RH Waste of time - From RH Accounting Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 146)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Indy Anonymous in Pleasanton, California

92 months ago

I have to disagree, the offices in Indiana are great! I applied, was interviewed and tested the next day, and was placed on assignment the following day. In three days I had a job. They did a comprehensive job of evaluating my skills and experience and placed me in a perfect fit. When my assigment company's client was bought out and I was laid off, RHI Indianapolis was on the phones immediately and had me lined up for two new assignments! They're very professional, well-educated, and friendly. I wouldn't trust anyone else!! If you don't have the skills to be placed, they can't work magic. It seems to me a lot of you are bitter about this, not about RHI's impressive staff. Try buffing up your resume (and most importantly your educations) and re-apply. stop blaming others for your faults.
RHI is fantastic, and I would never use a lesser agency such as Kelly Services, Ajilon, Volt, or any other second-rate company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (53) Reply - Report abuse

sigg in Kimmswick, Missouri

92 months ago

Robert Half is also Office Team in St Louis. They have you waste 3 hours of your time interviewing and testing on software and give you a cheerleading session of how they are going to get you working ASAP. It turns out that they advertise jobs on the web to "phish" for candidates to add to their database and give you the run around on "their jobs". Don't waste your time. There are other temp agencies out there that do have assignments. Just don't waste your time with Robert Half, Office Team or Creative Group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unidentified in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

RH recruiters are all on commission. They need to place or no pay. I applied and the recruiter turn over was 3x in 6 months.
I went on 1 interview for which I was over qualified. very disappointing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Springfield, MA in Easthampton, Massachusetts

92 months ago

Steve said:
-Steve, please don't confuse Office Team with Robert Half. Although Office Team falls under the Robert Half banner, they are 2 separate entities. Yes, Office Team is temp only. Robert Half is not. I have found Robert Half to be extremely professional, and their employees work VERY HARD to find a placement for their applicants. They are NOT LIARS. I was called into their offices twice for "employer in" interviews, AND they also set me up for elearning on my home computer for Quickbooks. They are great people!
Sheila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila in Springfield, MA in Easthampton, Massachusetts

92 months ago

I only dealt with RH once, and it was a good experience. All of the others, I have found, are a waste. I no longer deal with employment agencies and deal only with companies who do their own hiring. Last week I had 6 interviews, and I have 4 next week. Stay away from agencies! They use your resume for a day or 2 then you go into the files. I know. I did it once for 4 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Charles Davis XI, MSCS, MBA, MCSE..

92 months ago

Lacking the high-value, high-demand skills to earn a decent living on your own, you can only survive in the IT or engineering profession by attaching yourself to another’s earning power through the use of a written contract with restrictive shyster clauses that limit the IT or engineering contractor’s career choices upon completion of a project. To claim it is “your client” when you not have the skills, education, or experience to do the job is a lame excuse for being in the IT or engineering business. Without us, you have no client.

Many skilled IT and engineering professionals believe the only career choice that is lower than a contract technical recruiter is that of a used car salesman at a buy-here-pay-here car lot or that of being a fourth generation professional welfare recipient. Skilled and educated people that do real work for a living are tired of being your meal ticket! You are nothing but scum.

It is time to get off of your lazy behind and get a real job instead of trying to live off of the hard work, experience, education, and hard-earned skills of others. You should be ashamed of yourself! Living off of other people is simply immoral.

Why don’t you get a job as a used car salesperson?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

Dear Robert Half Technology Leaches:

Lacking the high-value, high-demand skills to earn a decent living on your own, you can only survive in the IT or engineering profession by attaching yourself to another’s earning power through the use of a written contract with restrictive shyster clauses that limit the IT or engineering contractor’s career choices upon completion of a project. To claim it is “your client” when you not have the skills, education, or experience to do the job is a lame excuse for being in the IT or engineering business. Without us, you have no client.

Many skilled IT and engineering professionals believe the only career choice that is lower than a contract technical recruiter is that of a used car salesman at a buy-here-pay-here car lot or that of being a fourth generation professional welfare recipient. Skilled and educated people that do real work for a living are tired of being your meal ticket! You are nothing but scum.

