I hate sears

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 230)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

PissedIndefinitely

83 months ago

same here man. same here. this one guy i know that does absolutely NOTHING was all down about being down to 30 some hours per week while i'm currently averaging about 14 per week! guess it pays to play world of warcraft with the boss (that's all they talk about).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Kfavard in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

Merchandise customer assistance im guessing that is MPU which is where im at... i dunno if it different at other stores but at mine starting pay was 7.70 (sad.. for the amount of work they make you do!!) but we had a little meeting and we all vented and my hrs went up by about 8 :/ i mean its better than nothing i guess..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

susan in Glendale Heights, Illinois

82 months ago

I waw wondering if anyone can tell me what the pay rate for a lead coach is?I worked for a Kmart that went to a Sears I wasn't given a raise but i heard some others did.People that hire in and get promoted gets a raise.A lot of people in our store was given a raise then they took it back saying it didn't go through proper channels and we weren't entitled to it.Is this legal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

CSF in Maine

82 months ago

lead coach.. did that job for 3 weeks here in maine.. job up here was bad.. hourly rate plus a percentage of what your department does...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Kristyn Goodell in Charleston, West Virginia

81 months ago

Merchandise & Customer Assistant (MCA) is not the same as MPU. MCAs work the floors, straighten, stock, clean and assist customers with apparel/ home fashions mostly, and MPU handles the pick up service Sears offers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Solberg in Danbury, Connecticut

78 months ago

Sears absolutely stinks. I have been in the retail industry for 11 years. I transfered from Kmart to Sears in March, 2008. I never thought I would want to go back. I'm a Salaried Manager and I feel like an hourly associate. I store manager is a control freak. I'm no longer aloud to hire, fire, disipline or create my own schedule even though I was told I would be doing these things during my interview. Also there are diffrent rules for diffrent people. If the store manager doesn't like you he will fire you for nothing. But if you have someone who is a no call no show every weekend but gets along with the store manager then there is no consequences.

The majority of my peers are idiots. I found out that a mjority of them were fired from their previous employers. I couldn't understand why they were hired until some of them disclosed their salaries. They aren't making much more that the department leads. Sears treats their employees like garbage, even the managers which would explain why no one cares at this company. I'm aggressivley looking for another job. I can't stand to be in retail any longer. Sears is the worst place to work if you want to come to a job that is fun a rewarding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Tell It How It Is in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

I have definately heard from two different location Managers that Sears is not how it used to be. They have reduced the general pay for associates and mangers and are extremely strict when it comes to attendance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Clarkie in Whiteland, Indiana

77 months ago

I have worked at Sears for three weeks and I am on the verge of quitting. Here's the sequence of events I've dealt with from these people.

1. I am hired to help clean up the store, which looks like ass because nobody has ever bothered to, I don't know, put things in the right place. They hire me at $7/hour, which sucks but I'm willing to deal since I'll be going back to college in a month and a half.

2. The cleaning job is dangerous. There are sharp, rusty metal parts strewn all over the stockroom floor, and I'm expected to make it look neat without tripping over anything. My 17-yr-old sister, hired with me, is the only person helping me.

3. Two days in, sister and I are called to the office, where we are greeted by six managers. They tell us that our job has been done away with. Not enough money for it. Would we like to be cashiers instead? We say fine, a job is a job.

(continued in next post, this is kind of lengthy)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Clarkie in Whiteland, Indiana

77 months ago

4. A few days later, I casually ask a manager, "so even though we changed jobs, our pay is the same, right?" The response: "Um, no, it's lower. You'll get $6.55/hr." That, friends, is minimum wage. And it would have been great if they'd, I don't know, told us about the change in pay.

5. The managers are all anal about the selling of credit applications. We are instructed to ask each customer three times if they want a credit card, even if they say no twice. I value "being a nice person" and "respecting boundaries" over "bullying people into sky-high interest rates," so I get yelled at for not keeping my counts up. Apparently, if you are friendly, courteous, efficient, but don't get many credit apps, you fail at customer service.

6. Two different managers make two different schedules for me for the same week. One, I get four days in advance. Fine. The other, I get twelve hours in advance. Guess which I'm supposed to follow?

