What's the company culture at Siemens?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Siemens?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Siemens?

Reply - Report abuse

Employee in Elk Grove, California

87 months ago

It all depends on the office location you work at.
Corporate office minimum attire is khakis with button up long sleeve shirt.
Branch offices have some departments that get away with button up shirt tucked in, with jeans.
Suits are mandatory for Directors and on up.

Typical day is too much work to get done, so you work 9 hours doing it. However, if you truly enjoy being busy with the work you are doing, time flys. The challenges can be fun. Some new problem is always coming up to address.

I work for Siemens Transportation Division.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in SC in Simpsonville, South Carolina

87 months ago

Employee in Elk Grove, California said: It all depends on the office location you work at.
Corporate office minimum attire is khakis with button up long sleeve shirt.
Branch offices have some departments that get away with button up shirt tucked in, with jeans.
Suits are mandatory for Directors and on up.

Typical day is too much work to get done, so you work 9 hours doing it. However, if you truly enjoy being busy with the work you are doing, time flys. The challenges can be fun. Some new problem is always coming up to address.

I work for Siemens Transportation Division.

Does Siemens use a forced ranking system to evaluate its employees? This is a system now used by 1/3 of American companies in which employees are evaluated against each other and at least 10 percent are selected as below grade. If not forced ranking, how does Siemens evaluate its employees?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FormerSiemensEmployee in Malvern, PA

85 months ago

The culture is harsh. Not a warm and fuzzy place to work. Very cold. No one looks happy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

Recent contract assignment at Siemens. Siemens is large $150B 400,000 FTE.
Many large divisions. My understanding is that mangers are expected to move to a new facility every few years.

The recent indictment of high level German executive for handing out bribes can only hurt the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

najla in Tunisia

28 months ago

hi, i'm doing a research paper about cross cultural communication issues that is cultural barriers to effective communication, i'm interested in Siemens company in Tunisia. i wanted to know how siemens staff, employees, managers, do communicate with each other. thank you in advance :))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.