Sikorsky News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Sikorsky stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Mary

94 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
answer to your first question, yes, and I think they will continue to grow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary

94 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?
answer to your first question, yes, and I think they will continue to grow.They helicopters speak for themselves they are awesome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

George in Fort Worth, Texas

94 months ago

The question that occurs to me is this: "Will the presence of another aerospace company in Cowtown lead to fewer layoffs on the part of Lockheed? Or will the situation remain basically the same?" We cannot realistically anticipate how Sikorsky will approach mass layoffs. Lockheed leaves something to be desired in their treatment of long term employees.

Chuck in Chesapeake, Virginia

94 months ago

Business 101 : Who is Jeffery Pino? The president of Sikorsky Aircraft, in Stratford CT.

Who WAS Jeffery Pino, the former V.P. at Bell..... in Arlington TX.... you can do the math.

SAC is here for the long haul.... Engineering cost in Stratford CT are a lot more than DFW.... in this telecommute world, it only makes dollars & sense

DNC in Savannah, Georgia

94 months ago

Chuck said: Business 101 : Who is Jeffery Pino? The president of Sikorsky Aircraft, in Stratford CT.
Who WAS Jeffery Pino, the former V.P. at Bell..... in Arlington TX.... you can do the math.
SAC is here for the long haul.... Engineering cost in Stratford CT are a lot more than DFW.... in this telecommute world, it only makes dollars & sense

Don't they have a plant in the Chocolate City, Louisiana, they used to.

Also Kaman (Bloomfield, CT) is in bed with them somehow and they have an expansion plant in Jacksonville, FL.

Chuck in Norfolk, Virginia

94 months ago

DNC said:
Don't they have a plant in the Chocolate City, Louisiana, they used to.
Also Kaman (Bloomfield, CT) is in bed with them somehow and they have an expansion plant in Jacksonville, FL.

Kaman, who also makes acoustical guitars, among other things, has a working relationship with SAC. Know nothing about La. and the facility in Jacksonville FL, is SSSI, and is primarily a H-60 field mod team located at the airport. There are a lot of H-60's in the JAX area.

Jim in Avoca, New York

93 months ago

Speaking as a life-long resident of the area, the Schweizer operation in Horseheads is very well thought of. I have always heard that the local management has an excellent reputation and the local workforce has been innovative, reliable, stable and first-class in every respect. My impression is that this has not be adversely affected in the acquisition by Sikorsky. Hopefully that will remain the case.

Daryl Davis in Elmira, New York

92 months ago

Sykorsky will survive in this area, Formerly Schwiezer aircraft, Ths company has solid ties to this area.
The unfortuante thing is that any company that has to rely on contract work will always have a layoff at some point in time

Rick Slick

92 months ago

Think of long term employment as something of a myth. I worked for 12 years at Eastern Airlines, once the largest carrier in the U.S. My brother worked at Pan Am. If asked back in the 1980's would both airlines go under, we both would laugh and say that some type of world or U.S. economic dissaster would have to happen for them to go out of business. Who would have thought that Delta Airlines, once the most profitable and union free airline would go bankrupt?
Long term employment and job security are no more. Seek a job you enjoy and save as much as you can for that rainy day if it comes.
Rick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canaseraga, New York

91 months ago

"Long term employment and job security are no more."

Why, Rick! You overlook the retail food industry, the local trash-hauling operation, and medical assistants. Perhaps the real jobs are gone (or at least come and go at the whim of the stock market and global economy) but people always have to eat, get their trash hauled away, and get "fixed" when they are broken! Of course, in the future, only the top 2% with the CEO salaries will be able to afford the best food and care ... I am sure McDonalds and clinics can handle the rest of us, eh? And after a life-time at minimum wage, we can stop renting and retire to a beautiful double-wide on SS, right? :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rick Slick

91 months ago

Bingo !!!!!!!!

RhettButler in Corpus Christi, Texas

87 months ago

The material job posted in Corpus Christi is a real dead end position. Sikorsky in Connecticut will promise the Army the world, then leave you holding the bag when they can't deliver material or send the wrong/bad material. It's a revolving door and the work force at Corpus Christi Army Depot is unbelievably uneducated and just plain dumb.

HeyHey in Milford, Connecticut

65 months ago

I think they will thrive, but right now they are not looking to expand their staff. They just laid people off

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.