7. All but two of my coworkers are rude, condescending, and hardly know what they're doing. They act this way toward me and toward the customers. Everything is inefficient and frustrating.

I have never been treated well at Sears, and the only reason I'm not quitting tomorrow is that I know the remaining cashiers would be swamped since they never schedule enough people at a time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (109) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sosad in Colorado Springs, Colorado

77 months ago

I've worked at Sears for about 3 months now. Honestly, worst job I've ever worked at. If it wasn't for my manager I would have quit a week into the job. I work in MPU and make only 7.40/hr which is a joke for all the s**t we're supposed to do. 3 days into the job I was talked to about getting a raise because of performance yet the "new" store manager denied it saying that despite my exceptional performance my receiving/stocking experience is limited. WTF is up with that? Any other store would pay 9/hr minimum for what Sears expects us to do. Between picking up 200+lbs patio sets with a pitiful excuse for a dolly and constantly being told to take merchandise to the floor and make it floor-read, which btw isn't my job, its a surprise that no one has burned down this place. Damn I'm glad I leave for the military in a few months, at least there my job will have some kind of purpose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

daizednjaided in Tacoma, Washington

77 months ago

I thought one of our guidelines was to focus on the customer. How can our store do that when we do not have the man power to help them. I am not mad at my mangers because it is not from them. its above. I thought sears was a fun job i love the people and my coworkers. But I feel it is going downhill. I completly get the whole going by the policy and then just getting made looked a fool of when your manager does not back you up on an issue. basically were giving stuff away for free if you know how to complain and ask for a manager. I have been talked to on many occassions when i had first started about my tone of voice that i needed to be more starbucks like. I have seem former co workers get screamed yelled almost made cry by customers while a main manager is standing right there. did they stop the drama step in to protect their associate no they walk away and ignore. leaving her to fend for herself until a coworker runs and gets one of the boys to come out to calm the man down. its a very stressful and downing job at times full of mental abuse and to just get jipped about of money completly i know i have car payments bills credit cards phones to pay for i cant do that on 14 hours a week. I dont know if any one else here works parts and service and is going threw the same thing as we are I would love to hear from you guys about this. Thanks

Shannon
Parts and service in Washington state

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Wayne, Illinois

76 months ago

Doesn't almost everyone that works for Sears hate working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (115) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

cb8808 in South Carolina

76 months ago

what happened with the $200 suit? did you have to pay? i worked at sears/ will be working there for another week or too as a part time summmer job. i will be going to college. i too was not told how breaks work and they paid me less than what i worked. i cant beleive they fired you for a mistake on a shirt. i work at sears hardware, i have never been to a sears department store, but arent shirts at sears 10 or 20 dollars. what shirt at sears is 200 dollars?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

pover-tee in Madison, Wisconsin

76 months ago

If they automatically clocked you out on breaks or lunches that you didn't take then file a complaint with your states labor board- In Wisconsin it's called the Department of Workforce Development. They will have to pay you for it, and better yet it keeps them honest because it costs them at least hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars to handle those complaints. If people don't file complaints the company just figures it's more profitable to screw people out of part of their paycheck than it is to pay them right.

They are in big trouble in Wisconsin right now for paying all kinds of people less than minimum wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

76 months ago

susan in Glendale Heights, Illinois said: I waw wondering if anyone can tell me what the pay rate for a lead coach is?I worked for a Kmart that went to a Sears I wasn't given a raise but i heard some others did.People that hire in and get promoted gets a raise.A lot of people in our store was given a raise then they took it back saying it didn't go through proper channels and we weren't entitled to it.Is this legal?

This happened at our store too and i heard that it happened in other stores also but had no proof until now.I think i will try to find out if it's legal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FlyingBirdLarry in Mankato, Minnesota

76 months ago

Ok, I know that this is a somewhat unrelated question but here goes. In October of this year, I will be working at Sears for one year. I am a cashier but I work my a** off and am actually more like a salesman. I get payed 6.55 and I want to know if any of you ever got a one year raise and how much it was. I am seriously considering walking out the door if they tell me some bullsh** amount and I would like to be forewarned. This piece of s**** store has ripped me off so many times but the people I work with are for the most part cool. If someone could please reply it would be very much appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pover-tee in Madison, Wisconsin

