the cliques that form at Regus.

Fortunately, I was smart enough to save all the emails that I received from my GM and AD and will be using them in the lawsuit I am putting together with my lawyer for unlawful termination.

There are so many shady things that go on at that company. The HR girl that fired me offered me 2 weeks pay to say I was in the wrong, basically trying to buy me off since they knew I did nothing wrong. I was really fired because I knew too much about the bad practices of Centrinet and told these things to a client who is suing Regus. Also, I was mad because I made sales that I was not allowed to put into Pivotal, but my GM did and got the credit because she is buddies with my AD. The case is so solid that at some point, I am sure I will hear from them that they are settling...

The thing I want to say to all disgruntled CSR's is this. OM's are just as upset about the crap going on there, but in order to keep our jobs, we were in a tough spot to keep on the "Regus" face.

God bless anyone that stays...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

The Rooster of Illusion in Margaritaville, Oregon

69 months ago

B. Dice in Dallas, Texas said: On Monday, you start to look forward to the coming of Friday. It's a drag to go into this unfriendly company. People come, people go, only the ones who could not go else stay and keep hoping the weekend/holidays will come soon.

Could not have said it better myself. Try sitting on "sales productivity calls" and listening to your pathetic, lazy, Area Director talking about nothing, every single day. She loves to hear herself talk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (124) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

husbandofemployee in Atlanta, Georgia said: This company sucks. I do not work there but hear my wife talk about regus all the time. They only care about you if your a daughter of a friend of the GM. The other employees are in there own clicks, they DO stab you in the back and feed you to the wolves. They expect you to work for free, float from office to office with out compinsation. Even though my wife comes in every single day and works, theres another employee who always has issues with getting to work on time or even showing up. but her mother used to work as an exec, and she knows peple so she is still there doing nothing, even her manager says she isnt doing anything but still keeps her around cause she is her friend. This company sucks and should get investigated by what a news crew or something cause there is so much drama and crap goin on, i thought it was just nthe builiding my wife works in but from this site i can see its all over america. So if you are a daughter of an exec or GM you got it in, you dont have to do anything but lounge!

I am still currently employed with Regus - not sure why exactly but I am. Nonetheless, after reading your comment, I could not agree more. It is always politics - who knows who. I must say that I do stick to a few of my fellow co-workers and steer clear of drama in other business centers. The Area Director in our region is the most laziest, pathetic, abrupt, disgusting person I have ever met. By far the worse boss I have had to date. She also had a few "ties" in her area that fell apart and now that she is having to work for a change, she is a royal you know what on wheels. She always has a few select employees picking up her slack in the area so she can sit back and do what she does best- Nothing. She is an unattractive gossip who puts others down to get ahead. She plants the gossip seed in one person, then says the opposite to another but doesn't realize her entire area despises her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

TheWatchfulEye in Dallas, Texas said: The entire management team (all the way up to the VPs) is a complete joke at The Regus Group. Working here is an experience like no other. They remind me of a bunch of bumbling clowns running in to each other with absolutely no clue as to how to run a company. Also, if you want to be severely micro-managed, cussed out all the time, and spyed on your entire work day, this is definitely the place for you. It's a pretty abusive environment with a lot of harrassment going on. Just about everyone that works at Regus is looking for another job, as they are tired of walking on egg shells and having to look over there shoulder. Don't turn your back - because you will get stabbed! It's only a matter of time until this company implodes from the inside. What goes around will eventually come around.

True, very true. Say a prayer for those poor souls like myself still employed by Regus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

The Rooster of Illusion in Margaritaville, Oregon said: True, very true. Say a prayer for those poor souls like myself still employed by Regus.

More like STUPID souls. If you don't like it there you need to leave because none of us care about your whining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (121) Reply - Report abuse

employee01 in Somewhere, Texas

69 months ago

I think it is one thing to discuss your opinions of the culture and what your experience was like while you were apart of our Regus organization; however to use names and literally slander those that you had challenges with is a true reflection of your character or lack there of.

The Regus culture and experience will be different for everyone. It is easy to talk about the company negatively if you left not on your own accord.

