Why does everyone let RHI get away with it.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (30)

RHI IS DISGUSTING

74 months ago

As someone who worked for this company for 3 years, I am shocked at how much they get away with, and how it keeps going on. Something needs to be done, the turnover is horrible, the pay structure abyssmal, and they treat their employees and candidates like cattle. I even found out that in South Florida there are two horrible managers one of whom has a criminal record..thats right, felony!! ( I didnt believe it, but someone showed me on the public record) I wouldnt be surprised if there were similar thugs working in my area in the northeast. Personally I think all of us ex employees need to reach out to our clients and tell them what goes on...talk to our candidates and let them know whats being done...and talk to others about NEVER working for this company. I would not let anyone I care about even consider working for this place. The best thing to happen would be for Robert Half to go bankrupt. There are a ton of us out there who worked for them and know how bad it is, we have power and we should use it. Start knocking down the higher ups who treat everyone like crap, and have been the ruination of what was once a decent company. SPREAD THE WORD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

l3wilso in Humble, Texas

74 months ago

There is nothing that can be done. I wonder how much is their bill rate compared to what they pay the candidates. If anyone knows please share with us. Also, what is the premium they are paid for Salaried Professionals in that program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Non Descript in houston, Texas

74 months ago

Bill rates will vary from different LOBs. 60-80% markup is the norm depending on the operating model

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

l3wilso in Texas

74 months ago

I wonder if the reason for having candidates accept or offer them lower pay is to get the most from the bill rates? That seems unfair, because it may take a couple of years to come back around to what one should be paid. I had someone tell me that if you do not accept a job through RHI, they will not work with the candidate anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A decent Person in Eaglevill, Pennsylvania

65 months ago

Class action lawsuit will stop RHT from pulling this crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

65 months ago

Non Descript in houston, Texas said: Bill rates will vary from different LOBs. 60-80% markup is the norm depending on the operating model

40-100% is a common range based on a number of factors. Lower bill-rates are dependent on a lot of factors but basically "the more people the less it costs".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Staffing Guru in Somewhere out there, California

65 months ago

l3wilso in Texas said: I wonder if the reason for having candidates accept or offer them lower pay is to get the most from the bill rates?

This could be an unfortunate reality. It would not be wise though. Clients typically get wind of what you are paying a candidate. If a client gets wind that you are underpaying a candidate they might not be very happy.

Especially if they have already dictated a range or pay rate.

l3wilso in Texas said:
That seems unfair, because it may take a couple of years to come back around to
what one should be paid.

It does seem unfair on the surface but you have something you can do. Don't take the job.

l3wilso in Texas said:
I had someone tell me that if you do not accept a job through RHI, they will not work with the candidate anymore.

Trust me on this, if they need you again they will call you. Good candidates who fill job orders are hard to find.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

nolongeraslave in Hades

60 months ago

RHI IS DISGUSTING said: As someone who worked for this company for 3 years, I am shocked at how much they get away with, and how it keeps going on. Something needs to be done, the turnover is horrible, the pay structure abyssmal, and they treat their employees and candidates like cattle. I even found out that in South Florida there are two horrible managers one of whom has a criminal record..thats right, felony!! ( I didnt believe it, but someone showed me on the public record) I wouldnt be surprised if there were similar thugs working in my area in the northeast. Personally I think all of us ex employees need to reach out to our clients and tell them what goes on...talk to our candidates and let them know whats being done...and talk to others about NEVER working for this company. I would not let anyone I care about even consider working for this place. The best thing to happen would be for Robert Half to go bankrupt. There are a ton of us out there who worked for them and know how bad it is, we have power and we should use it. Start knocking down the higher ups who treat everyone like crap, and have been the ruination of what was once a decent company. SPREAD THE WORD

Well said! They are a disgusting company who once had respectable practices but simply lost their way because of greed. It's a story playing out every day on the news, a story that takes everyone down with it. There is a very ugly side to RHI that every candidate, potential employee, and client should know, a side you will never fully understand unless you work for them and not just for a few months. I too worked for them for multiple years and am sickened by who they became, who they allowed their management team to become, and all the ways they treat good people like trash. You will not be proud of yourself after leaving this place, you will be sorry you didn't leave sooner!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Glad I'm Out in Columbus, Ohio