76 months ago

You are making minimum wage and not a penny more so you sure can't do worse anyplace else... July 24, 2009 you are getting a raise to $7.25 per hour when the Federal minimum wage goes up. Make sure if you're still working there that you get the $7.25 exactly when you should and no later. This company has a history of trying to get away with paying less than the minimum wage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shamu in bellevue, Nebraska

76 months ago

I work in appliances for nothing but commission. So the other day me and my co-worker were discussing how we could work 50+ hours for her on full time and 40+ hours for me on part time and yet my co-worker will not receive any over time. So she went and talked to the HR, who ended up having to print some paper out that explained "how" they pay over time. She hemmed and hawed around so much with explaining it that I finally called her out about it. Basically I said that unless we do not sell a single thing over the week, we are not entitled to any overtime at all. The HR jsut stared at me and sort of nodded her head. Then I questioned her about my hours, and her response was that Sears can work part timers 39+ hours for 6 wks in a row with out becoming full time. And that there are some part timers that want the hours so thats why they do it. Well i didnt. I wanted just a few hours a week cause I have an at home business that thanks to my completely screwed up schedule is suffering.
Well then the assistant store manager who is also our department manager walks over and chews out my co-worker for talking to HR about the hours. So much for the open door policy. And I think this whole badgering the customers for credit apps., is completely wrong. Like I was told that even if the customer has a card or two that I need to try to get them to apply for another one. I think its so rediculous. I actually did it the other day, and felt so guilty afterwards.
THen I have customers ask for a customer survey because they want to complain about my manager. She will come over and lurk over..oh wait excuse me stare at my back during an entire transaction and keep telling me Im doing it wrong when she is new to the department and doesnt even know what she is doing. The customer says Im fine but that she is a b**ch and over bearing. WOW talk about making them want to return.
If it wasnt for the fact that jobs in my area are few and far between I would quit in a heartbeat

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

76 months ago

FlyingBirdLarry in Mankato, Minnesota said: Ok, I know that this is a somewhat unrelated question but here goes. In October of this year, I will be working at Sears for one year. I am a cashier but I work my a** off and am actually more like a salesman. I get payed 6.55 and I want to know if any of you ever got a one year raise and how much it was. I am seriously considering walking out the door if they tell me some bullsh** amount and I would like to be forewarned. This piece of s**** store has ripped me off so many times but the people I work with are for the most part cool. If someone could please reply it would be very much appreciated.

I think the minimuim wage went up to $7.75 an hour and i think the maximuim is $.60 an hour.Yearly raises are based on points and store scores...customer service...pa's and such.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Andre in Austin, Texas

76 months ago

I've been working at Sears for about 3 months in MPU for $7.25 and this is the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. There are several people that have worked for Sears for over a decade and I cannot for the life of me understand how the hell they have done it. Customers are always bitching about crap products we sell. We are constantly taking in repairs and 50% of them are worse off when they come back. The warehouse is a freaking joke. The managers expect perfection for sh*t pay we get and the $5 coupons for running over 5 minutes to get get the products to the customers from the warehouse is so freaking stupid. 30% of the product is not where it's supposed to be and you have to tell the customers that you're sorry but that you're looking for their crap and you end up getting in trouble because of that stupid 5 minute promise you missed. I Hate Sears!! Currently looking for another job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anon. in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

75 months ago

I've worked for SEARS 6 years as a cashier/floor support/stockman/ISM. All at once of course, as we are forced to do stock, customer service, clean fitting rooms, in store marketing, and janitorial work in Shoes and in Mens! After not being given a support belt and being made to do stock; lifting a box of 12 pairs of work boots many times a day I ended up straining the cartilage between my ribs and they let me go after I went to the clinic not their doctor, claiming that I did so against policy. After I was let go I learned that I was let go for poor performance! After a few months I tried to reapply, and learned that I was unable to be re-employed by SEARS because of the reasons of why I was terminated. That's not the worst of it! Every job I've applied for since has been turned down, even if the interview was great! I count 26 jobs that have said no... Is this a coincidence I think it's BLACKLISTING! It's illegal, but SEARS must be saying some pretty bad and fake stuff about me that no-one will employ me! I may have to start my own business, or move to get a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jenilyn Raina in Navato, California

