Spherion-what a joke!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

RSK in Raleigh, NC in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

For Marie....Please note that it is not the staffing company's job to "find" you a job. They should recruit according to their clients' needs. If your skills match up to what they look for, then they will contact you. Don't give up hope! Refine your resume and focus it toward a particular job skill or career area. Be sure to send your resume to as many companies and staffing companies as possible. The more you "cast that line," the greater chance of you finding a job (or a job finding you). And yes, I do work for a staffing company (but not Spherion). Good luck in your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Neicey in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

I never had a problem with Spherion. I only was contacted about one job and I was not qualified enough.
I don't have a problem with that, because it's the truth and unfortunately a degree is not enough anymore.

The problem I have with agencies are when they DON'T CALL BACK. The contact I had at Spherion called me back and explained, that's all I ask for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

John in Rosemead, California

92 months ago

I think Spherion sucks too. Same with Robert Half Technology and Omni One.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bessie in York, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

Good Luck to you all : )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GMU in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

92 months ago

Marie said: They a a bunch of misleaders!!!They tell you they will find you work,and nothing happens.I would never recommend this company are others like them to anybody!!!!!

APPARENTLY MARIE - YOU HAVE NOT BOTHERED TO TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW THE RECRUITERS - THERE ARE GREAT PEOPLE AT SPHERION.

HAVE YOUR BAD ATTITUDE CERTAINLY DOES NOT HELP.
GIVE THAT OFFICE A CHANCE. IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SEAT
YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE NOT THEIR ONLY CUSTOMER.

OH BY THE WAY - I AM A SPHERION RECRUITER - GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE ---

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (73) Reply - Report abuse

Jenn in Minneapolis, Minnesota

91 months ago

Spherion sucks~!!! I use to work there. Blah!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Fong in San Francisco, California

91 months ago

Spherion do suck. How dare they go below the minimum wage in San Francisco. San Francisco has the living wage which is 8.65 an hour for more then 10 employees, but if your company has less then that, that is when you don't have to abide by that law. I saw a job that is in San Francisco and it pays 8.50 an hour for that 3-week assignment.I know that they have more then 10 temps. What a laughing stock. What century are the clients living in anyway. 20th century probably. It was a file clerk assignment that I am capable of doing, but I am not taking anything less then $11. So, whoever wants a job in San Francisco can forget about Spherion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Still Persistent in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

91 months ago

GMU said:
APPARENTLY ... GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE ---

I'll repeat a posting from another forum.
"As a recruiter, with this type of posting, you are an embarassment." This was a comment TO a recruiter FROM a recruiter.

People come here to vent "safely", not be be demoralized and belittled. Posting your frustrations is a release. Let it be that. We're allowed to be a little uppity.
You HAVE a job, so get over YOUrself. RSK may also be a recruiter, but, at least gave some valid advice. I have found ideas, pointers, and even encouragement.

Finding a job is full time work. If it wasn't, I wouldn't be typing this stuff at 8:30 PM.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Dean

91 months ago

GMU said:
APPARENTLY MARIE - YOU HAVE NOT BOTHERED TO TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW THE RECRUITERS - THERE ARE GREAT PEOPLE AT SPHERION.
HAVE YOUR BAD ATTITUDE CERTAINLY DOES NOT HELP.
GIVE THAT OFFICE A CHANCE. IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SEAT
YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE NOT THEIR ONLY CUSTOMER.
OH BY THE WAY - I AM A SPHERION RECRUITER - GET OFF OF YOUR HIGH HORSE ---
Your billgerent attitude represents your company very well. Get Lost!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Montgomery, Alabama

91 months ago

Biligerent attitude? Do you even know what that means?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Kim R. in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

Let's get the spelling correct first. B-E-L-L-I-G-E-R-E-N-T

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

GaryTennessee in Gallatin, Tennessee

91 months ago

Today Ms. Nunez informed me that my services would not be needed as the requirement for the assignment has changed. I guess she did not like the fact that I wore jeans. I followed up with a friend at Dell and found out that the requirement for the position had not changed, clearly indicating that not only is Ms. Nunez unprofessional in her work as she had not prepared the proper paperwork I needed to sign yesterday, but that she is also a poor liar.