59 months ago

I couldn't have left this job soon enough. They tout to their clients that they have reduced their bill rates while in fact, they are reducing pay rates to an unbelievable $7.50-$8.00 an hour for accounting jobs!! Mark up is 68-78%- staffing managers offering any less than 75% are berated and told that RHI is not an non-profit agency. They have a pay structure that makes it impossible for associates to receive a bonus within the 1st 15months and b/c their turnover is so high- they don't have to worry about paying bonuses. I know people that have been there for almost 3 years and have still failed to bonus! Unbelievable! Staffing managers steal job leads from other staffing managers, they steal job orders and will back door your contacts in order to get hours on the board. I skipped out of there and will never look back. Anyone who is thinking about working for RHI should be prepared to work in the lower bowels of H***.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RHI IS DISGUSTING in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

and yet here they are on Forbes most respected list again..what a joke. How much money do they shell out to Forbes to get on that list? All we can do is keep spreading the word to our clients, friends and peers. At some point it will start sinking in I hope

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Freddles in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

RHI will never sink. They are just another additional resource in your job search. If they did not place you, you were not qualified for any of their open roles at that time. Don't take it personal and get over it. What are YOU doing to find yourself a job? Did you capitalize on every opportunity that was given to you in your life? Are you blaming other for not making things happen in your life? There are still many job opportunities out there-have you given up?

RHI is a business and not a non-profit. If you need more "human element," go to church or hang out with your mommy. Come ready to play if you are hired or placed by RHI. If you are not there anymore, the business was not for you. Kindly bow out and go into something else. That is what I did and stay in touch with my contacts there. I never burn bridges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

All this company does is call and tell you how RHI can be a good resource. They also lure you in so that they can get your information in their system. Makes me wonder if the jobs they post on their website are legit.
One sure way of bringing down companies like this is to stop using them and contact the actual employers directly.
You'll notice how third-parties are always contacting you in some way to get you into their office. They'll either say, "The job has been filled" or "You are not fit for the position". It happens too often with these types of companies. That is why I no longer return their calls or respond to job postings that are listed by third-parties.
Just be careful working for them because if they say something about bonuses, chances are you'll never get one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Freddles in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

Incorrect. RHI offers services as an additional resource to your job search. "Luring" in? In business, companies need contact information in order to communicate. Job postings are legit. It is illegal to post jobs that do not or have not existed in the past. RHI SOMETIMES recruits around the needs of clients in advance and that is what you are probably seeing. Nothing is guaranteed.

Go ahead and try and contact employers directly. You and the other 10 million candidates going after that job. RHI's operating model promotes building relationships with clients in order to get candidates in front of them first. Again, just an additional resource.

It's all how you look at it. Ultimately, if you are qualified, you will get a job.......at some point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

nolongeraslave in Hades

59 months ago

Contrary to what Freddles might say, you can get noticed going direct if you prepare a well planned cover letter and a strong resume format. You will also want to do your homework and try to find out who the hiring manager is and get your resume directly to that person. In fact, the higher the level, the more likely it is that the company will not want to pay a fee and would love to find a qualified candidate without going through a recruiter. It is true that recruiters can be a great resource, but not just any recruiter. You will know a good one if they don't talk down to you, actually listen first, then follow up with specific advice related to your career.