71 months ago

This is all too familiar...especially the person who posted he got fired for ringing up a shirt incorrectly. I just got fired from sears for "abusing" the discount card policy. I was with my mom shopping for random things and she happened to pay for the stuff she bought while I used my discount card. They said that his was against policy and i was "terminated" Furthermore, I forgot to ring up a shirt and they accused me of doing this purposely to help out customers. And then they accused me for stealing money out of a cash register without any proof. They interrogated me in Loss Prevention for 3 hours giving me the impression that I was only going to get a warning for the discount card but 3 hours later they brought a manager into the room who fired me for supposedly giving away a 20$ shirt and for abusing my discount card. Get a clue Sears...EVERYONE abuses their discount card. Does anyone out there think that a law suit could be filed against Sears for this? They had no proof of the accusations they made. I HATE Sears and I hope they go out of business. With the piles of dust accumulating on the shelves that they expected us to clean in Hardware they should go out of business. I can't believe i got fired from ...SEARS??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

marcia baker in Clinton Township, Michigan

70 months ago

Jenilyn Raina in Navato, California said: This is all too familiar...especially the person who posted he got fired for ringing up a shirt incorrectly. I just got fired from sears for "abusing" the discount card policy. I was with my mom shopping for random things and she happened to pay for the stuff she bought while I used my discount card. They said that his was against policy and i was "terminated" Furthermore, I forgot to ring up a shirt and they accused me of doing this purposely to help out customers. And then they accused me for stealing money out of a cash register without any proof. They interrogated me in Loss Prevention for 3 hours giving me the impression that I was only going to get a warning for the discount card but 3 hours later they brought a manager into the room who fired me for supposedly giving away a 20$ shirt and for abusing my discount card. Get a clue Sears...EVERYONE abuses their discount card. Does anyone out there think that a law suit could be filed against Sears for this? They had no proof of the accusations they made. I HATE Sears and I hope they go out of business. With the piles of dust accumulating on the shelves that they expected us to clean in Hardware they should go out of business. I can't believe i got fired from ...SEARS??

report them to the eeco trust me someone can do something

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

june55roses

70 months ago

To my knowledge this type of behavior happens
widely in the retail field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anymeans in Edwardsville, Illinois

69 months ago

Your stories are pretty bad, and I probably wouldn't believe it if I didn't know SEARS from working there for 3 years.

Background- I started as a cashier at a Mall store. I was converted to L&G and Fitness where I did very well and was mostly happy with my job while making $15/hour on commission. When I got into business school I transferred to a Sears Hardware in my college town where I am making $10.50 selling appliances.

~My Story~

-The Hint-

At Thanksgiving I transferred back home to work the day after on commission while spending time with my family. I was told that this would be "easy" and "no problem". I had set it up a month or more in advance. I got there once I got back to get things finalized. They couldn't get me hired... OK, fine, I'll enjoy my break while not getting payed. They called me and told me I could work now at 10am on the day after Thanksgiving... yea right, I would never have gotten a register at that time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

anymeans in Edwardsville, Illinois

69 months ago

-Christmas Time-

I try to transfer again to work the month I get off for Christmas. Remember I had worked at this store about 2 years before I left. I go and work my tail off for the break (i had multiple $10,000 days)... and then my pay comes... I got paid training pay instead of commission pay which they promised me. That's fine, I call and tell them I need my pay corrected... They say they will call me back once they get it worked out... I still haven't heard back from them.

-The Nightmare-

Now that I'm back at the Hardware store I have been getting paid by the other store at $6/hour (below minimum wage) which is the base rate on commission. I have been getting paid 6/hour for 4 months and they have yet to be able to fix it. We keep getting emails saying, "its fixed", well its not. And the other store still owes me my commission. I don't know if I can, but I'm getting real close to suing SEARS. I don't know how else to get my money that I worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Database in Marlton, New Jersey

68 months ago

I've work at Sears for 3 years and the situation as gotten progressively worse at my store. This is all because the new store manager, when he took over the position he started to change everything the polices and now changed job descriptions. As of a month ago in my store, all sales associate are now expected to fill stock and do the truck; this is on top of our cleaning duties. With these new additions to our job description we did NOT receive any pay raises, so we all those new tasks for our $6 an hour; as a commission sales associate we make money by selling and with the management demanding that we do all truck and stock we were confined to the back. So being in the back we are stuck with our $6 an hour because we can't sell. To make sure we do the stock tickets similar to the mpu tags printed at the end of the night and we had to go down the list check all the items on this list making sure everything is filled.