It is time to get off of your lazy behind and get a real job instead of trying to live off of the hard work, experience, education, and hard-earned skills of others. You should be ashamed of yourself! Living off of other people is simply immoral.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

John Charles Davis XI

92 months ago

Sincerely,

John Charles Davis XI, MSCS, MBA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD
Senior Software Engineer
john_davis_2367@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

M. Smith in Austin, Texas

92 months ago

anon said: Very disappointing agency. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. They are sales pitchmen but don't know the people they place OR the clients they serve. Their placement dept is weak, they can't keep their own employees it seems. Big dissatisfaction with staff at RH, let alone placements. They are a temp mill here in the Phoenix, AZ area. I found better agencies and haven't bothered with this MACHINE that operates off others' sweat. Don't bother with them alone, get other agencies working for you and you'll see the difference. This is a SALES company, not a staffing nor recruiting agency.

I agree - I've put in several resumes with these guys and I've never been contacted. With so few patent guys looking for in-house jobs at any give time, they should be all over a potential candidate to see if they're a good fit for another opening. Does anyone actually know of a GOOD IP headhunter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gayle in Dallas in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Betsy said: Office TEam/Robert Half-Atlanta-Total Bait and Switch. I have over 15 years of experience. I was interested in a position that was posted on the web. They tried to place me in another position that I was not interested in. Stay away from Appleone and Paces personnel too. Axiom is good.

Amen! The one in Dallas keeps running the same job opening, but when you inquire about it, they 'just filled it' or 'the client decided to hire from within', however, they have this OTHER job they'd like to put you in (usually a temp position). Then a week later, the original ad shows up again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andrew1236 in Palm Springs, California

92 months ago

They are thieves (that goes without saying). What is really disgusting is that they do nothing to justify their take. And they make no bones about it.

I was on a temp to hire situation last year, and the client wanted to hire me. I told RH the salary I wanted them to negotiate for me. They were like, "we do not neogtiate."

They do nothing. They are useless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Ann Arbor, Michigan

92 months ago

Very poor agency. They led me on to believe they were looking for a position for me for 6 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maryanne in Wallingford, Connecticut

92 months ago

Pete said: Same here in Conn...apply for one job...then hey I got another one for you...total bait & switch operation...

Exactly you are right, stamford, shelton all waste candidates are working there, you will never get a job in RH, all bogus advts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rh rhcuiter in Cleveland, Ohio

91 months ago

Wrong, they get a base pay of at least 45,000/yr I was interviewed to be a recruiter. the only reason you are not getting jobs is because you don't have the experience the company is looking for

Unidentified said: RH recruiters are all on commission. They need to place or no pay. I applied and the recruiter turn over was 3x in 6 months.
I went on 1 interview for which I was over qualified. very disappointing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in South Bend, Indiana

91 months ago

Robert Half in Fort Wayne IN is as useless as is described by other job seekers. I took all the testing, scored above average on everything, was given a time card on the spot, only to never hear from them again. That was six months ago. I have called and sent follow up letters and been ignored. It is frustrating, as they assured me they would have no trouble placing me. A complete waste of time!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

former RHi employee in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

Indy Anonymous said: I have to disagree, the offices in Indiana are great! I applied, was interviewed and tested the next day, and was placed on assignment the following day. In three days I had a job. They did a comprehensive job of evaluating my skills and experience and placed me in a perfect fit. When my assigment company's client was bought out and I was laid off, RHI Indianapolis was on the phones immediately and had me lined up for two new assignments! They're very professional, well-educated, and friendly. I wouldn't trust anyone else!! If you don't have the skills to be placed, they can't work magic. It seems to me a lot of you are bitter about this, not about RHI's impressive staff. Try buffing up your resume (and most importantly your educations) and re-apply. stop blaming others for your faults.
RHI is fantastic, and I would never use a lesser agency such as Kelly Services, Ajilon, Volt, or any other second-rate company.

Intersting that you are in the same town as Corp RHI and replying about a job in the midwest. MAx ask you to do it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Plainfield, Illinois

91 months ago

hopefully they will not be around for long. Office Team, RHI or any of there branches; all IL, Naperville offices are run by greedy recruiters who do not care about the people they interview. They use the majority of the people registered to fill there lower paying positionsbecause that is all they have, they are too busy stabbing each other in the back to get quality clients that aren't just hoping to use there temps and discard them. It's all about commission to them, they have no integrity or organization and forget you the day after you go through there extensive interview process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anon Columbia MD in Washington, District of Columbia

91 months ago

I think it is a waste of time also here in the mid Atlantic, especially for full time work and reasonable nonstarting pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