For every negative story on here, I could share ten positive. Regus has great team members in every level of the organization. There is a team work environment that is rare to find at this corporate level. You will get back from this company what you put into it. We have great success stories of people starting at entry level positions and allowing themselves to be developed and mentored into some of the best leadership that I have ever dealt with. If you are considering a position with this organization or even a product as a customer...consider this...Regus is a company that prides itself on it's high levels of customer satisfaction, professionalism, and integrity. It shows in every aspect of this business. Regus is not just a product, it's the people, it's the experience...it's what 99% of us believe in and give it our all.

I apologize that you had an experience that you felt left little to be desired. We all take accountability for where we are today. Where are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (154) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

employee01 in Somewhere, Texas said: I think it is one thing to discuss your opinions of the culture and what your experience was like while you were apart of our Regus organization; however to use names and literally slander those that you had challenges with is a true reflection of your character or lack there of.

The Regus culture and experience will be different for everyone. It is easy to talk about the company negatively if you left not on your own accord.

For every negative story on here, I could share ten positive. Regus has great team members in every level of the organization. There is a team work environment that is rare to find at this corporate level. You will get back from this company what you put into it. We have great success stories of people starting at entry level positions and allowing themselves to be developed and mentored into some of the best leadership that I have ever dealt with. If you are considering a position with this organization or even a product as a customer...consider this...Regus is a company that prides itself on it's high levels of customer satisfaction, professionalism, and integrity. It shows in every aspect of this business. Regus is not just a product, it's the people, it's the experience...it's what 99% of us believe in and give it our all.

I apologize that you had an experience that you felt left little to be desired. We all take accountability for where we are today. Where are you?

If you lived in New York City you would understand WHY I used those names. I'm not going to badmouth the ENTIRE company when it was clearly only a few individuals that deserved negative mentioning.
I did not slander them. I was being completely blunt about WHO they are. There are MANY things that I left out about them that would have made for an even poorer reputation.
All in all, I'm not going to stay quiet because THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS. If I would have been able to search what I posted---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

--it would have saved me a LOT of EXTREMELY valuable time.
TIME IS MONEY- at least it is here in NYC! I could have taken the other job offer that I had, had I know the TRUTH. Therefore I am PROUD to be mentioning the few names of the people who will interview others in the future. I'm doing them a GREAT service by saving them from leaving their current job or turning down another one...only to find out, within a few days, that there was a reason Regus was so aggressively trying to hire them.
I do NOT hate Regus as a whole, but I was shocked to see that so many people had the same experiences across the country. The company clearly does NOT mandate the people the put in authority, and for that they will suffer. Such a GOOD product & such useless people running it all for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

employee01 - you are clearly a Regus employee, but let me school you on a few things. I "bought into" the whole Regus crap package. I believed everything and taught all that crap to my employees. Because I started to question financial practices and ethical practices of keeping around bad employees for fears of lawsuits, I was fired. But, rest assured, Regus will count me as one more of the many that are filing lawsuits against them.

The entire company is a train wreck to work for and deal with. Anyone that isn't a mess knows the rest of the company is. The lazy idiots in management are afraid someone will find out what a poor job they are doing and the clients hate the nickel and dime overpriced culture.

What a sell... I wonder what Mark Dixon would say if he saw what was going on for real over here on the other side of the pond...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (133) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yankees in New York

68 months ago

Employee01 is also known as Melissa Steen. You can clearly see this on her profile since she's apparently not bright enough to remain anonymous.

Melissa works directly as, what else?...management! LOL. Can I ask exactly WHY so many Regus employees are desperate enough to stalk others on a forum website? It seems completely odd to be working at a company, yet searching online for others who have left or been let go..and tagging along after them in forums.

God, I'm so proud to NOT be working at Regus anymore. It's a lame company with lame job titles that don't fool anyone in the "REAL WORLD" aka the professional world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Melissa - that is the one that fired me. I cannot wait until the dumb things she did in my firing get down to her. I cannot begin to tell you how she did everything wrong up to and including her reason for my dismissal. She also tried to buy me off to keep my mouth shut. She is just an example of the poor quality of people the Regus hires... My attorney has been in talks with the management there and she screwed up big time. I would give my eye teeth to be there when they fire her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (116) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BryanOllet in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

employee01 in Somewhere, Texas said: I think it is one thing to discuss your opinions of the culture and what your experience was like while you were apart of our Regus organization; however to use names and literally slander those that you had challenges with...