So here I wasted my time and gas on a round a trip of over 60 miles, my time and effort and than had to fax her two pages of paper at my expense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

GaryTennessee in Gallatin, Tennessee

91 months ago

I will never again have anything to do with this pathetic organization, frankly I think they discriminate against Caucasian people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Ditto for the Atlanta office. But, hey, it's Atlanta! These agencies, like so many that I have tried, blow on ice! It seems their only interest is to rush you of the phone: "Okay I'll put you on our 'availability list'." Click! Hey, you barely even got my first name, you indifferent ***! Can't we get some federal monitoring of these operations? What a freakin' farce!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Oh, man! Did I say "rush of the phone"? Sorry! "off"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SHAY22 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

90 months ago

Marie said: They a a bunch of misleaders!!!They tell you they will find you work,and nothing happens.I would never recommend this company are others like them to anybody!!!!!
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THE RECRUITERS DEAL WITH HUNDREDS OF FOLKS. LIKE YOU THEY ARE TRYING TO DO THE JOB THEY CAN. IF YOU NOTICE RECRUITERS WILL ASK YOU TO CHECK AS WELL.

SIT IN THEIR SEAT FOR ONE DAY AND YOU WILL REALIZE WHAT A VERY BUSY AND IMPORTANT JOB THEY HAVE. THEY WANT TO PUT EVERYONE OUT TO A JOB. BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS THAT THEIR CLIENTS ARE LOOKING FOR.

PATIENT MY FRIEND - DO NOT PUT DOWN SOMEONE WHOM YOU DO NOT KNOW!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

T.Davis in Evansville, Indiana

90 months ago

GaryTennessee said: I will never again have anything to do with this pathetic organization, frankly I think they discriminate against Caucasian people.

You know, I applied for a position in Louisville, KY and I had the same thing going on. I was overqualified for the position but willing to take a pay cut and they acted like I was under qualified.

Best of luck, Spherion is one of the worst recruiters I have found. If you're looking for a quality recruiter that will work for you I would recommend a company named TCML, they have helped me multiple times.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

90 months ago

I agree. Spherion is a joke. Their recruiters don't care about the candidates. They are only interested in the commission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rita in Plano, Texas

90 months ago

Wow...one thing to realize is that Spherion is a HUGE recruiting/staffing company. Sure, some locations are better than others.
The thing is to find a recruiter you can work with - its networking. Spherion and other staffing agencies like them find candidates to fill the job, not the other way around. There are specialized firms that can do that for you. If you are a very highly specialized or high demand field, than sometimes a recruiter/headhunter can market your resume to different companies. Or, you can pay a headhunter that doesn't take fees from clients, but charges candidates for their marketing services instead.

I agree it is frustrating when a recruiter doesn't call you back. I have been a recruiter for over 6 years (and yes one of the companies I worked for was Spherion). When I was hunting for a job, it was shocked at how often I was not called back. Very annoying.

But here is something to think about as well: take a bit more responsibility for your job search. If you are working with a few different recruiters (and you should be if you are serious about your job search) make sure you check in with them at least once a week. When recruiters are dealing with hiring managers at clients, sometimes the hiring managers are really bad about feedback. Thus, why you dont' get feedback as much as you would like. An email stating, sorry we haven't heard from the hiring manager, but I haven't forgotten about you would be nice.

Anyway...a company as large as Spherion is always going to have its detractors. If you don't like them, don't work with them. I think not getting feedback is a valid complaint - and the guy who was told he couldn't do the job because of his clothes after he had interviewed - a valid complaint. But people complaining because recruiters don't get them jobs....not so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

90 months ago

I had a client of Spherion tell me face-to-face that he did not trust them "as far as I can throw them". He continued to tell me they were only interested in the commission and were sending as many candidates as possible so that he would not have time to interview anyone from a competing recruiting firm. When the client selected someone else, the Spherion recruiter called back and belittled me on the phone for not trying hard enough to convince the client to hire me. I will never deal with this company again. Most unprofessional firm I have ever dealt with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Delray Beach, Florida

88 months ago

spherion is not good the dell spherion group is self destructive after 1800 hours. being a tl is bull. your guys maake the sale, the customer calls in later on the 800 number and changes the monitor size. guess what, they say a cookie follows the order and you will get the credit. not. the person on the 800 line cancels the order. new cookie new commission for all your hard earned kiosk work.

yeah great job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Boynton Beach, Florida

86 months ago

Yes, I worked there...in the S. Florida market. Management was a TOTAL mess in the area. They put on a good 'act' for some time...and some still are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CAROL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

86 months ago

THAT IS A SHAME YOU HAD SUCH BACK EXPERIENCE.
I WORKED WITH THE SPHERION IN MARYLAND AND THEY ARE GREAT - GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH, THEY RESPECT YOU AS YOU RESPECT THEM -

DO NOT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE SPHERION AS AN WHOLE - YOU NEED TO SAY IN YOUR COMMENTS THAT THE PARTICULAR OFFICE YOU HAD A FEW ISSUES - DO NOT JUDGE SPHERION AS A WHOLE.

