Rite Aid Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 127)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Rite Aid?

What do you like best about working at Rite Aid? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Ridgecrest, California

84 months ago

Does anyone know how much an assistant manager at Rite Aid in California makes? Or in any state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (509) / No (64) Reply - Report abuse

nek in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

84 months ago

Michelle in Ridgecrest, California said: Does anyone know how much an assistant manager at Rite Aid in California makes? Or in any state?

I just quit Rite Aid because they treat their mngmnt very poorly. Because of this they lose people and that is why you always see the job posted. I started at 32k/yr, which is not bad, but is it worth 60 hrs a week?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

D in Houtzdale, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

They need to pay thier employees on Payday not 3 days later. this is the 2nd time in 4 weeks that our local rite aid hasn't gave any check to the employees. This is not legal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Former Rite Aid GM in Abington, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Rite Aid loves to mess up pay checks. If you work in PA the Head Quarters in Harrisburg is the worst. The two stores I managed always had payroll issues. I heard it is company wide because of the outdated system. I always had to do pay cash advances to keep my cashiers happy. Then two weeks later they had to pay the money back so they would get a check for ZERO. Basically this means you received a cash advance for the $250 due to you since your check didn't come. Then your next paycheck would be okay. WRONG Rite AId would mess up the next check and the cashiers next paycheck two weeks later would be zero yes thats right zero because headquarters would make the same mistake two weeks later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Toledo, Ohio

82 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Rite Aid?

What do you like best about working at Rite Aid? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

$6.95 an hour for cashiers/janitor/stock person, no raise's for a year. No lunch break. You have a choice, two 15 min breaks or one 30 min lunch in a 8 hour shift. No special anything. Zig zag hours, I quite after two days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Toledo, Ohio

82 months ago

They pay 6.95 an hour for Cashier/janitor/stock person. This is part of the job. They give you a choice, ONE 30 min lunch, OR two 15 min breaks for an 8 hour shift. Your hours are not regular, they zig Zag. There are no bonus's and no raises for a year. Management are not treated that well, they are expected to do stock work ( stocking shelves and priceing )just like the cashiers. Way to much for the pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

D in Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I completely understand everyone's point of view here. I am a bit more fortunate to work in the Rx part of Rite Aid. Where the pay scale is better and the hours are too. But I must admit, as far as the Paychecks...if you do no have direct deposit you mine as well not need any money on Fridays. My check was late (5 Days late) 2 times. I soon there after got direct deposit. The turnover in most stores is about 80% or higher. The hours are horrible, the pay is terrible, not enough to live on, and this part makes me wonder how the company doesn't get in trouble. They constantly violate the Labor Laws, by not giving lunches or regular breaks. I stand at the counter type in prescriptions and shove food down my throat and barely make it out to go to the bathroom most days. some days I don't have time to eat in an 8 hour period, because we are understaffed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

raj dev in Spartanburg, South Carolina

82 months ago

hi well i believe you are one of teh very few who are happy with rite aid and my message to th eHR and Top management people is that you got to get to the core of the problem to be successful and leaders are not purchsed from market for an X amount of dollar but they are churned and made and so when ever you dream of rite aid being another CVS or WAGREENS I would say pls wake up and wash your face ......Honestly Rite Aid is truly not doing good either training or customer service field too .....anyways tht is my opinion and exp. with them ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sdunlap in Torrington, Connecticut

82 months ago

I was under the impression that all Brooks/Eckerd employees were going to be kept at their vacation policy as it stood when they were hired, not being changed over to Rite Aid vacation policy ever. As for sick time, I don't know of any company that allowed as much as Brooks did. Seven sick days and two personal days per year. That allows associates to be absent from work almost once a month! As a manager, I do not want my associates to be absent once a month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

