How to get a job at SAIC.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 66)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at SAIC? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

shawn in Hampton, Virginia

86 months ago

it varies wildly between business units and locations. Knowing someone that works there and knows some other people is essential to even get an interview in many areas while they hire people off the street through traditional hiring practices in some other areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Middletown, Rhode Island

85 months ago

shawn said: it varies wildly between business units and locations. Knowing someone that works there and knows some other people is essential to even get an interview in many areas while they hire people off the street through traditional hiring practices in some other areas.
I have been applying for positions with SAIC for the last several months. I feel I am a perfect candidate for the positions warranting at least a phone call, but nothing ever comes of it, and yet the positions still remain open on their web site. I wish I could get a response from them, at least something saying "we found someone else more qualified" or " we are looking for more refined skills in this area..." Oh well, I will keep trying. I have met many people who work with them and I have heard nothing but great things about them. They all seemed quite happy to be apart of their organization.
Chris
Middletown, RI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

To Chris from Rhode Island - I work at SAIC and each division is responsible for notifying the site admin of whether or not the position has been filled. Sometimes it can take months for the position to be removed from the site, and there are a lot of applications coming in from online sources so you REALLY need to stand out on the Resume. More often than not they hire by word of mouth (via networking). I even tried to get my fiancee a job here by sending her resume directly to HR and barely got a response. Its brutal but once you get in the company the work is great!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Pete in Saint Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

Chrisin Middletown, Rhode Island said: I have been applying for positions with SAIC for the last several months. I feel I am a perfect candidate for the positions warranting at least a phone call, but nothing ever comes of it, and yet the positions still remain open on their web site. I wish I could get a response from them, at least something saying "we found someone else more qualified" or " we are looking for more refined skills in this area..." Oh well, I will keep trying. I have met many people who work with them and I have heard nothing but great things about them. They all seemed quite happy to be apart of their organization.
Chris
Middletown, RI

Find out the recruiting agency that particular SAIC office uses and apply through them. Be careful on the contract or you WILL get screwed. I have gone through the same thing only to find out an idiot agency does ALL of their recruiting and HR is just the middle man. I have tried to follow up and contact their office - no response, I have tried to contact national HQ and still no response.

The recruiting agency setup an interview with SAIC for me and I was turned down "due to culture shock" of living in a BIG city! (I hate to break it to them, but St Louis is NOT a BIG city)

Good luck on your searching, you haven't lost anything here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Carpenter in Washington, District of Columbia

85 months ago

Alot of the positions are for contracts that they are currently bidding on, but do not have yet. They post them to get resumes to help get the contract, but that doesnt rewuire them to hire you, even if it was your resume that won the contract. Try going to job fairs, call the recruiters personnaly. It will happen eventually

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Ryan Carpenter in Washington, District of Columbia said: Alot of the positions are for contracts that they are currently bidding on, but do not have yet. They post them to get resumes to help get the contract, but that doesnt rewuire them to hire you, even if it was your resume that won the contract. Try going to job fairs, call the recruiters personnaly. It will happen eventually

Yes, going to fairs or conferences and shaking hands with project managers and VP's are a great tool. They will remember your name are you are IN! This technique has worked for me and I have received 3 offers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DC in DC in Washington, District of Columbia

85 months ago

It is VERY difficult to get a job at SAIC if you do not have a military background. Just a "heads-up" to all the job seekers out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Military discipline is a good thing to have, but that will only take you so far. I have a security clearance, the required experience, been trained with the specific skills they asked for, have used and still use that particular office's end product since 2003 for military operations. And I was passed over!

Just because they list the salary range SAIC or the recruiting agency will pay and they ask you 'the salary you will work for?' DO NOT SAY ANYTHING!! I stated the middle of the range and I later over-heard another recruit mention he asked for $2/hr less than mine. Guess who received an offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Keisha in Knoxville in San Marcos, California

84 months ago

Host said: Do you work at SAIC? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I currently work for SAIC and have for about 4 monthes now. the company seems like one of the better staffing solution companies out there with alot of promise for advancement and growth. I found teh job through an ad on careerbuilder.com which led me to an interview. I work at the Oak Ridge TN site. SAIC has thier hands in alot of DoE DoD and Private sector support. I wouldnt say startout that they have the best pay range but Runor has it that once you are in it could lead you to a promising career. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Over all, I have had a great working experience for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Keisha in Knoxville in San Marcos, California said: I currently work for SAIC and have for about 4 monthes now. the company seems like one of the better staffing solution companies out there with alot of promise for advancement and growth. I found teh job through an ad on careerbuilder.com which led me to an interview. I work at the Oak Ridge TN site. SAIC has thier hands in alot of DoE DoD and Private sector support. I wouldnt say startout that they have the best pay range but Runor has it that once you are in it could lead you to a promising career. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Over all, I have had a great working experience for this company.

