robert half company is full of lies and deception

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

michael regist in New York, New York

93 months ago

They had a posting for a job that fits my background, They told me the company was not interested because my resume was not a match. I found out which company it was and they told me that my resume was never submitted to them. I did not mention to them that Robert Half was involved because i did not want to jeapordize getting the job. I am now interviewing with them and have a shot at the position. Just goes to show you that RH IS FULL OF SH*T.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Candy in Orlando, Florida

93 months ago

It's not just Robert Half Company. It's ALL so called job agencies and recruiters. They will make you waste your time. You have a better chance of lookin for a job yourself the old fashioned way that these worthless job agencies. They get paid for every resume they receive! I can't wait until their all out of business!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Terri

93 months ago

I understand the defenders of Robert Half, but they are getting more complaints, then any other agency. I have now dealt with 2 different people on the permanent side and 1 person on the contracting side. I have found postions on their postings and have asked the recruiter if he believes I am qualifed, they all say yes and will forward the resume and then I try to contact them and do not get return phone calls or emails. I did go on one interview on the contracting side and never even got a call or feedback on the interview. All my other colleagues have also had the same issues with Robert Half, so it can't just be an isolated recruiter. It is sad, when I am in a position to use a recruiter for filling my staff, I will not use Robert Half and will tell them why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mike

93 months ago

I have experienced the same situation as Terri. I see the same job postings in different sites and nothing happens when I apply.
Once I was sent to an interview by one of the reps at RH, she was not my contact there but told me that it was ok for me to go. Same time, this recruter was leaving RH and was going to work for Ajilon. She posted job in Ajilon's web site and I submitted my resume. Interview went great, HR manager at company, demostrated interest and made some informal offers, then I heard from no one. RH and Ajilon disputed which company was going to get commission and I was not offered position. I found out about this throug my contact recruter at RH.
Reps at accountemps, are even worse, they do not return phone calls, etc...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fed up with Robert Half in Sacramento, California

93 months ago

Terri said: I understand the defenders of Robert Half, but they are getting more complaints, then any other agency. I have now dealt with 2 different people on the permanent side and 1 person on the contracting side. I have found postions on their postings and have asked the recruiter if he believes I am qualifed, they all say yes and will forward the resume and then I try to contact them and do not get return phone calls or emails. I did go on one interview on the contracting side and never even got a call or feedback on the interview. All my other colleagues have also had the same issues with Robert Half, so it can't just be an isolated recruiter. It is sad, when I am in a position to use a recruiter for filling my staff, I will not use Robert Half and will tell them why.

I agree-Robert Half has so much turnover that almost everytime I call my "recruiter" is no longer there. It must be a really bad place to work. They have no common courtesy to return phone calls or e-mails either. I would rather work with anyone but them. I had similar experiences with their Bay Area offices when I lived there too. How do they stay in business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cindy09 in Irving, Texas

93 months ago

About a year ago, I was contacted by Sheila B at Robert Half - and I set up and interview with the recruiter. I waited and waited. 45 mins late to my appointment the recruiter finally shows up and wants to cram the entire interview process into the remaining 15 mins that I had. Needless to say, I never heard from this recruiter again. I was contacted again by another recruiter from another office who had the PERFECT position for me. I met with her and she told me of several positions she thought I was well qualified for and would be sending my resume to the companies. I contacted her after not hearing from her for about a week and continued to get the same run around. One other recruiter I met with only called me about positions that in cities that I clearly said I was not interested in traveling to for work. Then when he called to check in with me one I mentioned that I had been interviewing on my own and he wanted me to give him the information of the companies that were interviewing me so he could contact them to get their business.

RH is only interested in building their data base and that is it. I would not recommend them to anyone and I will definitely never consider using RH again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Artemisa in Rockville, Maryland

93 months ago

I agree with the above. Robert Half is full of crap. They got my resume went through excel test etc. They never pursued to find me a job. I stopped working with them. That's true all these recruiters are full of crap. They go after those that get paid more so they can get a big commission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Winter in Chicago, Illinois

93 months ago

Working with RH has been a big disappointment. Perm nor temp has any work for me. I called the other day for temp work and this guy did not remember me, and told me to "refresh" his memory. I told him about my background, he asked my hourly rate and I said at least $18/hr. He said that because I didn't have any acctg software skills other than basic MS Excel (past jobs used in-house software), that he couldn't do a thing for me. I've worked in accounting for 10 yrs, B.A. in Acctg, and plan on getting my CPA next year. But $18/hr minimum is shooting too high? I think they're trying to keep the bulk of what they charge for RH, therefore "lowballing" the people that are on assignments. That is on the temp side.