On top of these changes all associates are required to check in with supervisors for all breaks and must sign their names on a break sheet. Supervisors have also become really anal with the PA and Credit numbers, refusing to schedule anyone who doesn't meet their standards. As a sales associate my numbers have always been decent, however supervisors have take to the method of not firing associate; instead they simply refuse to schedule associate so that they force them to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marvin in Arcadia, Indiana

68 months ago

9 years with this company and 4 years with Kmart. Working as an MCA - scheduled the least number of hours and only one who doesn't call off or be a no call/no show. Other MCAs call off - don't show up - disappear into the mall - steal steal and steal - talk on cell phones - and they get scheduled 40 hours a week. Management is clueless - or pretends to be clueless - cause the date them or are related to them. Management keeps multiple schedules, changes attendance records to protect them. Gives them raises and promotions. Listens to their lies about the work - they take credit for the work I do. My credit applications that I get - is changed to their employee number. Email captures the same story. Hate this company in every way shape and form. The best way not to get into trouble with the discount card is simply DO NOT buy and anything from this company! I will not buy anything - and I never will again!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Great1 in Flagstaff, Arizona

68 months ago

Wow I could have written almost every comment here. I still work at sears because I need a weekend job, I can stand it two days a week. The incompetence of pretty much everybody there continues to amaze me. The managers don’t know what’s going on and whatever they tell you is always wrong and then they never take responsibility. The store manager talks down to everybody but I feel sorry for that looser. I mean seriously dude in 30 years Sears is the best you could do. I’m almost ashamed to say I’ve worked there for a year. I just don’t take it seriously, I can’t or Id be pissed all the time. I have seen so many good hardworking people come and go because of this idiocracy. I would recommend that if you really need a job than don’t work at sears because you will be let down in every way imaginable and end up needing therapy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

marcia baker in Clinton Township, Michigan

68 months ago

Kfavard in Brooklyn, New York said: This company is run buy apes i swear they dont see the associates that are working and the ones that are just doing nothing, YET they get all the hour mean while im stuck with 10 hours a week???
When i quit sears i will be the happiest person in the universe

Amen to that, well get the new crap they are doing to us like I said been with company 14 years I am almost ashame to say it. I couldn't figure out why my vaction hours had stopped for a year and a half, they told me because i did not work 1000 hours when my anniversary rolled around, now what kinda crap is that when the reason i didn't make my thousand hours because you cut them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nunamed in az

67 months ago

Jenilyn Raina in Navato, California said: This is all too familiar...especially the person who posted he got fired for ringing up a shirt incorrectly. I just got fired from sears for "abusing" the discount card policy. I was with my mom shopping for random things and she happened to pay for the stuff she bought while I used my discount card. They said that his was against policy and i was "terminated" Furthermore, I forgot to ring up a shirt and they accused me of doing this purposely to help out customers. And then they accused me for stealing money out of a cash register without any proof. They interrogated me in Loss Prevention for 3 hours giving me the impression that I was only going to get a warning for the discount card but 3 hours later they brought a manager into the room who fired me for supposedly giving away a 20$ shirt and for abusing my discount card. Get a clue Sears...EVERYONE abuses their discount card. Does anyone out there think that a law suit could be filed against Sears for this? They had no proof of the accusations they made. I HATE Sears and I hope they go out of business. With the piles of dust accumulating on the shelves that they expected us to clean in Hardware they should go out of business. I can't believe i got fired from ...SEARS??

