What's the company culture at St. Paul Travelers?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at St. Paul Travelers?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at St. Paul Travelers?

Reply - Report abuse

Julie in Glendale, California

86 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at St. Paul Travelers? TRAVELERS IS EXTREMELY CASUAL. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS UP FROM THEIR DESK CHIT CHATTING, GOING FOR WALKS, OR HANGING OUT AT THE NEAR DELI.

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers? JEANS ARE NOT ALLOWED BUT PEOPLE DRESS PRACTICALLY IN THEIR PAJAMAS. MOST PEOPLE ARE UNHAPPY WORKING THERE.

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at St. Paul Travelers?

STRESSED. WITH SO MANY POSITIONS THAT WERE ELIMINATED AND OTHERS WHO QUIT, TRAVELERS HAS DUMPED THE WORK ON THE ONE BEHIND OBVIOUSLY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Saddle River, New Jersey

86 months ago

My brother seems to rather enjoy it actually. Keeping in mind that he just started, and I'd agree with Julie on how lax they are on dress code seemingly. My brother wears jeans and a t-shirt on Fridays with sneakers.

I would find life as an insurance adjuster rather boring and monotonous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter in Farmngton Hills in Farmington, Michigan

86 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the

My wife works for Travelers, they took the St. Paul part off their name a litle while ago. She seems very happy with her job and has been with them for aprox. 10 years. They have causal days on Friday and employee club get togeathers on occassion to try and lighten things up. From what what she tells me the people that came from St. Paul are the ones that really seem unhappy but latley they seem to be getting better aclimated. They have had to make some changes in the way that they worked, new systems etc.. and as with Human nature no one typipcally like change. Like all jobs you have busy stressful times but overall its a good place to work. They seem to have a good group of top executives in place and are one on the stronger compaines in the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tee in Saint Paul, Minnesota

86 months ago

I work for Travelers - and I'm not happy there. I think a lot of it depends on which division your in...But overall, the culture is that of a behemoth insurance company - slow to change, same people working there forever, people lack accountability. I'm looking for a change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

Julie, brother of Jennifer, wife of recruiter, Tee...
what is your job title or what type of work do you do at your location?
Customer Service, Underwriting, Claims, ....?

Anyone from the Tampa office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.