GOT IT - GET IT - SPHERION IS AWESOME TO WORK FOR. -
MAYBE IT IS YOU THAT HAVE THE PROBLEM NOT SPHERION -

MAYBE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE IN GENERAL NOT JUST SPHERION. -- RETHINK YOUR DECISION -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

CAROL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

86 months ago

Bud in Durham, North Carolina said: I agree. Spherion is a joke. Their recruiters don't care about the candidates. They are only interested in the commission.

MAYBE IT IS YOUR DISRESPECT TO THEM NOT SPHERION - I WORK FOR ONE OF THEIR COMPETITORS - WE THINK THAT THEY ARE GREAT - IT MUST BE YOU AND YOUR "TUDE"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

86 months ago

Carol... Why are you yelling? Press the Caps Lock key to turn off all upper case. Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tice in Bronx, New York

86 months ago

GaryTennessee in Gallatin, Tennessee said: I will never again have anything to do with this pathetic organization, frankly I think they discriminate against Caucasian people.

First of all Gary, it was completely your own fault that you did not get the position. First, you went to see her in your jeans. Even though you were on your way to the gym, you should have stopped in a clothing store to buy a nice dress shirt , pants and shoes. Or turned the car around and gone right back home to dress up before seeing Ms. Nunez again. Don't you know that appearance counts when trying to obtain a job?

I am sure that she sees many people through out the day and talks to just as much on the phone. How is she supposed to remember what you said to her about going to the gym. Nor should she even care about where you were going.

You act like you were doing her a favor by showing up to see her, when in fact she is doing you a favor and a service by getting you a job. You GUUMBA??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

James in Los Angeles, California

85 months ago

SHAY22 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I AGREE MAYBE YOU NEED MORE SKILLS THAT THEIR CLIENTS ARE LOOKING FOR

MORE TRAINING MAYBE AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

Do you think we don't know you work for Spherion. Why don't you get off this website and get back to work. Maybe then people will not stop complaining that your company is terible.

by the way the all caps is a really nice touch

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sthtampa23 in Richmond, Virginia

85 months ago

Honestly, I have been contracting for several years and I really can only say one firm has had the respect and honesty...that has been Apex Systems. But, I also have not worked with every firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Nel in Atlanta, Georgia said: Ditto for the Atlanta office. But, hey, it's Atlanta! These agencies, like so many that I have tried, blow on ice! It seems their only interest is to rush you of the phone: "Okay I'll put you on our 'availability list'." Click! Hey, you barely even got my first name, you indifferent ***! Can't we get some federal monitoring of these operations? What a freakin' farce!

Hey Nel,

Was this the office located on Peachtree Street? If so, I had a great experience with them and they were actually able to help me with 2 positions because the companies had mislead them as to the type of position they were looking for.

It was the only company that I was able to get some work from compared to that of Robert Half, Accountemps, etc. I think that if they have particular skills to place you and they have the work, they'll send you. They had some assignments with Coca Cola, but Coca Cola was very lax in getting back with you and very unprofessional. I had a phone interview with them and they had the attitude that you should be happy they contacted you.

Give Spherion a chance because I know if you ask them, they will help you out. The person I worked with last year was Liz at the Peachtree office and Rosalind on the temporary placement side.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jerry in San Leandro, California

85 months ago

CAROL in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: THAT IS A SHAME YOU HAD SUCH BACK EXPERIENCE.
I WORKED WITH THE SPHERION IN MARYLAND AND THEY ARE GREAT - GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH, THEY RESPECT YOU AS YOU RESPECT THEM -

DO NOT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE SPHERION AS AN WHOLE - YOU NEED TO SAY IN YOUR COMMENTS THAT THE PARTICULAR OFFICE YOU HAD A FEW ISSUES - DO NOT JUDGE SPHERION AS A WHOLE.