Forget EEOC mr. Eddie Lambert has them in his back pocket.If you were told by LOSS PERVENTION you could not leave and if you were forced to write a statment that was not the truth you should go to the local police and REPORT kidnapping or WRONGFULL restrant charges. If this has happend to anybody else please do the same this seems to be the new trend for loss pervention to do away with anyone they don't want anymore. This was done to me after almost 30 years of service. "If you tell the truth nothing will happen to you" FOUR and a HALF hours later after I was forced to make a statment I was permitted to leave. If anyone wants to get together and file CLASS ACTION suite leave a post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marvin in Sheridan, Indiana

67 months ago

Would someone in the television media - please do a serious investigation of this company? We are not a bunch of whiners - we are telling the truth about the corruption in this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Babyfly17 in New Hampshire

67 months ago

FlyingBirdLarry in Mankato, Minnesota said: Ok, I know that this is a somewhat unrelated question but here goes. In October of this year, I will be working at Sears for one year. I am a cashier but I work my a** off and am actually more like a salesman. I get payed 6.55 and I want to know if any of you ever got a one year raise and how much it was. I am seriously considering walking out the door if they tell me some bullsh** amount and I would like to be forewarned. This piece of s**** store has ripped me off so many times but the people I work with are for the most part cool. If someone could please reply it would be very much appreciated.

I've been at sears for almost 2 years now. I started at 8.00 an hour and at my year mark received a .10 raise. So now I'm getting 8.10 an hour, it really sucks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wilma flintstone in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

I was fired recently and was held in the lp office for 2 hours. i had to sign a statement of something i didnt do or well not to the point of what i signed... they said they supposedly had proof pointing at a folder to get pressure you into signing it, which worked... I was also told if you were very honest in your statement and say you have learned your lesson and promise not to do it again you will likely be able to keep your job. people who only write 2 sentences are let go and on their way but if they find you actually want or need your job they will be willing to work with you.. WRONG!!!! They fired me after 15 minutes of completing this statement. a girl who got fired for a similar thing i got fired for had done 5 times more then i did and got 2 warnings before being fired, i got 0!! she was a single mom and we all believe she got special treatment for it.

i worked at sears for 4 years and i have seen all that has been mentioned, if not more...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nunamed in az

66 months ago

Wilma, I am also from Phoenix group and had VERY same thing happen to me . I was also fired while others were only given a "warning". Would you be willing to contact on our personal e-mails. I am pretty sure that you were fired but for other than what was forced out of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wilma flintstone in phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

sure.. i know of 2 people from the store i worked at was fired for making too much money.. they worked for the company over 18 years... they were told it was poor performance, which was bull... i was talking about my friend who used to work at sears and she got fired a few years back and he asked me what did she get fired for, and then he said well "what was the excuse??". mine though they did have a reason to fire me but what i had to write out and sign was an exaggeration, and i think i deserved a 2nd chance... the lp manager even said i was the type of an employee sears and other companies want but i had made a mistake and i had supposedly signed an i know it coupon about it in 2007. though on this paper nowhere does it say anything about it.. but i know they wanted to fire me over credit apps, wasnt making enough of the... i was usually only down 2 or 3 or positive for the month. i actually had to sign warning papers for these.. but people at my work got fired for not smiling enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

hahaha so true!! i saw her smile i think in my 4 years working there once! it was a big shock when it happened haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

june55roses

66 months ago

Kfavard in Brooklyn, New York said: This company is run buy apes i swear they dont see the associates that are working and the ones that are just doing nothing, YET they get all the hour mean while im stuck with 10 hours a week???

This behavior is not just eveident at Sears HRs in other stores
threaten and used letters and signed warning statements and other
collected infromation on some of the associates who happens.
To earn cap or come closse to it.

June55roses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

ugh even more upset now......... I warn anyone who works around commission people refuse to ring their sales for them, even if they are busy, because sears will accuse you of cheating them out of money. they will pressur you into signing something that is beyond what you actually did because they interrogate you for 3 or 4 hours and keep you in a room against your own free will. Then they will say you owe a little money and then the bill comes in and tripled and instead of having a year to pay you have 20 days and if you dont pay they will take further action and they treat you like you were a shoplifter when actually you didnt take a penny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Seattlecrap

65 months ago

I agree, Sears sucks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

monagimous in Bensalem, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

Database in Marlton, New Jersey said: I've work at Sears for 3 years and the situation as gotten progressively worse at my store. This is all because the new store manager, when he took over the position he started to change everything the polices and now changed job descriptions. As of a month ago in my store, all sales associate are now expected to fill stock and do the truck; this is on top of our cleaning duties. With these new additions to our job description we did NOT receive any pay raises, so we all those new tasks for our $6 an hour; as a commission sales associate we make money by selling and with the management demanding that we do all truck and stock we were confined to the back. So being in the back we are stuck with our $6 an hour because we can't sell. To make sure we do the stock tickets similar to the mpu tags printed at the end of the night and we had to go down the list check all the items on this list making sure everything is filled.

