"It's My Rite Aid, and I Love It!"

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Current Rite Aid employee in Kentucky

71 months ago

Do you buy into the hype? Do you think Rite Aid is really going to meet their end of the bargain on this "Cultural Change"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Spose in Oregon

71 months ago

I absolutely think we are going to make some positive changes. We now have a lower co-pay on generics, more associate appreciation days and the free flu shots for all 115,000 employees.

I would be interested to know what other things you would like to see change that would make Rite Aid a place where you would enjoy coming to work every day and be proud to tell your friends where you work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Given that I rarely (almost never) need a prescription, the lower co-pay on generics isn't that big of a deal to me. And more associate appreciation days? I thought those were a joke to begin with. An extra ten percent isn't saying much. The free flu shots, however, is a nice gesture.

I would like to see raises that aren't embarrassing. I'm not sure if the 2% yearly raise is typical for the entire company, but that's what most employees get in my district. I work with a woman who has been with Rite Aid for thirty years and she's only a nine something an hour. That's truly sad. Also, I'm upset that evaluation times change everytime an employee has a pay change. When I was promoted to Shift Supervisor, I received a raise for taking on more responsibility. Little did I know that because I had a pay increase, the date of yearly raise would change. Yearly raises should never change and be based on your hire date, not when you were promoted. In other words, promotional raises should be seperate of yearly raises.

My most recent upset with the company concerns the gift cards that were promised to associates who participated in the promotion of the prescription transfer program. My store got over 100 transfers, as such, all full time associates were promised $100 gift cards and all part time associates were to receive $50 gift cards. This was over three months ago. No one can give me a straight answer as to when we will be receiving our gift cards. Myself and my fellow associates were looking forward to having the gift cards in time for Christmas and in time for our so-called "associate appreciation days". We have nothing to show for our efforts in promoting the prescription transfers, and quite frankly, Rite Aid's constant empty promises tells me that the company could care less about their employees.

If Rite Aid wants positive change, they're going to have to start living up to what they say they're going to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Spose in Oregon

71 months ago

I know the company is trying to live up the promises that are being made. There is going to be a meeting on Baltimore next month with the 120 associates from around the company that are going to lead the culture change full-scale. I will be there. Your concerns will be aired when I have the opportunity.

I would talk to your DM/PDM about the gift cards and then escalate to Human Resources and they should be able to help you get an answer.

I really can't speak directly to all of your concerns but HR can.

Try to hold out through the end of January, after the CCC meeting. Again, I know first-hand that a lot of effort is being put into this and positive results are the only acceptable outcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Spose in Oregon said: I know the company is trying to live up the promises that are being made. There is going to be a meeting on Baltimore next month with the 120 associates from around the company that are going to lead the culture change full-scale. I will be there. Your concerns will be aired when I have the opportunity.

I would talk to your DM/PDM about the gift cards and then escalate to Human Resources and they should be able to help you get an answer.

I really can't speak directly to all of your concerns but HR can.

Try to hold out through the end of January, after the CCC meeting. Again, I know first-hand that a lot of effort is being put into this and positive results are the only acceptable outcome.

May I ask your position with the company?

Also, concerning the gift cards; initially I spoke with my PDM. Twice he could not give me a straight answer, however, I don't think he's to blame for this. I also spoke with my DM. He couldn't answer my questions either. I decided to go above HR in my district and email the SVP of Human Resources in Harrisburg and I still haven't received any answers, although, I did receive an email to notify me that my concerns were being looked into.

Thusly, I'm incredibly frustrated with Rite Aid. No one, not even at the highest level, can address my concerns. And this is why I think the Cultural Change will fail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Also, how were these 120 associates chosen? Are they being paid more for their efforts? When they visit Balitmore, is Rite Aid paying for all of their expenses, including meals, hotel, gas/plane tickets? Are the hotels they're staying in going to be as elaborate as those the Store Managers stay in during the trade show? If so, where is this money coming from?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marely Madison in West Decatur, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Current Rite Aid employee in Kentucky said: Given that I rarely (almost never) need a prescription, the lower co-pay on generics isn't that big of a deal to me. And more associate appreciation days? I thought those were a joke to begin with. An extra ten percent isn't saying much. The free flu shots, however, is a nice gesture.

I would like to see raises that aren't embarrassing. I'm not sure if the 2% yearly raise is typical for the entire company, but that's what most employees get in my district. I work with a woman who has been with Rite Aid for thirty years and she's only a nine something an hour. That's truly sad. Also, I'm upset that evaluation times change everytime an employee has a pay change. When I was promoted to Shift Supervisor, I received a raise for taking on more responsibility. Little did I know that because I had a pay increase, the date of yearly raise would change. Yearly raises should never change and be based on your hire date, not when you were promoted. In other words, promotional raises should be seperate of yearly raises.