Ok, let's begin the educational process for those who are not so educated. If you mention someone's name and give an opinion, it's an opinion. It's not slander. In fact, slanderous writing is called a "libel".

If we take YOUR definition of slander, there is no free speech any longer. A libel is making a "factually untrue" statement such as "Cindy Mehean smokes marijuana at her office." Or writing "Bobbie Wilson" stole money from the office. (The names are made up) Those statements could be construed as possible libel.

I know someone that works at the Regus Group. After reading this forum, I understand that there are fundamental management problems that might even go all the way to the top. When people DEMAND results regardless of excuses, it breeds corruption and a lack of integrity. It's management's job to make sure that people are treated ethically and respectfully.

This organization has problems also with the chain of command. If you receive clear instruction from your immediate boss, be careful! The boss above them may give you conflicting information and then write you up.

Many of the managers are extremely passive aggressive. They do not approach their employees and open dialogue for explanation. They will blindside their employee, issue accusations, and then say that the employee has an excuse for everything. PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE.

The Regus Group ought to be very careful because they are an unlawful termination suit waiting to happen.

Finally, attention to all you Regus Group Nazi-style managers: spend your time treating people with dignity--not spying. Shame on you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

tired of crap jobs in Boston, Massachusetts said: Melissa - that is the one that fired me. I cannot wait until the dumb things she did in my firing get down to her.

Oh, please, please in touch with this forum. I know someone who I think is getting purposely setup to be fired to possibly hire someone less expensive. Multiple false claims with no desire to learn the truth. Thank you for your comments. People need to hold these companies accountable. You can't be wreckless in your dealings with people and suffer no accountability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

husbandofemployee in Atlanta, Georgia

67 months ago

So theres a new turn of events at this place my wife worked at. She worked 41.5 hours one week, and then a manager took the 1.5 OT of her time. And told her they would clock her in 1.5 hours early the next week. I know its 1.5 hours of OT, but still its the princeple of the thing. You know? Its also illegal. O well, according to this website, we wanted to go to HR but figured it wouldnt do any good, she talked the manager about it, but she refused to give her that OT. The GM's are aware of it too and they dont care. They are just as dimwitted and corrupt as the manager. Trying to save regus 20 bucks by gambleing with the legality of it all. I hope the company falls, I really do. This company is corrupt, just like the ones you hear about on the news where they would get a bailout and go have a party with the money. Disgusting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (107) / No Reply - Report abuse

dallascutie123 in Addison, Texas

67 months ago

Speaking as someone who is well-entrenched in the corporate atmosphere at Regus, I can attest that it is infested with nastiness. Mark my words - this company will implode from the inside out. I disagree that management at Regus is lazy. I say they are arrogant, out-of-touch, and just plain ruthless. It is getting worse now as "business as usual" has been infused with desperation since sales are plummeting and companies are not paying their heavily inflated invoices. Especially within corporate accounts it has gotten so bad. The cursing, back-stabbing, and harassment that someone spoke about is absolutely true. Laws protecting good employees are broken every day to keep the employees that play the political game and manage upwards. Keep the lawsuits coming. One day they will pay for their missteps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No Reply - Report abuse

regusintexas in houston, Texas

67 months ago

what in the heck is going on in the new SMARTWORKING CITIES?? is this working for people, more people being fired, do they want to continue to make the customer service worse. They add more reports and more processes to give clients a wonderful experience and then let more people go...who is going to be left to talk to clients or even help them...hmmmm...anyone, anyone...Bueller?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (102) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Yeah, it's a micromanaged work environment. My wife works her butt off for them and may have a very rough day. In fact, the entire week can be exhausting and then she is pulled aside because she clocks in a minute or two after the time she is supposed to be in. They overwork their employees and then scode them for not doing enough. At the same time, they say that they are always available to talk to and want their employees to thrive. It's like throwing a cat into the water with crocodiles and yelling "Go kitty! Go! Swim faster! We are pulling for you!" Oh yeah, the general manager calls the center once a week and then is upset when no one answered the phone. The phone never rings and is probably a glitch in the system, but no, they do not listen to such things. Jerks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Southern_Girl in The South, Texas

67 months ago

Be prepared for the first round of layoffs coming soon to an area near you! New Smartworking allows you to be terminated and then reapply for your job at a lowered rate/salary! I urge everyone to be thrilled about participating. This is sure to boost morale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

I predict all the OM's have crosshairs on their foreheads... or should I say in their backs???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

dallascutie123 in Addison, Texas said: I predict all the OM's have crosshairs on their foreheads... or should I say in their backs???