None in Ashaway, Rhode Island

91 months ago

A former Robert Half Manager said it best his comments follow:

I worked for RHI for 4 years 3 as a manager, and will give you the scoop. All they care about is their bottom line and nothing else. The turnover is horrible (god forbid your a top producer and have a bad quarter..you are gone), the post false jobs and as many as possible to bombard the job boards, and never return calls. This company had a great reputation but once they become a 3 billion organization they lost site of who they were and what made them successful. They treat their employees like crap and their candidates. They even lie to clients to produce jobs. I work for a small firm now with a great reputation and believes in ethics. Just some advice..If you are looking for a recruiter, focus on the small firms that will give you the attention needed and time to talk and really get to know you. Good luck in 2007 with your job search.

I say to everyone try them for your self and experience first hand the hell which is Robert Half.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mecki from PHX in Albuquerque, New Mexico

91 months ago

Wow,
I am shocked by all the negative feedback about Robert Half. My experience has been very good (I have worked with them for 4 years now) and at times when they did not have a suitable project available, I have found another one to cover the gap. The negative energy in this forum is impressive and in some cases I cannot understand why someone would wait 6 months for an agency to find a job for them? "Waiting" does not show much initiative, does it? So, if you are past the venting stage, why don't we use the comments here to make suggestions about agencies that DO work?? So far, I have seen Techsystems and another one that I will check out, as I am moving from PHX to Chicago next month. Another suggestion is to get your resumes written by a professional. That has made a big difference for me. Good luck and a most successful 2007!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Micky D in Stuart, Florida

91 months ago

In the 25 years of my professional career, Robert Half has NEVER helped me .... not once. Never got me even an interview, never a callback. One slimey rep to another. Don't know who they serve because they never got me through even one door. I worked with them in Connecticut years ago and more recently in West Palm Beach. All smiles, all backslappin, your best buddy .... then nothing. Oh, yeah .. and I second all the others on the 3-hour waste of time office "interview". You call them back and they tell you they will touch base with you next week. Next week comes and goes. Lots of excuses, no results. Don't waste your time with these slime balls. There are tons of other recruiting firms out there that will serve you much better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Luke Tushim in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

Contact Richard, Wayne and Roberts in Houston for Legal IP help.

M. Smith said:
I agree - I've put in several resumes with these guys and I've never been contacted. With so few patent guys looking for in-house jobs at any give time, they should be all over a potential candidate to see if they're a good fit for another opening. Does anyone actually know of a GOOD IP headhunter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

skepticNJ in Jersey City, New Jersey

91 months ago

I agree...the office in Woodbridge, NJ is the same. I was so upset I spent so much time there and it was a total waste. I just ignore all the posts...don't waste your time with them!

sigg said: Robert Half is also Office Team in St Louis. They have you waste 3 hours of your time interviewing and testing on software and give you a cheerleading session of how they are going to get you working ASAP. It turns out that they advertise jobs on the web to "phish" for candidates to add to their database and give you the run around on "their jobs". Don't waste your time. There are other temp agencies out there that do have assignments. Just don't waste your time with Robert Half, Office Team or Creative Group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kat in Oak Park, Illinois

91 months ago

Wow, I've gotta say...you guys have been helpful here.

I was just about to apply for 3 jobs with The Creative Group.

Guess I won't be doing that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Scottsdale, Arizona

91 months ago

Indy Anonymous said: I have to disagree, the offices in Indiana are great! I applied, was interviewed and tested the next day, and was placed on assignment the following day. In three days I had a job. They did a comprehensive job of evaluating my skills and experience and placed me in a perfect fit. When my assigment company's client was bought out and I was laid off, RHI Indianapolis was on the phones immediately and had me lined up for two new assignments! They're very professional, well-educated, and friendly. I wouldn't trust anyone else!! If you don't have the skills to be placed, they can't work magic. It seems to me a lot of you are bitter about this, not about RHI's impressive staff. Try buffing up your resume (and most importantly your educations) and re-apply. stop blaming others for your faults.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Recruits R Us in Exton, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