On top of these changes all associates are required to check in with supervisors for all breaks and must sign their names on a break sheet. Supervisors have also become really anal with the PA and Credit numbers, refusing to schedule anyone who doesn't meet their standards. As a sales associate my numbers have always been decent, however supervisors have take to the method of not firing associate; instead they simply refuse to schedule associate so that they force them to quit.

Most of what you've mentioned just got implemented at our store in Langhorne. There is a rumor that the MCA position may be done away with entirely; that may be why the salesman/women are now forced to process stock. At my store, they are also required to work on planograms, all with the store manager wondering why no one is selling anything. Go figure!?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lemonhead1 in San Diego, California

64 months ago

wilma flintstone in Phoenix, Arizona said: I was fired recently and was held in the lp office for 2 hours. i had to sign a statement of something i didnt do or well not to the point of what i signed... they said they supposedly had proof pointing at a folder to get pressure you into signing it, which worked... I was also told if you were very honest in your statement and say you have learned your lesson and promise not to do it again you will likely be able to keep your job. people who only write 2 sentences are let go and on their way but if they find you actually want or need your job they will be willing to work with you.. WRONG!!!! They fired me after 15 minutes of completing this statement. a girl who got fired for a similar thing i got fired for had done 5 times more then i did and got 2 warnings before being fired, i got 0!! she was a single mom and we all believe she got special treatment for it.

i worked at sears for 4 years and i have seen all that has been mentioned, if not more...

The same thing just happened to me. I was falsely accused of making a purchse while on the clock. I was held for over 2 hours by an assistant manager and a security guard. They would not tell me what I had done at first, only that there were cameras all over the store and that I may as well confess and insisted that I do it in writing. They finally told me that it was over a 99 cent box of Lemonheads that I had purchased during my break. I even had the reciept to prove it and was still fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nunamed in az

64 months ago

wilma flintstone in Phoenix, Arizona said: ugh even more upset now......... I warn anyone who works around commission people refuse to ring their sales for them, even if they are busy, because sears will accuse you of cheating them out of money. they will pressur you into signing something that is beyond what you actually did because they interrogate you for 3 or 4 hours and keep you in a room against your own free will. Then they will say you owe a little money and then the bill comes in and tripled and instead of having a year to pay you have 20 days and if you dont pay they will take further action and they treat you like you were a shoplifter when actually you didnt take a penny.

Were you employed at super out in east mesa? was the manager's firat name ZACK. Did you have to repay the commision? Because at our store only one person out of six of us that got fired for the same as you only one person had to repay anything. Did you ever go to EEOC? I wish there were enough of us to get together and get a class action started. It really looks like that sears has implamented this kidding napping/false inpriosonment way of finding a reason to fire people. I had 28 and 1/2 years, six weeks of vacation and paid holidays it was a trumped up way to fire me I repeatedly ask them to produce any "I know it" that I had signed stating that I understood that was against policy. They make policy as they need it.Did you request a copy of your statment? It's the law they have to give you a copy of anything you sign. Remember this will be recorded in your job history, and yes I know that only certain questions may be asked but I have personally wittnessed a manager say "off the record" and tell all. Anyone who is interested in getting together a class action believe me if it's being done here then is being done every where. And a fireing for stealing will stay with you along time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nunamed in az

64 months ago

anon. in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: I've worked for SEARS 6 years as a cashier/floor support/stockman/ISM. All at once of course, as we are forced to do stock, customer service, clean fitting rooms, in store marketing, and janitorial work in Shoes and in Mens! After not being given a support belt and being made to do stock; lifting a box of 12 pairs of work boots many times a day I ended up straining the cartilage between my ribs and they let me go after I went to the clinic not their doctor, claiming that I did so against policy. After I was let go I learned that I was let go for poor performance! After a few months I tried to reapply, and learned that I was unable to be re-employed by SEARS because of the reasons of why I was terminated. That's not the worst of it! Every job I've applied for since has been turned down, even if the interview was great! I count 26 jobs that have said no... Is this a coincidence I think it's BLACKLISTING! It's illegal, but SEARS must be saying some pretty bad and fake stuff about me that no-one will employ me! I may have to start my own business, or move to get a job!

