My first Job Interview with sears?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Jaytrill50Bill in Atlanata, Georgia

77 months ago

Hello, I am 16 and monday I have an interview with Sears which will be my first interview. My question is what are some things I should ask during the interview? Also is it hard to get a job there? When I did the application online to Sears as soon as I was finished with it, it asked me to schedule an interview. Does this mean they are in need of employers?

Just insight would help me,
Thank You

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

F-Bomb in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

How did your interview go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Applesauce in Durham, North Carolina

77 months ago

Argh. Sears. I applied there to be a tire salesman. It was paying $6.50/hr + commission. If you dig that kind of pay, go for it. I prefer straight pay.
Interview was cake. Mgr. was super casual. It was like we were sitting down and having a beer at the bar.
I overdressed, again, he was probably intimidated. But that made him want me. ...based on my looks.
....I never went back. I got the job. I just don't do commission stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jaytrill50Bill in Atlanata, Georgia

77 months ago

*******Update:

Ok so, I went back on Tuesday. I was scheduled for an interview at 1:30. Well guess what, I got there right on time and I sat there with three other people waiting to get interviewed. Ok so 5 minutes go by.........10 minutes........15 minutes......30 minutes...... NO INTERVIEW..... (May I point out that the managers have walked by us over 15 times, not saying hello or anything. They didn't even acknowledge us)..... So finnally after about an Hour or so, some lady who isn't even a manager comes to us asking what were here for. When she got to me I was like "I am scheduled for an interview at 1:30, I had came here yesterday and they scheduled it for today". She said ok, got my name a social security number and left for a few minutes came back and said "Ok I will Give your Application to Mr.XXX"
I said thank You and left! I was pissed off I had to waste all that time WALKING 1 1/2 MILES to a Bus Stop in the hot sun TWICE. FOR NOTHING! So as I am leaving I decided that I wanted to talk to Mr.XXX in person so I can touch bases with him and explain I want a job and if we could schedule an interview or whatever. I meet up with him and he ask me my age Im like I am 15 turning 16 in a few days. He says "Oh no you have to be 18 to work here". Im like WHAT THE HELL!!?! Dont you guys look at the persons age before you go turn the application in to someone?? The lady just figured I am grown I guess. So anyway he told me the only job I can do is be a cashier and he would give my application to Mrs.VVVV.

Ok that was tuesday, it is now Thursday and no one has called me......What a waste of time..... So Unorganized & so Unprofessinal & So RUDE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jaytrill50Bill in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

It is Monday still no Call back.......When I call there Nobody ever answers the phone...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Wow, it's week 3 no call back i'm just gonna say forget about, besides I got a Job at Arbys :)

Anyway I even called them last week and one of the HR managers answered the phone she called for the lady who was supposed to call me Mrs.VVV... (I cold hear the lady in the Background say "UGH not right now) so the lady said whats your name and she would have Mrs.VVV call me... well its Tuesday the third week...no call back..... SEARS CAN SHOVE IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rob Roberts in Schaumburg, Illinois

77 months ago

Applesauce in Durham, North Carolina said:
I overdressed, again, he was probably intimidated. But that made him want me. ...based on my looks.
....I never went back. I got the job. I just don't do commission stuff.

Thank God Sears did not hire this clown. "But that made him want me. ...based on my looks." I needed a good laugh today, and I found it. I hope you took the job as a male underwear model though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Thanks for not commenting on my post Rob :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

post102 in Miami, Florida

76 months ago

Jaytrill50Bill in Atlanta, Georgia said: Thanks for not commenting on my post Rob :)

Wow your little chit chat here will certainly prove beneficial for me.... i have a so called interview tomorrow at one of sears holdings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Karliee in Birmingham, Alabama

72 months ago

I know this is a little old, but rather than creating a question I've been browsing old ones. This is the most recent I could find.
I'm supposed to have an interview at a local Sears today at 6 p.m. When I called to confirm (their online application tool lets you schedule your own interview) the woman who answered sounded a little unsure of whether or not that time was still all right. I hope that everything goes smoothly, and that the Sears here is more organized than the one mentioned.

p.s. Hey Rob, how are my communication skills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Retailworker in framingham, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Good luck ever applying at the Brockton Ma. Sears.... the shoe dept. manager looks about 16 years old and has no personality

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shiftyswitchblade_87 in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

I work there and I'm doing you all a favor when I say this. You do not want to work for Sears Holdings. Any other place in the world is better than Sears. When you start there you get three managers, each of whom tell you to do things differently. The company is dishonest and pays very little. Right after Christmas they will cut your hours so drastically it will feel like you don't have a job. Three hours a week, sundays from 6am to 9am. If that sounds like a good plan than go through with it. You will be sorry.

I'm not being hateful, just honest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Haha, well it's me again it's April 20, 2009... I made that last post 10 months ago in 2008 (I can't believe it's been that long ago) well anyway I never heard from Sears Queers again. I officially hate this company. But no worries, I had gotten two jobs during that summer. Summer is coming back soon so I will be looking for a job again. Will I try Sears?.... Ehhh, only if I have applied for everything in my area I will give them another go. If I do it I will come back and tell you guys my ordeal lol.

Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johnyg310 in Harbor City/Torrance, California

63 months ago

i have an interview tomorrow. Should i call today to confirm?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bosco in Orlando, Florida

63 months ago

johnyg310 in Harbor City/Torrance, California said: i have an interview tomorrow. Should i call today to confirm?

When was the last time the interview was confirmed? If it was a while ago, it would not hurt to call.

I've heard that people have shown up for interviews and no one knew anything about it . . .

Good luck!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.