Southwest Airlines Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 119)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Southwest Airlines?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas

87 months ago

I will be going on an interview tomorrow. I did an interview 12 years ago when I was just out of highschool for a flight attendent positon. I am interviewing again for the same thing tomorrow. The first interview hoop is a group interview..at least for flight attendents. You have to answer a question like...One time my sense of humor helped me was... or A time I reached my best performance was.... or they may ask your life motto... i think they are looking for other centered people who have a sense of humor. They also give you a senerio of some kind and you have to work together to come up with a solution...they are looking to see who is passive and who is helpful, and who leads. I think they look for people who stand out by their personality. That's just what I think and a bit from my past experience. There is a book called "Nuts" that you should get and read..it is very helpful and it gave me even more respect for the company!
I wish you the best! We shall see how I do tomorrow!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas

87 months ago

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas said: I will be going on an interview tomorrow. I did an interview 12 years ago when I was just out of highschool for a flight attendent positon. I am interviewing again for the same thing tomorrow. The first interview hoop is a group interview..at least for flight attendents. You have to answer a question like...One time my sense of humor helped me was... or A time I reached my best performance was.... or they may ask your life motto... i think they are looking for other centered people who have a sense of humor. They also give you a senerio of some kind and you have to work together to come up with a solution...they are looking to see who is passive and who is helpful, and who leads. I think they look for people who stand out by their personality. That's just what I think and a bit from my past experience. There is a book called "Nuts" that you should get and read..it is very helpful and it gave me even more respect for the company! from the book...they want to see someone confident and who is a good listener of others not just selfishly sitting and thinking of what they will say when it's their turn... That's all I can say!
I wish you the best! We shall see how I do tomorrow!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Grace Jones

87 months ago

I interviewed with them today for the mutimedia position or should I say, it was more like an interrogation if you ask me. First of all, they fingerprint you (all fingers) and send that information via their computer to the FBI. Not that I have anything to hide but it almost felt like being booked or something. I wasn't comfortable with that, but I understand why they have to do it.

Secondly, I wasn't impressed with the interview. They sit you in a classroom and you are at the head of the class and there are four people on a panel asking you all kinds of questions. Even though the position says for multimedia specialist, I'm not sure they even know what they are wanting. The job description didn't say anything about programming but one person was asking about XML and JavaScript which I know a little but not a programmer. When I asked to see a sample of the kind of projects they did, they looked at me like they didn't have a clue. I thought since I provided them a sample of my work, it would be only fair if I could see one of their projects. At that point, I just wanted to walk out and leave but I sat there and continued to answer more questions, but I just started to answer them any kind of way since I had already formed an opinion that this job wasn't for me. For instance the old grayed haired guy asked me how did I feel about working 12 - 14 hour days, I just bluntly said I can't do any more than 9 or 10 hours a day. NO WAY. Good luck to all who may interview for this position. Let us know how it goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

87 months ago

Interviews are meant as an artificial scenario to try to put the applicant into the job virtually to see how he/she fits. The questions are more easily understood and answered if you view the procedure in that manner.

Take the example of the group interview. That is appropriate for the job of flight attendant because almost anyone can shove a drinks tray up an isle or plump pillows. What they want to know is can you jump into a new group and work as a team on little preparation because that is the most critical part of your job - the airline accident you see. If there were no accidents there would not be any need for flight attendants really. The attendants could all be replaced by vending machines. If you show during the interview that you are hesitant or overbearing (opposite extremes in this scenario) then you are not right for the job.

In the case of the multimedia example, they ask about 14 hour days to find out if you are the type who thinks logically. As you can see, Grace above is not right for the job. She does not think logically. Here is what happened to Grace...

The putting of a person at the front of a class and asked questions by several people is a simple test to see if you can handle addressing a group. Part of your job may be presenting your multimedia ideas in front of an assembly of people. The sitting in front gives the same feeling you get when on a stage (no backup visible) and the multiple questioners gives the same feeling psychologically as an audience that you know is analyzing and questioning your every word.