When you reach 5 months and 29 days, I would contact the recruiter and the HR POC at SAIC and remind them that your 6 month contract expires tomorrow and you will be at their office FIRST THING to sign an SAIC Full-time employment contract. Do not let them SCREW you over!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Spokane, WA in Spokane, Washington

84 months ago

I was wondering what a Logistics Technician will start out with, salary wise, if job location is in Germany? And, does SAIC have contracts in Afghanistan or the Middle East?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Edward in Huntsville, Alabama

83 months ago

Pete in Saint Louis, Missouri said: When you reach 5 months and 29 days, I would contact the recruiter and the HR POC at SAIC and remind them that your 6 month contract expires tomorrow and you will be at their office FIRST THING to sign an SAIC Full-time employment contract. Do not let them SCREW you over!!

Please explain your statement "Do not let them SCREW you over!!" I am working on a temporary contract (April 3 - October 31). Is it policy that for SAIC to extend me a permanent position at the end of my 6-months?

Thanks Pete

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tired of being undercut in Medford, New Jersey

83 months ago

ashwathnarayan in Bangalore, India said: SAIC India invites you to explore the opportunities galore on 3rd & 4th March 2007 at SAIC India facility. We at SAIC believe & strive to enrich careers of people on professional values and ethics. Part of SAIC Inc., a global leader in Defense, Space, Energy, Utilities and Life Sciences Consulting, SAIC India puts emphasis on People, Practices and Processes to excel and have been successful for the last 3 years since its inception in India. SAIC India offers attractive compensation packages in commensurate with the market and rewards & recognizes its employees based on performance excellence.

Web Developer: 2+ Years
ASP 3.0, VB 6.0, Java script, SQL, HTML, CSS and IIS

Gee, too bad this date has passed. Otherwise, I'm sure we'd all just jet on over there to compete for a job in our own country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Antonio Andrews in Dallas, North Carolina

82 months ago

Work at homeland security for approx., three years as a WMD Instructor and live agent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Spokane, WA in Spokane, Washington

82 months ago

I need a job working a job in the Logistics/Supply Chain field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Bryce Anderson (UNO) in Omaha, Nebraska

82 months ago

Do not reply on your skills, your education and experiences to work for SAIC, especially at SAIC for Eros Data Center in South Dakota.
Instead reply on who you know, and the number of friends, or connection you have there.
It's so unfortunate and sad.
Believe me, I know what I am talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I meant to say "rely" instead of "reply"

Do not rely on your skills, your education and experiences to work for SAIC, especially at SAIC for Eros Data Center in South Dakota.
Instead rely on who you know, and the number of friends, or connection you have there.
It's so unfortunate and sad.
Believe me, I know what I am talking about

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Silver Spring, MD in Alexandria, Virginia

82 months ago

My experience has been the same as many who have already posted. I have sent in a very strong resume, I have tried to find contacts inside and out to help, and I have called directly to try and reach a recruiter. I can handle a rejection letter, but it is insulting and thoroughly unprofessional to be treated with dead silence time after time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joanne Rae in Centreville, Virginia

82 months ago

I am highly-qualifed (several post-graduate degrees), and have applied for a couple of positions in SAIC for which I believed I was well-suited. But, none have even earned me a phone call or interview. My one (HUGE) snag is that I am not a citizen, and I wonder if anyone can tell me if SAIC only hires US citizens?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

It doesn't matter being a US citizen or not, have more than 100 degrees and 1000 of years of experiences. This company SAIC do not hire base on your qualification. Find yourself a friend or a relative inside. You will get hire with HS diploma for the job where a MS is required.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jammies in Christmas, Florida

81 months ago

Joanne Rae in Centreville, Virginia said: I am highly-qualifed (several post-graduate degrees), and have applied for a couple of positions in SAIC for which I believed I was well-suited. But, none have even earned me a phone call or interview. My one (HUGE) snag is that I am not a citizen, and I wonder if anyone can tell me if SAIC only hires US citizens?

