How to get a job at Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

Do you work at Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

bob

89 months ago

Whats the hiring process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

KB

88 months ago

Honest and simply put...you must know someone in HR or higher (ie. VP of a dept) thats about the only way. Besides having a blood relative work there, even then, they MUST have some kind of pull.
Its absolutely REDICULOUS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Savan in Eatontown, New Jersey

88 months ago

HI KB

just would like to know

what you commented above is that your experince ..

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

You are wrong KB in Montebello, California

88 months ago

I went to the Sanofi-Aventis site, applied for a sales rep position and passed all interviews with flying colors. Now I am going on to the final interview with the regional director and I am the only applicant being pushed to this stage of the process. It is possible to get in. Be persistant and follow up several times after your first face to face. Ask for the job at the end of every interview and get a business card every time. Do alot of research on SA and show the interviewers why you will be a good fit. Make yourself stand out through persistance and desire and you will have a shot at the position.

Wish me luck on my final..........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Savan in Eatontown, New Jersey

88 months ago

Hi Montebello

Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Piscataway, New Jersey

88 months ago

If you are qualified with experience but over 40 don't waste your time applying. Sanofi likes new hires young and cheap. Sanofi's twenty-something in-house recruiters are clueless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Savan in Eatontown, New Jersey

88 months ago

Charlie
do you suggest that they do not hire 40+ as I am and have applied few position , also got a response that they will schedule interview but have not heard anything since the last
call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lkl in Flemington, New Jersey

87 months ago

You are wrong KB in Montebello, California said: I went to the Sanofi-Aventis site, applied for a sales rep position and passed all interviews with flying colors. Now I am going on to the final interview with the regional director and I am the only applicant being pushed to this stage of the process. It is possible to get in. Be persistant and follow up several times after your first face to face. Ask for the job at the end of every interview and get a business card every time. Do alot of research on SA and show the interviewers why you will be a good fit. Make yourself stand out through persistance and desire and you will have a shot at the position.

Wish me luck on my final..........

Question: how old are you - under 30? (Re- one commenet on how they hire young)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Cream Ridge, New Jersey

87 months ago

Yeah you guys are right about age and no Inside connection .

I had 3 interviews ,after the 3rd interview I waited 10 days
and contacted HR ,the HR person was really professional and
good .
finally received reply stating did not pass interview
BTW I am 43 ,20 +years experince .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ron in Cream Ridge, New Jersey

86 months ago

Sanofi-Aventis US faces class-action sex bias lawsuit

read this todays news

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dar in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I agree with all of you about age! I was the leading person for a position, 3 interviews, over 2 months later no communication at all. They reposted the position on the internet and it is posted again last week.
I had more than all the requirements for the postion and they just don't communicate.

Ron in Cream Ridge, New Jersey said: Yeah you guys are right about age and no Inside connection .

I had 3 interviews ,after the 3rd interview I waited 10 days
and contacted HR ,the HR person was really professional and
good .
finally received reply stating did not pass interview
BTW I am 43 ,20 +years experince .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chrisitna in Ardmore, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Dar in Lansdale, Pennsylvania said: I agree with all of you about age! I was the leading person for a position, 3 interviews, over 2 months later no communication at all. They reposted the position on the internet and it is posted again last week.
I had more than all the requirements for the postion and they just don't communicate.

THat is quite disturbing - my fiance is 43 and going applying for a position. We feel he is a great fit for the position, and all the requirements. We are going to try anyway!

lkl - good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dar in Lansdale, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I wish you all the luck. They do work on the good old boy network

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Helena in Bridgewater, New Jersey

86 months ago

Dar in Lansdale, Pennsylvania said: I wish you all the luck. They do work on the good old boy network

I have to admit that based on my sanofi-aventis experience this is all true. Literary so!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

You are wrong KB in Montebello, California said: I went to the Sanofi-Aventis site, applied for a sales rep position and passed all interviews with flying colors. Now I am going on to the final interview with the regional director and I am the only applicant being pushed to this stage of the process. It is possible to get in. Be persistant and follow up several times after your first face to face. Ask for the job at the end of every interview and get a business card every time. Do alot of research on SA and show the interviewers why you will be a good fit. Make yourself stand out through persistance and desire and you will have a shot at the position.

Wish me luck on my final..........[/QUOTE

Did you get the job? Do you have previous experience in pharm sales?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dar in Tucson, Arizona

81 months ago

I wish you all the luck. I was in the same position as you and was told to expect the offer letter that afternoon. They work off the old "good old boy network". The do not communicate between departments or respond to email or phone calls for days.
Sad but true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kjchampa in manhatten beach, California

78 months ago

Hi there,

Did you end up working for Sanofi? I though they ONLY used recruiters for their hiring. I am interested in a few open positions they are hiring for, however do not know who the recruiter for CA is, and on line applying seems to get me no where.

Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Madison M in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Stay away from s-a!!! Very poor management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dark

4 months ago

I am 40+ and just did my final interview with the director of sales....Don't quite see the issues others are talking about....wish me luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sanofi employee in New Jersey

24 days ago

it depends on the position as far as age is concerned. No matter where you go, for a Sales Rep position, they want them young. That is a fact. As far as other positions go, that is not true. Most admins are over 40 as well as directors, and VPs. It is also easy getting in the door as a contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.