The more I read about technology and recruiting the more depressed I get. I think it comes down to the whole Dot Com Bomb. There are more qualified IT people than there are jobs. Therefore, companies can afford to be picky. I've found many want a jack-of-all-trades for a simple help desk. It is because they can. Then Robert Half-ass comes into play. I'll never understand how they can make any money with the numbers of people they disappoint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

boobania in Stuart, Florida

91 months ago

Recruits R Us is so right. The IT market is saturated. In 1998-99 you could practically name your price. So every Tom, Dick and Harry entering college decided to get a Masters in Information Technology, or an MCSE. Now the salaries have been depressed so much that employers can get someone with lots of talent for peanuts. I see these jobs in papers, internet, etc. - Employer looking for MCSE with .net programming skills, Linux skills, Cisco skills, 5+ years experience and work 24/7/365 - all for a measly salary of under $50K annually. Fuggetabutit ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Witheld in Minneapolis, Minnesota

90 months ago

You state you are in Indy. Really? Your city listed below the Indy bit is Plesanton CA. How odd. That is where RH home office is located. Might it be that you are working at RH and were tasked to post this glowing review? Just speculating here but I think others may think it a wonderful coincidence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

minnesotaman in Zimmerman, Minnesota

90 months ago

Yea its like the temp service people sit around on there butts all day long getting paid for nothing. Its like can i have your job lol. I went to Kelly services one time and there was 5 HR people in there and they all were drinking there coffee and talking and i walk in and they rolled there eyes like I was bothering them. I am like goodbye
I delt with others too where you do a 3 hour testing and they say they will place you but they never do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Austin, Texas

90 months ago

Witheld said: You state you are in Indy. Really? Your city listed below the Indy bit is Plesanton CA. How odd. That is where RH home office is located. Might it be that you are working at RH and were tasked to post this glowing review? Just speculating here but I think others may think it a wonderful coincidence.

I agree sounds pretty fishy to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

papamiller in Hilton, New York

90 months ago

I don't understand, the Robert Half company has to place people in jobs in order to get paid. Just bringing people in the front door and have then fill out an employment application does nothing for the company in terms of making money for the company. Sure, it may look good for the recruiter, but how long could that go on for with out placing folks?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Bradford, Rhode Island

90 months ago

They collect hundreds of resumes for each type of skill set. If they get a listing they submit the top applicant, or place a temp, which has the highest margin for RH.

All the other candidates are ignored. RH is NOT an employment service to candidates, RH will do NOTHING to help applicants search for employment. They bait people to submit resumes and will contact YOUR company knowing YOUR job will be vacant, trying to get a commission on YOUR current job. They soliciate your references, call your former companys looking for business. It is all about RH not about the candidates.

There is little cost to getting resumes so it only takes a few placements to maintain there offices and overhead. ALL RH recruiters are very unprofessional and arrogant, which by the way is the corporate business model. From top to bottom the organization and the people in it all STINK. They are all lowlifes preying on hardworking people who are acting on good faith, only to be raped by the Robert Half business model.

DO yourself a favor and tell as many people as you can to stay away. They place less then 1 percent of all the candidates that fall for their line of BS. 99 percent of the RH job listings are fake.

If you don't believe it try them and post your experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

papamiller in Hilton, New York

90 months ago

RH contacted me by phone a few days after I submitted my resume on their site.

I agreed to go to their office and meet with a representative. On the phone I clearly stated I was laid off from my previous employer and currently unemployed. So they weren't going to get any leads there.

I met with a gentleman who was very nice and told me how things work. BTW, on the phone, he told me they didn't have anything that fit my skill set. I even checked their web site for current openings.

After an hour at their office, I have to say it was a pleasant experience. Are they actively looking for work for me? Who knows; I haven't heard from them in several weeks and probably won't. I felt I had nothing to lose.

Not sure if you're familiar with the web site LinkedIn.com. It's a career networking site. You can invite people to join your network. It's to your advantage to have a large network.

Anyway, I located the recruiter who I met with on LinkedIn and sent him an invite. Needless to say, he never responded. We even had past employers in common.

