How to get a job at Rite Aid.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

Host

Do you work at Rite Aid? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

nedra johnson

89 months ago

How can i get a job a rite-aid doing cashier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (160) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Washington, West Virginia

87 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Rite Aid? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

You don't want to get in with this company. They are the bottom feeders of pharmacy retail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Tommy

87 months ago

dont do it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Port Washington, New York

87 months ago

Tom in Washington, West Virginia said: You don't want to get in with this company. They are the bottom feeders of pharmacy retail.

Tommy,
I work for Eckerd/Brooks. We were bought by Rite Aid.. Do you think I in trouble LOL They say nothing about Photo and I've been a photo tech for 33 years..What do ya think
Michele

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jovifan in Carmichaels, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I work for Rite Aid and have nothing but good things to say about the company i enjoy my job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Glenwood Landing, New York

87 months ago

Thanks for tell me that I feel much better..i look forward to working for Mary Sammons

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Ramshi in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

jovifan in Carmichaels, Pennsylvania said: I work for Rite Aid and have nothing but good things to say about the company i enjoy my job.

Do you work in corporate or in store? I'm sure you work in store, no one in corporate is happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Ramshi in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: Do you work in corporate or in store? I'm sure you work in store, no one in corporate is happy.

Hi Ramshi,
I'm the photo manager but with this company i don't think Rite Aid is really into photo. Oh well

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Michele in Glenwood Landing, New York said: Hi Ramshi,
I'm the photo manager but with this company i don't think Rite Aid is really into photo. Oh well

In six months, please respond to your earlier post stating that you "really look forward to working for Mary Sammons."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Well I change my mind after today. I hate this company. I went from being the photo manager to the photo clerk..How said ..and I had a fight with my manager about being the main register person. I can't do photo and ring all the customers up too.. Looks like my 33years is going to end!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Tuskegee Institute, Alabama

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Rite Aid? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

It's really easy; just fill out the application, and look nice and be well-dressed when you turn it in. I and my manager have hired more people not because of experience but their personality and intelligence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Tuskegee Institute, Alabama

84 months ago

Michele in Port Washington, New York said: Tommy,
I work for Eckerd/Brooks. We were bought by Rite Aid.. Do you think I in trouble LOL They say nothing about Photo and I've been a photo tech for 33 years..What do ya think
Michele

I'm from the Rite Aid clan and know people who are being sent out to help with the aquisition. Did you hear about the trade show? All the buildings they are going to revamp will look way more professional than any of ours do right now...including photo!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Thanks Courtney!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amy in Beaverton, Oregon

84 months ago

Never Ever work for Rite Aid!! They are horrible to their employees and are the bottom of the pay scale for pharmacy technicians. I was there for 2 weeks and started looking for a new job. They are bad news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lpagent in West Covina, California

83 months ago

Well if you ar elooking to get into the world of Lp then sure try riteaid expect to get paid anywhere from 10.25 -11.00 an hr. They have ups and downs people on the east coast where RA ha sthier HQ at think its a good idea to get rid of the entire Lp department every 3 years or so . Right now you will see that rite aid is realizing they are getting their stores shelves swept . Be weary if you choose to work for this POS company .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Thomaston, Georgia

83 months ago

PLEASE READ....
NO!! DO NOT WORK FOR ECKERDS/RITE AID!! I Was A Photo Tech At Eckerd's Before They Were Bought Out By Rite Aid And Trust Me They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR WORKERS. They Jus Want You To Make Their Money. They Are VERY Unfair And LIARS. You Can Apply For Any Position And End Up Running They Whole Store By Yourself Even Though You Have Other People There. Your Raise Is Ridiculous! You Have To Wait A Year For A Raise My First Year I Got A 20 Cent Raise. My Mgr Was So Unfair And The District Mgr Wasn't Any Better Whatsoever. My Mgr Hired Her Best Friend And Started Giving Her All The Hours And Every 5 Min They Will Take A Smoke Break, The Days The Truck Come In She Will Have 3 Ppl Like Herself, And 2 Other Of Her "Shadows" Putting Up Items On A Isle With Her While Everyone Eles Is Working By Themselves And Not Only That Her Best Friend Use To Be A STORE MGR At Another Eckerds Said She Retired From There To Become A CASHIER At Our Store And People She NEVER TOUCHED A REGISTER Because She's Always With My Store Mgr. I Could Go On But People This IS TRUE And TRUST ME DO NOT WORK AT ECKERD'S/ RITE AID!!! They Careless About You And More About THEM NOT YOU Getting That Paper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole- former thank god, photo tech in Thomaston, Georgia

