Robert Half is the WORST

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 253)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

anonymous in Ashaway, RI

89 months ago

Do yourself a favor & don't waste your time, liars, cheats, and very un-professional. All branches of RH treat their clients very poorly. If you want to get abused and ignored then they are for you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

RR in Weogufka, AL

89 months ago

I agree. Going to the Alpharetta, GA office is a waste of time as well. The interviewer actually told me that they can only place about 10% of their clients. Don't bother.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Nashville TN in Franklin, TN

89 months ago

Your Robert half doesn't have clue on what there doing and customer service is horriable at theree company. There not the only one. I would not recommend them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Rahway, NJ

89 months ago

anonymous said: Do yourself a favor & don't waste your time, liars, cheats, and very un-professional. All branches of RH treat their clients very poorly. If you want to get abused and ignored then they are for you...

I have to agree too. They are the worst. I interviewed with them in July and hear it is Dec and have not heard a word from them. They suck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

James in Sacramento, CA

89 months ago

I agree too. I recently visited the RH office in Sacramento. The recruiter there was a complete dim wit. She actually suggested that I move back to the Bay Area if I was serious about my career! A bunch of lies, more lies and even more lies!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Nashville TN in Franklin, TN

89 months ago

you probly have more experience than these dim wited recruiters. Most are clueless and most have no real outside sales experience and most are very young.

Thanks for the reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

James in Sacramento, CA

89 months ago

A friend of mine who lives in London, say's that RH out there are really professional and found him potential jobs within a week of searching..must be somthing in the water here..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Ashaway, RI

89 months ago

STAY AWAY FROM ROBERT HALF. I live in the MA, CT, RI area. The NE area has fewer and fewer jobs available, however, if you go to the job boards your bombarded with listings for dozens & dozens of jobs in specific areas. There is NO WAY possible so many open jobs exist. These headhunter's don't give a damn about you or your situation they are sales people looking for their next commission. Most of them are rejects who can't find a job themselfs. There are no jobs, they make up jobs and post them,they are just tring to get as many resumes as they can & as soon as a job does come available they bombard the hiring company with tons of resumes hoping one will stick. As a hiring manager I never used them, as an out of work professional I stoped dealing with them. The absolute worst is ROBERT HALF (the others are a close second) I reqistered with them & they don't return calls, don't respond to email, etc. I think employment firms should start to be regulated by the fed, it would serve them right, maybe we could get a grain of honesty out of them.

job seeker in the Southeast in Raleigh, NC

7 hours ago
I was raised in the New England area and I sympathize with EDR's situation. But in the southeast it is no different. I have had no luck with recruiters, but when I go directly to a company and sell my skills I DO get noticed, and I DO get the job. I have been working with recruiters for the past 3 years, if there are good recruiters I have not found one yet. Not one has ever assisted with interview prep, coaching or resume submission. I have eight solid years in my field with solid references. They never call back when they say they will. The other day I returned a call to a recruiter, she had called six hours previously, just to be told that the job was no longer available. This is called "bait and switch" in the used-car industry and I believe it applies to this situation perfectly. In the Raleigh Durham area where I live they are like "pirhana", waiting to feed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Ashaway, RI

89 months ago

In response to "Recruiter in Woodland Hills, CA" (a great area by the way!). Call back frustration is not the main issue. The absolute main problem is recruiting firms do not represent themselfs HONESTLY, they are just not ethical. They represent themselfs as providing professional services, lets say a bank represenative (also a professional) lied, misrepresented themselfs, ignored phone calls, etc...the person would be FIRED. Should be no different for an agency...the only difference is it seems the agencies encourage the behavior.

I'm writing to my state senator and suggesting the state department of business affairs regulate employment agencies.