GOT IT - GET IT - SPHERION IS AWESOME TO WORK FOR. -
MAYBE IT IS YOU THAT HAVE THE PROBLEM NOT SPHERION -

MAYBE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RESPECT PEOPLE IN GENERAL NOT JUST SPHERION. -- RETHINK YOUR DECISION -

Why is it that all of the Spherion defenders feel as if they must shout, that is all CAPITALIZATION indicates to most net users. Your message is suspect due to its point of origin (HQ). How is it that so many Spherion employees have time to review and rant on these messages, in-house feedback system broke?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Invisible Truth in Brooklyn, New York

85 months ago

Spherion is the worse company in the world to work for and the recruiters at Spherion know that it is a horrible company to work for that is the main reason I kicked them off of my vendors list.

If you get into a company and you have that power get rid of them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Syracuse in Syracuse, New York

84 months ago

Guys, guys...be nice to each other. This topic has many layers. Spherion, as a corporation is VERY POORLY run (I've met the CEO and VPs on more than one occasion) Furthermore they have NO INTEREST in doing what's right...they are only trying to drive revenue to make the share holders happy...and if that means treating people like dogs and grinding up their employees, so be it! Furthermore they hire the MOST INEPT Managing Directors to run their offices. Most of these people are employed at their level of incompentency (perhaps there are a few good ones left?). The vast majority of them have NO CLUE how to manage, or more importantly LEAD (professional) people. They only want tele-marketing type people that they can abuse...and abuse HARD! -- As for the recruiters, they are just trying to make a living...having people (MDs)making your job harder everyday is not an easy spot to be in when you working on commission. There are a few good ones out there...and quite a few BAD ONES. For the most part, anybody with ANY level of integrity and self-worth doesn't stick around too long!! - The few that have stuck it out, have either been beaten into submission or have probably fallen *ss backwards into a pool of money and would be foolish to walk away from the payday...but I am sure they still hate a LOT about the place!! - The REAL JOB that you get on the other side of the Spherion experience (if you are a candidate) is unto itself...and can usually be gotten through at least a half dozen other agencies as well!!
The short answer is YES...SPHERION TREATS PEOPLE HORRIBLY...so SHOP AROUND.
The job market is going to continue to get tighter (baby-boomers start retiring this year...and approx 1800 a day will retire for the next 15 years!!)-- Spherion will need you WAY more than you need them!! -- GOOD LUCK!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

f f in east hanover, New Jersey

83 months ago

I'm a former Spherion employee, recently laid off from my $27 per hour job working for EDS at Kraft Foods, because Spherion would not let EDS hire me. Due to some mythical contract between EDS and Spherion (which Taz Stephens [Spherion, IL] refused to let me read) EDS was only allowed to hire 6 (six) Spherion employees per calendar year. And as they had already done so, I'm now out of a job. And what's worse, Spherion had no other assignments lined up for me (or any of the other employees who were also laid off). Which let's me believe that since NJ is a right to work state, I may have grounds for legal action (I'm looking into it now).
In addition, when I told my rep, Mike Hanson, about my pending lay-off, he ASKED if I wanted them to look for another assignment for me! He ASKED!!! Shouldn't that be Spherion's priority whether I request it or not? (Incedentally, I told him I'd rather go back to retail)

Spherion is, with out question, the worst company I've ever worked for, and I'll be damned if I let them ever earn another dime off my back.

I realize the IT industry is in the toilet. I've been in the game for 14 years now. If you're an IT worker, and you can avoid it, it's my opinion that you should NOT work for Spherion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ff also in Kearny, New Jersey

81 months ago

So here I am again, with MORE complaints about Spherion.
It's been nearly 3 months since I was laid off, and I'm still forced to deal with this HORRIBLE company.

Today's issue: an address change.

Due to being laid off, I was forced to move because I could no longer afford my last apartment. I notified Katie Piercy, Spherion, IL, of my address change on December 20th, 2007 and asked her to make sure my W2 is sent to my new address.

She replied telling me to contact local recruiter Richard Katz (and she did not include his contact info. thanks.)
So, I emailed Richard Katz my new address, also on December 20th... NO REPLY.

So, today, I emailed him again asking him to confirm receipt of the email.
Instead of getting a reply from him, I get a reply from Katie Piercy telling me she had updated my address, but my W2 will be sent to the address they had on file as of December 31st.
She did NOT say which address that is though!

I wrote back stating that since I contacted both her AND Katz on Dec. 20th, she should be sure to send a copy to my new, correct address. I await her snarky reply.