83 months ago

Michele in Glenwood Landing, New York said: Well I change my mind after today. I hate this company. I went from being the photo manager to the photo clerk..How said ..and I had a fight with my manager about being the main register person. I can't do photo and ring all the customers up too.. Looks like my 33years is going to end!!

It Was The Same When I Was Working At Eckerd's/ Rite Aid To, It Was Me My Store Mgr, A Photo Assoc, And A Suppose To Be Cashier At Work One Day My Mgr Wanted Me To Run Photo And Cashier At The Sametime While They Take A 20 Min Smoke Break When I Already Had 22 Rolls Of Film So I Told Her "NO" You Wouldn't Believe How Unfair They Would Try To Be I Wouldn't Reccommend ANYONE To Work There. I Know Everyone Isn't Like That But We Have 3 Rite Aids Here In The Same City And They Are All The Same And I Know This Because They Moved Me Around To Train

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Nicole,
Thanks for your comments. We're you in the union?? I was just wondering. I know alot of stores are in it up here in New York. This main Reg thing has to go ..I just don't get it...I'm too trilled about this acusition..

Thanks Michele

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bluedreams in Hanover, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Does anyone work at the corporate Rite Aid in Camp HIll, PA? I was just offered a job there, but not sure if I want to take it. They only offered me a $1.50 more than I make at my current job. At Rite Aid you 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months, whereas at my current job I get 3 weeks (and was after 3 months), and in a few months I get an additional week vacation. The health insurance is more at Rite Aid as well. It's mostly negative about working at Rite Aid, but I am wondering if it would be a good opportunity to work at Rite Aid, but hearing what you are saying, I do not know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

BKL in Sellersburg, Indiana

83 months ago

I am a store manager for Rite Aid in Louisville ky, I enjoy my position and my store very much, I work with my associates however I can. Nicole, sounds like you had a manager who didn't take care of their people. If any of my photo techs had 22 rolls of film to do, I would help them, or assign someone to take care of customers while the film was completed. I understand how you feel, but every manager isn't like the one you had, my store and my district are always tring to do the right thing for our associates and our store.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Meh in Oregon

81 months ago

This is an old posting I relieze,but just incase someone Googles, "Rite Aid hates their cashiers." too.

20 cent raises is correct,once every year.

I've been there for quite sometime and this company does NOT care about its cashiers.
They put out a quarterly newsletter about how they snag cashiers trying to steal from the company which personally I don't see how that is anyones business how many people they snag.
A deterrent?
One story even blatantly wrote that,"We'd like to think our cashiers as being honest,but unfortunately this is not the case" is pretty much a slap in the face of actual honest cashiers whom are already fighting each other over hours Rite Aid gives which isn't much,seniority does'nt mean squat.

Cashier to this company are basically a dime a dozen to them,you ARE replaceable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Megan Wilson in East Liverpool, Ohio

80 months ago

OMG! I work for rite aid too and i am tryin to get out of it! seniority means nothing, i was suppose to be a shift supervisor and they just hired a girl that NEVER worked for rite aid and put her above me! ive been there for 4 years and their best worker and all they have me do is slave slave slave! the people that sit on their ass get paid the most and they always hire friends so they can make u do all the work. f rite aid, they can take my promotion and shove it up their f-in a%s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Megan Wilson in East Liverpool, Ohio