I've seen positions online that I KNOW I was perfect for (I could put a check by each duty and requirement), and left messages for my Perm-side recruiter. No response. I've responded to "blind ads" only to find, unfortunately, they were RH recruiters. One time I responded to one, got an RH message and called this guy. My recruiter intercepted and left a message on my voicemail like, "He made a mistake, we share the same files, I'm in charge of handling yours". I tried to call him back like, "OK, but what's up with the position?" Didn't get a response. Quite frankly, I think RH is making up positions.

Should I EVER be in a position to hire, or someone who is asks my opinion, I'll be sure to tell them to leave RH, as well as other certain agencies, alone. They are burning bridges and are too foolish to know it. Did it ever occur to them that they may be messing over people who may eventually be in high-ranking positions at Fortune 500s? I need to work. I have bills. These are LIVES they are playing with...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bam in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

93 months ago

RHI does get people jobs. I know this because I work there and I have placed people on the perm side. They may not have the best practices and they may have a lot of turnover internally but we do place QUALIFIED people in jobs. Just because your working with a recruiter does not mean you should stop looking on your own. Who ever said that we get paid for every resume we get is seriously misled and dilusional. That is just not true....ridiculous, really. We make our money placing qualified candidates, period. The companies pay our fees and expect the best people out there to be presented to them. Just because you apply for a position does not mean you are qualified for it. Oh, if your resume crosses my desk or my email, I will call you and let you know whether you are qualified or not. My time is valuable too. Not every person walks through our doors...we pre-screen you on the phone and if you aren't worth seeing, we will pass you and your resume up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

sc in Salt Lake City, Utah

93 months ago

I wonder about RHI databases. The company received a really chopped up version of my resume from RHI who handled the permanent placement. It was so upsetting to me that it looked so messy and unprofessional in the CEO's hands. I did have an opportunity to interview but lost out to another candidate that RHI sent at the same time.

Then, there is the one job that I did finally get through RHI - about 75 miles one way commute in an isolated place, with an unstable company -that shut its doors.

Where are those jobs listed online etc.? I disagree with the comment about IF you are Qualified!!!! with regard to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sc in Salt Lake City, Utah

93 months ago

I wonder about RHI databases. The company received a really chopped up version of my resume from RHI who handled the permanent placement. It was so upsetting to me that it looked so messy and unprofessional in the CEO's hands. I did have an opportunity to interview but lost out to another candidate that RHI sent at the same time.

Then, there is the one job that I did finally get through RHI - about 75 miles one way commute in an isolated place, with an unstable company - that shut its doors. What was that statement about "such a great opportunity" that I believed enough to accept that job???

Where are those jobs listed online etc.? I disagree with the comment about IF you are Qualified!!!! with regard to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Iselin, New Jersey

93 months ago

michael regist in New York, New York said: They had a posting for a job that fits my background, They told me the company was not interested because my resume was not a match. I found out which company it was and they told me that my resume was never submitted to them. I did not mention to them that Robert Half was involved because i did not want to jeapordize getting the job. I am now interviewing with them and have a shot at the position. Just goes to show you that RH IS FULL OF SH*T.

Michael I am really sorry for your experience. I relate well having performed work for agencies for many years... I do find the smaller groups are more personal and straightforward but all in all they are out to make money and even the "good" ones will leave you out on a limb if they feel it is necessary.

I am so glad you were proactive and moved forward. Best wishes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Very Discouraged in Gardner, Massachusetts

58 months ago

bam in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: RHI does get people jobs. I know this because I work there and I have placed people on the perm side. They may not have the best practices and they may have a lot of turnover internally but we do place QUALIFIED people in jobs. Just because your working with a recruiter does not mean you should stop looking on your own. Who ever said that we get paid for every resume we get is seriously misled and dilusional. That is just not true....ridiculous, really. We make our money placing qualified candidates, period. The companies pay our fees and expect the best people out there to be presented to them. Just because you apply for a position does not mean you are qualified for it. Oh, if your resume crosses my desk or my email, I will call you and let you know whether you are qualified or not. My time is valuable too. Not every person walks through our doors...we pre-screen you on the phone and if you aren't worth seeing, we will pass you and your resume up.