First of all, I did a search for Rite Aid information regarding something else, and found this forum, and decided to take a peek. I was not "on" a job search website. Second, I have been employed by Brooks Pharmacy...until the Rite Aid merger. Third, I said 9 absences is "almost" once a month. The unfortunate thing is that most associates do not realize the unbelievable amount of work involved in running the store. I put in no less than 60 hours a week from September to December. I work holidays, weekends, my days off. The store needs to operate as any team or pit crew, all of us working together to get things done. If there are 8 associates and they each miss work 9 times a year, that's a lot of balls being dropped. My grandfather worked for a company that fired people for calling in sick twice a year. I believe if you have a job, and they are paying you, you have a responsibility to be there. It's called work ethic, taking pride in the work that you do. I do what I do because I believe in working hard and taking pride in what I accomplish. I'm afraid that is a long lost art. Didn't mean to stir up so much anger in you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

whatever in Kingston, New York

82 months ago

maybe they will not use it like that. what if they are..i dunno...SICK!! Almost 9 days a year is not alot of time if you are genuinely sick two times in one year.Lymes disease knocked me out for a week at least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Anyway, this debate doesn't even matter, because this was a Brooks policy, and it is no longer. And if someone had lyme's disease or was going through cancer, or was laid up with the flu or had surgery, those are all different matters.

It is an issue when someone calls in every time they get the sniffles. Or has a headache. Or is tired. Or stayed out too late last night. I can't speak for everyone, but I know in my particular store, most sick time is not used for serious illness. And maybe a person doesn't feel well on Tuesday, but they feel fine on Friday, their regular day off, and could come in that day to make up their hours, and pitch in, instead of leaving the burden to their co-workers. That is the real burden when people miss too many days.

If you think about how much money a company can save by not paying 8 people for 7 sick days...56 days worth of sick time in a year, times thousands of stores, for work not performed...well, maybe that money saved can be better spent someplace else. If you think of the business in the same manner as your household budget...it's a no brainer that you have to cut back on your expenses in order to save money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney in Auburn, Alabama

82 months ago

Hi! I'm from the original Rite Aid crew. I've only had good experiences with the managers and other bosses. You seem to be like the other people from BE I've met...wonderful with a great sense of what is "right" to do in the business world. I guess as you called it - work ethic. I'm so happy to have merged with people like you, and I love that RA is using some of BE ideas, because they really seemed to take care of their customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Nancy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: RA's pay and benefits are below average for most jobs, but close to average for Rph's. Their benefits for hourly employees are poor, as hourly are quite expendable, so a high turnover is expected and even desired - to keep wages low, at entry level.

All Eckerd hourly lost all their sick days, and some lost a weeks vacation when they joined RA last month after the Eckerd/Brooks purchase. RA prides itself on keeping employees' wages and benefit @ the lowest level possible, so it's not a great place to work. The people who are doing well at RA do so at the expense of 98% of the workforce. Wall Street loves what they are doing to their hourly employees, but the employees don't share that joy. It's the bottom of the barrel.

Tech salary has been debated by all the chain drug stores that I have worked for. With the BE aquisition, I know there are people working to make hours, salaries, benefits, or all of the above better so they will be more competative in more than just pharmacist salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Former Rite Aid GM in Abington, Pennsylvania said: My misery with Rite Aid is over. I worked there about 2 years ago and it was torture. They hired me as an Assistant Manager making $35,000 not bad while training and getting overtime. After training you are know working 50 hours a week minimum. Know that messed up because salaries are based on 40 hours a week right, wrong not at Rite Aid. They will offer you promotions left and right because they have high turnover in management. They will fire most managers for having one bad inventory. The stores are inventoried 3 times a year. While working there for a year I had 5 out of the mandatory 8 weeks training. They pulled me out of training early because an assistant manager was fired. Then I was an Assistant Manager for a month before being promoted to a General manger making $45,000. Sounds great wrong now they wanted me to work 60 hours a week. Most times 6 days a week. I was promoted to GM quickly because a GM was fired for theft. Bottom line to the story. The General Manager is always the scapegoat to whats wrong in the store. He or She is always over worked with no congratulations or recognition. One bad inventory goodbye. Stay as an Assistant Manager you will have alot less responsibiity and you make more hour by hour.