Reply - Flag for review

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Chicago in Cincinnati, OH

89 months ago

yeah, unfortunately this is the prevailing trend in the industry. i work for a boutique firm here in chicago, and we always have to convince people that we're not like robert half. it's too bad because we do offer a higher level of service than them (all of us have a background in finance, not sales, for example), yet there are people out there who we could be helping find jobs who ignore us because they think we're like all the rest. one (or maybe a dozen) bad apples spoil the bunch, or whatever the expression is.

anonymous said: In response to "Recruiter in Woodland Hills, CA" (a great area by the way!). Call back frustration is not the main issue. The absolute main problem is recruiting firms do not represent themselfs HONESTLY, they are just not ethical. They represent themselfs as providing professional services, lets say a bank represenative (also a professional) lied, misrepresented themselfs, ignored phone calls, etc...the person would be FIRED. Should be no different for an agency...the only difference is it seems the agencies encourage the behavior.
I'm writing to my state senator and suggesting the state department of business affairs regulate employment agencies.
Reply - Flag for review

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

HireEm

89 months ago

I agree with all the comments. It's is the same in Des Moines, IA too. I've been in HR for close to 15 years and am looking for a new position/employer. All the headhunters here say I don't have the right experience. The way they treat me now, will reflect on how I will treat them when I do get that good offer to use their firm or not if I should need any employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andy65 in Saint Louis, Missouri

89 months ago

I do not like also RH. Is not a good firm, and in St Louis, also no good. The consultants dont treat you well, but really, all HR consultants, during this hard economy...and please say so, are not good. They do not have much jobs to offer to thousands of hungry unemployed people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Sacramento in La Mirada, California

89 months ago

anonymous in Chicago said: yeah, unfortunately this is the prevailing trend in the industry. i work for a boutique firm here in chicago, and we always have to convince people that we're not like robert half. it's too bad because we do offer a higher level of service than them (all of us have a background in finance, not sales, for example), yet there are people out there who we could be helping find jobs who ignore us because they think we're like all the rest. one (or maybe a dozen) bad apples spoil the bunch, or whatever the expression is.

I agree it's hard to find a good recruiter to work with in this area. I happen to work for a smaller company in a recruiting capacity (have been for 10 years). I respect each person I meet with which means they actually hear back from me about REAL jobs. They are always so surprised that I do what I say...thanks to Robert Half and a few others it gives recruiting a very bad name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymus in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

Wow, what a shocker. I'm not surprised in the least to see all this anti-RH sentiment posted here. A lot of candidates who register with us often have misdirected feelings of entitlement and tend to overlook the fact that we are a completely FREE resource to the job looker. If they don't acheive instantaneous results then of course it's Robert Half's fault and not because of the individuals qualifications. People continually fail to see the big picture and don't "get" the industry at all.

The bottom line is that we are the largest,oldest & most reputable recruiting firm in the US. When you are a huge publicly traded company, there will always be a percentage of the population who does not get placed, and feels the need to deflect their disappointment back on to us. We ALWAYS show respect to each and every candidate & client we deal with, BAR NONE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

anonymus in NJ in Elizabeth, New Jersey

89 months ago

anonymus said: Wow, what a shocker. I'm not surprised in the least to see all this anti-RH sentiment posted here. A lot of candidates who register with us often have misdirected feelings of entitlement and tend to overlook the fact that we are a completely FREE resource to the job looker. If they don't acheive instantaneous results then of course it's Robert Half's fault and not because of the individuals qualifications. People continually fail to see the big picture and don't "get" the industry at all.
The bottom line is that we are the largest,oldest & most reputable recruiting firm in the US. When you are a huge publicly traded company, there will always be a percentage of the population who does not get placed, and feels the need to deflect their disappointment back on to us. We ALWAYS show respect to each and every candidate & client we deal with, BAR NONE.