Well, you are in Dallas so what happened?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

I am a past employee of Regus, Inc. Without a doubt the biggest mistake that I ever made in my working career - when I choose to work this group of Management misfits, primarily corporate level and above, plus probably 15% mamagement at the Area/Center levels too.

All the statements made herein are: My Opinions.

However, those of you who are seriously considering filing law suits against Regus for their many employment abuses and treatment of current and past employees, I would appreciate it if you would talk to your lawyers and strongly suggest/request that they get together with your lawyers and file a class action suit against Regus.

There would be thousands, literally, that would want to join into this type lawsuit! Only this type action will seriously get their attention. The settlement, eventually (it takes a Long time for these type lawsuits to reach court or settlement), but eventually could force them into bankrupcy, along with some monies for those that have been hurt by their pratices.

I would be one of the first to join the action. And I 'Know' that for every one of us who joins the action at the outset could recommend names of others who have been hurt and abused by them. I figure each one of us could recommend from personal experience and knowledge at least 5 to 10 other people who would want to join the effort. In addition, you would have others, mainly current employees who have not been able to find an escape route, who would sign up to join the Class Action as Soon as they became aware of it - and have the knowledge that their individual names would not have to come to light - especially if they are still working there.

A Class Action suit is one where only a relative few names have to become public and an active part of the suit - I would welcome the opportunity to become one of the Public names.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

My email address for the above comments, in case any of your lawyers would want to contact me. You can get my e-mail from my profile, since this form will not Let me include it within this comment/reply section.

My personal experiences and reasons for leaving are probably a little unique from some others, so these could be added to the lawsuit and add an additional prospective - which most of you have also experienced, but I have validation/proof of these factors which should be included in the lawyer's Summary of Facts.

Again, these statements reflect my true feelings and opinions, and the Facts that I elude to would be discussed later with the proper people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No Reply - Report abuse

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

Yes, I agree that it a huge relieve to be gone from Regus even though the job and money situation is tough - I have no regrets, and it is worth the economic risks of having left. At least my self pride has been restored.

I tried sending this site contact info directly to Mark Dixon and other top executives, but did not have the address. If ANYONE has those direct addressees, they should send them this site address. Who knows if anyone in HR or elsewhere has the b_lls to tell him about it or just how bad the company wide employee attitudes are - which can Not be helping office rentals which they are sorely in need of. It seems that employee attitude would be of value to them and the negative effect it can have on everything in the business. But it is obvious that they do not care, and I am sure why the business is having even more problems than just the economy. They seems so totally blind to the Facts.

If anyone know the actual direct addressees to make contact with the executives, they should post them on here - the current employees should be able to get them, they could check out he monthly bulletin that comes out every month.

If you contact me directly, I will tell you where else that I have posted some information about this site where the public can find it. I do not want to say it here because HR and others will then know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bad Regus Address Cost Me in Irvine, California

65 months ago

Tom K in Blackwood, New Jersey said: You sound bitter. You must be one of the ones who can't go anywhere else?!

www.regus-hq.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Bad Regus Address Cost Me in Irvine, California

65 months ago

mm2106 in Dallas, Texas said: Yes, I agree that it a huge relieve to be gone from Regus even though the job and money situation is tough - I have no regrets, and it is worth the economic risks of having left. At least my self pride has been restored.

I tried sending this site contact info directly to Mark Dixon and other top executives, but did not have the address. If ANYONE has those direct addressees, they should send them this site address. Who knows if anyone in HR or elsewhere has the b_lls to tell him about it or just how bad the company wide employee attitudes are - which can Not be helping office rentals which they are sorely in need of. It seems that employee attitude would be of value to them and the negative effect it can have on everything in the business. But it is obvious that they do not care, and I am sure why the business is having even more problems than just the economy. They seems so totally blind to the Facts.