These people treat their consultants like crap. I can't wait to receive my W2, the last piece of correspondance, and finally be rid of this f-ing company for good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

m Devibear in San Jose, Colorado

77 months ago

Spherion DOES svck. I am at an RPO client of theirs. I was identified, screened and selected by the client, not Spherion. The RPO that Spherion has with the client has me working through them. No biggie. I get paid about 10K a month but Spherion is billing the client SEVENTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for me. They do have some employer contributions to taxes and other expense, but not seven grand a month worth. They are making money hand over fist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LFlack in Seal Beach, California

73 months ago

I was very happy with Spherion - they got me a couple of long term jobs and the time between jobs was minor.

However, I am Now NOT HAPPY at all - After the client released me from my last assignment (there was no more work), I applied for unemployment.

I am in CA by the way... Spherion is protesting my unemployment!! This is the first time that they have done that. Now it has been over a month and a half and I am just finding out about this.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am calling Corporate tomorrow as my office here doesn't seem to know anything - they just tell me that corporate handles everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

James Heddell in Saint Louis, Missouri

73 months ago

First of all, I do work for Spherion, and I am sorry that anyone has had a negative experience with my company. I do not doubt that some have had a negative experience while working with Spherion, and I do regret that these things have happened. I hope that your next experience with Spherion is better than your first, that is assuming that you will give us a second chance. Although we cannot find everyone a job, we can certainly treat you with the dignity and respect that you deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Boone

71 months ago

I was offered a job working 2 hours somewhere by Spherion. Declined because it was not cost effective, fuel-wise.

Person who signed up with me, nothing for him and he's a young white male! Thought they had priority to be sent out.

Nothing offered since from the St. Paul office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Boone

71 months ago

My bad..the call might have been from TempForce. lol. As many as I've signed up with...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

1angel in Norcross, Georgia

70 months ago

i wonder if u could help me,since your a recruiter for spherion, i was contacted by a recruiter from spherion in a different state,the company they submitted my resume is a very good company.Do spherion contact protential candidates in a different state? Never heard of it. Please reply,thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jason mayberry in Roseville, California

66 months ago

I have worked for the said company since October 2008, and all of a sudden i get an email that's says....
Jason,

Unfortunately due to budget constraints, your assignment at Blue Shield of CA has ended. Please contact me to make arrangements to return your security badge and collect your personal items.

Thank You,

Cynthia A Richard (edh, California)
916-350-

i feel like i could kill someone because there has been so many people to get hired after me and recently i was told i was doing a great job. And then all of sudden i get this bullpoop email. I have never been so upset with an employer in my life, spherion is not the best employer if you want to become a permanet employee anywhere cause you dont know how long you will actually be employed before they get tired of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

softbear in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

63 months ago

How can anyone stick up for a company that gives their employees not even basic benefits. In over 40 years of being in the work force I never worked for a company that gave no benefits at all. The one benefit they do have which is medical is a joke. Plus no holiday pay, vacation pay & no sick leave. Worse company I have ever for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frog123 in Winnipeg, Manitoba

58 months ago

I agree with many of the negative feedback on Spherion, particularly "Bud from Durham" who stated that Spherion only cares about their commission.

I registered with Spherion and passed all software testing with great results. After making the mistake (I belive in hindsight) by telling a particular recruiter that I would work for a low wage for short term assignments, that was the only work they called me about.

I have caught Spherion recruiters telling you one thing and then later contradicting themselves by denying they told you this.

The branch managers are no better.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

frog123 in Winnipeg, Manitoba

58 months ago

I agree with many of the negative feedback on Spherion, particularly "Bud from Durham" who stated that Spherion only cares about their commission.

I registered with Spherion and passed all software testing with great results. After making the mistake (I belive in hindsight) by telling a particular recruiter that I would work only for a low wage for short term assignments, turns out that was the only work they called me about.

I have caught Spherion recruiters telling you one thing, and then later contradicting themselves by denying they told you this.

You can tell when they are lying to you and denying opportunities as they have your pegged only for jobs that it is convenient to them to assign you to.

The branch managers are no better.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

greatminds in Savannah, Georgia

56 months ago

Neicey in Cleveland, Ohio said: The problem I have with agencies are when they DON'T CALL BACK. The contact I had at Spherion called me back and explained, that's all I ask for.