Wow, most people I've talked to have the same issues with Robert Half as these posters do. Are you telling me that 100% of the people I've spoken to about RH (approx 20 people) all dealing with 2 offices are a small percentage of the population. I've had issues myself with not getting phone calls returned. I have many years of varied accounting exp and you'd think it would be "easy" to place me, yet I don't get responses to job postings on RH sites. I agree it's a FREE service, so I guess we are all getting what we "pay" for... nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Ashaway, Rhode Island

89 months ago

Listen to the Robert Half recruiter defending his/her company…it just goes to show you how condescending these people are. There has not been even ONE positive remark regarding RH and they continue to put the blame on the applicant. Looks like someone has been drinking the coolaid! Stop listing FAKE POSITIONS in an effort to deceive, be HONEST with applicants, and COMMUNICATE with applicants. Maybe not everyday but touch base once in a while EXPECIALLY if the applicant makes an effort to contact you. This is not rocket science just basic everyday common courtesy. Today I accepted a position that I learned about from my former CPA, a great tip for other job seekers, by the way the CPA (a well respected large firm) laughed at my RH story, needless to say they didn’t have anything positive to say about RH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Wake County in Wake Forest, North Carolina

89 months ago

anonymous said: Do yourself a favor & don't waste your time, liars, cheats, and very un-professional. All branches of RH treat their clients very poorly. If you want to get abused and ignored then they are for you...

Well spoken by all of you. Nothing but broken promises and a bunch of blown smoke! I found my job on my own with no help whatsever from RHI. They are absolutely useless and now that I do my own hiring, I will certainly never use RHI.

anonymous in Chicago in Cincinnati, Ohio

89 months ago

reputable? when you talk with internal corporate recruiters, the comments are along the lines of:

- we had to throttle RHI, they were overwhelming us with junk that wasn't even close to what we're looking for.
- they're okay for administrative, but for the more sophisticated stuff, we won't touch them.
- had to stop using them because our hiring managers got pissed off whenever we presented one of their "candidates."

so rather than candidate's inflated expectations, i'd fault RHI's arrogance and incompetence - you guys manage to alienate candidates and clients alike. it's kind of funny, because at least in the space we operate in, one of the most effective ways to pitch ourselves is by explicitly stating that we are NOT like robert half, then explaining why. you might want to do us all a favor and stop polluting the labor market.

anonymus said: Wow, what a shocker. I'm not surprised in the least to see all this anti-RH sentiment posted here. A lot of candidates who register with us often have misdirected feelings of entitlement and tend to overlook the fact that we are a completely FREE resource to the job looker. If they don't acheive instantaneous results then of course it's Robert Half's fault and not because of the individuals qualifications. People continually fail to see the big picture and don't "get" the industry at all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Putnam Valley, New York

89 months ago

I've used Robert Half a couple of times in the last ten years.
It's really nerve wracking being unemployed.
It's frustrating when they don't return your calls.
But Robert Half isn't a social services agency. Their recruiters are trying to make money. If they see an opportunity to place you, they will.
Not for YOUR benefit.
For THEIRS!
If you don't get a placement quickly, it's not because of the recruiter's laziness, arrogance, stupidity, etc. It probably just means that there is no job that matches your skills or salary requirements. You need to either adjust, or wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Penn Valley, California

89 months ago

Pull your head out. No one believes your babble. Any company that continues to have to "preach" about ethics, has a problem with Ethics. RH churns and burns. If you ever talk to a RH recruiter, ask the person how long they have been with the company. My guess - a year or less. No one lasts long enough for the 5 year watch!

Jim

89 months ago

Your comments really hit home. Especially the "Bait & Switch" tactic you mentioned. I have been told by a recruiter "I should 'start on Monday' " only to be called later that day by them. THEN, I am told that the "job no longer exists". Well, WHERE DID THE JOB GO?

This "Bait & Switch" is, I believe, a way of recruiters to accumulate way too many resumes for the number of available positions ONLY to be used by the recruiter's Client as a "First Round-Screening" process. This ramps-up a candidates hopes, only to be "crashed" at the last minute.
MY tactic (based on actual events)is this: when I am "waiting for thier call", I call the recruiter back, and tell them that "I just got off the phone, and I have an interview today. I will call you back after my interview to see if YOUR client is interested in me". This way, I control the situation, and not by them. It puts some urgency on the recruiter's end, because the recruiter only gets paid by the Client. The tactic is based on actual events,so I just use it again for MY benefit.
Jim.

