Most of the new jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Peter72 in Worcester, Massachusetts

98 months ago

that this company is posting is from Cisco.

Just apply to Cisco directly as your chances of getting hired directly are 10 fold better without the headhunter fees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

recruitinggirl in Dallas, Texas

98 months ago

Sometimes an agency is a person's only foot in the door at certain companies, especially when their business is cyclical in nature (ie. project-based business). Companies like EDS, Lucent, and others will hire through agencies for specific projects, the select shining stars from those groups to keep aboard when they have full-time positions open. If a great candidate doesn't ever apply through a agency, they may never have a shot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Peter72 in Worcester, Massachusetts

98 months ago

Cisco is a direct hire company where headhunters come in second chasing their tales. Nice BS you post there. Of course Spherion just cuts and pastes the job descriptions from Cisco's website and then tries to force candidates down the throat of Cisco. At least that is what the HR person told me. Apply directly <Edited by Host: personal attack removed>.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

recruitinggirl in Dallas, Texas

98 months ago

Peter72 in Worcester, Massachusetts said: Cisco is a direct hire company where headhunters come in second chasing their tales. Nice BS you post there. Of course Spherion just cuts and pastes the job descriptions from Cisco's website and then tries to force candidates down the throat of Cisco. At least that is what the HR person told me. Apply directly <Edited by Host: personal attack removed>.

The sad part about what you've written here is that I'm just an informed recruiting expert with no connection to Spherion, Cisco or you, Peter72, yet you feel the need to attack me. I just want to help people by posting something that contains common sense. Don't they teach manners up there in Massachusetts?

Of course, you and your friend from HR know everything about the staffing industry and you must also know everything about Cisco's hiring policy at every location around the world too, Right?

So, you must also know that Cicsco utilize agencies regularly for specialized staff because they don't have the time, technology or sourcing know-how to find the technical, legal and administrative staff that they can get quickly and easily through an agency.

FYI, since you're an expert already, I don't need to tell you that most agencies are not always provided with complete job descriptions by their clients. Sometimes they are provided with the company's own job description (think that one through, Mr. Einstein! They are applying for jobs AT Cisco or wherever the job may be), which they proceed to post online or provide for their candidates.

OK...I'm actually too busy for any additional recruiting/sourcing lessons. If anyone has any legitimate questions or requests, please email me directly!

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.