Why is it that I have to take a test in order to be deemed qualified (which I aced BTW) and yet the people that work their can't even spell. Maybe they should raise the bar as to who they hired. "dilusional".
Perhaps the trick is to dumb down in order to be deemed employable by RHI...

nomorerhi in chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

You take a test because 90% of the recruiters at RHI do not know the product in which they sell.

Rhi will go out and hire public accounting people or high level people for their internal jobs too, but they never last because they can not deal with the anarchy which lies within.

Micro managing and managers who couldn't lead a Jenny Craig group to an ice cream store awaits you

The recruiters use the tests to help them figure out who knows what and who can do what.

I worked with a Mortgage Broker and person who sold Cars in my perm division. Not one of them worked in Corporate Americas and neither one worked in Accounting. The both of them had no idea what Accounting was but companies paid huge fees to them. They used those tests to help them figure out who was a good controller and who wasn't.

Shuttering

Eventually both were fired. quota problems or something.

RHI works on a recipe structure. They feel if you work the receipe you will be successful but it doesn't work. People fake connects and fake client stops to make the corporate robots happy. The people do their own thing because the recipe eventually wears out over time. The key is to land a big account so you can find time to survive. Otherwise times flys by and eventually you will be fired. So if you are joining, wait for someone to quit or be fired next to you. Then grab what ever they have to insulate yourselve for a few more weeks. Most survive this way.

Cannibals in the end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ziggie in Greensboro, North Carolina

56 months ago

Candy in Orlando, Florida said: It's not just Robert Half Company. It's ALL so called job agencies and recruiters. They will make you waste your time. You have a better chance of lookin for a job yourself the old fashioned way that these worthless job agencies. They get paid for every resume they receive! I can't wait until their all out of business!

This is false. They do not get paid for every resume. In fact they don't get paid by the resume at all. They get paid by hiring companies when and if the company hires a candidate that is presented by them.

Ziggie in Greensboro, North Carolina

56 months ago

The biggest mistake that people make is placing too much hope in the role of a recruiter in their job search. Recruiters are just one method of finding your next job.

Recruiters recruit. That's what they do. You are inventory to them. If you are a fit for a job order - in their standards - then you'll be presented...... maybe.

A 1,000 people would say that they are qualified for xyz job. And maybe that's true. However the recruiter has to fill the employer's prescription perfectly - sometimes an impossible task by the way. They have every incentive to place everyone that they interview. The problem is that there are not enough job orders to go around and over 70% of the resumes that come in to recruiters suck. A large percentage of candidates interview poorly, smell, and otherwise do not present themselves very well.

Two bookkeepers could show up at RHI, one very professional, the other dumpy looking. Both equally qualified on paper. One may be a very good company for a corporate type client downtown. The other may be a better fit at a trucking company. the "fit" is another element that they have to consider.

If you are stuck with "Mr new guy" recruiter at Robert Half you are likely in trouble. Mr. New guy has to persuade his colleagues to present you to their clients. Problem is that if Mr New Guy's colleagues do that and you get hired, the sales commish is split between Mr New guy's colleague and Mr New Guy. So Mr New Guy does not get to present very many candidates to job orders that are not his own. So, you go in and interview..and it ends...and you hear nothing...because nothing happened...

They are not and should not be viewed as your hired gun to get you a job. There is nobody like that anywhere that is legit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

seeker2011

52 months ago

I disagree - when I temp'd for Kelly Services, I never felt like RHI made me feel that their corporate client was more important than me, their employee. I was actually told by the corp. client I temp'd for RHI that they felt RHI treated us contract employees like dirt. Additionally, one of my equally awful RHI rep's was so patently ignorant than when we discussed their pitiful medical insurance plan, I told him that it wouldn't work for me because my husband was diabetic. He actually said to me, "Isn't that a life-style disease?" This dirtbag was famous for not answering calls or e-mails but if he needed to get a hold of me, he'd leave me increasingly abusive voicemail messages minutes after calling, though he should have known that we were not allowed access to our cell phones during work hours. My sum-total experience with RHI: 4 consecutive rep's - 4 losers. STAY AWAY!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.