i used to work there

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Yasmine in Saint Louis, Missouri

92 months ago

I was hired a few months ago and they told me that i would not be seasonal but, i was "let go" a month later after i went through Thanksgiving and Christmas..WHICH I HAD TO WORK THEM BOTH...WELL NOT CHRISTMAS BUT CHRISTMAS EVE!

THEY SUCK, THEY DON'T STAY BEHIND THEIR WORD!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MGM4706 in Burnsville, Minnesota

90 months ago

Most people that are let go did not work hard enough when they were there. They are always looking for good workers and they keep them when they find them. They let people go who hang on the phone and take long breaks. They are great to those who want to really work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Appleton, Wisconsin

88 months ago

ha ha i love the idea of sears hiring good workers, when i was a cashier at sears we were going to hire on 2 cashiers on that were seasonal during christmas season, trust me there were many responsible seasonal workers to choose from and they chose the guy who was 10 minutes late and stoned everytime he came into work and the girl who didn't call and didn't show 2 times, wait... i'm pretty sure if anyother worker did it would have been fired. the "i wrote down my schedule wrong" isn't an excuse, go make a photocopy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TJ in Salt Lake City, Utah

87 months ago

First off, anyone who has ever worked in retail knows you have to expect to work days. I've been in retail for over ten years and have never had a Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve off in that time.

Also when most jobs will hire a person they put them on a 3 month or 90 days probation after that point they decide if they want to keep them or not. It sounds like you were hired in November and let go in January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dusan141 in Roswell, New Mexico

22 months ago

Mel in Appleton, Wisconsin said: ha ha i love the idea of sears hiring good workers, when i was a cashier at sears we were going to hire on 2 cashiers on that were seasonal during christmas season, trust me there were many responsible seasonal workers to choose from and they chose the guy who was 10 minutes late and stoned everytime he came into work and the girl who didn't call and didn't show 2 times, wait... i'm pretty sure if anyother worker did it would have been fired. the "i wrote down my schedule wrong" isn't an excuse, go make a photocopy.

Agreed. I've been doing my job every day, completing every task, including other peoples tasks, but the one night they see me chatting with some of the co workers suddenly my review makes me a bad worker. Seems as if they wont acknowledge anything you do right for them but when they find one thing they dont like, they demean you by saying your a bunch of bullcrap and then talk to you down like you havent been doing anything right. So much for having managers that actually give a crap about there workers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.