What's the company culture at Robert Half?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Robert Half?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Robert Half?

Reply - Report abuse

dEPENds in Pleasanton, California

91 months ago

RHI has several different names, Accontemps, Officteam, the creative group, robert half technology, robert half finance and acconting, benchmark, robert half legal, and protiviti. The culture depends on where you are at; although all require professional dress. It is a sales enviorment where say "hi" to everyone who passes by is a must, but outside of work most don't interact. The turnover is very high. Those who stay are usually complaicent and very polical. Don't judge the company by every person you talk to, but if you trust someone understands what you want in your job search (ask them to repeat it to you) then use them. If you don't then move on. It will save you hassel. It's a great place to get what you want done if you want to be at their corporat office. Lots of change happens and its a very flat organization. Again politics can be a problem for some. To be sucessful, keep your head down learn what you can and look for your own opportunities. Your day will depend on what you are looking for, a recruiter = hard core sales, corporate = depends on positon (ask they never are what the description says), Protivit = different every project and can be lots of travel, but intelligent people with a degree in "Bull.S." (quoted from a Protiviti employee's mouth).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Withheld in Texas in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

Ask Shad Lira about company culture. He made it up to Regional Manager by working from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day until he had a massive heart attack and nearly died before turning 35. Rah rah rah Robert Half. Your company culture? Check your "activity" 4 times a day, go to brown bag training sessions 5 times a day on how to "fine tune at noon" and make your 25 connects; how to pull out your chair, answer your phone, wipe your rear -- follow the "recipie" and succeed. Paul Gentzkow sets the dress code to funeral wear -- suits, ties, heels, hose. His memo "Let them remember us for how we dress." Comforting to a $10 an hour clerk who needs to work to pay his light bill that you have a Prada purse and 3-piece suit on. Idiots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

No thanx in North Chelmsford, Massachusetts

90 months ago

As a previous employee of RHI - Officeteam I can tell you that it is business professional dress, suit and tie. They expect 125/12 every week. Which means 125 connects and 12 client visits every week. It is a sweat shop from 8am to 6pm monday through friday. The managers do not care who you call or how many times you call them as long as you talk to someone. The officeteam division ha a rediculous mark up of around 70% and the commission structure is lacking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Pleasanton, California

87 months ago

As a CURRENT employee of RHI- Officeteam, the office attire is Professional. If you were coming in for an interview, wouldnt you want to see your recruiter, someone working hard for you, dressed professional? I think so. This company offers a lot to the person that wants to work for it. The pay is decent, the benefits are good, and the commission is quicker than other companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

RHI almost cost me the job they had put me into. After 6 months I was up for renewal; account mgr asked if I needed a raise. Then went to my mgr at client and increased the bill rate for OVER 4X WHAT I HAD ASKED FOR. Thank God mgr liked me: he called me into his office rather upset, asked "What were you thinking?" We figured out the whole thing and he fired RHI on the spot (called them with me in the office). He said they had been driving him crazy on different things and now that my six months was up, he was DONE. He never used them again. I was there for almost three years after that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra Millar in Coventry, United Kingdom

84 months ago

I found Robert Half and its subsidiary Protiviti to be a very unprofessional company. I worked at Protiviti in London as their Government sector expert until April 2007. I was sacked for raising my concerns about the company's non-compliance with legislative requirements. I am now taking legal action and an employment tribunal is scheduled for October 2007. It seems that the company's publicity about high corporate governance standards was a smoke screen. As most of Protiviti's senior management are ex-Andersen partners you would have thought they'd learnt their lesson after the Enron affair.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BL in Tucson

84 months ago

Sandra Millar in Coventry, United Kingdom said: It seems that the company's publicity about high corporate governance standards was a smoke screen.

This reminds me of my time at Merrill Lynch - in that they had five principles they constantly trumpeted - integrity and respect for the individual were a couple of them - but the reality is these were just phrases that weren't evident in the real ML world.

I don't think there is any way to tell what a company is like before working there - it will mostly come down to what kind of people your boss and co-workers are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

Sandra Millar in Coventry, United Kingdom said: I found Robert Half and its subsidiary Protiviti to be a very unprofessional company. I worked at Protiviti in London as their Government sector expert until April 2007. I was sacked for raising my concerns about the company's non-compliance with legislative requirements. I am now taking legal action and an employment tribunal is scheduled for October 2007. It seems that the company's publicity about high corporate governance standards was a smoke screen. As most of Protiviti's senior management are ex-Andersen partners you would have thought they'd learnt their lesson after the Enron affair.

Fifth spam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

dethbabe in Goodyear, Arizona

79 months ago

I worked on the administration side of Robert Half. I was responsible for administrative aspects of Office Team, Accountemps, and RHFA. The uncaring, money hungry recruiters drove me crazy. I felt as if they should be sincerely trying to help people find employment and that their commission should be a bonus to helping these people improve their situations. Unfortunately, that is not how it is. They are solely in it for the money and will squash anyone who gets in their way. The ridiculous meetings they have through conference calls are akin to hyped up pyramid scheme meetings where everyone is doing this stupid rally around the company like a bunch of zombies. It's just weird. Everyone is very superficial and fake. I was miserable there and will NEVER use their services. I've seen first hand how they treat their clients and employees.
Not only have I been an RHI employee, but I have used their "services" in trying to find employment. Their recruiter was unprofessional and extremely difficult to get ahold of.
All in all, I give this company and A for image but an F for integrity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dethbabe in Goodyear, Arizona

79 months ago

dEPENds in Pleasanton, California said: RHI has several different names, Accontemps, Officteam, the creative group, robert half technology, robert half finance and acconting, benchmark, robert half legal, and protiviti. The culture depends on where you are at; although all require professional dress. It is a sales enviorment where say "hi" to everyone who passes by is a must, but outside of work most don't interact. The turnover is very high. Those who stay are usually complaicent and very polical. Don't judge the company by every person you talk to, but if you trust someone understands what you want in your job search (ask them to repeat it to you) then use them. If you don't then move on. It will save you hassel. It's a great place to get what you want done if you want to be at their corporat office. Lots of change happens and its a very flat organization. Again politics can be a problem for some. To be sucessful, keep your head down learn what you can and look for your own opportunities. Your day will depend on what you are looking for, a recruiter = hard core sales, corporate = depends on positon (ask they never are what the description says), Protivit = different every project and can be lots of travel, but intelligent people with a degree in "Bull.S." (quoted from a Protiviti employee's mouth).

I understand the idea behind your post, but when your spelling and grammar are as poor as yours, it is difficult to take your comment seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bareman in Minneapolis, Minnesota

79 months ago

To all who have commented about Robert Quarter...Mr. Gentzkow has a rather tawdry past starting in Fargo, ND. Fired by Norwest (Wells Fargo) after an investigation by the FBI into his and the banks actions. Hired by Marquette Bank of Minneapolis he was let go before he even started when news of the investigation reached upper management. For further information you can also call the ND Securities Commission. This guy was sued for something north of $32,000,000 back in ND by a number of clients of Norwest. This guy has only one goal and that is too make as much money as he can and bury all of the skeletons of those he burns in his path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.