And Freddles, don't mislead people. It isn't just SOMETIMES that RHI "recruits around the needs of clients". It is a daily requirement and part of the data mining process. All of RHI has the same weekly interview minimums whether there are open jobs to fill or not. Shame on you for talking down to people at a time when they desperately need employment guidance. This is why recruiters and especially RHI have a bad name. Unplug yourself from the RHI rhetoric and actually offer real advice. That's all people want and it's what they deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RHI IS DISGUSTING

59 months ago

Bravo nolonger for calling Freddles out ....as someone who worked for RHI I can tell you that they do indeed have ad minimums they must post every week, and additionally minimum interview requirements regardless of whether they have jobs to fill or not. I will go even one step further and say that often times regardless of a clients needs, certain ads will always be posted by RHI; take a look and see.. they always have an ad for a legal secretary or bookeeper in all of their locations. I would like to also point out that RHI is not in the client building relationship business. They have some of the highest turnover so its rare that any of their recruiters are there long enough to establish relationships with clients. Year over year they spend weeks trying to get back clients they have lost...trust me they even have a database that generates these reports. Its called the 90 day no business list. Now I will say that many smaller recruiting firms are a good resource and tend to be much more candidate oriented. My advice to all who read this would be to stay away from the large machine that is robert half..they are publicly traded and care about one thing...the shareholders. Go with the smaller more reputable firms. Just do your homework you will see that a VAST majority of bloggers, posters and former employees have nothing but negative things to say about this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nolongeraslave in Hades

59 months ago

RHI IS DISGUSTING said: Bravo nolonger for calling Freddles out ....as someone who worked for RHI I can tell you that they do indeed have ad minimums they must post every week, and additionally minimum interview requirements....

You are correct, their high turnover doesn't equate to relationship building. In fact, when I started with RHI I was given the 90 day no business reports, and No contact reports to begin calling on. Then I was told to interview as many people as I could to learn supervisor names and uncover businesses not already in our massive database. For the record, I made 6 figures three years in a row. I was putting people to work, but it was because I was truly interested in the candidate and finding a good fit between them and the clients. Once I stopped playing games with people and actually focused on their needs I excelled. I was told over and over that I needed to focus on my activity levels - HUH?? I'm bringing in half a million dollars or more every year - what's left to focus on? However, no amount of money will keep you there. Believe me when I say, it is disgusting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

nolongeraslave in Hades said: You are correct, their high turnover doesn't equate to relationship building. In fact, when I started with RHI I was given the 90 day no business reports, and No contact reports to begin calling on. Then I was told to interview as many people as I could to learn supervisor names and uncover businesses not already in our massive database. For the record, I made 6 figures three years in a row. I was putting people to work, but it was because I was truly interested in the candidate and finding a good fit between them and the clients. Once I stopped playing games with people and actually focused on their needs I excelled. I was told over and over that I needed to focus on my activity levels - HUH?? I'm bringing in half a million dollars or more every year - what's left to focus on? However, no amount of money will keep you there. Believe me when I say, it is disgusting!

Good for you. I'm glad there is someone out there who wants to help the candidates and not the companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Greenbean in San Rafael, California

48 months ago

OMG! what is the base pay to start? Minimum wage (for a staffing manager)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flygirl in Kenosha, Wisconsin

48 months ago

Omg- at first, I thought you were writing about my former employer in a different industry. There's so many nasty, greedy companies out there any more, but with unemployment so high what can the average citizen do? You gotta eat!

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy AtRHI in Columbia, Maryland

26 months ago

RHI offered me a job while I was on unemployment at almost $30k less than my last job. I work in Finance and saw an invoice from RHI to the client for my service. They were billing 127% over what they were paying me. I was on the project for six months, during which they gave themself a raise by increasing the amount billed to the customer an additional $4. I wonder how many other unemployed people have been taken advantage of by RHI.

l3wilso in Texas said: I wonder if the reason for having candidates accept or offer them lower pay is to get the most from the bill rates? That seems unfair, because it may take a couple of years to come back around to what one should be paid. I had someone tell me that if you do not accept a job through RHI, they will not work with the candidate anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unhappy AtRHI in Columbia, Maryland

26 months ago

I just had my first annual review. I was given a lapel pin, and cards. I was told how my clients loved me and I was a great employee, but they could not give me an increase. I am well aware that they bill more than 100% for my services. Then my supervisor actually had the audacity to ask me to refer clients and candidates. I will never refer any one to this company.