Oh Well, nothing loss, nothing gained.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teri in Grand Forks, North Dakota

90 months ago

As a former recruiter turned educator reading these I can feel the frustration. However, I also know what it was like to interview 50 people a week and they all want your personal attention but the fact is...they weren't paying my salary. I was paid by the employer for whom I found the "right" chemistry and experience. Applicants don't really realize that recruiters do care about you but they don't necessarily have your best interests as their focal point...they can't, or they wouldn't be able to survive financially. It all has to work together. (Many agencies are strictly commission based or provide a minimum draw against commission.) If permanent placement people place even less than ten people each month and more likely 3-5 out of the hundreds that they see, they are doing VERY well $$$ With temporary placement it is a little different story but it is a hurry up and get somebody over "there" now type of deal. In temporary placement situations it is best to contact the person you are working with "daily" (don't tell them I said that) because when you interview several people each day it is too easy to forget the person you interviewed yesterday let alone last week. I am sure computerized databases have changed and improved some of those problems since I did it awhile ago.
With permanent placement they don't want you to call them too often because that takes too much time away from what they really need to be doing and that is developing job openings with employers and recruiting. And yes, there are really good recruiters and really bad recruiters out there (sometimes within the same agency) because the recruiting/placement industry isn't regulated and not too many people want to work on commission. It is up to you to ask to work with someone else or to go somewhere else if you aren't getting results but the really good ones are worth their weight in gold! They know their employers hiring profiles and have established good working relationships.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lala sd in San Diego, California

90 months ago

rh rhcuiter said: Wrong, they get a base pay of at least 45,000/yr I was interviewed to be a recruiter. the only reason you are not getting jobs is because you don't have the experience the company is looking for
Did you end up taking the job? I had a second interview today but after reading what others have posted I am thinking twice about the position. It's true, they do offer a base plus commission and you do make money off of placing candidates. That being said, I can't figure why they wouldn't want to place as many people as they could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Former RHi'r in Saint Paul, Minnesota

90 months ago

If you are going in to the staffing arena. do not go to RHI. it is a stab your "team mate" in the crawl on thier back to get ahead enviroment. thier are 200+ better staffing firms to work for. RHI has one good thing going for them. thier 17 million dollar marketing campaign. other than that thier managers have no power and are puppets of thier bosses. they are a machine. ask about turnover before you accept a position thier. yes they pay a base, but most of thier hires never work a year! thier turnover rate is 145% the highest in the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former RHi'r in Saint Paul, Minnesota

90 months ago

wow, my grammer stinks. Sorry

Jennifer in Alpharetta, Georgia

90 months ago

Betsy said: Office TEam/Robert Half-Atlanta-Total Bait and Switch. I have over 15 years of experience. I was interested in a position that was posted on the web. They tried to place me in another position that I was not interested in. Stay away from Appleone and Paces personnel too. Axiom is good.

I totally agree with you concerning the Atlant agencies for Robert Half and Accountemps. I have gone to both the Cumberland location and the Buckhead location, but have not received one position from them in the field of Accounting in which I have over 15 years of experience.

A great company I've found is Spherion. Both their Temporary and Full Time placement work together to make sure that their candidates are working. They find out who you are and what you're about before they place you with a company. Ask for Liz or Colby Buell at the one located off of Peachtree Street if you are interested in Accounting positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laurie in Wisconsin in West Salem, Wisconsin

90 months ago

I have experience from a slightly different angle. I worked at a large company that had contracted directly with Adecco before I started. However, we found their services to be severely lacking in placement of our accounting/finance/admin jobs. During this time, Accountemps and Robert Half were always calling and sending resumes of their latest candidates...even though we didn't have openings. At first it was kind of annoying, but we couldn't ignore how much better their candidates looked on paper. We finally started to interview and place them. We ended up changing our staffing affliations to include candidates from RH and Accounttemps. They consistantly had more qualified canidates and made better matches for us. They would listen to what we wanted, response quickly, and were very proactive. We did pay a higher rate, but it was worth it. I will say we were choosey with who we hired. I looked at 10-20 resumes and interview 3-5 canidates. Also, they did negociate rates on behalf of their clients. We would make an offer, and if their candidate was unwilling to accept it...they let us know. If we wanted them, we had to adjust. I agree they are a sales organization from the stand point that they are agressive in marketing their candidates and placing them. It seems from what I'm reading that they need to be more up front with those they are not interested in working with. It would be more professional and save frustration. Compared to who we could find on our own, or through other agencies...RH placements were the best and were always offered permanent placement when possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Art Vandalay in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Kevin said: They collect hundreds of resumes for each type of skill set. If they get a listing they submit the top applicant, or place a temp, which has the highest margin for RH.
All the other candidates are ignored. RH is NOT an employment service to candidates, RH will do NOTHING to help applicants search for employment. They bait people to submit resumes and will contact YOUR company knowing YOUR job will be vacant, trying to get a commission on YOUR current job. They soliciate your references, call your former companys looking for business. It is all about RH not about the candidates.
There is little cost to getting resumes so it only takes a few placements to maintain there offices and overhead. ALL RH recruiters are very unprofessional and arrogant, which by the way is the corporate business model. From top to bottom the organization and the people in it all STINK. They are all lowlifes preying on hardworking people who are acting on good faith, only to be raped by the Robert Half business model.
DO yourself a favor and tell as many people as you can to stay away. They place less then 1 percent of all the candidates that fall for their line of BS. 99 percent of the RH job listings are fake.
If you don't believe it try them and post your experience.