The long hours is a simple way of determining if you realize a project might get involved and require an extended stretch to get completed. It is illogical to think it was meant as a daily requirement. Had I personally been asked that question, my answer would have been, "Absolutely. I have put as many as 20 hours in a stretch when it was necessary." I would not even dream that the interviewer would be so illogical to beli

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

87 months ago

(overrun)

I would not even dream that the interviewer would be so illogical to believe I was willing to do it every day for years on end.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida

87 months ago

Grace Jones said: The job description didn't say anything about programming but one person was asking about XML and JavaScript which I know a little but not a programmer. When I asked to see a sample of the kind of projects they did, they looked at me like they didn't have a clue.

Grace, just so you know for the future, the multimedia specialist uses multiple media. That means it may be graphics or video or audio. Today's favorite media is the internet so they just wanted to know if you were familiar with how to handle media on the web and that involves skills in programing XML and JAVA scripts. What were you thinking the job entailed? As for a sample, did you expect them to whip out a laptop and show you their website or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Charlie in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Grace, just so you know for the future, the multimedia specialist uses multiple media. That means it may be graphics or video or audio. Today's favorite media is the internet so they just wanted to know if you were familiar with how to handle media on the web and that involves skills in programing XML and JAVA scripts. What were you thinking the job entailed? As for a sample, did you expect them to whip out a laptop and show you their website or something?

Charlie do you work for SWA? Just curious! That's great input on the interviews too. I am trying really hard to get one for one of 5 positions I applied for. I KNOW if I can get the interview I can get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

Nicole in Dallas, Texas said: Charlie do you work for SWA? Just curious! That's great input on the interviews too. I am trying really hard to get one for one of 5 positions I applied for. I KNOW if I can get the interview I can get the job.

No. I do not work for SWA but I have quite a few business miles on airlines and I can tell you, Nicole, that you are perfect for the job of flight attendant. Your personality literally exudes from the words you write and that is one of the qualifications I have observed in all flight attendants I ever saw. I my opinion, it is that ability to comfort people even in a crisis that makes a flight attendant. It is the ultimate customer service position and it depends on qualities in a person that seem to be inborn. You got it, kid, in spades.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas said: I will be going on an interview tomorrow. I did an interview 12 years ago when I was just out of highschool for a flight attendent positon. I am interviewing again for the same thing tomorrow. The first interview hoop is a group interview..at least for flight attendents. You have to answer a question like...One time my sense of humor helped me was... or A time I reached my best performance was.... or they may ask your life motto... i think they are looking for other centered people who have a sense of humor. They also give you a senerio of some kind and you have to work together to come up with a solution...they are looking to see who is passive and who is helpful, and who leads. I think they look for people who stand out by their personality. That's just what I think and a bit from my past experience. There is a book called "Nuts" that you should get and read..it is very helpful and it gave me even more respect for the company!
I wish you the best! We shall see how I do tomorrow!!

Tracy - how did it go?

Nicole

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia said: No. I do not work for SWA but I have quite a few business miles on airlines and I can tell you, Nicole, that you are perfect for the job of flight attendant. Your personality literally exudes from the words you write and that is one of the qualifications I have observed in all flight attendants I ever saw. I my opinion, it is that ability to comfort people even in a crisis that makes a flight attendant. It is the ultimate customer service position and it depends on qualities in a person that seem to be inborn. You got it, kid, in spades.

Thanks Charlie!

I wish! I wanted to be an FA after college and that was what I had planned on while in business school, but I graduated just after 9/11 and FA positions were nonexistant, so I went to work in mortgage banking. Now I'm almost 29 and married with 2 very small kids, so unfortunately, that (FA) ship has sailed. But you're right - I would have been a great one. ;-)
I've been in mortgage banking for 5 years - in 2002 when I went to work the refi boom was in full swing and it was a great place to be. Now it's not such a great place to be and I'm waiting tables on the side! So it's time for me settle into my real career in an industry I love.
I'm an auditor, and an auditor with a personality if you can imagine that! That's why I feel I'd fit in at Southwest - I'm just having a hard time getting noticed. I know it will happen when the time is right.