I've worked with RA for 2 years, and our store only had one inventory per year. Assistant managers get paid by the hour, right? So you may have been expected by the store manager to be there that often, but that's not common. Every salaried person is based on an average of a 40-hour work week, and store managers are the only ones who don't clock in to get paid by the hour. If you worked over 40 or so hours, you got paid overtime pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Former Rite Aid GM in Abington, Pennsylvania said: Oh yeah I forgot to mention Rite Aid loves to mess up pay checks. If you work in PA the Head Quarters in Harrisburg is the worst. The two stores I managed always had payroll issues. I heard it is company wide because of the outdated system. I always had to do pay cash advances to keep my cashiers happy. Then two weeks later they had to pay the money back so they would get a check for ZERO. Basically this means you received a cash advance for the $250 due to you since your check didn't come. Then your next paycheck would be okay. WRONG Rite AId would mess up the next check and the cashiers next paycheck two weeks later would be zero yes thats right zero because headquarters would make the same mistake two weeks later.

I've never had a problem with my or my technician's checks. It sounds like there was an area or store problem. And aren't you not supposed to give cash advances from the register? That could be why your store was messed up. it looks like a loss prevention issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

D in Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania said: I completely understand everyone's point of view here. I am a bit more fortunate to work in the Rx part of Rite Aid. Where the pay scale is better and the hours are too. But I must admit, as far as the Paychecks...if you do no have direct deposit you mine as well not need any money on Fridays. My check was late (5 Days late) 2 times. I soon there after got direct deposit. The turnover in most stores is about 80% or higher. The hours are horrible, the pay is terrible, not enough to live on, and this part makes me wonder how the company doesn't get in trouble. They constantly violate the Labor Laws, by not giving lunches or regular breaks. I stand at the counter type in prescriptions and shove food down my throat and barely make it out to go to the bathroom most days. some days I don't have time to eat in an 8 hour period, because we are understaffed.

You know you are legally allowed breaks and a lunch. If you chose not to take one, you will get paid for the time instead of using it to eat...so it's your choice to not clock out and eat at the computer, or to clock out to do what you want for an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Courtney in Auburn, Alabama said: Hi! I'm from the original Rite Aid crew. I've only had good experiences with the managers and other bosses. You seem to be like the other people from BE I've met...wonderful with a great sense of what is "right" to do in the business world. I guess as you called it - work ethic. I'm so happy to have merged with people like you, and I love that RA is using some of BE ideas, because they really seemed to take care of their customers.

Thank you. It is extremely tough right now, with everything going on, getting the stores converted. I expect it will get much worse before it gets better. Some days I don't think I will survive, but I am looking forward to coming out on the other side, and having life get back to normal. Thank you for your positive words. It makes me remember why I love the work I do!

I think too many people forget that it's called "work" for a reason, and they take a job expecting lots of pay for little work, and want to be catered to at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Courtney in Auburn, Alabama said: You know you are legally allowed breaks and a lunch. If you chose not to take one, you will get paid for the time instead of using it to eat...so it's your choice to not clock out and eat at the computer, or to clock out to do what you want for an hour.

And in addition, there are states that do not have laws regarding breaks. Here in CT, there is no state law regarding 15 minute breaks, only that for an 8 hour shift, there has to be a 30 minute unpaid meal break given.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salmot in Hilton, New York

82 months ago

How is working at Rite Aid better than Walgreens? Is NextGen superior to the Intercomm Plus system? What Brooks/Eckerd methods of business has Rite Aid adopted?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BKL in Sellersburg, Indiana

82 months ago

I am a Rite Aid store manager in Louisville Kentucky, my experience with the company has been awesome. I am salaried at 50 hrs a week but most weeks I work 45 hrs. I take pride in my store, it is most always neat and tidy, we score in the 80%'s on customer service. I treat the associates that work for me like family. In Response to comments from above.
-The former Rite Aid GM, you sound like you would be lots of fun to work for. ha

-whatever in kingston ny, if my people are sick, their sick, they can miss work, I will work with them however I can. A good manager works with their people.