I have started to research my own business and will be so glad to move on from RHI.

nolongeraslave in Hades said: Well said! They are a disgusting company who once had respectable practices but simply lost their way because of greed. It's a story playing out every day on the news, a story that takes everyone down with it. There is a very ugly side to RHI that every candidate, potential employee, and client should know, a side you will never fully understand unless you work for them and not just for a few months. I too worked for them for multiple years and am sickened by who they became, who they allowed their management team to become, and all the ways they treat good people like trash. You will not be proud of yourself after leaving this place, you will be sorry you didn't leave sooner!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shkoda in New York, New York

26 months ago

Unhappy AtRHI in Columbia, Maryland said: RHI offered me a job while I was on unemployment at almost $30k less than my last job. I work in Finance and saw an invoice from RHI to the client for my service. They were billing 127% over what they were paying me. I was on the project for six months, during which they gave themself a raise by increasing the amount billed to the customer an additional $4. I wonder how many other unemployed people have been taken advantage of by RHI.

They did the same to me. I was in shock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gagill in Monticello, New York

26 months ago

guest in Oakland, California said: I was on a project with Robert Half billing out at $130 an hour but the contractors were only getting $32 an hour. The contractors made a big stink. The end result was that BOTH the contractors and Robert Half got canned with NEW contractors being hired directly by the company for $20 an hour. The project manager got a BIG BONUS and when an experienced software engineer complained that $20 an hour was hardly decent pay got the response "I wasn't the fool to go into software engineering".

And you were the software engineer who complained???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

25 months ago

It seems like this is an epidemic with staffers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IgnorantEmployees in Mesa, Arizona

25 months ago

Only a complete fool would go to RH for employment. First of all they REQUIRE you to provide your social security number, drivers license, and other identifying documents to them before they will even talk to you.

If that wasn't a reg flag enough for you wait until you meet the person you "interview" with. I put interview in quotes since that's what they call it, even though it's just a sales pitch. I saw a bunch of sad saps sitting in the lobby wearing suits waiting for their interview. lol, sad.

Anyway you will end up getting "interviewed" by some high school dropout who most likely held a position waiting tables prior to being a "recruiter" who knows nothing about what you do for a living. Then him/her will tell you they will be in touch.

The entire purpose is datamining. They just want your info.

Stay away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

They own various other "divisions" like the Creative Group. Always posting jobs.

I've seen the same guys. Suits a bit too big, awkward, wringing their hands. It's sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

So many companies are acting like this now. They are all playing this game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Krystyna in Alameda, California

18 months ago

Unfortunately I have recently had a negative experience w/RHI. But .. fortunately there were s many red flags in my face that I managed to escape relatively scar free. Briefly .. I was told a position was temp to perm .. given an hourly rate and given a yearly salary quote (if hired) and pressured (with emails, phone calls from different recruiters) into signing paper work to start an assignment (the next day). Something told me .. don't sign the paperwork. I did not. Then the day before the assignment was to begin, I was told it was not temp to perm but temp .. and that temp ending date was real vague. I explained I would be interviewing for permanent positions. I was asked where, who, when .. etc. I did not elaborate. I was basically told that if I would be interviewing for something permanent, and I found a position, I would have to give a two week notice. (Of course bear in mind that the "temp" assignment could end any time .. and that I would not get a two week notice). It was also suggested that maybe they shouldn't place me in this temp job, and find something else for me shorter term. Then the day before the assignment was to begin, I asked about the hourly rate I would get and was quoted a much lower rate, and that it was still under negotiation. ?? Wow, that red flag that was waving around before, slapped me right in the face .. Nope, no can do. This is not my first rodeo. Listen to your gut. Read these reviews. They were not created in a vacuum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina

15 months ago

I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Krystyna in Oakland, California

15 months ago

MEME0000 in greens, North Carolina said: I went to the Robert Half. While I was waiting for the interview, I had to fill tons of papers. I have been chosen by another company which I had applied to before RH interview. But, in the same time, RH offered me a job also. How can I resign from R&H? I have not started to work to RH. Do you have any advice how I can avoid trouble with RH? I am afraid that somehow I will be sued or something. Thanks for any help in advance.

They can't sue you. Don't be afraid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.