For many, maybe even most, of the positions at SAIC, you must be a US Citizen. It is a very difficult and expensive process to get a security clearance if you are not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

asda in Ashburn, Virginia

81 months ago

I wish they give out examination for all the postion they have and conceder hiring according to the score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Loved SAIC in Minot, North Dakota

80 months ago

Keisha in Knoxville in San Marcos, California said: I currently work for SAIC and have for about 4 monthes now. the company seems like one of the better staffing solution companies out there with alot of promise for advancement and growth. I found teh job through an ad on careerbuilder.com which led me to an interview. I work at the Oak Ridge TN site. SAIC has thier hands in alot of DoE DoD and Private sector support. I wouldnt say startout that they have the best pay range but Runor has it that once you are in it could lead you to a promising career. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Over all, I have had a great working experience for this company.

Hi, I worked with SAIC overseas from 2001-2005. Excellent company and they really take care of their employees. When I moved back to the States, they couldn't find me a job within their company and sent me a letter stating their well wishes. I have nothing but good things to say about this company. If they will allow it, I will work for them until I retire. Also, it takes months to fill in a job within the military community, depending on funding. The contract is there, but there may not be enough funding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John in San Diego, California

80 months ago

I worked at SAIC for over 15 years. I saw alot of people leave the company and alot of new people hired. Even for people within the company it can be difficult to find work once the contract you are working on is up. Many times you need the exact qualifications. Going from contract to contract is like being hired all over again. You interview with the new manager and since they are responsible for the outcome of the work will interview you the same as if you are a new incoming employee. If you have little experience or just classwork in the area that you are trying to get into, you may find it difficult to find new work within the company once your contract is up. If you are willing to move anywhere in the country then finding new work within the company after your contract is up becomes easier. You may find yourself not working in your area of expertise in order to stay with the company after your contract is up. HR is not there to look for work for you. You will need to hustle and talk to hiring managers yourself. It is called survival. If you want to get in to SAIC you will need to find out who the hiring manager is and contact them direct. HR gets hundres of resumes and since they are not necessarily technical, may weed you out even if you are a close candidate.
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nichole Krist in Falls Church, Virginia

79 months ago

Please don't even keep trying, I worked for them and it was a really bad experience. They use people and throw them away. They outsource their HR,the company doesn't even know what is going on. Don't work there if you need a stable full time job with health insurance, especially if you have children that rely on your income and support.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44149 in cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

Hi Nichole
Did you work at the Cleveland Ohio location?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HIRED in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

78 months ago

If you have not been referred by an employee, either former or current, or an agency I may be able to assist you. Only if the above is true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

HIRED in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

78 months ago

Any person willing/wanting to work for SAIC and has not sent in:
A. Resume referred by a current and/or past employee
B. Resume referred by Recruiting agency within 6 months

Has military/security clearance, know your exact salary requirements, and are able to clearly express your skills, knowledge, ability, and experience, please send me your resume with all of your information including salary requirement to resume@gate.net Strictly for serious candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

44149 in cleveland, Ohio

78 months ago

I am serious. I currently am finishing up the Customer Service training course for DFAS retirees call center and I am a temp with Lockheed Martain. I would like to be an employee of DFAS. Can you help me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DN in Andersonville, Tennessee

77 months ago

I'm a former employee of SAIC. Often the hiring managers already have someone picked for the position before posting anything. They often post postions as a mere formality without intending on bringing anyone new into the fold.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Xuemei Chen in Alexandria, Virginia

71 months ago

I have the same experience as many of you had here. This is the Nth time I applied for a SAIC job. And again I think I am the perfect candidate for this position. And again I get nothing even if a phone call, and yet the the positions still remain open on their web site. They even post it later at Washington Post with a minor change: lower the qualification from Ph.D to Master. Does it mean the position is still available and they are stilling searching for better candidates? I just can not understand why I couldn't get a chance. I do need help. Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

xinuan in Newtonville, Massachusetts

71 months ago

Working for SAIC is like working for Kelly Temps. Once the contract ends so does your job. The culture is Quasi-Military. SAIC's mentality prefers somenone that has been in the military and may know nothing versus a civilian with an advanced degree and significant experience. Don't bother to apply unless you're desparate for work or experience. Be prepared to move on because eventually the macho culture of the place will grate on you. In the Spring of 2005 SAIC had Gallup conduct an employee satisfaction poll. SAIC rated in the bottom 45% in employee satisfaction among their competitors. Don't be fooled by how SAIC's promos show the US Flag and the Eagle, that's all for show. Read about how SAIC traditionally spends more then the budgeted contract amount and then seeks to get the government to give them more $$$ in cost overruns. Vanity Fair (VF)Magazine called SAIC the $8 Billion Shadow. Read the March 2007 article in VF and you may decide not to waste your time applying to this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Daily Time in Salt Lake City, Utah

