Southwest Airlines Customer Service Applicants Roll-Call

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

JettingtoMars in hartford, Connecticut

41 months ago

Has anyone applied for this great position of being a customer agent for southwest airlines?

If so, what airport and when is your F2F interview? Many postings have been up on here recently for vacancies across the country in a few select cities, Wondering who got in on it? I did, and f2f interview is coming up. I'm so excited =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

reese31530 in new york, New York

41 months ago

JettingtoMars in hartford, Connecticut said: Has anyone applied for this great position of being a customer agent for southwest airlines?

If so, what airport and when is your F2F interview? Many postings have been up on here recently for vacancies across the country in a few select cities, Wondering who got in on it? I did, and f2f interview is coming up. I'm so excited =)

hi.. i did the phone interview.. did they offer u the f2f on the spot.. how did that go... because she told me they will get to me and i do have 3+ years airline experience.. and i believe that the interview went well

beautychick3 in Bensenville, Illinois

41 months ago

Hey Good Luck, I had a face to face that seemed to go very well, however within 3 days I got a rejection letter. If I have any advice, don't think for 1 second that the interviewer is really interested in your story!!! They probe for info. and it seems everything you say is jotted down. I have plenty of customer service experience and relayed instances to him (as he asked) but maybe shared too much. I think the saddest part is if the interviewer doesnt care for you..... too bad, no job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pixiedust76 in New Haven, Connecticut

41 months ago

I applied for a position at BDL about a month ago. I have a phone interview after about 2 weeks. They called me a little less than a week later to set up the f2f. I did my f2f this last Tuesday and they called me today (Thurs) to schedule my drug screening and fingerprints.

I have to say that I really don't think there is a bias about your personality, unless that is you come across as someone who would do a bad job working with the passengers. I interviewed with Goro and it was very professional. From what I understand the main basis of their choice is your work history. If you have more than 8 jobs in the last 10 years you are out. That is nothing personal, its the rule.

41 months ago

I have 14 jobs in 10 years. Most of them were full time jobs, a couple supplemental/2nd jobs, and couple of fill-in jobs in between full times. So average of a job a year I guess one can say is pretty bad, haha. But I have good reasoning for that, one job being there for 3 years, another for just about 2 years til laid off. Both jobs lost to no fault of my own. But they dont care about that. They must have a standard thinking, toooo many jobs over 10 years will just make one think that one will continue the trend and why change now. I'll wait though =)

41 months ago

Oh and that wasnt all on my resume, there's only the last 7 years on my resume with like 5 or 6 jobs. He didnt even know about my other 6 or 7 jobs because never filled out an application or discussed 10 years over the phone. I think because I have 0 history for labor work, one naturally doesnt hire for that in this case southwest - hiring someone off the street who never done physical work before for employment because of the risk of starting and quitting quickly. But I'll figure out if I want to reapply down the road for ramp and continue to try to convince ready for a change, or stick with what i do best - customer service, which is really what my job history is - customer service and public service sector.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

beautychick3 in Bensenville, Illinois said: Hey Good Luck, I had a face to face that seemed to go very well, however within 3 days I got a rejection letter. If I have any advice, don't think for 1 second that the interviewer is really interested in your story!!! They probe for info. and it seems everything you say is jotted down. I have plenty of customer service experience and relayed instances to him (as he asked) but maybe shared too much. I think the saddest part is if the interviewer doesnt care for you..... too bad, no job!!

AMEN!!!!!! at my face to face interview, the dude bob didnt seem interested in my story to why I was laid off, or why I lost my other long term job because of being forced out by reason of contract termination (worked in a contract job). He didnt care for 1 second. He just wanted to know why, I wont leave southwest if chosen. Simple, I wont leave unless laid off and southwest hasnt done that in 40 yrs or ever in their existence i believe..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pixiedust76 in New Haven, Connecticut

41 months ago

My job history was VERY close to being too many jobs. Goro took into account that I was in school through most of it so that is why I moved around. Also I moved a couple times which added to it.
They do care, but there is also a company rule about how many is too many and if they made exceptions on certain people they would get in trouble for not doing it for others. That is part of working for a union company. There are no exceptions to any rules. It is the same across the board.
It can be frustrating, but it is at least fair in the purest sense.
Good luck, JettingtoMars. Hopefully things will work out when a few jobs drop off your list.
Where are you working now? Will I run across you at BDL?

reese31530 in new york, New York

41 months ago

pixiedust76 in New Haven, Connecticut said: My job history was VERY close to being too many jobs. Goro took into account that I was in school through most of it so that is why I moved around. Also I moved a couple times which added to it.
They do care, but there is also a company rule about how many is too many and if they made exceptions on certain people they would get in trouble for not doing it for others. That is part of working for a union company. There are no exceptions to any rules. It is the same across the board.
Good luck, JettingtoMars. Hopefully things will work out when a few jobs drop off your list.

hey pixie.. how is everything going for u.. i did the drugtest and fingerprinting.. so its back to the waiting game now..lol

41 months ago

pixiedust76 in New Haven, Connecticut said: My job history was VERY close to being too many jobs. Goro took into account that I was in school through most of it so that is why I moved around. Also I moved a couple times which added to it.

I work at BDL now yes doing shuttles and I love my job. I get to interact with southwest flight crew daily and they rock. I make great money w/ the airlines tipping. Of course not every airline crew member tips but most do, for good service. Plus the non airline people that tip too so yes im 100% happy. Good money, good hours, stable work, busy, yada yada. Good service meaning being there in a reasonable time if not already outside when they walk out the door (not 20 mins later, crews are on a super tight schedule and have very few minutes to waste). You probably could run across me at me BDL depending on when you work, if you were to see my little bus out there haha =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrnice79 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

7 months ago

pixiedust76 in New Haven, Connecticut said: I applied for a position at BDL about a month ago. I have a phone interview after about 2 weeks. They called me a little less than a week later to set up the f2f. I did my f2f this last Tuesday and they called me today (Thurs) to schedule my drug screening and fingerprints.

I have to say that I really don't think there is a bias about your personality, unless that is you come across as someone who would do a bad job working with the passengers. I interviewed with Goro and it was very professional. From what I understand the main basis of their choice is your work history. If you have more than 8 jobs in the last 10 years you are out. That is nothing personal, its the rule.

how many jobs did you have in the past 10 years when you applied?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.