My most recent upset with the company concerns the gift cards that were promised to associates who participated in the promotion of the prescription transfer program. My store got over 100 transfers, as such, all full time associates were promised $100 gift cards and all part time associates were to receive $50 gift cards. This was over three months ago. No one can give me a straight answer as to when we will be receiving our gift cards. Myself and my fellow associates were looking forward to having the gift cards in time for Christmas and in time for our so-called "associate appreciation days". We have nothing to show for our efforts in promoting the prescription transfers, and quite frankly, Rite Aid's constant empty promises tells me that the company could care less about their employees.

If Rite Aid wants positive change, they're going to have to start living up to what they say they're going to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marely Madison in West Decatur, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Marely Madison in West Decatur, Pennsylvania said:

I understand. We were told to increase our "rite aid savings cards" so we did, worked like mad to get more and more people signed up. We counted 90 applications! We sent them in and
We got a letter saying we only did 28. Now you tell me where the mess up is??? This Corp. is taking to much on, and cannot make the programs work. What a mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

I doubt things will ever change. Rite Aid is just like any other corporation. Most only care about the money and not about who they step on to achieve their goals. The "Cultural Change" incentive was not implemented to provide a better environment for the employees but rather, in hopes, to fix an ailing company.

I am no longer with the company, thankfully. I work in a place now where I have regular hours, I can count on sick and vacation time, my benefits are excellent, the pay is better, the employee appreciation is like none I've seen before. The company I work for diligently donates to charities, has company picnics and Christmas parties.

It's a plesant change.

If I recall correctly, Rite Aid was constantly trying to improve their CSI scores. A word to those in control; if employees feel appreciated, and in a more direct way than employee appreciation days that amount to nothing, something like better starting pay, better raises, and more incentive...the employee will bring better customer service.

Its that simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rite Aid Sucks in Bayside, New York

64 months ago

Terrible Company to work for. Heres a complaint that I sent to Mary Sammons (Nothing has yet been done):
Dear Ms. Sammons,
I would like to bring to your attention the atrocious working environment currently residing at store number 10561 (Port Washington, N.Y.). The store manager has lost all sense of reality and is managing a staff with extremely unreasonable expectations. Employees are required to work extremely long shifts with less than adequate break time in between. My question is, how one can function in a work place after only receiving four hours of sleep? On top of that, as a former member of management, I was told to enforce very unethical practices. For instance one employee was not allowed to use the restroom while on shift. The employee was allotted one bathroom break which occurred during the beginning of the work day break. This forced the associate to wait hours before he was allowed use the bathroom. Also to save on payroll, I was told directly to shave hours off of employee work weeks. Managers were required to work sixty hours for a majority of weeks and scheduling was not logical. Now I do understand that long work weeks may be a part of the trade but the amount of time between shifts is clearly unacceptable. Having to commute by car and work on ladders, this fatigue is very hazardous to ones health. Programs that were devised by you and your team were ignored and worked around. Customer complaints were ignored and CSI index scores were forged by management calling in false approvals to the hotline. A simple scan over store 10561's turnover will reveal the true unhappiness of the employees. The current employees simply remain due to the current economic situation. I have worked at other Rite Aid locations and never have I witnessed such unhappiness among employees. A candid survey will prove all of my statements correct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rite Aid Sucks in Bayside, New York

64 months ago

The reason I come straight to you is because all complaints are ignored by district management and human resources. Employee satisfaction programs such as RAPTAR and SMILE are simply forged and neglected. Human resources and district management have formed a closely knit group and have protected each other, thereby encouraging this corrosive Rite Aid culture. Mr. Barillas has developed a comfort with the district office and has even challenged his employees to call human resources. The constant bullying and harassment of employees from the store manager has led to many quality employees resigning. I truly urge you to investigate the situation and make changes because this is exactly the image Rite Aid as a corporation does not want to project.
Sincerely,
Your former committed employee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doe02 in Greenville, South Carolina

60 months ago

I really don't buy into the hype. All these promotions the past few years have been pretty much translucent and disfunctional at store level. I dislike how RA will promote a new marketing promotion & deliver all your items late and cut your store hours on opening week of the promotion and expect you to do X amount of sign ups with no help. To think, you will have to spend roughly 5 minutes with each customer annoying them to 1) sign up for the current promotion. 2) ask if they have their RX's filled at rite aid 3) have them call the CSI number and beg them for 5's, 4) if in pharmacy, ask if they have automatic refills. With no help and hours cuts its impossible to do this with every customer, phones ringing off the hook, drive-thru backed up, and long lines at the drop off and pick up counter. Reality Check!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

Spose in Oregon said: I absolutely think we are going to make some positive changes. We now have a lower co-pay on generics, more associate appreciation days and the free flu shots for all 115,000 employees.

I would be interested to know what other things you would like to see change that would make Rite Aid a place where you would enjoy coming to work every day and be proud to tell your friends where you work.

Dude, free flu shots are not free. RA will charge your RA healthplan, or you can pay cash, same as non-employees. Nothing is free.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.