-Sherry in toledo, a good manager will never ask their people to do somthing they are not willing to do themselves, for example, price changes, stock, ect.

-asdf in america, it is your opinion that Rite Aid has poor managers, but my associates would disagree with you.
For the record, I have worked for Rite Aid for almost 3 years. I am a college grad from IU with a degree in business. I am 27 years old, and I have never received a late paycheck.
thanks,
you all have a wonderful night, I am off tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Helen Russin in Brooklyn, New York

81 months ago

Former Eckerd,Genovese I was hoping that we will have a union with all benefits,instead we lost what we had.My manager recives crazy e-mails from DM's on a daily basis regarding proper handling of questions about benefits(union),lost of sick time and so on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mary rigney in Versailles, Kentucky

81 months ago

I have a friend who says he was just hired at Rite Aid in Rochester, NY - he has only an AA degree in Interior Design.....and he says he makes 22. 50 per hour. Is he making this up or is it logical?? Sounds fishy to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Colona, Illinois

81 months ago

I doubt he makes that unless he has a lot of management experience and is the store manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

raj dev in Spartanburg, South Carolina

81 months ago

Hi ,
I appreciate your positive outlook towards the company but ihonestly dont think its doing the right thing and i believe that this company has a lot of potential to be number 1 but and only but if the management does the right thing ethical things and adopt in true sense honesty and be focused on totally customer service oreinted..which i barely see there are many excellen management training tools in market and i am sure if walmart walgreens are successful then they are for a reason..and rite aid really needs to pay close attention and learn as quickly as possible as time is money...
Good Luck to one and all.

sdunlap in Torrington, Connecticut said: Thank you. It is extremely tough right now, with everything going on, getting the stores converted. I expect it will get much worse before it gets better. Some days I don't think I will survive, but I am looking forward to coming out on the other side, and having life get back to normal. Thank you for your positive words. It makes me remember why I love the work I do!

I think too many people forget that it's called "work" for a reason, and they take a job expecting lots of pay for little work, and want to be catered to at the same time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

raj dev in atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

Hi ,
Nothing offensive but to my understanding one or 2 good managers would not make a diff. here the issue is of the whole management system remeber when u say u think ur subordinates re happy then i am sorry to say my friend u are wrong, and with your masters in management u do not realise the inner meaning of that statement?in short i would say ask any employee of rite aid about their honest opinion and compare it with the same quesitons and answers with the employees of your competitor ...Itgives you a picture of success...
Hope you get the point..
Good luck .

BKL in Sellersburg, Indiana said: I am a Rite Aid store manager in Louisville Kentucky, my experience with the company has been awesome. I am salaried at 50 hrs a week but most weeks I work 45 hrs. I take pride in my store, it is most always neat and tidy, we score in the 80%'s on customer service. I treat the associates that work for me like family. In Response to comments from above.
-The former Rite Aid GM, you sound like you would be lots of fun to work for. ha

-whatever in kingston ny, if my people are sick, their sick, they can miss work, I will work with them however I can. A good manager works with their people.

-Sherry in toledo, a good manager will never ask their people to do somthing they are not willing to do themselves, for example, price changes, stock, ect.

-asdf in america, it is your opinion that Rite Aid has poor managers, but my associates would disagree with you.
For the record, I have worked for Rite Aid for almost 3 years. I am a college grad from IU with a degree in business. I am 27 years old, and I have never received a late paycheck.
thanks,
you all have a wonderful night, I am off tomorrow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Courtney in Auburn, Alabama said: Hi! I'm from the original Rite Aid crew. I've only had good experiences with the managers and other bosses. You seem to be like the other people from BE I've met...wonderful with a great sense of what is "right" to do in the business world. I guess as you called it - work ethic. I'm so happy to have merged with people like you, and I love that RA is using some of BE ideas, because they really seemed to take care of their customers.