I was raised in the New England area and I sympathize with EDR's situation. But in the southeast it is no different. I have had no luck with recruiters, but when I go directly to a company and sell my skills I DO get noticed, and I DO get the job. I have been working with recruiters for the past 3 years, if there are good recruiters I have not found one yet. Not one has ever assisted with interview prep, coaching or resume submission. I have eight solid years in my field with solid references. They never call back when they say they will. The other day I returned a call to a recruiter, she had called six hours previously, just to be told that the job was no longer available. This is called "bait and switch" in the used-car industry and I believe it applies to this situation perfectly.

Vanessa in Ormond Beach, Florida

89 months ago

I am so happy I am not the only one that feels this way. I do not understand who this people are still in business..

Ellen in New Rochelle, New York

89 months ago

I agree with what you are saying about Robert Half I email them and call them and they do not return my emails or phone calls - very unprofessional - I think they lie about the jobs they post on the boards and I noticed it is the same jobs over and over again - they are a waste of time for me and I feel this way about alot of employment agencies I just hate dealing with employment agencies period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sal Sampanino in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

89 months ago

Yeah, they do the same thing in Philly. All they do is call you to come in. I went in twice and they said i needed to go in again.
They are only interested in having you come in to fill up their time, since they do not place people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Houston Texas in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

RHI really does suck I have probelms with them calling back...I have also worked for them and they are really crappy with there pay. I am in accounts payable and they were paying my $13.00 and billing the customer $28.00.....I also found out when I quit the job for a better paying one making $18.00 doing less work that RHI was taking some of the money the employer told them they wanted to pay me. I say to HELL with them.

anonymous in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

At the risk of getting my head knocked off I'll try to elaborate. Recruiting is a all or nothing job. You either place people really well or you don't last. I spent 45 minutes talking to a person about jobs and improving their resume. I got barked at for wasting time. The recruiter will call you if something is available but only in that circumstance. Here is why: They are on the phone trying to get jobs with hiring managers at local companies. It does stink not to be called back but they have little choice but to do what is best for getting a job from a company. If they call you back do you really want to hear they have nothing for you? Register at more than RH for your own best interest. Just send them a new resume if you get more software or job experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jim

89 months ago

I tend to agree with Anonymous. I have worked with RHI and especially Accountemps. I am a very honest candidate. I will exclude myself from something they call me for if I do not feel I will be a good fit. And they certainly appreciate my honesty. They can only try to place the best candidate they have.

The RHI / Accountemps Staffing Professional only gets a paycheck, as far as I know, when they place a candidate, and the candidate does have the applicable knowlege and skills to perform the job duties and job description. I do not lie about my skill set, nor am I implying that "Houston,Texas" is doing that.

My main point is: Help them, to help you.

It is a team concept. Also, ASK them HOW you can be a better candidate. I always try, but do not always suceed, in being a better candidate day by day.

When I go to a job fair/expo, I always seek out their booth and re-introduce myself. I always thank them for their time even if it's been quite awhile since they placed me. They appreciate an uplifting message now and then too. And they will remember your positive spirit when it comes to placing candidates. Sure, I'm really nice to them at the job fairs, but I have to have the skills they need.

At the risk of getting my head knocked off I'll try to elaborate. Recruiting is a all or nothing job. You either place people really well or you don't last. I spent 45 minutes talking to a person about jobs and improving their resume. I got barked at for wasting time. The recruiter will call you if something is available but only in that circumstance. Here is why: They are on the phone trying to get jobs with hiring managers at local companies. It does stink not to be called back but they have little choice but to do what is best for getting a job from a company. If they call you back do you really want to hear they have nothing for you? Register at more than RH for your own best interest. Just send them a new resume if you get more software or job experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymousjobseekerinaustin in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

I think the part of the problem is that Robert Half appears to be too afraid to post enough information about the company client and their job requirements which is frustrating to the individual job seeker that you cannot distinguish yourself in the process.