Ive never heard inventory bitch so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

papamiller in Rochester, New York

89 months ago

You may call it inventory, but many view it as deceitful.

If what RH is doing is about making money or getting ahead of their competition, then let RH play their games. They shouldn't take advantage of folks who are out of work and who rely on help from agencys to find work. RH should be upfront with people and let them know how they do business and what they can expect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

SnowCrash in Columbus, Ohio

89 months ago

I don't think RH is much different than any other franchise. It really depends on the individual franchise. here in Columbus I was once called by an RH head hunter. Talked me into agreeing to come in for a chat and asked me to 'be sure to register first' The 'registration' consists of an application, and the providing of NINE references!!! Yes...NINE!!!
I had to reschedule the interview but the head hunter, who was so nice earlier, now refused to answer his calls or call me back until I 'registered'.

My advice would be to scope out the individual franchise in your area thoroughly and ask around. I would also NEVER provide references until I knew that a position I wanted was at hand and even then not until we had agreed on a compensation package contingent pon good references. if that's not good enough for them tough.
Its an IT workers market right now...finally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tenisha in Carmel, Indiana

89 months ago

I have to say my experience with Ajilon in Indianapolis was great! while I was in the office they made calls to some of their clients and found me a job right away! No other place has ever tried that hard for me. It was just a temporary job and i've since found a job on my own, but I will always remember them in a positive way and I tell everyone not to bother with any agencies but Ajilon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rhi4eva in Pleasanton, California

89 months ago

anon said: The Chicago Office hasn't a clue either.
Most of the 'management' are kids recently out of school.
Additionally, most of theire efforts are faxing your resume to companies NOT actively recruiting.
As for contracting/freelance fees-- count on them taking more than half (yeh, it's a pun) of the total AND they lowball.
The sad thing is there are those of us who really need work to pay a mortgage.

Right. Good one. You are a candidate that has been in both the Arizona and Chicago offices? I'm not buying it. If you can't get a job through this agency you need to look in a mirrow. It's not their fault, it's yours. Why are you still unemploye? - have you truly asked yourself that? What type of success have you had? It doesn't sound like much. I've been in a very competitive market for RHI for the passed four years and they have been very good to me. Also, I'm pretty sure these 'kids' don't use fax machine. Maybe your technical abilities keep leaving you second in the interviewing process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

John Charles Davis XI, MSCS, MBA, MCSE.. said: Dear Robert Half Technology Leaches:

because i make twice as much as you. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

former RHi employee said:
Intersting that you are in the same town as Corp RHI and replying about a job in the midwest. MAx ask you to do it?

corporate is in pleasanton california.

good one thought. i think you got 'em!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jid in Lafayette, California

89 months ago

RHI told me they had several oppertunities and that I had to meet them in person and test. When I got there there and met with them I was told the oppertunities were gone, but not to worry they could find one fairly quickly with my skill set. RHI never EVER got me an interview, however I was able to get about 17 interviews all by my self in one month.

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Oh yes, the Robert Half rat finks in Atlanta are absolutely despicable. I had moved up to Atlanta from Miami. In Miami, I have to say that my experience with Office Team was fairly positive for the 3 or so years that I had been involved with them. (So let's underline Atlanta RHI here.) The receptionist was an absolute doll; she was the nicest lady. So naturally, I figured, I would transfer myself over to the Atlanta office and the world would be a great place. Yea, right! So let's go down the list: They don't follow up. They don't return your calls. This follows the fact that the agents don't answer your calls in the first place. Normally, a rather indifferent, rushing to get you off the phone receptionist answers your call and transfers you to one of the agents. Where then said agent weasel does not answer and you go into voice mail. This goes without saying. And rarely – underline that word – RARELY – will your message ever be acknowledged in the form of a return call. Rarely! (CONT.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.