If anyone know the actual direct addressees to make contact with the executives, they should post them on here - the current employees should be able to get them, they could check out he monthly bulletin that comes out every month.

If you contact me directly, I will tell you where else that I have posted some information about this site where the public can find it. I do not want to say it here because HR and others will then know.

www.regus-hq.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Hot Mess And Getting Hotter in Addison, Texas

64 months ago

I never thought I would be on a forum like this, but my conscience won't let me be silent any longer. This company is just as horrible as everyone says it is and it's not confined to any specific region. I've seen a lot of the same things that you have and it is only getting worse. Gossip, infighting, directors who have no clue of how what is happening in the field and no interest in anything other than the bottom line. Employees who are abused, undervalued and then pushed out the door when they are no longer needed. It is tragic. Smartworking is a pseudonym for the next wave of cuts that will be visiting a center near you. Want to know why your company is hiring 100 new billing coordinators in TX and "business development managers" (ie commission only brokers) all over the country? It's because they are getting the knife ready for you. I decided it's time for me to get out and have been interviewing like crazy. Want to know what I found out? Regus has been peddling jobs in this area for half of what I make, they just can't find any takers. One of my interviewers told me that he had just interviewed someone who had interviewed at Regus but had been told that the positions wouldn't be open until July. THERE ARE NO OPEN POSITIONS IN OUR AREA RIGHT NOW. Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

I'm not sure what I expect from a company who's upper management openly tells people to lie to customers to get a sale. Morals and ethics have gone out the window and clients are fleeing like rats from a very expensive sinking ship.

Listen, if you enjoy constant change leading to chaos, superiors who place blame to cover their own butts, secrecy, horrible and demeaning HR people (who will openly tell you that they are not there for you but to protect the company from lawsuits), unrealistic goals leading to no bonus or commission and constant threats to your job, then this is the place for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (111) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

PS - for those that want to call me bitter, feel free. I am. I used to love working here when I started. I gave my all to this wreck and I'm only sorry that I didn't get my head out of the sand earlier. The signs were there, but I thought that if I worked hard and kept my head down the BS wouldn't come to my door. Boy was I wrong. I will only miss my clients and a few co workers when Im gone. All the other stuff - keep it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

The sad part is that the friends I made there are still so brainwashed into believing the corporate bull about not talking to former employees that they have taken me off as a FB friend and if they haven't they avoid all communication with me. I am not bitter about this, just sad.

I prayed a lot and decided to just let them stop having a hold on me. I stopped pursuing a lawsuit, and stopped thinking about them. They did me a favor by letting me go. I am happier and pursuing my artistic talents.

I have since gotten engaged and am planning my wedding during the day instead of being their "bend over and grab your ankles" girl.

I feel sorry for those that stay there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (102) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Amen, sister (or brother... not sure). =0)

I am so glad I am away from it all but it took months for me to shake off the cut-throat culture and realize that it just isn't me. It is a brutal work environment and only the most ruthless survive so that is what they will be left with after the smoke clears. Good riddance, I say. Beware, job seekers, beware.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (101) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

A couple of jobs are looking really promising. I'll be glad to join you and shake it all off dallascutie. It makes me ill to think I actually represented this place for as long as I did. I feel better already knowing that there is an end in sight to the madness. Bonus - I may actually end up making MORE money. Slimy b*stards have been underpaying me this whole time...

As to the whole friends thing, I feel bad that I bought into that load of crap. I'm not sure why I did now, except that I was drinking the kool aid for a long time. I'm okay with the fact that no one will talk to me once I'm gone. Thank God, cause I wouldn't have given the time of day to most of those chicks walking down the street. Work friends and real friends are two different things. My real friends will still be with me. Fortunately I always knew the difference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

PS. Oh and by the way, that is the general consensus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunsrule in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

I left Regus some time ago as a senior leader in the company but I have to say I could not disagree more. Melissa Steen was one of the most professional Human Resources Manager I have come across in my career. In my departure she treated me with nothing but respect and dignity in the most uncomfortable circumstances. Sounds to me like you are a team member that is being managed out of the organiztaion and focusing on Melissa when you should be focusing on one's self. Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (109) Reply - Report abuse

RMdallas_tx in Lewisville, Texas

64 months ago

Melissa is a good person, a mother and a friend, with a very tough job, lay-off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (105) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.