RHI is the worst.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Michael, San Diego in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

Use Kforce or Remedy. Robert Half blasted my resume to 100 compnies, including my the company I work at now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

91 months ago

Remedy is no good. My contact person is gone and when my position ended, I tired to go through the same process hoping to get another position, but my new contact person is rude. She doesn't understand me. She thought I wanted to return to the previous position I had. She told me that the staffing agency no longer had a contract with them and that it was with the new agency. I am not stupid. I did sign up with the new agency since I needed more experience. So, she thinks I am stupid. Also, their database is small in San Francisco. Not that much clerical work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mr J in Littleton, Colorado

89 months ago

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California said: Remedy is no good. My contact person is gone and when my position ended, I tired to go through the same process hoping to get another position, but my new contact person is rude. She doesn't understand me. She thought I wanted to return to the previous position I had. She told me that the staffing agency no longer had a contract with them and that it was with the new agency. I am not stupid. I did sign up with the new agency since I needed more experience. So, she thinks I am stupid. Also, their database is small in San Francisco. Not that much clerical work.

Don't waste your time with company. There recruiters are dense.

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

89 months ago

Mr J in Littleton, Colorado said: Don't waste your time with company. There recruiters are dense.

Mr. J. I couldn't agree with you more. All boneheads.

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

86 months ago

I have worked the West, NE and SE coasts of the US and NONE and I mean NONE of the robert half or other services are worth a DAM
I have found them ALL to be worth nothing
If they have jobs they have low end jobs that no one else wants
I think they should be illegal all of them

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

86 months ago

mel in Irvine, California said: I went in for an interview with a Robert Half associate. I can't believe how condesending she was. Her tone was such that it left an impression that I can't get a job anywhere. I can't believe she told me she prefers working with people who have passed the bar.

Well were you applying for a position whose qualifications required passing the bar? If you were and you have not, then she was most likely trying to tell you in as diplomatic a way as possible that you are asking for the impossible.

Just a thought. I have heard that many people apply for jobs that they are no where near qualified for. I have heard that one reason companies use agencies these days is for the specific purpose to weed out all those clerk types who expect to be hired as exec level managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jaffa in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

mel in Irvine, California said: This is a WARING to people who are considering interviewing with Robert Half. PLEASE READ MY EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH A ROBERT HALF ASSOCIATE.

I read the warnings from the people who had prior experiences with Rober Half staffing agency. I thought they were exaggerating their stories and did not pay much attention to them. OMG, HOW I WAS WRONG.

I went in for an interview with a Robert Half associate. I can't believe how condesending she was. Her tone was such that it left an impression that I can't get a job anywhere.

Wow, I had the SAME experience. The agent I met with insisted that I wouldn't be able to find a financial analyst position for more than $30K / year. I told him that I'm switching jobs to make MORE money, not less, and he told me that sometimes "you've got to take one step back to take 10 steps forward." Despite working with Excel for 5 years in a corporate management position, and a degree in economics and finance, he basically told me that my skill level couldn't warrant more than $30K / year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.