How to get a job at Sara Companion Services Inc..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Host

Do you work at Sara Companion Services Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Taneisha in Bellmore, New York

40 months ago

They are desperate for workers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

How can the owner offer NO BENEFITS in this economy.
If you dont have a souse with benefits to join why would you work there??
YOU WOULDNT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Taneisha in Bellmore, New York said: They are desperate for workers.

The average worker stays 3 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

trish in Wantagh, New York

38 months ago

You breath, youre in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Taniesha in Bellmore, New York

33 months ago

I would advise them to try a different place.
They just do not have the clients to keep you working.
Sorry, but thats the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Taniesha in Bellmore, New York

33 months ago

They will pretty much hire any one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

anonymousone123 in queens, New York

33 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Sara Companion Services Inc.? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Youre in but there are not enough hours for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Taniesha in Bellmore, New York said: I would advise them to try a different place.
They just do not have the clients to keep you working.
Sorry, but thats the truth.

Right on the money sweetie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Taneisha in Bellmore, New York said: How can the owner offer NO BENEFITS in this economy.
If you dont have a souse with benefits to join why would you work there??
YOU WOULDNT

Other agencies offer you benefits, vacation, 401k, training.
Sara does not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Valley Stream, New York

29 months ago

Taneisha in Bellmore, New York said: They are desperate for workers.

As a company that has experienced growth of over 1000% in the past calendar year, we are constantly seeking top level talent and caregivers to fill openings. Wouldn't you agree that it is prudent for a company that is experiencing major growth to recruit talent to fill those positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Taneisha in Bellmore, New York said: The average worker stays 3 months.

Well considering I started here in September 2010, and everyone who was here when I started is still employed here, as well as all of the new people hired since, I would have to beg to differ on this comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

trish in Wantagh, New York said: You breath, youre in.

Really? I guess having to email your resume as well as 3 personal and 3 business references is breathing. After we screen your resume, having you come into the office, present your licensing, current medical physicals, proof of legal working status,proof of current MMA, then taking a series of tests to determine your competency in Home Health Skills, Proficiency in English, as well as a personality evaluation. If you pass, we check with NYS Department of Health to make sure your creditials are still valid and that you are not on the elder abuse registry. Then and only then, are caregivers placed in the assignment pool. I would say that qualifies as a little more than breathing.
***Please note since all clients have different needs, we match caregivers to clients based on the clients individual wants/care needs. We do not use a cookie cutter approach to guarantee any caregiver a set amount of hours!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

anonymousone123 in queens, New York said: Youre in but there are not enough hours for you.

As previously stated, since all clients have different care needs, we match our caregivers to our clients based on that clients individual wants/care needs. We do not use a cookie cutter approach to guarantee any of our caregivers a set amount of hours! Plus, many times we have a surplus of live-in cases, and many caregivers will not work a 24-7 case. Or vice versa, we have a 6 day 10 hour per day case, and cases get refused because caregiver cant work one of those particular days, So not only do we have to staff the case based on the client needs, we also have to staff those cases based on what fits the availability schedule provided by all of our caregivers. The higher the availability and your skill set, the greater the chances of being offered all the hours you could possible desire to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymousone123 in Wantagh, New York

29 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Valley Stream, New York said: Well considering I started here in September 2010, and everyone who was here when I started is still employed here, as well as all of the new people hired since, I would have to beg to differ on this comment.

Oh really,,,I remember at least two gentleman I met who worked there last Spring who no longer work there because business was extremely slow...That IS A FACT...One was a social worker who was like the operations manager. The other was on the phone making calls..BOTH WERE LET GO AND THAT IS A FACT.
ALL THIS COMPANY DOES IS LIE.
PATHETIC ACTUALLY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

anonymousone123 in Wantagh, New York

29 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Valley Stream, New York said: As a company that has experienced growth of over 1000% in the past calendar year, we are constantly seeking top level talent and caregivers to fill openings. Wouldn't you agree that it is prudent for a company that is experiencing major growth to recruit talent to fill those positions?

When you go from 2 clients to 20 a year later thats 1000% growth. Whoopie.
Stop trying to make people think your bigger than you are.
I'm sorry but your a bit player at best in an industry that has employees with clinical knowledge.
You do not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Westbury, New York

29 months ago

anonymousone123 in Wantagh, New York said: Oh really,,,I remember at least two gentleman I met who worked there last Spring who no longer work there because business was extremely slow...That IS A FACT...One was a social worker who was like the operations manager. The other was on the phone making calls..BOTH WERE LET GO AND THAT IS A FACT.
ALL THIS COMPANY DOES IS LIE.
PATHETIC ACTUALLY

The 1000% growth was referring to office and support staff! If you read my post, I said September 2011, and you are referring to two gentleman employed LAST SPRING :-). I can not speak as to why they were let go, but as a former wall street professional it would seem they did a horrible job as an "operations manager" and phone rep! In your own words you claim the company only had two customers! If that's the case, wouldn't you fire them based on lack OT performance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

anonymousone123 in Wantagh, New York said: When you go from 2 clients to 20 a year later thats 1000% growth. Whoopie.
Stop trying to make people think your bigger than you are.
I'm sorry but your a bit player at best in an industry that has employees with clinical knowledge.
You do not.

As for being a bit player, according to your own words, shouldn't the former operations manager/ social worker who is responsible for the entire operation, be held accountable for the company ony having two accounts at that time? If so, wouldn't you let him go an replace him with a former wall street professional with a proven track
record of customer growth and retention? Hence the reason the company has experience such tremendous growth! Sorry that one year later you still hold a grudge. We truly
Wish you all the best in your future
Endeavors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

USED TO WORK THERE in Wantagh, New York

29 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Westbury, New York said: The 1000% growth was referring to office and support staff! If you read my post, I said September 2011, and you are referring to two gentleman employed LAST SPRING :-). I can not speak as to why they were let go, but as a former wall street professional it would seem they did a horrible job as an "operations manager" and phone rep! In your own words you claim the company only had two customers! If that's the case, wouldn't you fire them based on lack OT performance?