Hi Well i am just sorry to say this but my pharmacist has this problem every pay period she is short on her paycheck sometime by 500 or sometimes upto 2000 (she does a lot of OT at her store as its a one pharmacist store) and i feel sorry for her as she keeps telling me that she has to email the scheduler every week about the discrepencies in every pay check of late it jsut drives me mad and i just asked her why in the world des she keep quite?? No idea but i feel its not a competent management and i see that things might not improve even with this merger sorry that we sometimes dont learn form our mistakes....
God Help US!!!
Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

hi there ,
I am not sure about you but me and some of my colleagues have this trouble they ask you to work overtime and no doubt they pay you only 6 dollars as OT but when u put in 40 hours of OT and you dont even get paid for it would you work for them and this is nt onetime it happens to atleast 3 people every pay period all i understand is Rite aid is so incompetent to pay its employees poor performance no ethics at all and definately they are safe until labor department doesnot know about it the day they know i am not sure if it would even be able to emerge from Bankruptcy or not!!!
good luck to all

Courtney in Tuskegee Institute, Alabama said: If you're a regular pharmacist, the pay scale is relatively the same across theboard for all major chains. Walgreens has a good 401K, but they watch you like Big Brother. Rite Aid is a corporation with a small time feel. I've been there for 2 years now. You get paid good money, depending on the job type. If you have any more questions, just email me at courtneydunlap@bellsouth.net. I've changed stores and companies every year or two til I came to this one. I'll be happy to share any info I've got. Just let me know, and good luck job hunting! courtney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Mr_Green 13 in Freezing in, Michigan

80 months ago

Can anyone tell me if there's a pay difference between someone who is a RX Cashier and someone whose an RX technician? Also, does anyone know how long an employee has to work before benefits kick in.
Thanks for any help i receive.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

hdianab in ASHEBORO, North Carolina

78 months ago

Courtney in Tuskegee Institute, Alabama said: I just gave my tech a raise to $11 per hour, and she's not management. Her boyfriend works at a different store as an assistant manager, so I know he makes more than she does. He came in with only a high school diploma and no retail experience, then in 1 year was promoted to "key", then in 3 months to assistant manager. California is way more expensive than Alabama, so I'm sure they should make more there. courtney

AT the RA where my husband works he has been there 2 years as a Lead Photo Tech and almost 1 year doing lead photo/ key holder(night manager)and he only makes $8.25 and both of his annual raises were little to nothing and several months late! so maybe they do make more there but the pay here is terrible!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dionna Harrison in New Oxford, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I just do not understand even though I started out as a pharmacy tech., that Rite Aid pays more to a tech/cashier than they do for a person that when a store manager or assistant isn't in which is allot because they have very few personnel and we have to cover everything. We protect the company assets and are responsible for the customers and personnel while we are on duty. I make after 3 years only 8.35 an hour and have been informed of 1 pt and 1 ditsy full time tech getting 2.00 raises. If anyone complains about pharmacy I'm the one whom must solve the problem, appologize and try a sooth things over so that the customer doesn't call corporate to complain. I have had customers come up to me at first screaming because some oldtime tech treated them rudly and had to assure them that I would talk with them. Which I do and they try to look down on me but everytime something like that happens I'm the one that sooths things out and have to report to my manager about the incedent. I work weekends, holidays, days, nights, at our store we have the specials whom only work 9-5 no weekends and one of them are a key carrier. She also since I started working thier has taken many of my advise in reporting incedents because although she has been there longer than I, I've been an assistant manager at Sears Hardware, Department Manager at Lowes, excutive secretary for a Rowe International. I originally took this job as part time. After 2 months I was working full time because of course people quit quickly there and all Rite Aids. It took my boss almost 2 years to put me to full time, his excuse was that they had to go through the channels even though I was working an average of 52.plus a week. I even asked my DM when I would start getting benifits and vacation time. Well after two years and being used as a working horse my body has started to let me down. But all the techs that sit on their buts make more than I do. Whats wrong with this picture?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Fletch in Vancouver, British Columbia