Thanks for the kind words! I needed the boost! ;-)

Nicole

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas

87 months ago

Hey! It went really really well!! I still haven't heard if I get to go for a one on one! They said two weeks we would get an e-mail...today is two weeks and I haven't heard anything. They changed the process of course since I interviewed 10 or so years ago. The first session was them going over the job and Q& A's which I thought was great and very wise on their part. In the room..the chairs were set up like a plane....we had to sit in ABC order by last name. Then after the first session..if we wanted to stay and felt like the job was for us...they would have us come up one at a time..walk down the center aisle to the back and tell them our name..take a number and then walk back to the front...turn around and tell them a small bit about our selve..why we want to work for Southwest..and take the card with the number we had drawn and read from the card to everyone...it was something you would say to your passengers. I thought the whole process was fun! I enjoyed meeting everyone! Thanks for asking..hope this helps others have an idea of what they might expect...but knowing Southwest...they probably change it everytime!
Thanks!! Tracy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Tracy Forde in Denton, Texas said: Hey! It went really really well!! I still haven't heard if I get to go for a one on one! They said two weeks we would get an e-mail...today is two weeks and I haven't heard anything. They changed the process of course since I interviewed 10 or so years ago. The first session was them going over the job and Q& A's which I thought was great and very wise on their part. In the room..the chairs were set up like a plane....we had to sit in ABC order by last name. Then after the first session..if we wanted to stay and felt like the job was for us...they would have us come up one at a time..walk down the center aisle to the back and tell them our name..take a number and then walk back to the front...turn around and tell them a small bit about our selve..why we want to work for Southwest..and take the card with the number we had drawn and read from the card to everyone...it was something you would say to your passengers. I thought the whole process was fun! I enjoyed meeting everyone! Thanks for asking..hope this helps others have an idea of what they might expect...but knowing Southwest...they probably change it everytime!
Thanks!! Tracy

That sounds like so much fun! I hope they interview their accountants like that! I'll ace it for sure! ;-)

Best of luck and keep us posted!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

madhits in Wixom, Michigan

78 months ago

Hello all,

I have some questions about southwest airlines. I hope someone can help me with this. I just landed an in person
interview in Dallas for southwest airlines. Its next week for a purchasing position in Dallas (im in MI).

I want to make sure I really nail this interview and would love to talk to someone in purchasing or even
operations at Southwest and ask them some questions about the department and interview to really be ready for it.
If anyone can help me with that or if you know someone who I could ask the questions to. I dont want to ask the people im interviewing with obviously but I know the info i gather about the group could be the difference between getting the job and not. If anyone here has recently landed a job at southwest or work with someone in the purchasing group that would be perfect. I hope you can help me. If you have any valuable information please feel free to share it. I want this job so bad you have no idea.

THANKS
jon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ement Lane in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Hi i put my app in with southwest an they are flightin me out to a one on one so i would like to no how it is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rockstar2009 in Longwood, Florida

61 months ago

Hi all,

I am hearing back from a recruiter tomorrow about a position as a Customer Service Agent. How did your interviews go? What can I expect?

I think Southwest would be a great opportunity and I love to help people and travel.

Please let me know,

Thanks!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bobnphx in tempe, Arizona

60 months ago

Hi All,

I interviewed at SW for the position of a reservtaion agent. I was called and offered the job after background check/drug test cleared. Training starts in December and I am super excited............EXCEPT..I got a new hire email today talking about training. We travel to Dallas (to headquarters) for 3 days for orientation. While in Dallas, we will have roomates at the hotel. Is it just me or is that just creepy? I mean, I know it's a tough economy, but come on......bunking w/ a complete stranger?

I could never feel like I could truly relax with someone else in the room, unless the person was already a friend. There are those moments when you want to have a personal conversation with a spouse, or you want to watch what you want to watch on the tv, or you just want to go to the restroom without being concerned about what the other person might hear or smell. EWWWW!!!
The idea of also having to share my sleeping, showering, dressing, and relaxing time with a coworker, let alone a stranger ,just makes me shudder.

The company is sending me away from home, so I should be able to have some free time after done training for the day. Hell, it is hard enough for me to sleep in a strange bed/room/town. I certainly wouldn't be able to sleep with a strange person in the room.