That was my biggest issue with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FL Diver in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

Not only does Spherion care just about their commission they care about their performance forum. Spherion made everyone in the company take a pay reduction this year of a minimum of 5 days without pay to keep from having to layoff any people to reduce manning in the branches to usually one person. Even with the continued layoffs and lack of profits Spherion is going to have their Performance Forum again and guess where...................wait for it...............Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas -- only one of the most expensive resorts!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rjbell99 in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

It's odd that the Spherion folks here like to use CAPS LOCK on their replies...LOL! Anyway, I was working with a lead recruiter in FL. and I received a call from the local NV. office that I was over qualified for the position in which I applied. This was after I completed all the required online paperwork and assessments. I also received a call from the FL. recruiter the same day stating that he was sending over more tests for me to take (oddly enough the same online tests that I already took). Do these different offices not communicate with each other? I replied back to the FL. recruiter stating that I was advised that I was over-qualified and if he could clarify if I needed to take the tests or not. Funny, but no reply. Odd how if the candidate is no longer a contender for a position they quickly move on. Oh well, a reply back would have been, at the very least, courteous and professional. No more Spherion for me.

In general, temporary agencies are a waste of time unless you are looking for a crappy-paying customer service gig until something more substantial comes along. I kind of chuckle when I see 100K professional jobs listed with a temp agency. What kind of employer needs to use a temp service for that kind of job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rjbell99 in Las Vegas, Nevada

46 months ago

SHAY22 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THE RECRUITERS DEAL WITH HUNDREDS OF FOLKS. LIKE YOU THEY ARE TRYING TO DO THE JOB THEY CAN. IF YOU NOTICE RECRUITERS WILL ASK YOU TO CHECK AS WELL. SIT IN THEIR SEAT FOR ONE DAY AND YOU WILL REALIZE WHAT A VERY BUSY AND IMPORTANT JOB THEY HAVE. THEY WANT TO PUT EVERYONE OUT TO A JOB. BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS THAT THEIR CLIENTS ARE LOOKING FOR.

PATIENT MY FRIEND - DO NOT PUT DOWN SOMEONE WHOM YOU DO NOT KNOW!!

They want to put everyone out of a job? Take the CAPS LOCK off and try proofreading once in a while.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Columbus, Ohio

39 months ago

i went to a shherion loved the recruiters they said work 6 months then we haft to lay u off for 3 months but if u are good we will bring u back they gave me a no. to another office called them 4 times they never called me back so i filed unemployment after my 3 months was up called spherion where i worked befor they brought me back in took drug test i passed told me they rated me no. 1 out of 5 i never missed a day never was late took all overtime that was offered but had no 3rd shift they wanted to give me day i told them have a handycap wife and can only work nights so they will call me when something comes up i have friends in the company told me they have hired 3 times now for 3rd shift. witch i wanted to switch jobs to make more money to help pay for my wifes med. and house pay. no i have question for u shay22 is it your polocy to keep me on unemp. then to let me take a diff. position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

RELee in Moberly, Missouri

38 months ago

Greetings, I would like to share about my time with Spherion.

This summer my College fund had run out and I was looking for work, I was contacted by a recruiter from Spherion after he saw my resume on CareerBuilder. I was brought into the local office of Spherion in Overland Park (Please ignore that my location states I am from Moberly, Missouri, I'm actually from De Soto, Kansas). I was in a room with four other recruits and we were all drug tested, told we would start work tomorrow at Kane Is Able in New Century, KS. Kane is a Third Party Logistics company, and this particular plant was under contract with Kimberly Clark, the makers of Viva, Cottenelle, and Huggies. Everything seemed fine until about 2:30pm, when I was sent home early along with others, we were suppose to work a ten hour shift. This trend continued, with workers such as myself being sent home after 8 hours, 6 hours, sometimes even after 2 hours of work. My first week I worked 20 hours, 20 less than what I was told I would work. my next week was a little better, a little over 30 hours, my third week was a joke, I worked one day for 5 hours. For the entire week. my fourth week I worked 18 hours. and my final week, I worked nine hours before being told that I was not a good fit.

To add a bit of more "This is a bad company to work for", We happened to have in our midst the daughter of one of the Kimberly Clark supervisors. Her name is Ashley, and her father oversees both the New Century location and another location in Dallas, TX. While working together with her on breaking down cardboard boxes on Line 5 (This particular day, Line 5 was preparing Huggie Displays), she informed me that workers in Dallas do the same job as us in New Century, but get paid more than 8.00 an hour.

More on the next post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.