78 months ago

how much contact do you have with head office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Former Rite Aid GM in Abington, Pennsylvania said: My misery with Rite Aid is over. I worked there about 2 years ago and it was torture. They hired me as an Assistant Manager making $35,000 not bad while training and getting overtime. After training you are know working 50 hours a week minimum. Know that messed up because salaries are based on 40 hours a week right, wrong not at Rite Aid. They will offer you promotions left and right because they have high turnover in management. They will fire most managers for having one bad inventory. The stores are inventoried 3 times a year. While working there for a year I had 5 out of the mandatory 8 weeks training. They pulled me out of training early because an assistant manager was fired. Then I was an Assistant Manager for a month before being promoted to a General manger making $45,000. Sounds great wrong now they wanted me to work 60 hours a week. Most times 6 days a week. I was promoted to GM quickly because a GM was fired for theft. Bottom line to the story. The General Manager is always the scapegoat to whats wrong in the store. He or She is always over worked with no congratulations or recognition. One bad inventory goodbye. Stay as an Assistant Manager you will have alot less responsibiity and you make more hour by hour.

how did the Eckerd's integration affect your reporting requirements?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wake Girly in Winston Salem, North Carolina

78 months ago

I got stuck with Rite Aid when they bought out Eckerd. I had been with Eckerd for 7 years. I'm a Store Manager and i am trying everything i can to get out. They have cut our payroll so bad that it has come down to the manager running the store with no help. I work an average of 60 hours a week, 3 weekends a month and its not worth it for the pay. You only get a bonus if your store makes sales plan. No store is even close to making sales plan. The benefits are ok but nothing to brag about. I hate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

that sounds rough, I'm sorry...do other managers you know share your view? when you say that no store is making sales plan...how widespread is this shortfall, do you see reports outside your region?
appreciate your thoughts...hang in there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JRB in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

No Name in Etters, Pennsylvania said: You say 32k/yr "is not bad"?! Maybe that is not bad for an admin or clerical position, but you say you were in management. 32k is VERY poor for ANY type of management/supervisor job. And if you did work 60hrs per week, you were making $10.25 per hour. McD's pays around $8, and Walmart between $8-$10. Rite Aid is cheap and does not pay decent wages. Can't blame you for leaving.

I worked for Eckerds six and a half years South Atlanta Ga was fired for opening the drop box five mins before closing we were robbed No write up warning or anything and it was the best thing to happen to me Eckerds is the worse place to work and I have been told by mangers Rite Aid is even worse we did not no how great we had it when we were with J C pennys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nsaaa nsaaa in Mantua, New Jersey

77 months ago

i have worked in my RITEAID store since i was 16, about 2 years, i was hired in at minimum wage as a front end cashier/stock/phototech,. My riteaid is a union supported workplace making 10 cents every 6 months my pay rate increase, i have to work 40 hours everyweek for one year to be eligible for 1 week vaction 5 years full time for 2 years vacation, and 10 years to get 3 weeks. ITS SICK. i get only 2 personal days, and it only gets worse. recently since the brooks eckerd purchase, MY RVP got canned to be replaced by an OVERPAYED replacement, and the RVP redistricted my region so my DM a 20 year senior at riteaid was given the choice to leave or to be demoted to a store manager. Same is withthe PDM. since the purchase it seeems riteaid used us to get eckerds and now is firing devoted people who helped get riteaid where it is, to hire cheap backstabbing replacements. ANd its not just mary sammons running it. she is now assisted by an eckerd CEO, and come november when her contract is up, she too gets canned. RITEAID also reduced the dicounted items your recieve with a discount. NOW milk eggs butter and bread are no longer a discountable item as an associate. im waiting for rite aid to just dropp the discount all together. im only staying at riteaid becuase i need a job and they have my hours .. my manager is thinking shes gunna get canned soon to because she is using up too much payroll to staff the store. RA wants her to have 1 manager and 1 cashier only everyday including truck day in a 7-11 store. its impossible. Rite aid needs to get up off the money. before it loses associates and coustomers. not to mention that my store in NJ is built on a toxic gas staition wth tanks still in the ground as we are being poisned.