People are vulnerable when they sleep. They may talk in their sleep, they may walk in their sleep, they may drool or do other unpleasant things that they don't want co-workers to know about. Shared sleeping space (with someone other than an intimate) increases the normal vulnerability associated with sleep-time.

I checked w/ the hotel and there was no separate rate set up for those who wish to get their own room. The rate is pretty high...it is a 4 star hotel. I mean, if I pay for it myself, that's a week's salary. What do you guys think? I have not addressed HR at this point because I do not want to make waves (as a newbie) HELP!!!!
Bob in PHX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

freezer10 in Baltimore, Maryland

60 months ago

Bobnphx. Wow, have you ever had a roommate before? Im not trying to sound rude or anything but your making a bigger deal out of this than it really needs to be. Your only going to training in DAL for 3 days? As an SWA employee I had to go to training for 2 weeks! I had to share a room with someone who I ended up being friends with and we got to know each other well. Sure you can end up with someone who snores, and does things different than what your used to. Your only going to be sleeping in the room for a few hours. Bring earplugs! It's not the end of the world. You should be thankful you got the position you did since jobs are hard to come by for anyone in this country now.

Your in training for a reason, to learn the job and become great at it. 3 days sharing a room with someone is not a big deal. Plus your flying from PHX? Your not even that far from home really. So just do it and share a room with someone who you might end up becoming friends with. Everyone is in the same boat as you: they are all new. Just relax and have a great time because training is a lot of fun!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bobnphx in tempe, Arizona

60 months ago

Yes, I have had roomates before. Many times. DO not wish to have roomates again. I was a flight attendant in my former life and shared a hotel room for a month. My roomate ended up getting POLICE ESCORTED out of the room and subsequently FIRED from the airlines. I had items stolen from me, the roomate ran up a very high phone bill, ....etc.... I can go on and on.
Yes , I am going to Dallas from Phoenix. That is not that far away, but that is not the point. IT IS AWAY FROM HOME. Not everyone is so keen to sleep next to a stranger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

paulie6978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

i have training in a few weeks and will have a room mate... im a snorer and have heard of people getting their own rooms if they snore or are bunked with someone who snores.... ill be down there for close to 2 weeks...... not a big fan of having a room mate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde

59 months ago

Gosh...all I have to say is your so blessed to get to work for Southwest. I interviewed for flight attendant....they picked me...but I did nt pass background check due to what they thought was job hoping...unfortunately I have worked two jobs since college to pay off debt. So to be honest I listed all 10 jobs..lol! I was assured by my recruiter that they probably did not take the time to see how the dates overlapped. She offered to write a letter to the committee for the next interview process....but I could nt put my life on hold any longer for this job. I am so thankful for the opportunity to interview and to have been chosen. I have two dear friends that work there and love it. I wish you all the best. Don t let your fears or uncertainties keep you from accomplishing your dreams. Be thankful for every opportunity given...things always seem to work themselves out for the best. I have one relative and two dear friends battling brain cancer today. I am a speech therapist now...I see how your life can be altered in a moment. Make the most of it! Bring some ear plugs...put locks on your luggage...but enjoy the ride!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris M L in Texas

59 months ago

Hey Tracy,
I've been searching multiple times a day on the SWA careers page and have not seen some of the jobs available that I am looking for. I am curious to find out who your recruiter was and if you can put me in contact with her? Is there some other place to look besides their career page to apply?

I am so wishing for a job opportunity with Southwest. I would love a flight attendant, call center, or airport position and wouldn't mind bunking up with a room mate for 3 days.