CAUGHT IN ANOTHER LIE..FIRST SHE SAYS THAT 'EVERYONE IS STILL HERE SINCE 2010...THEN GOES ON TO SAY WHY THEY ARE NOT THERE ANYMORE..
PLEASE ALREADY HONEY...SPEND YOUR TIME ELSEWHERE..YOUR NOT HELPING THE COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

USED TO WORK THERE in Wantagh, New York

29 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Westbury, New York said: As for being a bit player, according to your own words, shouldn't the former operations manager/ social worker who is responsible for the entire operation, be held accountable for the company ony having two accounts at that time? If so, wouldn't you let him go an replace him with a former wall street professional with a proven track
record of customer growth and retention? Hence the reason the company has experience such tremendous growth! Sorry that one year later you still hold a grudge. We truly
Wish you all the best in your future
Endeavors

NICE TRY...YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME??? I WORKED AS AN HHA 2 YEARS AGO.
AND WHAT DOES A WALL ST PERSON KNOW ABOUT THE HEALTH CARE FIELD AND IS MAKING ONLY 40K? I SAW THE AD FOR THAT JOB AND THE PAY. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A REAL SUCCESS ON WALL ST....LOL...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sr. Client Carr Coordinator in Westbury, New York

29 months ago

Who said anything about you? Weren't we talking about the former social worker/operations manager who was responsible for the entire operation? Anyway, you just showed the general public your true colors! Even when I earned over a quarter million dollars a year, I would never, nor have I ever, made fun of any other working mans salary. Not that it matters to anyone, but I actually earn a higher salary than you mentioned, as well as commissions based on customer satisfaction, and overrides on my direct reports. The best part is, as SARA grows, so do us workers who were in on the ground floor! That's why a former Wall Street guy would come to work here after retiring from a successful 15 year career. It's no longer a 1 + 1/2 hour commute each way to lower Manhattan, plus I get to help seniors like my father who appreciate all the assistance we provide for them. Where else can you find that kind of job satisfaction coupled with, no commute and unlimited future earning potential all while helping people who truly need your assistance? Again, I am truly sorry that you feel so souch anger and it has been over two years. We wish you all the best again moving forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

P.S. You also claimed that you met two gentlemen who worked here last spring.
Yet in your latest post, you said that you worked as an HHA two years ago. Well which one was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

I said everyone who was here when
I started is still on board and that is still true. Due to typographical error on my first post, it said September 2010 instead of September 2011. Subsequent posts have it correct. I signed on board this past September 2011 and everyone who was employed here when I started is still employed. Hence the fact that I have never met the two workers who were let go last spring. I can say this, they certainly didn't perform according to the numbers. Even in your own words you said the company didn't have any accounts (2 was what you claimed) so why would the owner keep them employed? Exactly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Latiesha Jones in Inwood, New York

24 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Valley Stream, New York said: Really? I guess having to email your resume as well as 3 personal and 3 business references is breathing. After we screen your resume, having you come into the office, present your licensing, current medical physicals, proof of legal working status,proof of current MMA, then taking a series of tests to determine your competency in Home Health Skills, Proficiency in English, as well as a personality evaluation. If you pass, we check with NYS Department of Health to make sure your creditials are still valid and that you are not on the elder abuse registry. Then and only then, are caregivers placed in the assignment pool. I would say that qualifies as a little more than breathing.
***Please note since all clients have different needs, we match caregivers to clients based on the clients individual wants/care needs. We do not use a cookie cutter approach to guarantee any caregiver a set amount of hours!

Anyone who has a CNA certificate qualifies.
North Shore LIJ has much higher standards for workers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Latiesha Jones in Inwood, New York

24 months ago

Bottom line is that if the "company" was so busy, they wouldnt have the time to spend rebutting people who did not have good experiences with them.
PERIOD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Again, it's called reputation management and in 2012 smart companies hire individuals for strictly that job description alone. I however I am of work today due to the Jewish High Holidays, yet I will always defend the company I love, even on my own time! Again, we are sorry that you feel so bitter, please have a very happy new year today Mr C---N :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Elmont, New York

24 months ago

Ironic that every screename that posts a negative comment about SARA Companions on these Indeed forums all have no completed profile, they were created the exact same day of the initial negative comment, and none of them ever seem to rate any other company good or bad. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. Even more ironic, we have no caregivers registered with our agency under ANY of these screenames. If someone had worked here and found a better opportunity elsewhere, it is quite easy to publically state your name and your displeasure. Yet none of the "screenames" used here are of actual registered caregivers in our system. Quite sad what a single terminated former employee will engage in well over 18 months after being relieved of his job title.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Harvey in Mineola, New York

10 months ago

Sr. Client Care Coordinator in Elmont, New York said: Ironic that every screename that posts a negative comment about SARA Companions on these Indeed forums all have no completed profile, they were created the exact same day of the initial negative comment, and none of them ever seem to rate any other company good or bad. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm. Even more ironic, we have no caregivers registered with our agency under ANY of these screenames. If someone had worked here and found a better opportunity elsewhere, it is quite easy to publically state your name and your displeasure. Yet none of the "screenames" used here are of actual registered caregivers in our system. Quite sad what a single terminated former employee will engage in well over 18 months after being relieved of his job title.

Dude...The company stinks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.