Rite Aid News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Rite Aid stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

dean in Smith River, California

89 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Rite Aid stack up against the competition?

I Quit shopping there years ago,I don't know how they stay in business. The products are over priced, service and morale are lousy. They have turned me way off with their coupons and rebates.
A Rite Aid job is a job of last resort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Thomaston, Georgia

88 months ago

PLEASE READ....
NO!! DO NOT WORK FOR ECKERDS/RITE AID!! I Was A Photo Tech At Eckerd's Before They Were Bought Out By Rite Aid And Trust Me They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR WORKERS. They Jus Want You To Make Their Money. They Are VERY Unfair And LIARS. You Can Apply For Any Position And End Up Running They Whole Store By Yourself Even Though You Have Other People There. Your Raise Is Ridiculous! You Have To Wait A Year For A Raise My First Year I Got A 20 Cent Raise. My Mgr Was So Unfair And The District Mgr Wasn't Any Better Whatsoever. My Mgr Hired Her Best Friend And Started Giving Her All The Hours And Every 5 Min They Will Take A Smoke Break, The Days The Truck Come In She Will Have 3 Ppl Like Herself, And 2 Other Of Her "Shadows" Putting Up Items On A Isle With Her While Everyone Eles Is Working By Themselves And Not Only That Her Best Friend Use To Be A STORE MGR At Another Eckerds Said She Retired From There To Become A CASHIER At Our Store And People She NEVER TOUCHED A REGISTER Because She's Always With My Store Mgr. I Could Go On But People This IS TRUE And TRUST ME DO NOT WORK AT ECKERD'S/ RITE AID!!! They Careless About You And More About THEM NOT YOU Getting That Paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Thomaston, Georgia

88 months ago

Hopefully They Will Shrink And Go Out Of Business, She Is Right They Are Over Priced Although I Heard That Pharmacies Will Always Be Higher Than A Place Like WalMart, When I Was Working At Eckerd's/Rite Aid I Wondered Why People Shop There And Pay So Much For Stuff That You Can Get A Whole Lot Cheaper At Walmart, I Know It's Wrong But When I See People Who Get Stuff I Know It Will Be Cheaper Somewhere Eles I Will Tell Them And Send Them There Because Yea It Is Crazy How High Stuff Is There I Remember The Venus Razor At Eckerd's It Was $12 And At The Other Store I Went To It Was $6 And It Was The Exact Same Only It Came With Everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Dionna Harrison in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Nicole in Thomaston, Georgia said: Hopefully They Will Shrink And Go Out Of Business, She Is Right They Are Over Priced Although I Heard That Pharmacies Will Always Be Higher Than A Place Like WalMart, When I Was Working At Eckerd's/Rite Aid I Wondered Why People Shop There And Pay So Much For Stuff That You Can Get A Whole Lot Cheaper At Walmart, I Know It's Wrong But When I See People Who Get Stuff I Know It Will Be Cheaper Somewhere Eles I Will Tell Them And Send Them There Because Yea It Is Crazy How High Stuff Is There I Remember The Venus Razor At Eckerd's It Was $12 And At The Other Store I Went To It Was $6 And It Was The Exact Same Only It Came With Everything.

Yes, the prices are high but to some older people that do not want to go in the busy business section of town and the gas prices to get there it's worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

D Parker in Greenville, South Carolina

78 months ago

Nicole in Thomaston, Georgia said: Hopefully They Will Shrink And Go Out Of Business, She Is Right They Are Over Priced Although I Heard That Pharmacies Will Always Be Higher Than A Place Like WalMart, When I Was Working At Eckerd's/Rite Aid I Wondered Why People Shop There And Pay So Much For Stuff That You Can Get A Whole Lot Cheaper At Walmart, I Know It's Wrong But When I See People Who Get Stuff I Know It Will Be Cheaper Somewhere Eles I Will Tell Them And Send Them There Because Yea It Is Crazy How High Stuff Is There I Remember The Venus Razor At Eckerd's It Was $12 And At The Other Store I Went To It Was $6 And It Was The Exact Same Only It Came With Everything.

Well Rite-Aid is a store that specializes in a few thing. Wal-Mart on the other hand is a low cost leader. There is a big difference between the two. As a cashier for a business, it is not your job to tell customers that you do not want their business and send them to someone else. If I were your manager, I would have fired you on the spot. I think you are a counter-productive employee and probaly the bad apple of the bunch. I shop at Rite-Aid because it is convenient. I do not like going to Wal-Mart and spending an hour and a half in line for one item. I can go to the pharmacy and they have my prescription in 5 minutes. I can go to Wal-Mart and have to wait in a line of 25 people to get to talk to a pharmacist and then tell me I need to walk around the store so in 30 to 45 more minutes my prescription will be ready.
The difference that I can see is that I live comfortably enough that I can spare a few cents for a lot of minutes saved. Time is money.

David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Doe02 in Greenville, South Carolina

62 months ago

If we make it through to the end of 2010, we are lucky. Even with our stock being at $1.00+ for the past few months, the future isn't bright.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.