The Sears 'Paycard' bull-jazz has already burned me.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

The Stranded Hammer in Dracut, Massachusetts

44 months ago

I've only been working at Sears for three weeks, but I've already been screwed by the 'paycard' they give you if you don't have direct deposit.
I would've gotten my first 'paycheck' today. The money has been deposited into whatever 'secret' account they deposit it into (they do give you the alleged 'account number', but try calling Citibank for any kind of information about this supposed 'account' and they'll basically tell you to go f*** yourself).
The problem is that the physical paycard that I was supposed to receive a week ago never arrived, not even today when the money 'went live'.
I called the number that 88Sears gave me, but they just told me to call a different, unpublished number.
After waiting for fifty minutes, I was told that the card was never sent and that they were now sending one, and that it will be here in 5-7 business days and that I literally had to sit here for (at least) a week with my d*** in the dirt while bathing myself in the light of a full moon and singing old sea chanties.
Que?
So, the money is there, in the 'account', but I have absolutely no way of accessing it.
but because somebody else screwed up for whatever reason, I can't get any of that money and I'm totally boned until AT LEAST next goddamn Friday.
Ah.. ok...?
What the hell?
There's more, but I'll continue...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

So, I had to call the number back, since the person who mailed me the new card didn't really tell me anything useful, and I was still wondering if there was a way to access the account or at least get some sort of check or something.
After wating seventy-two minutes this time (I guess a lot of people are having problems with these 'paycard' schemes), I was told that I had no way to access the account or the money, but that Sears itself could cut me a one-time only 'emergency' check of sorts, for the full amount of my check, and they'd void the paycard when they did.
I went to the Sears I work at and told the manager about my situation and asked about the check, and all he said was:
"You'd have to ask HR, but nobodies in today, and I can't give out their home numbers"
I literally could have been kicked out of my apartment and Sears (nor Citibank) gave a s***.
And none of this was any of MY fault. At all.
They messed up, totally, and I'm suffering for it.
Sartre was wrong; Hell is working retail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

I forgot to mention that I was also told that, since I would be activating my paycard 'late' (I guess, as in, 'not on pay-day'), I would incur some sort of fee for doing so (I think she said two.three dollars, but she talked so fast and in such an indeterminate accent, that it could have been any (likely astronomical) amount.
I never got any information on the card (which is absolutely unnerving in it's own right), but I assume it's rife with transaction fees and charges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.