68 months ago

What's the pay range for an Elec Tech? Thanks. I'm in Hampton Roads (VA Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, etc.). Can somebody help me get in with SAIC. I'm ex-military with a 4 yr business degree. I got four kids to support!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California

67 months ago

I work in HR as a temp and I can tell you from the files I look at, there is SO MUCH room for career growth within the company. It really is a great place to work and I do pray that I get hired on full-time perm. The only drawback that I see in the company is the transfers between locations. But hey, if you're willing to move and make the same amount of money in a lower-cost-of-living state, I'd do it, too. And yes, they get paid very dearly. From talking to my co-workers, the best way to get your foot in the door is through a hiring agency. They're all temps and those who work directly for SAIC have been hired on as temps at the very beginning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Par Four in Troy, Michigan

65 months ago

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California said: I work in HR as a temp and I can tell you from the files I look at, there is SO MUCH room for career growth within the company. It really is a great place to work and I do pray that I get hired on full-time perm. The only drawback that I see in the company is the transfers between locations. But hey, if you're willing to move and make the same amount of money in a lower-cost-of-living state, I'd do it, too. And yes, they get paid very dearly. From talking to my co-workers, the best way to get your foot in the door is through a hiring agency. They're all temps and those who work directly for SAIC have been hired on as temps at the very beginning.

Do you know who the name of the recruiting company they use in Michigan?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California

65 months ago

Unfortunately, I don't know the ones they use in Michigan. I work through TOPS. Others have joined through Volt, K Force and Innovative Employee Solutions.

Par Four in Troy, Michigan

65 months ago

NikkiFromSD in San Diego, California said: Unfortunately, I don't know the ones they use in Michigan. I work through TOPS. Others have joined through Volt, K Force and Innovative Employee Solutions.

Thanks

Charles McCoy in Winchester, Virginia

64 months ago

I've been working for SAIC-Frederick, Inc. for about 5 months now. SAIC-Frederick is a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC (which we call "SAIC Corporate"). We are contractors for the National Cancer Institute at Frederick. From what I've read above, it looks like SAIC Corporate hires differently than SAIC-Frederick.

Here's my story: I applied for an entry level position (Research Technician) around 10pm one night last July. I woke up the next morning with an e-mail from an SAIC HR recruiter asking a few questions (why are you looking for a new job? why are you interesed in SAIC? What compensation do you feel is fair for the job you are applying for? etc.) I replied, and the next e-mail had the salary offer, and she asked if that amount would work. The next day she called me and set up an interview; the first part was a 30 minute block with her, and after that I interviewed with my direct hiring manager, which lasted nearly 1.5 hours!!

The following week I got the job offer, and away I went to work for SAIC.

Honestly, after reading quite a few negative comments on this thread before applying, I was very surprised to have gotten such an overwhelmingly quick response.

From what I can tell, SAIC-Frederick actually employs their own HR recruiters...they are not temps. The lady that recruited me has been there for many years.

As for the job security at SAIC-Frederick, I have no worries. My supervisor just celebrated her 35th anniversary there. (When she started, she worked for another contracting company, which was eventually either bought out by SAIC or SAIC won the new contract bid, and just folded in the existing employees into the company.)

Like I said, my position is VERY entry-level, with a ton of room for career advancement. I know for a fact that SAIC will attempt to fill an opening internally before hiring externally. The key is getting in, then you're set.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Schott in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

Host said: Do you work at SAIC? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I have been trying for years. the only thing I do not have is the certificates (Ie A++, CCNA, MCSE) but have been doing the same tasks without them. The problem I have is SAIC asked me personally if they can put my name in their system to get a government contract in tennessee and to my understanding they did. What happened about me, I am not so sure. I have been working on/with computers since 1980 both as a person than completly rebuilding the hardware and installing the software to the customers specifications. Just recently I successfuly completed part 2 of the A+ with a 865 score and will be working on part 1 of the certification. But I an very hesitant about SAIC since they have copies of letters of references and no calls from them for at least 3 years.

I am getting the impression of "Don't call us, we will call you"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hero8848 in New York, New York

63 months ago

Hi Charles, thanks for sharing your experience with SAIC-Fredrick. Did you apply through their own website (career column)? Or did you apply through other websites?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Charles McCoy in Winchester, Virginia

63 months ago

hero8848 in New York, New York said: Hi Charles, thanks for sharing your experience with SAIC-Fredrick. Did you apply through their own website (career column)? Or did you apply through other websites?