I also believe that the RH recruiters are compensated by how many folks they bring in to interview. A lot of times jobs posted do not even exist.

I find dealing with them to be generally a waste of time too. Maybe RH management should take some of these comments to heart as feedback. Next time I am in position to hire someone and use a recruiter I will not be contacting them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous Professional Agent in La Mirada, California

89 months ago

anonymousjobseekerinaustin said: I think the part of the problem is that Robert Half appears to be too afraid to post enough information about the company client and their job requirements which is frustrating to the individual job seeker that you cannot distinguish yourself in the process.
I also believe that the RH recruiters are compensated by how many folks they bring in to interview. A lot of times jobs posted do not even exist.
I find dealing with them to be generally a waste of time too. Maybe RH management should take some of these comments to heart as feedback. Next time I am in position to hire someone and use a recruiter I will not be contacting them.

I am curious as too where people get there facts as to how recruiting firms work? Because nothing that I have read is even close to how they function. Normally a recruiting company will submit three of the best qualified candidates for a specific skill set to a position. If you have been turned down by a firm or not have not heard back from them dont be mad at them, be mad at yourself for not specializing or aquiring the right education with the proper experience for that high paying position you envy. Recruiters work on a contingent basis with barely a salary, until they actually place a candidate. The reason recruiting agencies are not regulated by the federal government is because it is B2B business. If they were charging the candidates to place them then they would be regulated by the fed. Obviously the comments frequently written on here are written by people that are mad at the world and want more than they have worked to earn. Succesful recruiters make a name for themselves in the business and are well respected for helping americas top ten percent of the talent pool find the jobs that otherwise they may not have known existed. Put your hands up for the Best recruiters we all know who we are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I hink your comment was unfair because I know for a fact that some of what your saying is not true. I was presented to a client of RHI and one of the recruiters paid me the lowest amount that they could offer and found out from the supervisor that went ahead and offered me the position they were unfair and that was why most of the candidates that was placed there left for something else. Number 1 we are the ones doing the job and yes I understand through your help we got the position but pay us for the work. I know for a fact that the recruitors are making 11 something an hour off of a candidate which is not fair and most of the time we are doing more than what was stated to us....and to you I would like to know have you ever been place by RHI to know what really goes on?

Anonymous Professional Agent in La Mirada, California

89 months ago

Houston Texas said: I hink your comment was unfair because I know for a fact that some of what your saying is not true. I was presented to a client of RHI and one of the recruiters paid me the lowest amount that they could offer and found out from the supervisor that went ahead and offered me the position they were unfair and that was why most of the candidates that was placed there left for something else. Number 1 we are the ones doing the job and yes I understand through your help we got the position but pay us for the work. I know for a fact that the recruitors are making 11 something an hour off of a candidate which is not fair and most of the time we are doing more than what was stated to us....and to you I would like to know have you ever been place by RHI to know what really goes on?[/QUOT

Once again, another comment that is unwaranted and totally off base as far as factsare concerned. Recruiting agencies act as you the candidates agent to aquire you a position that you wantand are qualified for. You the candidate do not get billed for our services. Therefore your comment about making money off the candidate is not factual. We make our money doing a job that is exhausting at times negotiating a part of your life that 99% of people do not know how to handle themselves. We enter into signed agreements with companies who in return pay us for services rendered. When was the last time a HR represenative negotiated your salary on YOUR behalf. We are not HR we are agents that are skilled in negotiating and placing well qualified candidates that trust us because they have had the quality of there lives improved by working with us. You know the funny thing is I dont even work for Robert Half I work for one of there main competitors, yet it is hard to stand by and watch ignorant comments be posted about an industry that was created to benefit people that dont know where to look for what they do best. And at no charge to them. Best Regards.

