What's the company culture at Rite Aid?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Rite Aid?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Rite Aid?

Reply - Report abuse

Tommy

88 months ago

There is no culture

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jovifan in Carmichaels, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Business casual no jeans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramshi in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

The corporate culture is work, work, work. When you go home or go on "vacation," take your laptop with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Biz casual, jeans on Friday's, if you pay $1 to CMN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Former Rite Aid GM in Abington, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

My misery with Rite Aid is over. I worked there about 2 years ago and it was torture. They hired me as an Assistant Manager making $35,000 not bad while training and getting overtime. After training you are know working 50 hours a week minimum. Know that messed up because salaries are based on 40 hours a week right, wrong not at Rite Aid. They will offer you promotions left and right because they have high turnover in management. They will fire most managers for having one bad inventory. The stores are inventoried 3 times a year. While working there for a year I had 5 out of the mandatory 8 weeks training. They pulled me out of training early because an assistant manager was fired. Then I was an Assistant Manager for a month before being promoted to a General manger making $45,000. Sounds great wrong now they wanted me to work 60 hours a week. Most times 6 days a week. I was promoted to GM quickly because a GM was fired for theft. Bottom line to the story. The General Manager is always the scapegoat to whats wrong in the store. He or She is always over worked with no congratulations or recognition. One bad inventory goodbye. Stay as an Assistant Manager you will have alot less responsibiity and you make more hour by hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole- former thank god, photo tech in Thomaston, Georgia

84 months ago

PLEASE READ....
NO!! DO NOT WORK FOR ECKERDS/RITE AID!! I Was A Photo Tech At Eckerd's Before They Were Bought Out By Rite Aid And Trust Me They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR WORKERS. They Jus Want You To Make Their Money. They Are VERY Unfair And LIARS. You Can Apply For Any Position And End Up Running They Whole Store By Yourself Even Though You Have Other People There. Your Raise Is Ridiculous! You Have To Wait A Year For A Raise My First Year I Got A 20 Cent Raise. My Mgr Was So Unfair And The District Mgr Wasn't Any Better Whatsoever. My Mgr Hired Her Best Friend And Started Giving Her All The Hours And Every 5 Min They Will Take A Smoke Break, The Days The Truck Come In She Will Have 3 Ppl Like Herself, And 2 Other Of Her "Shadows" Putting Up Items On A Isle With Her While Everyone Eles Is Working By Themselves And Not Only That Her Best Friend Use To Be A STORE MGR At Another Eckerds Said She Retired From There To Become A CASHIER At Our Store And People She NEVER TOUCHED A REGISTER Because She's Always With My Store Mgr. I Could Go On But People This IS TRUE And TRUST ME DO NOT WORK AT ECKERD'S/ RITE AID!!! They Careless About You And More About THEM NOT YOU Getting That Paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

sarah phila in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I would never, ever, reccomend this company to anybody. They treat their employees (especially their hourlies) like trash.
First off, even if you're covered by a union, don't count on getting benefits. The way that managers are told to schedule you will not allow you to make the hours requirement. And even if you do make that required amount of hours, if you call out, OR if your hours are cut even one week....forget about coverage.

Secondly, they are cheap. That's their biggest problem. They don't want to pay anybody holiday time, so they limit the coverage on Holidays. They also tell managers to hire as many people as possible as part time cashiers so they can avoid paying people for full time. All the new and converted stores are built half-assed. It's a high-risk job, as far as retail goes, because the stores get held up really frequently. And no, they aren't all that supportive of the employees involved in hold ups.

The pay for hourlies is disgusting. Especially your nice ten to twenty cent raise.

Especially now, with the company doing godawful in the stocks, they're looking for stupid reasons to fire employees...as opposed to laying people off.

This company is one of those that try to make it look a lot better than it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Doe02 in Greenville, South Carolina

58 months ago

The CCC is a joke. They want to make the company a better place for employees but they'll shoot down every realistic idea. Employee's need a decent wage to live on, efficient store hours, and efficient store machinery that isn't broken to do duties with. There been many stores which I've worked in with talazons not working, busted registers,& faulty phones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

corrie turner in greenwood, South Carolina

57 months ago

I HAVE BEEN WITH RITE AID FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW.I STILL MAKE MINIMUM WAGE .I HAVE NOT MISSED ONE DAY OF WORK. EVEN WHEN I HAD THE FLU MY MANAGER WOULD NOT LET ME GO HOME.I HAVE ASKED FOR MORE PAY,ALL I GET IS THE RUN AROUND.I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN I GRAD.FROM COLLAGE. MAY BE THE HOSPITAL I WORK FOR THEN WILL HAVE A LITTLE MOR RESPECT FPR THERE GOOD EMPLOYES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rockerchick88 in Fort Loudon, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

There is a mixed culture at Rite Aid. Not all of the higher-ups are bad people. There are just a few good people remaining because a lot of them have left because they did not agree with how employees were treated. They have unrealistic expectations of the store-level employees. There is very little praise given to the stores. Overall, the culture is very unethical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

PhillipFry in Seattle, Washington

44 months ago

Whats the culture like? Well our regional manager defected to Costco and the last year there has been 3 different district managers. Not that I think these people ever did anything but that does say a lot about a company when the turnover rate is so high even at upper/midlevel management positions. They sent out a newsletter once saying they had to sell their corporate jets to cut costs and that store level employees should feel sorry for their losses. Without saying much Rite Aid is just bad company culture all around. I feel bad that some of the hardest working people I've ever known have stuck so long with a company that treats them so horribly. Its absolutely bottom rung on how the company respects its employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.