It's called "off the recoard" and done all the time they can be asked if they(sears)would ever re-hire you, so what do you think they say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wendy in Ocoee, Florida

64 months ago

Just to let you know that your not alone.The Ocala store has the 2 worst mangers & Grant is second in line & he is killing our store. The store was a great place to work they cared about you & your family. NOw Grant say if you don't like it there's the door. He doesn't care how many years you have been there. If he wants you to go outside & pick weeds in the hot sun you most do it. and that has happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

nunamed in az

64 months ago

to Wendy
We used to have to go out and get the shopping carts and leave the floor empty da and why are our sales down? It was our fault if a thief happend or if someone on the shift before you left a cage unlocked, L.P would try to right us up. O ur store used to do 65million a year then the brainless apes at hoffman estates got rid of the BEST store manager we ever had. The we got a bimbo who didn't even know her employee number. That store is barely staying open, but the district office offices are there so I guess thats why.Isn't Eddy boy running the company he was known as having the golden touch. Apes are too smart to run this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

katiemagoozle in Escondido, California

63 months ago

Sears sucks! Practically everything is wrong with that company. I worked in the jewelry department for 11 months where we were treated very, very poorly. First of all, when I started there, I received no training at all on the sales floor, the only training i got was from the dumb computer training. After that, they just stuck me on the sales floor alone with no hands on training. I learned everything by making mistakes in front of customers. Another thing that sucks about this company is that they do not give breaks! I would rarely get my breaks and when I did ask for one, the managers acted like I was pulling there teeth or something. They even sent me a letter in the mail saying that they were being sued by a bunch of other employees because they did not get their breaks. They made me sign the paper saying that I would never sue sears if i signed. They owed me a certain amount of money for this "class act lawsuit" and I have still not received it and that was about 6 months ago.All of the managers sucked and never gave anyone positive feedback or recognition, only focused on what you could have done better on. Also, it was extremely hard to get a lunch. I would practically have to beg a manager to get a lunch and one time I had to take my lunch the last hour of my shift when the store was closing. Messed up! I hate sears and it should burn in hell forever!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

disne lopez in Monsey, New York

62 months ago

sears sucks, all they care about is the credit apps, if u dont get alot of credit apps ur hours WILL go down, when ever i got a credit app it wouldnt show up on the report so they kept cutting my hours and i wondered y, then i looked at the report and it said 0 next to my name and i told them that its not reporting my apps and they didnt believe me. They also keep changing there policys no u cannot use ur discount card with ur debit card, u can only use cash or ur sears card smh

if u want to work there i suggest u do MCA or something else, not cashier

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Maria99 in Evansville, Indiana

62 months ago

Mca's become the store grunts - have to run registers, clean fitting rooms, put out stock, clean, assist customers (NO commission!), give breaks to other departments with no training or knowledge of the product - because it isn't a department you have been trained in. You have to be in 50 places at once - and help all the other employees at the same time. Never a raise or a promotion - no incentives. Anything that needs to be done - 10 employees could be standing around talking and the MCA has to do the job or wait on the customer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

someone0744 in Illinois

60 months ago

before i worked at sears i looked at this posts and i was like wow what a sh*ty place to work at. after i worked at sears i fell in love with the place the managers, everyone, they were all good to me i didnt see any flaws in working at sears at all. i enjoyed working here it was the best. then i bitched at my lp saying i stole money from the register and never returned back but its shown on the cameras i usually call for a code 4 to do change and no one comes and i usually take it down and come back. they didnt check the situation or anything or where i went they just kept it at that. when people found out they would never believe that i would take any money. never in my life have i ever taken anything that was mine. never. they didnt even check what i did with the money or anything they just seen that and left it at that. the tried to make me "confess" that i stole money when i never did and i didnt confess cuz i didnt and they were frustrated and let me take my things and walked me out the door. they didnt have enough proof so they just fired me because if they did they wouldve got authorities on me but they didnt cuz they dnt have proof and i never did, DONT WORK AT SEARS DONT BOTHER. WORST PLACE TO WORK AT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.