How to get a job at Robert Half.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

Do you work at Robert Half? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Prior RH Recruiter in Poway, California

91 months ago

Show up, act motivated, serious and interested. Wear a suit. Pretend to like everyone. Do not have any opinions. Have pop-culture observations that revolve around stupid TV. They need people, turnover is very high. And, I am not joking or sarcastic. This is it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

x-Half

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Robert Half? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Hello...

I worked for RHI for about a year and it was the worst job ever. I worked for Xerox and a consulting firm in the past. The company put you in a very regiment type of activities & you can't deviate from them. It has double standard as they want you to care for the client but you are not being taken care off.

I got the job because I was applying for a position there and it was the worst thing I ever done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking for help in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Hello,

Does anyone knows what type of exam they give and what is the purpose for it? For example, one of the recruiter told me that I need to take an excel and accounting exam. After reading the postings on this board I am seriously thinking about canceling my appointment.

Is there a valid purpose for this exam? What are they trying to test you on? Does it effect your placement chances? How much should I prepare myself?

Thank you for your response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in San Rafael, California

91 months ago

All temp agencies make you take tests. They're fairly easy if you've ever used the programs. It's mainly to gage your strengths and weaknesses so they know where to possibly place you. If you're going to temp, definitely sign up for more than one agency, because there's no guarantee that they'll send you anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenna RHI Recruiter in Redlands, California

89 months ago

I am a recruiter for RHI Accountemps, and to be very honest the assestments are not pass or fail they are just to test your skill level. I have worked for Accountemps for a long time now and I can tell you, I treat all of my candidtes and clients with respect. Maybe all of you have just had bad recruiters. The assestments help us determine where your skills are so that we can find you the best position possiible, we obviously don't want to send you to a staff accountant position if you are a bookkeeper.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

victoria in Eugene, Oregon

89 months ago

what is it that you do. i have done some office work but it was only assisting my boss with filing, payroll, paying bills and other work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

victoria in Eugene, Oregon

89 months ago

so yeah if anyone has an idea of how much it makes i am up for a new task. sorry no helpful comments just looking for work

RHFA Dv. Coord. in Pleasanton, California

88 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Robert Half? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

- I support Finance & Accounting division for Robert Half and the best advice I could give you as to getting a job with us or any of our sister companies is to know what you want in a job. Also to come to your interview, with the recruiter, prepared. If you haven't been told before.. "First impression is EVERYTHING!" I can only speak for the Finance and Accounting side because I know the recruiters very well. They will always ask you in the beginning what your 3 top keys are in a job, whther it's money, location, work/life balance.. and they will find a position for you that has atleast 2 out of the 3 keys you gave them.

We are a cut-throat company and may have high turn over but see the thing is.. most folks take the positions as a recruiter thinking it's fast easy money with no hard work put into it. I can guarantee you that everyone here, works their ass off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Willingboro, New Jersey

85 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has had experience in the management resource account executive role and if so is it very demanding and worth it as long as you put your best foot forward? is there a high turnover for this kind of role? thanks

your name in Manchester, New Hampshire

85 months ago

very high turnover - unreal actually.... there are better jobs out there - MUCH better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cindy in Manchester, New Hampshire

85 months ago

walk away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carie In Sacramento, CA

85 months ago

My experience with RH: In the past 2 years I signed up 2 times with RHalf & Office Team and have NEVER BEEN PLACED in ANY KIND of position! I have never been offered work for any position I have been interested in (clerical). I did the routine tests, interviews, etc. and have only been offered one long-term position (doint some sort of accounting & proofreading), that wasn't at all what I orignially applied for and I was especially disappointed to find out that another temp agency I was signed up with had the same position, for the same employer and they offered more money! Which meant that I didn't get to work for either one. For me, signing up with Robert Half and/or Office Team and calling in every week has been just a BIG JOKE, so I don't even bother calling, etc. any more. Hope that gives you some idea about how they work in the Sacramento area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.