80 months ago

I wanted to also say that they make u do 20 things at one time and when u need a managers code, they never come up , they make u look like a dumb ass in front of customers that are waiting
...i want to quit so bad,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steven M in Beckley, West Virginia

78 months ago

I work for Rite Aid and I think it is horrible. I have worked for Walgreens in as a Pharmacy Technician before, Walgreens is a lovely company, they know where they are going, pay well, respect you, give you perks such as insurance after 90 days and profit sharing and so forth. However I moved back up here got on with Rite Aid to be a Pharm Tech. The stores in this area are union (which supposedly sets the pay rates). I started at minimum wage 5.85 as a Tech, in a store doing almost 500 scripts a day, I switched to the Front End as a cashier because I was not doing all that work for no pay. I recently found out that another store in the area is paying pharm techs somewhere around 9-10 and hour because it is a "Hard to staff store" which would mean that Rite aid went above union to pay that so that is one thing they are horrible about. Its unfair and they have bad business practices. Now as far as my last 9 months on the Front end. The photo lab is right behind the registers kinda like a two in one deal. So you are the Cashier and Photo Tech, which is very difficult sometimes. If you have customers in line dont expect anyone to help you on the register, customers get upset and leave, cuss you out and I have even had a guy threaten me. The company itself doesnt care about anyone except upper management, they are so afraid employees are stealing from them that i have to basically have a managers number to do everything and i mean everything even if i void 1 item! Everyone leaves at one time and ur left alone, they go on smoke breaks which last 15 minutes almost every hour which you dont get unless you "smoke", you hardly ever get a lunch, you basically run the entire store by yourself. They blame the cashiers for everything so expect to get screamed at for even the most retarded stuff! Rite out horrible company!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany888 in Carrollton, Georgia

77 months ago

can anyone tell me how much I would make starting out as a cashier for Rite Aid and if they get every week or every two weeks... thanks so much...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ButtFeces in Charleston, South Carolina

77 months ago

I say runnnnnnnnn!!!!!! Runnnnnnnnnnn to another minimum wage laid back job!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hanif in New York, New York

75 months ago

Hi this is md,hanif me looking for job,if you anything for me please call me 347-259-7428

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patriarch in Glenwood, Arkansas

74 months ago

I'VE WORKED FOR RITE AID TWICE AND BOTH TIMES I WAS LET DOWN.

I AM USUALLY NOT ONE TO HATE ON COMPANY'S I'VE WORKED FOR. HOWEVER, THIS COMPANY PULLS THE NEGATIVITY OUT OF YOU. FOR SOME THIS IS THE IDEAL JOB/CAREER. FOR OTHERS LIKE MYSELF{THOSE WHO CAN THINK FOR THEMSELVES} THIS WOULD NOT BE THE IDEA JOB/CAREER.

THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN SO FOCUSED ON WINNING CUSTOMERS BACK THAT THEY (CORPORATE) HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE ASSOCIATES AND MANAGERS WHO TRULY LOVE WHAT THEY DO. I WAS RECENTLY FIRED FROM THIS COMPANY BECAUSE MY INTEGRITY CAME INTO QUESTION. WHAT ABOUT THE INTEGRITY OF THE COMPANY WHO HAS TO FOCUS 10 VIDEO CAMERAS ON THEIR EMPLOYEES AND NOT ONE ON THE CUSTOMERS WHO'S STEALING $60 WORTH OF MAKE-UP DAILY.
BECAUSE OF THEIR INCAPABILITIES OF RELEASING SOME TRUE MONEY ON PAYROLL I DO NOT SEE THIS COMPANY MAINTAING ALL OF THE ACQUIRED STORES THEY RECENTLY INTERGRATED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anky in moga, India

73 months ago

can anyone tell me? i want to know the detail of working person in this company as pharmacist.
how can i know this detail. Can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

guyana girl in Brooklyn, New York

72 months ago

how can i apply at rite aid phamarcy i tried all ways i need help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PRINCETON in Branson, Missouri

72 months ago

THE BEST THING TO DO IS TALK TO THE MANAGING PHARMACIST. THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF THEIR ARE POSITIONS OPEN. BE AWARE AND SURE THAT THIS IS THE COMPANY YOU WANT TO WORK FOR AND THE JOB YOU TRULY WANT TO DO. THIS COMPANY IS CORPORATE RAN AND WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYTHING LESS THAN PERFECTION. THEY WILL POLICY YOU TILL YOU GET AMNESIA AND TRAIN YOU TILL YOU CAN'T THINK FOR YOURSELF.