Any info will greatly be appreciated! Thanks and congrats on your Speech Therapy career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde

59 months ago

Chris,
I ll check my emails and get a name for you. I had asked about that...the jobs listed are the only job openings. I was told they put a freeze on hiring flight attendants for at least a year. Our group was the last to get through....they might begin hiring sometime this year...I'm sure it depends on the economy. I wish you the best. You can always call the people s department and ask to speak to a flight recruiter...they are always nice. You can also think of a creative way to send your resume...sometimes that gets there attention. I ll try and find you a name.
Tracy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris M L in Texas

59 months ago

ok, Great! I didn't know you could call in and ask to speak to a recruiter so that is an excellent tip. Thanks a million and if you find a name, just send it my way. Regards!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

paulie6978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

i just finished my initial training and dallas and let me tell you,.... it was awesome! everyone was great and the tour of HQ was great

southwest is a great company to work for... i still keep muttering to myself how lucky i was to get into SWA... they told us every year they get close to 40,000 apps and hire about 400..... they told us its harder to get into SWA then an IVY league school... very lucky... keep trying!

they also said no one knows for sure if an in flight class will go in this year but there has been whispers of a possible class later this yaer.... good luck to all applying.. you will not regret it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Belton, Texas

58 months ago

Hey Chris...
The two people that I spoke with were Gloria Hinojosa and Rhonda Shepherd...did not interview with them...but they help with the interview process...very nice. Wish you the best.
Love the post above this! SWA is a great company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Belton, Texas

58 months ago

Lol...I am not from Belton Texas!! DFW area!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris M L in Texas

58 months ago

Tracy Forde in Belton, Texas said: Hey Chris...
The two people that I spoke with were Gloria Hinojosa and Rhonda Shepherd...did not interview with them...but they help with the interview process...very nice. Wish you the best.
Love the post above this! SWA is a great company!

Great, Thanks so much! Ivy League???? Scary!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy Forde in Belton, Texas

58 months ago

Lol!! My friends that work there are serving, fun, and hard working. No fear Chris! : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

58 months ago

Is Southwest hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

58 months ago

Tracy Forde in Belton, Texas said: Lol!! My friends that work there are serving, fun, and hard working. No fear Chris! : )

Hi from another Tracy! I saw your post on this forum about speaking with the recruiters. I cannot find a way to contact the People's Department. Is their number non-published?

Some rumors were floating around about SWA hiring this year, so I'm following up. Like you, I'd really like to fly with them!

Are you waiting for the next round of hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

58 months ago

I just received some inside info on Southwest's hiring. They will most likely not be hiring for the rest of the year, but just in case, fill out your on-line resume and make sure you select the notification option. When they do start taking applications, the window may only be 24 hours, so you'll have to act fast when you get their e-mail notification!

Good luck everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

Hey does anyone still talk in here? I am curious about the process after you talk to someone on the phone. I applied for both part time and full time customer service positions at my airport and they called and gave job descriptions, asked a bunch of stuff and went over my resume with me asking what I did and so forth. The recruiter said he would be calling back candidates in 3-4 days to let people know about a face to face interview, does this really typically happen or is this a way of putting me off because he didn't like my interview? I thought it went pretty well and they already knew my job history. Anyone know the typical process for this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

If you have the recruiter's information, try calling back. Couldn't hurt and will show initiative.

Nothing is "typical" in the airline business any more :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

He doesn't answer, ever. I just had the phone interview today but am nervous about what should be happening?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: He doesn't answer, ever. I just had the phone interview today but am nervous about what should be happening?

OK, I didn't know it was today!

They'll probably review your interview along with the others they called. Just wait and see. Don't bug him until after the four working day period has passed. Even if he doesn't answer his phone, his voice mail messages are picked up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

Yeah I will wait it out, I guess they typically call back within a week if they want you and if not you get either a letter or an e-mail, this is so frustrating because I just want to move already! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: Hey does anyone still talk in here? I am curious about the process after you talk to someone on the phone. I applied for both part time and full time customer service positions at my airport and they called and gave job descriptions, asked a bunch of stuff and went over my resume with me asking what I did and so forth. The recruiter said he would be calling back candidates in 3-4 days to let people know about a face to face interview, does this really typically happen or is this a way of putting me off because he didn't like my interview? I thought it went pretty well and they already knew my job history. Anyone know the typical process for this?

Hey,
I recieved a phone interview but the recruiter only told me about the job and did not ask me but only one question? The recruiter said he would call me back in 2 weeks well it has been more than that I have called and left a message and nothing does this mean I was not chosen? I have yet to recieve a rejection call or email what do I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Hey,
I recieved a phone interview but the recruiter only told me about the job and did not ask me but only one question? The recruiter said he would call me back in 2 weeks well it has been more than that I have called and left a message and nothing does this mean I was not chosen? I have yet to recieve a rejection call or email what do I do?