Anonymous in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

Ok I have worked as a temp and was hired by RHI for perm. I DO NOT agree with the others. The staffing managers do help candidates the best they can. I agree with the others saying if they are not placing you, you don't have the right skill set for the jobs that clients are giving them to find candidates for. The job as a staffing manager is not easy, nor do they reap as many benefits as many of you think they are. They DO help candidates out and care about getting them positions. They always called me for positions because I had many skill sets that they were looking for. AND I was hired by them. I see what happens behind the doors. They are honest, they do help candidates the best they can, and they don't give candidates run arounds or anything else. I like this company and I have been here for longer than a year. For those that are not happy with us, maybe you should take a look at your resumes and maybe get some more skills on there so we can place you. Or maybe go to an agency that hires people for stacking boxes or machine operator positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I think that was an unfair statement you made at the end of your comment because you have a whole lot of skills and you are probable older than the most of us...needless to say they worked for you....and give the fact that you are in another state so they maybe nicer and place people but the one in houston is not as helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Massachusetts in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

Actually, I am not even 25. Not older really. My statement may or may not be fair, but it is more realistic than the assumptions and accusations of the others bashing my company. None of you know what you are talking about with how a staffing manager's job is done. And I am not even a staffing manager either. I just know how it works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Many of you are missing the point, it is not about placement. Its wonderful if someone gets placed, the main complaint is RH created fake positions in an effort to gather resumes in their market areas. People who have the education, training, experience, etc. “Register” with RH, once you have a recruiter and try to contact them they do not and will not return calls or emails, etc. The RH staff is just a complete waste of time, I ignore everything I see from them & I encourage others to do the same. There are a lot of agencies out there try anyone else but stay away from Robert Half (all divisions) they are by far the WORST!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

You should do your research. All jobs posted by Robert Half are real jobs. It is actually company policy NOT to post positions that are not real.

You must be bitter that you were overlooked. If you spent as much time on developing your skills as you do on this blog you would have a better chance of being placed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I agree with you Ashaway.....andI have done just that

Anonymous in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

Hilarious! When I first saw some of these comments from the Robert HATERS out there I was genuinely concerned how the company is being perceived by those who utilize our services. After seeing how it's evolved and some of the ridiculous assertions that have been made, I have to laugh. According to this forum, all Robert Half does is post fake job postings, waste everyone's time and has absolutely no clue about what their doing since they are all incompetent and ex-used car salesmen (who couldn't make it in that industry so they went to RH). Hmmm, So I guess it's just blind/dumb luck that the company has thrived for 60 YEARS and survived every major economic recession. You wan't proof that we know how to handle talent? Go take a look at the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE and you can see the company's growth for yourself.

Also - I promised myself I wasn't going to sink to your level but since the insults have devolved into "bait & switch" type comments I will retort with this..

Do you know why there are more negative comments than positive comments about RH on this post? I'll tell you why, it's because all the candidates we've placed HAVE JOBS and don't need to spend all their free time on INDEED.COM bashing the hands that feed. They're too busy WORKING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

I LOVE IT! So true.

89 months ago

Well pleasant what are your doing on indeed with the rest of us who are looking....apparently you are doing the same thing....other wise you would be working since you love robert so much......the onky people who goes to indeed are the ones who's looking for work......

89 months ago

Dear Robert Half Troll... You must be drinking the company coolaid!

89 months ago

anonymous said: Dear Robert Half Troll... You must be drinking the company coolaid!

she works for them.....that's why she is defending them...none of us know each other and we are all saying the same thing.....so we all can't be wrong...plus if they place her than why is she on indeed responding to our comments....think about it.....

