Great company, but clarify corporate or hotel

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jefferson66 in Marietta, Georgia

79 months ago

Starwood is an excellent company to work for, my wife has been with them for several years and is doing very well. I've read a lot of the comments, and you really have to clarify whether you're talking about a corporate position or a position in a hotel.

She's in corporate, and the benefits and opportunities are spectacular. There is a lot of opportunity for vertical and horizontal movement, so even if you find yourself stuck in a position you don't enjoy, there is ample choices in other departments.

Positions in the hotels are a different animal entirely. Remember that some hotels are franchised and some are owned and some are managed. So there are different levels of corporate involvement. Also, you're working in a hotel. These jobs have extremely high turnover, and don't come with many of the same benefits you'd get in a corp position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

giramondo in Mestre, Italy

75 months ago

Hi Jefferson66, am currently working in sales at Hilton, just got an offer for a corporate position with Starwood. The money is slightly less but am tempting to accept the offer anyway because Starwood is a more up n' coming group in my opinion. You mentioned the 'benefits and opportunities are spectacular', could you give me a better idea what these are? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.