Hi Wayne, when did you apply and interview? I had heard they're not going to be hiring for the rest of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

Wayne sounds familiar to mine, the recruiter's name isn't Sean is it? I had more trouble with SW airlines during the interview process then I have ever had in my life. The recruiter told me 3-4 business days and I waited a week before calling back and finding out I wasn't selected, not saying that is your case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Hey,
I recieved a phone interview but the recruiter only told me about the job and did not ask me but only one question? The recruiter said he would call me back in 2 weeks well it has been more than that I have called and left a message and nothing does this mean I was not chosen? I have yet to recieve a rejection call or email what do I do?

Hey,
Did you get a reject email? I think this is crazy and the employer at least owe you a explanation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: Wayne sounds familiar to mine, the recruiter's name isn't Sean is it? I had more trouble with SW airlines during the interview process then I have ever had in my life. The recruiter told me 3-4 business days and I waited a week before calling back and finding out I wasn't selected, not saying that is your case.

The recruiters name was Chris or something. Are you applying for a F/A? Or in Management?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Hi Wayne, when did you apply and interview? I had heard they're not going to be hiring for the rest of the year.

I applied and had a phone interview in May..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

Wow, you applied online last month? Or I should say, How did you apply? I've been checking them at least once a week and signed up for their job alert notice. Also, a friend who is a retired pilot for SWA called them for me. He was told they probably won't be having any classes for the remainder of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Wow, you applied online last month? Or I should say, How did you apply? I've been checking them at least once a week and signed up for their job alert notice. Also, a friend who is a retired pilot for SWA called them for me. He was told they probably won't be having any classes for the remainder of the year.

Well I applied for a Inflight Supervisor so that is probally why. I was a F/A for 10yrs with another airline and wanted to move into management. So I am not aware of a class of F/A is that what you are trying to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon

54 months ago

I had applied to be a customer service agent at the airport, even went to school for this type of work and I feel the recruiter was very biased because of his actions and what he said. He didnt even ask me interview questions at all and only read my resume word for word out loud and asked if I could fit in a size 2-26 uniform. How could they bring me into the interview with my resume but throw me out for the same resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina said: Well I applied for a Inflight Supervisor so that is probally why. I was a F/A for 10yrs with another airline and wanted to move into management. So I am not aware of a class of F/A is that what you are trying to do?

Yes. I am in the pool of accepted applicants at Frontier, waiting to be assigned a class. I love Southwest though and just missed an application date by a day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

Deegurl in Lincoln City, Oregon said: I had applied to be a customer service agent at the airport, even went to school for this type of work and I feel the recruiter was very biased because of his actions and what he said. He didnt even ask me interview questions at all and only read my resume word for word out loud and asked if I could fit in a size 2-26 uniform. How could they bring me into the interview with my resume but throw me out for the same resume?

I am not sure why he did that? Sounds to me that it fell on him not doing his job because you must have been impressive and you are qualified for the job... How dare he ask you your dress size and if you can fit in a size 2-26 When I was flying I sat on the jumpseat with a F/A that took up the whole seat.. and her dress size had to be a 40 that is just uncalled for. My phone interview was mainly her talking about the job and then she asked me to tell her what the job was about???? then she asked if I had any questions and said she was going to call me in 2 weeks that the class would start between June-August I am still in the air....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wayne101 in Gastonia, North Carolina

54 months ago

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado said: Yes. I am in the pool of accepted applicants at Frontier, waiting to be assigned a class. I love Southwest though and just missed an application date by a day!

OH Shoot!! missed by 1 day huh.. well Frontier is also a great airline but if you want SW make sure you keep lookout for application process and congrats to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DenverDsigner in Englewood, Colorado

54 months ago

The hiring scenario is pretty much the same with all the carriers, it seems. When there is a job opening, they're deluged with applications. I have heard some airlines don't respond at all if you're not selected. Some airlines have the ability for you to check online if you've applied online at their careers site. It all depends upon their electronic sophistication and HR staffing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.