im done.

questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Port Washington, New York

76 months ago

Hellen, I'm also a Brooks Eckerd former employee
Does anyone know if Rite Aid is going to take my 5 weeks vacation away from me ?? I'm very upset about this..sick days are ok but vacation is not fair.. And what is this percetage they give you till your annivasary date?? I was a Photo tech for 35 year with Genovese Brook eckerd and now I'm a nothing!! I can see rite Aid is not into Photo. Just my opinion.. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Denise Yonkers in New Eagle, Pennsylvania said: I am a former Eckerd employee and I did'nt lose any vacation or sick time with Rite Aid. In fact, I gained a weeks vacation that I recently took. I called Human Resources and they gave me all of this information about my benefits.

Denise are you in the union??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric R in Jackson Heights, New York

76 months ago

Payroll cuts have caused a dramatic influence in store conditions, and customer service. How can you make your customers satisfied when you have no one to help them on the sales floor, not enough people to pack out, not enough people to ring, not enough people to face, price changes, planos, I can keep going. So that means that the store manager must do it all? Hell no, I do not get paid for all that bs. But My DM said it must GET done no matter what. Nice.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bucki in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

And they wonder how unions get started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

we should make a union for salary ee's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

bucki in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a former employee so I dont care but becareful what you post I am sure HR reads these posts

I'm really not saying anything that not true.I understand what you mean tho

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

They may read them (which I doubt) they are not going to do anything about it anyway. They figure everyone is dispensable and no one erreplacable. They will use you till you scream uncle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I've learned to work with you you've got and if you ever get a visit, well, you, are doing the best that you can, and the payroll dollars you are given for any given week is the reflection on store conditions. Lets see how they will react when all stores are suffering. Will thet raise your payroll, perhaps, but probably not as much, and even if they do, will they begin to lose even more money? So my question is, how will we ever get out of this funk? Who is responsible. Do we have to start selling water to the well?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Michele in Port Washington, New York said: Eric,
I feel for you!! I'm in the Glen Cove store and nothing is getting done. I go from photo.. to plan-o ..to cashier to ..Pack out and on and on ..It is so sad to see this place go down the tube because of the cuts..I really can't get anything done Just me and the Manager and of course the Pharmists..OH Mary Sammons whats a girl to do !!

Good to know I am not alone! I am a BE person, and I so looked forward to this conversion, thinking it was going to be better, but I gotta say...3 weeks after conversion, I come home crying almost every day. I am used to being able to work hard, up to 60 hours a week, to have all my planos done, recalls, price changes up to date, and my store looking good. Now it seems I have to work 70 hours just to be behind! I spend so much time in the office...and I have lost about 80 payroll hours.
Now I'm being told that all work must stop at 5 pm and only facing can be done? There's enough work for us to keep working until midnight! And with one cashier and one manager, not much facing or anything else is getting done after 5 pm anyway!And all I ever hear is yes, it's difficult, but it can be done. I would like for someone to tell me HOW!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Let's tell upper mgmt to see if they can do what we are going through

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I hate to say this but you must act almost like a family. One picks up where the other is not well at, and the other does what he or she is good at. I have seen shift mgrs say this new girl is lszy, well show her what needs to be done. It's allot more interesting than looking for the next customer. I really love my job, dealing with people and helping them, and even bringing them down from furious to at lot less with the pharmacy, and solving problems. We have some times only have 1 person till 11:00 am in the fe, but if you have a family you can at least send somone from pharmacy to the bank (senior personell 3-10 years with the company that you can trust. These are hard times, I haven't even been asked about my yearly raise which has just has come and gone. At the same time no one else has either. New Mgr. says he knows nothing about it, same with new dm, rm, etc. They are going to loose allot of great people if they do not get off their buts and do something fast.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.