Previously employed at swa......

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Michelle Fig in Ahwatukee, Arizona

33 months ago

I was previousy employed at swa for 5 yrs and was terminated in 2007 :( My grievance went all the way to arbitration but ultimately I was not reinstated (I am rehireable). It's been almost 4 yrs and I'm determined to work for southwest again. I've had phone interviews and flew to HOU for a one on one, but I end up receiving rejection letters. Do you think the company is hesitant to rehire me because I tried to fight for my job for almost a year w/the union? Any pointers? I have another phone interview but I'm not sure how to answer "why did you leave the company?" Should I try something else? Thanks for your help :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

It depends,.. Did you just point out or was there a more serious offense?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

John in Chicago, Illinois said: It depends,.. Did you just point out or was there a more serious offense?

It was only points during the last year of my eemployment. Before that, I always had perfect attendance and good letters, never had disciplinary warnings or issues, no performance violations. I was called back for a one on one in dallas last week, they gave me a few hours notice. Of course I was able to fly out but was still rejected. I thought the interview went really really well. They asked about what had happened, I told them it was due to points but I didn't want to dwell on it. Do I try another approach?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cc22me in las vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

Michelle Fig in Ahwatukee, Arizona said: It was only points during the last year of my eemployment. Before that, I always had perfect attendance and good letters, never had disciplinary warnings or issues, no performance violations. I was called back for a one on one in dallas last week, they gave me a few hours notice. Of course I was able to fly out but was still rejected. I thought the interview went really really well. They asked about what had happened, I told them it was due to points but I didn't want to dwell on it. Do I try another approach?

FORGET ABOUT SOUTHWEST.......THEY ARE INTERVIEWING BECAUSE ITS THE PROPER THING TO DO AND THEY DONT WANT A BAD NAME. THEIR A BUNCH OF BURNT OUT BARBIE AND KENS IF YOU ASK ME..RUN RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK...YOU SAID YOU HAD A GREAT RECORD BEFORE YOU GOT SICK? WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DESTROYS THE REPUTATION OF SOMEONE WHO WAS FAITHFUL TO THEM BECAUSE THEY FALL ILL? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN? HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR OVER TEN YEARS W/SW AND I STILL DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE WANTS TO GET IN...MAYBE IN DALLAS HEADQUARTERS WOULD BE NICE OTHER THEN THAT THEY HAVE NOTHING BUT HOW THEY SAY THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES. THE PROOF IS IN PEOPLE LIKE YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cc22me in las vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

cc22me in las vegas, Nevada said: FORGET ABOUT SOUTHWEST.......THEY ARE INTERVIEWING BECAUSE ITS THE PROPER THING TO DO AND THEY DONT WANT A BAD NAME. THEIR A BUNCH OF BURNT OUT BARBIE AND KENS IF YOU ASK ME..RUN RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK...YOU SAID YOU HAD A GREAT RECORD BEFORE YOU GOT SICK? WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DESTROYS THE REPUTATION OF SOMEONE WHO WAS FAITHFUL TO THEM BECAUSE THEY FALL ILL? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN? HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED FOR OVER TEN YEARS W/SW AND I STILL DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE WANTS TO GET IN...MAYBE IN DALLAS HEADQUARTERS WOULD BE NICE OTHER THEN THAT THEY HAVE NOTHING BUT
HOW THEY SAY THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES. THE PROOF IS IN PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Awwwwww thank u, I appreciate that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.