What's the company culture at SAIC?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at SAIC?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at SAIC?

Reply - Report abuse

Frederick Connor in Mclean, Virginia

89 months ago

Every group is different. Make sure you find out if they will work you to death or not because if you get in the wrong group, you'll be dealing with a ton of abuse. Try and see if the interviewer squirms when you ask about the turnover rates and the hours involved. I worked in 2 different places and 2 different groups. I hated them both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in San Diego, California

88 months ago

I worked at SAIC for over 15 years. Fredrick is correct. If you get a good boss then life is good. If you have children you may want to pay special attention to the boss and if they are simpathetic to family issues like sick children, flex hours etc. All of the contracts I worked on allowed casual attire since we didn't deal directly with a customer. I owned only blue jeans. Depending on the people you work with you may find a happy hour core of people. Realize that the company has over 40000 employees all over the country, each place like there own little company with their own set of managers. I would get a feel for the people you are working with if you end up interviewing with them. There is no typical day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denver Jones FA in Fairbanks, Alaska

43 months ago

Frederick Connor in Mclean, Virginia said: Every group is different. Make sure you find out if they will work you to death or not because if you get in the wrong group, you'll be dealing with a ton of abuse. Try and see if the interviewer squirms when you ask about the turnover rates and the hours involved. I worked in 2 different places and 2 different groups. I hated them both.

I've noticed you have responded in both SAIC and BAH forums. Obvious dissatisfaction towards both companies. Which one did you despise the least?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stu Pidis in Temecula, California

4 months ago

Wasted four years of my life working for SAIC. Good raises came to the best ass kissers. Anyone complaining would get his/her walking papers from the head hunter we got from back east. A real tool this guy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.