I applied online at SAIC's career page. This was before SAIC-Frederick re-vamped their website, so if you are looking for a job at SAIC-Frederick, you can apply through their new site, which only lists jobs for SAIC-Frederick. (Jobs at SAIC-Frederick are still displayed through SAIC Corporate's career page as well.)

Hope your search goes well, and good luck!

CarolMSalisbury in Centreville, Virginia

63 months ago

Ryan Carpenter in Washington, District of Columbia said: Alot of the positions are for contracts that they are currently bidding on, but do not have yet. They post them to get resumes to help get the contract, but that doesnt rewuire them to hire you, even if it was your resume that won the contract. Try going to job fairs, call the recruiters personnaly. It will happen eventually

Are all positions like that at SAIC? I am wanting to get a job in ADMIN, then work my way up.
Thanks. Carol

S shot in Hurlburt Field, Florida

51 months ago

CarolMSalisbury in Centreville, Virginia said: Are all positions like that at SAIC? I am wanting to get a job in ADMIN, then work my way up.
Thanks. Carol

Carol from Centreville, Virginia, are you still looking for a job with SAIC?

NoWhereToGoWithaPHD2 in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

My husband has an interview for an engineering position with SAIC. Can anyone tell me more about their hiring process? He already has an interview set up.

Where are their interviews conducted - at the job site or corporate in VA?

What is the length of time they usually take to hire on an engineer or employee for that matter?

Any complaints about the company or how they treat their employees?

Thanks a million!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Buffalo, New York

42 months ago

Bryce Anderson (UNO) in Omaha, Nebraska said: It doesn't matter being a US citizen or not, have more than 100 degrees and 1000 of years of experiences. This company SAIC do not hire base on your qualification. Find yourself a friend or a relative inside. You will get hire with HS diploma for the job where a MS is required.

Wow. You might want to work on your grammar and sentence structure. If this is an example of what you sent to them in a resume, no wonder you weren't hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

KR in Providence, Rhode Island

38 months ago

A couple weeks ago I received an email requesting I fill out 3 forms online for an employment position. I completed it right away. Seeing the recruiter did not request I respond to his email, I waited 2 days before I responded to the recruiter. I basically stated that I completed the applications. I did not get a response. I waited another 2 days and emailed for a status and still received nothing. Is this normal? Should I assume I am no longer being considered? I would love to be employed for this company, but I do not want to put my hopes into this either. Please advise. Anyone ! !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cc in Fort Washington, Maryland

37 months ago

If you are going to work for SAIC, make sure you get into a business unit that is doing well and has funded contracts. I was hired in November 2010 with the Columbia Md business unit of SAIC. My clearance crossed over and I was called by the recruiter letting me know that all Contingencies were dropped and I would be getting a firm offer to start on the contract that I was hired for. Once I received my firm offer, I put in my two weeks notice to my previous employer and even turned down another offer with another company because I thought that the position at SAIC was a better fit career wise. After I did my orientation at SAIC, I found out on my second day their that the position I was hired into on one of the Md contract agencies was cut due to funding. It would have been nice if I had been told this before I resigned from my previous company and turned down the other position at the other company but I guess that would have made to much since for SAIC. After I found out my position was cut, I was told by my hiring manager and division manager that they would be submitting me for other positions and also to apply on the company website. I was also told that I didn't have to worry about being laid off because their business unit manages their money well so that in situations like mine, they would be able to cover me. Well I applied to countless positions on the website only to find out that the positions where awaiting funding. I was submitted by management as well to several positions and interviewed for 3 that I was a perfect fit for only to findout again that the positions didn't have funding. After two months of this nonsence I was told by my division manager that I would be laid off if they didn't find me something by the end of the week and that is exactly what happened. I was given two weeks of overhead pay and 4 weeks of involuntary leave without pay. I was blessed to find a position with another company before being terminated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

U.S. in Kuwait, Kuwait

33 months ago

Hi all I thought I had an in with them they had a job fair here in Kuwait but we stood outside no water, no shade and no seats.
When we got into the room they told us their dept. and ask us to tell a little about our self’s.
They told me there was nothing in Iraq and I just the night before applied.
So to get a job with these guys I do not know?

Ms Austin in Austin, Texas

33 months ago

Have you heard anything further from SAIC? I'm stateside and have been applying for quite a while. Do you know of any recruiters I can contact? What about the current company you're with now, do you have recruiter information you can pass along from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.