89 months ago

Anonymous said: Hilarious! When I first saw some of these comments from the Robert HATERS out there I was genuinely concerned how the company is being perceived by those who utilize our services. After seeing how it's evolved and some of the ridiculous assertions that have been made, I have to laugh. According to this forum, all Robert Half does is post fake job postings, waste everyone's time and has absolutely no clue about what their doing since they are all incompetent and ex-used car salesmen (who couldn't make it in that industry so they went to RH). Hmmm, So I guess it's just blind/dumb luck that the company has thrived for 60 YEARS and survived every major economic recession. You wan't proof that we know how to handle talent? Go take a look at the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE and you can see the company's growth for yourself.
Also - I promised myself I wasn't going to sink to your level but since the insults have devolved into "bait & switch" type comments I will retort with this..
Do you know why there are more negative comments than positive comments about RH on this post? I'll tell you why, it's because all the candidates we've placed HAVE JOBS and don't need to spend all their free time on INDEED.COM bashing the hands that feed. They're too busy WORKING.

I thought you said you did not work for RHI...so know we know RHI are liars you responding to our comments and not even realinzing what your saying...I knew off back you worked for them when you started defending them....but you can be honest with us that's how you know about there stock......you guys are such liars....but thanks for defending them we will still fill the way we do.....and you must not really like your job because you are on indeed for job seekers not ones who have a job already? miss smarty you got busted....

Anonymous in MASS in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

Houston, even though it says they are all from Pleasanton, CA it doesn't mean that 1. they are from CA considering I am from MASS, and 2. that it is all the same person.....again stop accusing and get your facts straight!

89 months ago

Houston Texas said: Well pleasant what are your doing on indeed with the rest of us who are looking....apparently you are doing the same thing....other wise you would be working since you love robert so much......the onky people who goes to indeed are the ones who's looking for work......

Indeed is an invaluable resource to both the recruiter as well as the job looker. It's always a good idea to know exactly what's going on with your competitors or future clients. In less than 2 minutes I can get a "snapshot" of new job market activity which encompasses postings from every major board in existance. I can see how you would be unable to make this connection... considering you feel that every Robert Half employee is trying to sell you snake oil.

Sincerely,

The Robert Half Troll

89 months ago

Dear Robert Half Troll, Glad to see you searching Indeed, a great way to steal other firms job descriptions to be used by Robert Half for your FAKE JOBS listing. Nice lazy way to keep the deception fresh...

Marie in Sacramento, California

89 months ago

My husband (an accountant) is a manager. In the past he has tried to get employment using RH. He believes them to be a waste of time. Now whenever RH or Accountemps calls him for positions he is trying to fill, he blows them off. What goes around comes around!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

A Former RHI, MR and Accountemps Client in Palatine, Illinois

89 months ago

Everyone is right!

If you want to waste your time and energy to enroll, be tested and sit and wait for a call that is never going to come......go to a recruiting agency.

Your time would be best spent searching job boards and only responding to direct employer listings. Unfortunately, when you post your resume so that it can be reviewed by a potential employer, you get calls from agency recruiters all day long. Leave your answering machine on and ignore recruiting agencies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

WOW, Thank you -

RHI, MR and Accountemps Client in Palatine, Illinois

Well folks we now heard it direct from the source... Can you give us some inside insight regarding what they force on their employees? Must be very high pressure sales, I would guess if you don’t have a stomach for deceitful actions its not the place for you, the training must be a trip…

G P Magaro in Jacksonville, Florida

88 months ago

Anonymous Professional Agent said:
I am curious as too where people get there facts as to how recruiting firms work? Because nothing that I have read is even close to how they function. Normally a recruiting company will submit three of the best qualified candidates for a specific skill set to a position. If you have been turned down by a firm or not have not heard back from them dont be mad at them, be mad at yourself for not specializing or aquiring the right education with the proper experience for that high paying position you envy. Recruiters work on a contingent basis with barely a salary, until they actually place a candidate. The reason recruiting agencies are not regulated by the federal government is because it is B2B business. If they were charging the candidates to place them then they would be regulated by the fed. Obviously the comments frequently written on here are written by people that are mad at the world and want more than they have worked to earn. Succesful recruiters make a name for themselves in the business and are well respected for helping americas top ten percent of the talent pool find the jobs that otherwise they may not have known existed. Put your hands up for the Best recruiters we all know who we are.

I like that kind of talk.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.