TAKE MY WORD FOR TRUTH. I'VE WORKED FOR THEM TWICE AND IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN? I DON'T THINK I WOULD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wally1 in perryman, Maryland

65 months ago

Dont,they dont care.We just had our DC human resource manager fired for miss apropriating funds.You would think they would have him arrested,nope they just let him resign.We also have a theft ring going on at our distribution center,where there is millions of dollars of product missing,They think it was taken out in tractor trailer loads.So why is security not being looked at because you cant get out of the distribution center without your trailer being checked.They havent even fired any security over that,they just fired a couple of associates they thought might be involved.And they can fire them because in Maryland they dont have to have a reason to fire you,its a "at will state"which means they can fire you over nothing.And RITE AID uses this policy alot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tea

61 months ago

does anyone know how to delete posts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dottie

61 months ago

im gonna try my shot at getting into rite aid too
i wonder what their starting pay is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

plaid2009

61 months ago

what type of questions do managers ask you on an interview to become cashier??
thanks guyss!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ecto in Ocean Springs, Mississippi

59 months ago

Work for RiteAid if you want low pay and zero job security. They are about to go under. they give you a 2% per raise you will be making minimum wage, managers only make like $1.50 more per hour than a casher. a stocker at walmart makes more than a manager at RiteAid. when they calculate your pay they won't even round to the nearest penny so you so say you were working there for 3 years and you could be making $7.37 and .5 cents. then minimum wage bumps up to $7.25 guess what your making nearly minimum wage again! they don't care. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, Don't even go there to shop. they are incompetent. They don't care about their employees at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mariah in Haverhill, Massachusetts

43 months ago

Tom in Washington, West Virginia said: You don't want to get in with this company. They are the bottom feeders of pharmacy retail.

This company is indeed absolutely horrid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Megan Wilson in East Liverpool, Ohio said: OMG! I work for rite aid too and i am tryin to get out of it! seniority means nothing, i was suppose to be a shift supervisor and they just hired a girl that NEVER worked for rite aid and put her above me! ive been there for 4 years and their best worker and all they have me do is slave slave slave! the people that sit on their ass get paid the most and they always hire friends so they can make u do all the work. f rite aid, they can take my promotion and shove it up their f-in a%s.

CVS is the place to go if you are mistreated. I have worked and known people who have worked at cvs's and I have also worked at Rite aid and I must say CVS is so much better. they treat you better and the benefits are better and senority does count.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

ny said: Hey, I really want to get a job. I want to work at rite aid. i do feel a bit scared to go in. how do i get a job there? do i get the appliation online or from the store? i want to be a regular cashier..

and what is the interview like, what does the manager ask you?
do you have to take any basic math test?

i dont have any work experience. but i do have a BA in psych.
not having any work experience, how much will this ruin my chances of getting through?

please help by answering

Make sure you are pretty and be nice and basically kiss ass and tell them all the stuff you love to do that they want to here (i.e. I love people and I love cleaning and stuff like that)

if they think you are pretty and charming enough they hire you. They still do paper applications I think.

just remember this company is not stable they keep getting bought out and they will fire you if you not 100% to the next company's standards so be careful when applying there. I always say CVS is your best bet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RiteEmployee in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

It can be hard to get in depending on what store you want to work at. It took me two tries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

toaster520 in San Diego, California

3 months ago

look technology took your job not rite aid who uses a photo department and needs a photo tech???? lol cmon take responsibility for your actions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.